forum

[Archived] random spectate issue where presses don't show up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jeremii
Problem Details:
Well, it's kinda hard to explain
Mark9870 started spectating me, but the keypresses didn't get registered on his screen. He stopped spectating and spectated back, the keypresses got registered again. We tried reproducing the issue while playing, but we didn't get it to reproduce. My guess is: the spectated player should restart (using the quick restart key) on the moment the spectator starts to spectate. This timing makes it kinda hard to getit right.
I'm not sure, but i think our locations may have to do something with this:
Mark's located in Philippines and I am located in France (quite obvious when looking at our profile flags, but i felt like this had to be written out.)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Well we have no screenshot or video, but two replay files:
Replay generated from my point of view: Dropbox
Replay generated from his point of view: Dropbox
Link of the map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/909391

My osu! version: 20160821beta
Mark9870's osu! version: b20160821.1
RvNovae
Hm, fixing such a minor thing at this point is kind of redundant since the whole engine is being rewritting anyways and I bet such things would get fixed by that as well. Also I guess it's just a temporary thing that just happens from time to time, probably due to connection issues etc.
If you want to try to replicate it though, just poke me when I'm online.
Topic Starter
Jeremii
I also do think that fixing this here wouldn't be that useful because either you try very hard to get that, either it's super random, but at least i'm trying to get the devs to be aware of this bug (so they might fix it in Lazer)