forum

Help with tablet aim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asop
Aim has always been my weakest aspect of play, and I haven't seen much improvement at all for a long while. I think my sensitivity might be a little bit too high. I measured the distance from one side of the screen to the other in osu and it is 2 in or 5.08 cm of pen movement. Is that too high a sensitivity? I also see that most tablet players hold their pens higher up the length of the pen than I do; I hold the pen pretty much right at the tip. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Railey2
if you do hold the pen right at the tip, a small tablet area is probably the right choice for you. You'd struggle a lot with a bigger one, especially when the jumps get harder.

Often people don't actually only have troubles with aim. Sometimes they miss because their rhythm is off and they tap too late/early, when their cursor is already moving away from the circle or hasn't even reached it yet. Especially at lower levels of play, deficits in tapping are often confused/conflated with deficits in aim. Remember that the two almost always come together. Maybe focusing on your tapping hand could help you out more than you'd expect.

Generally, I do not recommend small tablet areas to newer players. The thing with small areas is that your pengrip has to be very stable, as even slight shaking can throw you off completely. This stability is only acquired through years of playing, and most new players struggle with it immensely (basically shitmisses everywhere). Although your pengrip might actually be ideal for your small tablet area though, so maybe that works out for you.

Larger tablet areas also have their cons. A large area doesn't make your play as susceptible to light shaking, but playing can become very uncomfortable when the jumps get too big. Especially when you hold the pen further down, a large tablet area will give you hell. You'd basically be required to change your grip completely to be more mobile, which is very tedious.

Personally, I'd say stick with what you got. From looking at your profile I can see that you're making decent progress.Your grip almost prohibits playing with a larger area, so unless you are willing to change everything about your playstyle, don't go for a (much) larger area. Small changes upwards can be made to counteract a lack of aim-stability, small changes downwards can be applied when aiming becomes uncomfortable.

Don't worry about getting stuck for a while. Theres a significant wall around 2,5k but you'll get past it eventually. Good luck
Topic Starter
Asop

Railey2 wrote:

if you do hold the pen right at the tip, a small tablet area is probably the right choice for you. You'd struggle a lot with a bigger one, especially when the jumps get harder.

Often people don't actually only have troubles with aim. Sometimes they miss because their rhythm is off and they tap too late/early, when their cursor is already moving away from the circle or hasn't even reached it yet. Especially at lower levels of play, deficits in tapping are often confused/conflated with deficits in aim. Remember that the two almost always come together. Maybe focusing on your tapping hand could help you out more than you'd expect.

Generally, I do not recommend small tablet areas to newer players. The thing with small areas is that your pengrip has to be very stable, as even slight shaking can throw you off completely. This stability is only acquired through years of playing, and most new players struggle with it immensely (basically shitmisses everywhere). Although your pengrip might actually be ideal for your small tablet area though, so maybe that works out for you.

Larger tablet areas also have their cons. A large area doesn't make your play as susceptible to light shaking, but playing can become very uncomfortable when the jumps get too big. Especially when you hold the pen further down, a large tablet area will give you hell. You'd basically be required to change your grip completely to be more mobile, which is very tedious.

Personally, I'd say stick with what you got. From looking at your profile I can see that you're making decent progress.Your grip almost prohibits playing with a larger area, so unless you are willing to change everything about your playstyle, don't go for a (much) larger area. Small changes upwards can be made to counteract a lack of aim-stability, small changes downwards can be applied when aiming becomes uncomfortable.

Don't worry about getting stuck for a while. Theres a significant wall around 2,5k but you'll get past it eventually. Good luck
Thanks for the detailed response. I love you.
Railey2
yui is best girl <3
Topic Starter
Asop

Railey2 wrote:

yui is best girl <3
What size of a play area do you think is about average for most tablet players? Also, what size do you use?
Railey2

I use this.

tablet areas are pretty spread out for most top players, they have everything from tiny to full area, so.. I'm basically in the middle, bit on the tinier side I guess.
RetardFaced
cyka blyat
Juuuuuuuuul
dig deeper please