forum

how do i get good

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WeeabooLoser
question in title and extra info below

im complete garbage at this game and im wondering if you just get better over time or do you need to practice things.

i've only played for around 15 hours
Sandy Hoey
You've only played 15 hours! And your asking why you aren't good yet?

Here's a hint play more
Topic Starter
WeeabooLoser

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You've only played 15 hours! And your asking why you aren't good yet?

Here's a hint play more
no, i know im complete garbage im just asking how to improve.

im asking if there's a certain way to improve, or you just get better as you play. since i see alot of terms and i see some people on the forums discussing how doing certain things will hinder or improve your skills.

i just want to know if im doing something the wrong or right way, or if it even matters at a skill level as low as mine.
DeathHydra
No need to worry about getting good when you are still a beginner, really. At least that's what I did during my first 2 months.
Banbeucmas
Its pretty normal
I just only played for a month but trust me, this game taught me: Parctice! Practice more! Practive forever
P.S: And: Don't forget, you are here forever XD
Runiel
Don't press 'Retry'. You shall never do that (Unless you really care about accuracy)
Either than that, you'll get better eventually without you even knowing it.
So essentially, play more.
TheLonePiggy

Banbeucmas wrote:

And: Don't forget, you are here forever XD
u cant say that untill u have 20k plays in 9 months and play this game sacrificing friends and relationships and other games because we all know this is best :(
Hiro-Senpai

RunielVermell wrote:

Don't press 'Retry'. You shall never do that (Unless you really care about accuracy)
Well i wouldn't say that retrying is bad. And your statement about retrying is wrong
There is a difference between: when u shitmiss on a map that you have read correctly and know how to play
and when you couldn't read the map bcuz it was too hard

It is never bad to retry couple of times when u feel that u can fc.
How do you thnk the pro players get their scores. Definetly not by trying once and after a fail going to other map and crying
They give it a try couple of times if they feel that they can do it
OppaiSuki
welp , all u gotta do is git gud...
like just try to pass everything with at least an A
Sayorie
Read the stickies please.
Endaris
This thread was dedicated to you:
t/342548
Endie-
the best way to improve is to play more. Especially at just 15 hours of playtime
Banbeucmas

TheLonePiggy wrote:

Banbeucmas wrote:

And: Don't forget, you are here forever XD
u cant say that untill u have 20k plays in 9 months and play this game sacrificing friends and relationships and other games because we all know this is best :(
I have aquired 1/2 of them since I play rhythm games
Acr0h
play more is the best way. but there are some things you can do to make gameplay easier. personally i use background dim to make it easier to read the map. also try alot of maps even though they are insanly hard for you. example i played 5 star but practiced 7 stars just to try and beat it. my acc was shit and i didnt rank up but skillbased i grew 4 times better than my actual rank. (was 200k back then (2 months ago or so idk) now 47k). try these simple tips and maybe download a simple skin and your gotta improve by playing more after that.
danger
if youre wondering how come you cant play songs and fluently as rafis can well youll have to trade in about 2-4 years of almost daily gameplay to become very good at this game.. Osu has a huge learning curve
Buster
use the z x keys to tap faster that clicking with a mouse
NeXt4r_
PLEASE STOP ASKING THESE QUESTION THIS IS JUST A USELESS POST

LOOK IF YOU WAN'T TO GET GOOD PLAY MORE STOP RETYING MAP IF YOU FAIL

LOOK MORE TIPS AND TRICK

ok im done with this post is just make me annoying
NeXt4r_

faiswusuf wrote:

PLEASE STOP ASKING THESE QUESTION THIS IS JUST A USELESS POST

LOOK IF YOU WAN'T TO GET GOOD PLAY MORE STOP RETYING MAP IF YOU FAIL

LOOK MORE TIPS AND TRICK

ok im done with this post is just make me annoying
what i mean by "FAIL" is miss yes that red X saying MISS
-ZackFair-

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

RunielVermell wrote:

Well i wouldn't say that retrying is bad. And your statement about retrying is wrong
There is a difference between: when u shitmiss on a map that you have read correctly and know how to play
and when you couldn't read the map bcuz it was too hard
It is never bad to retry couple of times when u feel that u can fc.
How do you thnk the pro players get their scores. Definetly not by trying once and after a fail going to other map and crying
They give it a try couple of times if they feel that they can do it

We are talking about get good not about get pp, so if we talk about getting good the retry button is poison
NeXt4r_

Lolinator2000 wrote:

use the z x keys to tap faster that clicking with a mouse
that's not how you play the game