Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
qinche

SapphireGhost wrote:

Here's some stuff.

[General]
- I think Tick Rate 2 would work better here.too noisy
- SB Load goes over 5.0 at 01:01:527, please try to fix this. You can use this guide to disable your background image from the start and then have it fade in to reduce SB Load and filespace.only for seconds, its not a big deal, if u look into .osu, the bg is already removed

[Keine]
01:05:618 (1,2,3,4,1) - The spacing here is a bit odd. I would change it to a symmetrical, non-overlapping pattern.nope, thats how the ds works, i would rather not do anything about it
01:23:345 (5) - New combo here?needless, its not long anyways

[Shirasawa]
00:36:981 (2,3) - Remove overlap hereovelap?
I hope this helps!
Aleks719
General
  1. 0% of volume is unrankable. Set 5% or a bit louder.
  2. nazi
    [Events]
    //Background and Video events
    0,0,"bg.jpg"
    _F,0,-3000,45168,1
    _F,0,45168,66985,0
    _F,0,66985,93746,1
    _F,0,93746,111985,0
    _F,0,111985,,1
    ^-- It might be in *.osb file, not in every *.osu
KUMA's Insane
  1. Turn on "display sb infront combofire" like in other diffs
  2. Your timing sections are setting for custom hitsounds. But there are no custom hitsounds in folder. Did you miss them?
Shirasawa
  1. Stack Leniency 3 is unrankable (as far as i remember), it must be 4 or higher
@kanpakyin : okay, I'm not sure, i remember that one map was popped because is has low(3) stack leniency

Keine
  1. AR 6 is not good for easiest diff with 1.4 stars. Reduce a bit please <= It was just suggestion
edited after kanpakyin's message.
kanpakyin

Aleks719 wrote:

Shirasawa
  1. Stack Leniency 3 is unrankable (as far as i remember), it must be 4 or higher
Wee~ Stack Leniency 3 is rankable!
and....why I miss a star for this .__.
Star for 呆呆
Equivalent_old
Ok, let make thing clear here:

Keine (Easy):
The difficulty setup for the easiest is way too high.
Reduce AR to 3. (AR 6 is seriously not friendly to new user), HP drain to 2, OD to 2

Shirasawa (Normal):
Reduce AR to 6.
Set stack leniency to 4
-->About stack leniency: The lowest it can go is 3 just like what Kanpakyin said. But in this situation the stack leniency 3 make pattern with 1/2 stack is not seen as stack which is not rankable.
-->In this difficulty itself have allots of 1/2 stack patterns
--> Stacks that not clearly seen as stack here are with current setup:
00:02:890 (8,9)
00:13:800 (3,4)
00:22:663 (5,6,7)
00:48:572 (6,7)
00:55:390 (9,10)
01:25:731 (9,1)
01:26:413 (2,1)
01:47:550 (5,1)

-->Understand clearly what the sentences in the rules stated. It doesn't say anything about which isn't rankable but state set to the point where the stack can no longer occur. Which mean stack leniency 3 here is against the rules.
Stack leniency must not be set to a point where stacking no longer occurs. The option only exists for advanced patterns where a higher stacking leniency looks horrible or doesn't work.

Insane:
Tick "display storyboard in front of combo fire" as the other 2 difficulty use this setup
00:19:595 (2,3,4) move this notes outward, where in the current state the stack doesn't occur. Right now it is 0.001x DS which incline toward the slider thus making the stack not visible. Move it outward a bit will goes 0.002x outward.
00:44:822 (2,3,4) ^
01:00:845 (4,1,2) Touch the hp bar

That all from me, I give you star as the mapset itself is pretty nice to play

Edit:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Verdis:
00:35:869 (1,3) - the amount of overlap with the hp bar is already sort of ridiculous. If the hp bar was bigger (there are skins with bigger hp bars.....), I am not sure if I would be able to see the slider track. Please change this.
Quoted on : U - Sakura Saku

To Shiirn, yes it is still guidelines right now. But the notes is really into the hp bar

Another edit: Like Aleks719 said, 0% volume is not rankable

Edit 3: forgot to star >.>

Shiirn
@Equivalent

custom skins should never be used to tell whether something touches the HP bar. That is the player's fault, not the mappers.
James2250
A lot of mods to look through :P

-Up to you if you want to change any of the notes that go into the HP Bar, as Shiirn mentioned that shouldn't ever be compared with a custom skin but they don't look too nice with the default skin either in my opinion
-I am fine with the slider tick rate being 1 on every difficulty instead of 2 and the 5.0 SB load isn't too bad as doesn't last for long
-Although it really doesn't matter...0% timing sections are apprently not meant to be used anymore, so change them all to 5%

Keine:
-Both the HP/AR would be nice being 1-2 lower for the easiest difficulty
01:05:618 (1,2,3,4) - I agree with Sapphire, the spacing here looks odd...even if that is how DS shows it, you could fix it manually

