forum

Keep Nightcore Mod [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +382
show more
Slam
I approve as well.

Would love an option though to add a foreground image to the main menu. :3

Osu!core was amazing, keep up the great work! :)
LegendarySuperMario
This was such an awesome feature! How could I NOT want it to be a permanent add-on to osu!

Heck, It even made the iCarly theme of all things tolerable... Nuff said.
YukuZetsuji

peppy wrote:

It would be a waste to remove completely so a toggle of some kind will probably be added.
You da man!
TKiller
It could be lovely if we'd be able to change by how much pitch will be increased.

But yeah, this thing makes lots of songs sound awesome or at least funny on DT.
kotsumu
I was about to come on the forums just to request that mod!

I love the squeaky voices of the songs I've been playing! :3
sonda8
I whole-heartedly approve.
RandomJibberish
Making actual nightcore maps redundant sounds like a great idea
DarthMetalWerewolf76

RandomJibberish wrote:

Making actual nightcore maps redundant sounds like a great idea
You got it!
arien666
Although I don't like nightcore mod,
I would give last +2 for this request :3
orz
ShaggoN
Bubbled.....

RhaiizoN
sigh~*
Izzy
Why is everyone saying that osu!core *was* awesome? Like as if you can't just:
1. Change your computer's date back to April 1st
2. Load Osu!
3. Successfully travel back to the past when osu!core was on
4. Next day, repeat steps 1-3
:D
No update = osu!core still in the programming ^^
Takuya
Because in this way people who spect can listen the nightcored gameplay (Or gtfo if they don't like)

Also, I'm not sure if a record replay with nightcored doubletime would be played as it is or with normal doubletime :o
theMikeAG

Dark wrote:

Though, due to the added bass and claps, this mod will arguably make doing double time on softer songs a lot easier unless you make osu!core mode an unranked mod.
I freaking died. Osu!core has successfully eaten my mod request. >:( http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48104&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

This gave me an idea though. How about we split up Osu!core? The high pitched effect could be added to the options menu and the extra beats (aka a metronome) could be added to the easy mods. That way, players could save their double time setting so that they don't have to keep picking it from a list and they use the back-beat outside of Osu!core where ever they feel the desire to! :D

SPOILER
Yeah, I know that I'm doing a little self serving here. Sorry. :( I'm just mad that a feature I've requested is literally in the game and yet it's not going to be properly implemented... :o
OzzyOzrock
Err, ultimately, like mentioned in your thread, it could end up making it harder.
MathiasXII

Haneii wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE >W<
I would have seen it more as a skin switch than as an actual song mod though (like it was on April Fools day) because

1. It's basically double time by default without the pitch maintained to it's original level and an added beat. I wouldn't see the necessity to add it as a separate mod.
  2. Having the song previewed in osu!core mode in song selection actually helped choosing songs that sounded great in nightcore style and experiment.
  3. Players who dislikes nightcore would not be annoyed by it's presence while watching replays vs. if it's an actual mod.
  4. Less programming because it was initially that way? Although I don't really know about that one...
On the other hand, I do see the point as to import it as a mod and to reduce the multiplier a tad bit because of the "metronome"... but I don't think it helps on enough songs to consider it an obstacle. You're playing double time, after all!

So overall, it's more of a "coolness" factor than an actual difficulty modifying option in my opinion, but no matter where the idea ends (as a mod or a skin switch), I approve. I had so much fun that day!
LaceWingfield
i only need an on/off button because i didnt really want this to go all over
it's ROFLing me out!
Approving this!

:D
mm201

MathiasXII wrote:

It's basically double time by default without the pitch maintained to it's original level and an added beat. I wouldn't see the necessity to add it as a separate mod.
NoVideo is a mod and is only cosmetic.

MathiasXII wrote:

Having the song previewed in osu!core mode in song selection actually helped choosing songs that sounded great in nightcore style and experiment.
Part of my plan was to enable nightcore previews when nightcore mod is active.

MathiasXII wrote:

Players who dislikes nightcore would not be annoyed by it's presence while watching replays vs. if it's an actual mod.
I have to disagree with this. Seeing Nightcore replays with Nightcore is part of the awesome. You don't need to watch replays if you don't want. Obviously the player of that replay wanted Nightcore on, so that should be respected. What if it was a Youtube instead of an osu! replay? They couldn't turn it off then.

MathiasXII wrote:

Less programming because it was initially that way? Although I don't really know about that one...
Probably no/little difference.
acher13
yeah, I'm on for this.. keep the mod with a toggle button, some might not like it but I'm totally in love with that setting!!
lyh_old
Read my signature... BUT I JUST CAN'T STAND DOING THAT EVERY TIME! So a mod would be OK for me :D(This message was posted via a cellphone, I also want to post one with a cellphone! I admit I'm 2 bored that added this bracket)
lyh_old
(Sorry my cellphone had a 255-char limit)But I also found some bug of osu!core. One is when you switch to a Nightcore song, DoubleTime is still on; another is if you drag the process bar in the title screen with music paused, you still hear the hitsounds!
lyh_old
Almost forgot a rather stupid suggestion... Since there's already a Pippi, then why don't we call the osu!core bunny Poppo? (Yes I've posted this in the wrong off-topic forum yesterday, but that was just testing if I can post with my cellphone...)
ziin
you can edit your posts using the "edit" button if nobody has posted after you.
Mutsui
GO!
gat1toneku
of course i support this
RinMiku14
ASDASDASDAF, Support
Mashley

