forum

Keep Nightcore Mod [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +382
show more
Sushi

adam2046 wrote:

peppy wrote:

It would be a waste to remove completely so a toggle of some kind will probably be added.
Turn storyboards off. Nightcore turns on.
YES
Komeiji Yuki
Support
-BladeX-
please keep this , this is Awesome !! ^^
Kuroneko-sHerald
I would add two "osu!core" features.

One is obviously a mod for play.

The second one is a feature on "Options" that allow to listen songs in "osu!core" way on the main screen of osu! XD
r-Beatz
i approve
Hamuko
Kurai
:/
Mara

adam2046 wrote:

peppy wrote:

It would be a waste to remove completely so a toggle of some kind will probably be added.
Turn storyboards off. Nightcore turns on.
TOTALLY THIS. Damn flowers, lolis and hearts flying everywhere. Totally awesome.

I will supp-

You have 0 vote(s) remaining.

Oh.
Walkman_old
I like the idea of the toggle. I'm fine with double time, it can add a real challenge to maps, but I don't want Double Time all the time. The sped up menu music is slightly annoying too. I'll be happy with the toggle though.
I like the osu!core look though :lol:
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Now that it's gone I want this more than ever ;_;
Daru
If there's going to be a toggle, make it hidden, please.

Like holding down "Alt" when clicking the DoubleTime mod activates it. I feel like a big osu!core button be a bit out of place.
awp
An easter egg, so to speak
Kitsunemimi

Daru wrote:

Like holding down "Alt" when clicking the DoubleTime mod activates it. I feel like a big osu!core button be a bit out of place.
This ^ please
gh500

Daru wrote:

But why? It is quite a good idea but I might not know that the "Alt" thing won't know. Some new players wouldn't know neither. It is better to have this as an option/mod then a hidden thing.
SPOILER
Where is the "alt" button
mm201
Hold down DoubleTime for 3 seconds, an osu!core button appears? LH where do you think you're going?
Sallad4ever

MetalMario201 wrote:

Hold down DoubleTime for 3 seconds, an osu!core button appears? LH where do you think you're going?
Now that is a very great idea, I like this rather than adding a new button in the mod selection screen
Kitsunemimi
Well whatever makes it hidden, as long as it's not just like sticking out right there or something. That would really like... ruin the fun of it :/
Aoitenshi
THIS.
Slam
I approve as well.

Would love an option though to add a foreground image to the main menu. :3

Osu!core was amazing, keep up the great work! :)
LegendarySuperMario
This was such an awesome feature! How could I NOT want it to be a permanent add-on to osu!

Heck, It even made the iCarly theme of all things tolerable... Nuff said.
YukuZetsuji

peppy wrote:

You da man!
TKiller
It could be lovely if we'd be able to change by how much pitch will be increased.

But yeah, this thing makes lots of songs sound awesome or at least funny on DT.
kotsumu
I was about to come on the forums just to request that mod!

I love the squeaky voices of the songs I've been playing! :3
sonda8
I whole-heartedly approve.
RandomJibberish
Making actual nightcore maps redundant sounds like a great idea
DarthMetalWerewolf76

RandomJibberish wrote:

Making actual nightcore maps redundant sounds like a great idea
You got it!
arien666
Although I don't like nightcore mod,
I would give last +2 for this request :3
orz
ShaggoN
Bubbled.....

RhaiizoN
sigh~*
Izzy
Why is everyone saying that osu!core *was* awesome? Like as if you can't just:
1. Change your computer's date back to April 1st
2. Load Osu!
3. Successfully travel back to the past when osu!core was on
4. Next day, repeat steps 1-3
:D
No update = osu!core still in the programming ^^
Takuya
Because in this way people who spect can listen the nightcored gameplay (Or gtfo if they don't like)

Also, I'm not sure if a record replay with nightcored doubletime would be played as it is or with normal doubletime :o
theMikeAG

Dark wrote:

Though, due to the added bass and claps, this mod will arguably make doing double time on softer songs a lot easier unless you make osu!core mode an unranked mod.
I freaking died. Osu!core has successfully eaten my mod request. >:( http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48104&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

This gave me an idea though. How about we split up Osu!core? The high pitched effect could be added to the options menu and the extra beats (aka a metronome) could be added to the easy mods. That way, players could save their double time setting so that they don't have to keep picking it from a list and they use the back-beat outside of Osu!core where ever they feel the desire to! :D

SPOILER
Yeah, I know that I'm doing a little self serving here. Sorry. :( I'm just mad that a feature I've requested is literally in the game and yet it's not going to be properly implemented... :o
OzzyOzrock
Err, ultimately, like mentioned in your thread, it could end up making it harder.
MathiasXII

Haneii wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE >W<
I would have seen it more as a skin switch than as an actual song mod though (like it was on April Fools day) because

1. It's basically double time by default without the pitch maintained to it's original level and an added beat. I wouldn't see the necessity to add it as a separate mod.
  2. Having the song previewed in osu!core mode in song selection actually helped choosing songs that sounded great in nightcore style and experiment.
  3. Players who dislikes nightcore would not be annoyed by it's presence while watching replays vs. if it's an actual mod.
  4. Less programming because it was initially that way? Although I don't really know about that one...
On the other hand, I do see the point as to import it as a mod and to reduce the multiplier a tad bit because of the "metronome"... but I don't think it helps on enough songs to consider it an obstacle. You're playing double time, after all!

So overall, it's more of a "coolness" factor than an actual difficulty modifying option in my opinion, but no matter where the idea ends (as a mod or a skin switch), I approve. I had so much fun that day!
LaceWingfield
i only need an on/off button because i didnt really want this to go all over
it's ROFLing me out!
Approving this!

:D
mm201

MathiasXII wrote:

It's basically double time by default without the pitch maintained to it's original level and an added beat. I wouldn't see the necessity to add it as a separate mod.
NoVideo is a mod and is only cosmetic.

MathiasXII wrote:

Having the song previewed in osu!core mode in song selection actually helped choosing songs that sounded great in nightcore style and experiment.
Part of my plan was to enable nightcore previews when nightcore mod is active.

MathiasXII wrote:

Players who dislikes nightcore would not be annoyed by it's presence while watching replays vs. if it's an actual mod.
I have to disagree with this. Seeing Nightcore replays with Nightcore is part of the awesome. You don't need to watch replays if you don't want. Obviously the player of that replay wanted Nightcore on, so that should be respected. What if it was a Youtube instead of an osu! replay? They couldn't turn it off then.

MathiasXII wrote:

Less programming because it was initially that way? Although I don't really know about that one...
Probably no/little difference.
acher13
yeah, I'm on for this.. keep the mod with a toggle button, some might not like it but I'm totally in love with that setting!!
lyh_old
Read my signature... BUT I JUST CAN'T STAND DOING THAT EVERY TIME! So a mod would be OK for me :D(This message was posted via a cellphone, I also want to post one with a cellphone! I admit I'm 2 bored that added this bracket)
lyh_old
(Sorry my cellphone had a 255-char limit)But I also found some bug of osu!core. One is when you switch to a Nightcore song, DoubleTime is still on; another is if you drag the process bar in the title screen with music paused, you still hear the hitsounds!
lyh_old
Almost forgot a rather stupid suggestion... Since there's already a Pippi, then why don't we call the osu!core bunny Poppo? (Yes I've posted this in the wrong off-topic forum yesterday, but that was just testing if I can post with my cellphone...)
show more