Shirasawa:
-Although a stack leniency of 3 is not unrankable "all of the time" in this case it acts like stacking is disabled at certain points (as is explained above) so stuff like 01:25:390 (8,9,1,2) is harder to read. Changing it to 4 should fix all of those problems
-I would lower the AR slightly more to balance between the difficulties

KUMA's Insane:
-Needs the storyboard displays in front of the combo fire like the other difficulties as mentioned earlier
00:08:345 (2,3,1,2,1,2,3) - spacing like this doesn't really flow well with the song
00:55:731 (1,2) - jump doesn't fit

Anyway I only posted on some of the more major things that people have commented on while going through. I suggest you also take a look at all of the other comments that have been left here as well

I would try and get a few more mods before getting a rebubble on this if possible~
Equivalent_old
James, edited and yeah there goes my screenie as some arguing all over about it. Also 1 thing more: I think it better if you recheck the timing, the metronome sound a bit too early for me
Topic Starter
qinche
1. stack leniency

i will not change this whatsoever becuz for patterns like 00:02:890 (8,9,10,1) - even 4 will make it look ugly, current SL is the highest it can go http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/128054, its an easy hard so i dont expect anyone should be tricked by note under note or slider.

2. AR6 for easiest diff

this is not an easy at all, it should be classfied as normal, the patterns, rhythms are not typically for fresh beginners. i can allow it to reduce 1 but thats about it. believe or not, a way too low AR will only confuse people. HP and OD cant be reduced, they will just give people an impression of an easy.

3. 01:05:618 (1,2,3,4) - in easiest diff

should be explained more. the reason that DS changed is becuz i used a lower SV, which happens to fit that particular part of the song in a slow, soft feeling. so, the DS goes with the SV, and im not willing to change. not becuz the pattern looks not cool, but becuz thats the best way to arrange this part without making it looks even worse.

4. overlap with HP bar

i think rather not do anything about it, first as many of u said, mapper cant map adjust to players settings. KUMA had made nice patterns so i would not to ruin them. its not covered by default skin and im happy about it.

i checked the display sb in front of combo fire, and put all the 0% into 5%, these are mistakes i have not look carefully and i thank you for pointing them out.

yup, thats all ive fixed. i cant believe i got so many mods just in one day yay.
Alace

Equivalent wrote:

James, edited and yeah there goes my screenie as some arguing all over about it. Also 1 thing more: I think it better if you recheck the timing, the metronome sound a bit too early for me
The timing sound good to me. i may -2~-5 personally. but it is already good now
Equivalent_old

qinche wrote:

1. stack leniency

i will not change this whatsoever becuz for patterns like 00:02:890 (8,9,10,1) - even 4 will make it look ugly, current SL is the highest it can go http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/128054, its an easy hard so i dont expect anyone should be tricked by note under note or slider.

The reason why it not rankable is not because it about beautiful or not but playability with hidden mod.
Topic Starter
qinche

Equivalent wrote:

qinche wrote:

1. stack leniency

The reason why it not rankable is not because it about beautiful or not but playability with hidden mod.

Equivalent wrote:

Stack leniency must not be set to a point where stacking no longer occurs. The option only exists for advanced patterns where a higher stacking leniency looks horrible or doesn't work.
the patterns do look horrible and they dont work well with SL 4. yup.
Sakura
Just here to say, that if some patterns arent stacking correctly they are indeed unrankabke HOWEVER, increasing stack leniency isnt the only solution, you may also manual stack those notes and the map will be fine.

I was asked to check the map in question out, not sure if the person that requested wants me to say his/her name so i'll just leave him/her annonymous for now.
Stack leniency 4 does NOT look ugly at all on the map and it fixes all of the stacks, there are too many to use the manual stacking method so it's better to simply increase stack leniency by 1 tick.

Also starring because i like the song and maps in general
Topic Starter
qinche
im tired arguing over SL, so i raised it to 4 and hacked txt to change some ugly stacking.

hope that solves everything.
Sakura
Way better enjoy your Cherry Rebubble Hope this gets ranked soon XD Good Luck!
Topic Starter
qinche

Sakura Hana wrote:

Way better enjoy your Cherry Rebubble Hope this gets ranked soon XD Good Luck!
weeeee thanks~
Equivalent_old
Actually it supposed to be written like this:

Where the bold one is the rules. the non bold is the explanation. Seriously, I think the rules need to be reword properly. Btw, feel safer with your bubble now.
Alace
After some discussion and rechecking with Sakura Hana. kioukiou and james2250
we thought the main issues are all fixed. the stacks look good now
ranked
Firo Prochainezo
I wanted to map this, but you did justice to this song.

I love it. Congratulations on rank! :)
Topic Starter
qinche
thanks to everyone that had put effort into this map, and thank to people who like it.
Snowy Dream
>w< 呆呆乃的图终于rank了
congrats :)
Equivalent_old
Congratulation <3 Gimme my damn kudos :(
eveless
Congrats~
Arusha Shuna
Misawa Aki <3
spboxer3
恭喜 :)
---------------------------------------------------