MetalMario201 wrote:

Part of my plan was to enable nightcore previews when nightcore mod is active.
If you're doing that, it'd be nice if you had standard DT and HT play at their respective speeds, too.
Hushu_old
To say, I think this is not a good idea due to the fact that some songs just aren't meant to be nightcored... I like some nightcores, the techno ones which are actualy meant to be in a speedy tempo, but an auto-nightcore mode would make me be in even more pain... And I so hate backing beat, don't know how it got there but I swear there is nothing playing 1/1 all time in every song, and that is not in the handmade nightcore eighter...
This mode would truly be such a music-breaking soda. Please don't do this, I am hurt enough by coming to lobby and seeing everyone play vocaloid, bad apple and some other shit and popular songs with thousands of plays. I believe that osu!, even while being pink, is not a pig, so I beg for a miracle and reconsideration........

I wonder if anyone here cares...

EDIT: Sometime in the future:
A player comes in to play.
He checks every room available.
Everyone is playing Nightcore.
He makes a room and no one comes,
because it is not Nightcore.

How is that fair to people who hate it? And I actually believe this will happen to the most pro-players because most of them only cares about how hard the beatmap is, not about the song itself...
Randy96
You know it'll be a toggle
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost

Hushu wrote:

To say, I think this is not a good idea due to the fact that some songs just aren't meant to be nightcored... I like some nightcores, the techno ones which are actualy meant to be in a speedy tempo, but an auto-nightcore mode would make me be in even more pain... And I so hate backing beat, don't know how it got there but I swear there is nothing playing 1/1 all time in every song, and that is not in the handmade nightcore eighter...
This mode would truly be such a music-breaking soda. Please don't do this, I am hurt enough by coming to lobby and seeing everyone play vocaloid, bad apple and some other shit and popular songs with thousands of plays. I believe that osu!, even while being pink, is not a pig, so I beg for a miracle and reconsideration........

I wonder if anyone here cares...

How is that fair to people who hate it? And I actually believe this will happen to the most pro-players because most of them only cares about how hard the beatmap is, not about the song itself...
Believe it or not, Nightcore mod will not cause the end of the world. If you think it will then by all means call your loved ones and say good-byes, but there are enough people who dislike Nightcore you'll still be able to have enough friends who like playing your type of songs :)
Hushu_old

SapphireGhost wrote:

...you'll still be able to have enough friends who like playing your type of songs :)
...I don't have any friends which like or dislike Nightcore.
AdRon Zh3Ro

Hushu wrote:

First of, nightcore is for ppl that does not like to enjoy songs, but that only want to see lolis everywhere and don't have patience with slow musics.

I've done an extensive research and i can clearly say that, MOST of all nightcored songs completely ruined the orininal song (not that i like the original song anyway, just musicaly speaking), making it faster, and introducing a fucking retarded "Hatsune Miku like" voice.

A clear example: ATC - Around the World (which i was mapping). The first time i've saw the nightcored version, i thought "well, the original must suck aswell". But then, i've searched the original and saw that, the rythm and the singers, were actualy really good. Since then, i searched all nightcore remixes with praticly the same result. So in the end, nightcore is just crappy eletronic music (when you buy a very good sub-woofer, you can clearly see that).

I would like to add this too: this "mod" was a godamn APRIL FOOLS, YOU FOOLS! STOP CRYING ABOUT IT AND ACCEPT IT.
deadbeat
umm...a lot of people like nightcore, if u don't wanna use the nightcore mod, don't use it. that simply.
stop complaining like a little bitch about everything

AdRon Zh3Ro wrote:

First of, nightcore is for ppl that does not like to enjoy songs, but that only want to see lolis everywhere and don't have patience with slow musics.
no..i like nightcore and have patience for slow music. can u please explain this research u did
Galkan
I don't like Nightcore, either, but hey - this mod was goddamn hilarious! If it was Special mod (so unrankable), then it'd be really cool to see that as I (at least I) would like to have some fun in crazy and not so typical way. I know Nightcore can't be enjoyable in large parts for long time but listening to 3 LOL-sounding songs sometimes is a funny break from regular game. I don't see why some guys do serious bitching about that if they won't use it at all?

Rule's simple for that: If you don't like something - make fun of it or don't use it. This won't cause any damage anyway ;)
Suzoku
>< nightecore is so awesome with instrumentals :DDD
mm201

AdRon Zh3Ro wrote:

I would like to add this too: this "mod" was a godamn APRIL FOOLS, YOU FOOLS! STOP CRYING ABOUT IT AND ACCEPT IT.
You realize it is going in, right?
Jarby
Okay, there was a lot wrong with that post, but...

AdRon Zh3Ro wrote:

So in the end, nightcore is just crappy eletronic music (when you buy a very good sub-woofer, you can clearly see that).
Oh man that's funny.
Soaprman
Always Remenber, Nightcore Will Never Die.
TheVileOne
Nightcore is so much win. I mean who doesn't like Rave music.
James2250
Almost feel like locking this thread just because there are so many fail posts here.....

Oh well
show more