1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
deleted by request of Sonnyc
카리아님 화이팅
posted
well, i did read that, however me and others are still concerned about the entire thing
and since it got attention of qat, i can assume that there is something wrong with this map
posted
i don't recommend you to use 1/4 sliders together with vocal "hai!"
just overmapped
posted
GL Karia, I hope you can get this qualified again!
posted

hi-mei wrote:

well, i did read that, however me and others are still concerned about the entire thing
and since it got attention of qat, i can assume that there is something wrong with this map
Not really. It got dq'd because you guys thought it would be a great idea to wait until it's about to get ranked so they literally had to dq it for discussion.

Funnily enough, all the "issues" pointed out in the dq mods are subjective or don't have a real reasoning, but welp. The only thing that bothers me personally are the visuals but that's it.
posted
Dear hi-mei, I've been reviewing your mod post and I think you could be taking advantage by the looking at some of the code of conduct for modding and mapping.
[quote="Code of Conduct: Modding and Mapping":1337]
  1. The goal of modding is to help a mapper improve their work so that it can be pushed towards Ranked status if the mapper chooses to do so. If you're not interested in helping people, steer clear of the discussion to avoid hurting them.
  2. Treat others as you wish to be treated. People are more receptive to kind, helpful suggestions than hostile ones. Try to understand others’ point-of-view rather than attack it - nobody likes to feel worthless, incompetent or stupid. If you are a masochist, assume that all others are not.
  3. Before modding, ensure your intentions are good and you are focused on the task at hand. No-one likes to receive a rude or lazy mod.
  4. Unless the concept behind a beatmap is fundamentally flawed from the start, modding should aim to improve the map in its current design - not force your own style upon it. If you truly believe the map has too many significant issues to address individually, try to give a general statement of why this is the case and what direction you think the map should go in to get back on track.

hi-mei wrote:

basically its just all wrong and weird.
So first of all, "you" may "feel" things to be not right or weird, but that doesn't mean the mapper's opinion is just completely wrong. Everyone has their own opinions, and just calling others to be wrong because it is different with yours didn't really seem to be respecting the mapper's idea. And you know, this way, it's either hard for your opinion to gain respect.

hi-mei wrote:

not to mention that ure basically copied entire pattern 00:09:305 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - here and flipped it horizontally, which isnt contributing to the overall quality.

hi-mei wrote:

00:12:193 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - it is a bad attempt to add a variety in structure, that youre used twice (copy-paste ^ that i mentioned above), I dont see any structure, or any logical object placement there, its just flow and thats it.

hi-mei wrote:

and also its just sad to see that youre copying everything over and over, just zero improvisation.
Seeming from these sentence, it looks like you are considering repeated patterns based on copying objects to be bad. It could be. But from whose perspective were you talking about? Were patterns being copied where they weren't meant to be according to the beatmap's "current design", or was it according to "your personal style" that beatmaps with a lot of variety are high in quality?

hi-mei wrote:

moreover, usually kicksliders are used to cover the mediocre sound on slider end in triplets, but in this sound measure you dont have it.
Continuous from the comment before, this kind of sentence made me feel you were making mods based on your "personal style" in prior to the beatmap's "current design". I'm not really sure what you were meaning when you say the word "usually", but at least it didn't felt to be refering to the usual usage of 1/4 kicksliders in "this" map. The "usual" usage of 1/4 kick sliders in "this" map (talking about the highest diff) was appearing at the HAI sounds of the vocal and the only exception was at 01:03:851 (1,2,3) with a slightly different rhythm composition. Maybe it was your opinion that such concept to be fundamentally flawed from the beginning that made you raise this point out. However without showing that you have truely understood or attempted to understand the intention of the mapper, the points feel less persuasive than you may think.

You'll know just telling the map to be bluntly "wrong" is something highly disrespectful to say to a mapper.

Whether intended or not, the languages you were using felt to be quite offensive towards the mapper which made me confused if you were really attempting to provide a help on this mapset or was just attacking. I think you should be considering about your language selection much more seriously when making future mod posts...... It's the one that even goes before the actual contents of your mod post.

And of course, I'm not implying the contents of the mod itself to be worthless or something so I hope you don't get me wrong.



Besides that, I hope Karia could be investing some time to apply these mods since I see some points that are good enough to be addressed. Maybe I'll be checking this myself once again later on.
posted
it is actually weird to see you here, since you announced your departure to the military

however, if you did read my post, you could noticed that i was doing that not to make a drama, or start a discus or something (you can also see other mods there, also with valid points in them)
i did that just to make sure that my concerns in regards of ranking standards are up to date, and more over, few bns/prominent mappers told me that this map needs a lot of work, and its a shame that you, Sonnyc, bubbled it.
Moreover, you did not even check hitsounding issues, which were obvious enough to check I suppose?

Nonetheless,

Sonnyc wrote:

So first of all, "you" may "feel" things to be not right or weird, but that doesn't mean the mapper's opinion is just completely wrong. Everyone has their own opinions, and just calling others to be wrong because it is different with yours didn't really seem to be respecting the mapper's idea. And you know, this way, it's either hard for your opinion to gain respect.
Yes, every mod is a subjective thing, and each time you mod, you express you own vision on stuff, which can be flawed/influenced by someone.

at the end of the day, thats how modding works I assume.


also, by making that response to my mod, you already confirmed that Karia isnt just a random mapper to you, but a friend at least, which explains your indulgence to this map.

Corruption?
posted
He's just telling you to be less of an arrogant piece of shit who thinks he knows a hell of a lot more than he actually does.


It's nice that you care about this game enough to get so heated over it, but seriously. Fucking chill.
posted
This drama again? Soon a GMT will be here I bet. Is not that hard to behave and be polite when voicing your opinions.
posted
posted
OMG CUTE KITTY
posted
i love osu ppl, theyre cute. but im not


IdontUnderstandItBcusJustWithAlphabetWordsThatIknow
posted
Let's calm down.
Anyway it DQed, mapper can fix what he want and keep what he don't want and go for reQF.

If map really needs rework, then prominent mappers and BNs that you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally like will appear and say sth.
I wanna say sth about this QAT, buy anyway yea why we're delaying this cool map with useless dramas?

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6051199 personally about this stuff, wanna say 'don't lose discussion's point'. we're talking about this map's quality itself right? then you shouldn't complain about sonnyc's military, friend each other, didn't checked HS blabla....your attitude looks quite dirty.
posted

Arrival wrote:

ooooo kawaii neko-desu
posted
calm down guys
and shiirn, you really should know how to pay respect to someone rather than swearing
posted
Profanity is a highly effective tool at enhancing the intent of language and showing personality, as well as a means of providing a more "down-to-earth" image, to show that you're just as much a human being as the target.

Profanity has its place. A blanket refusal to accept its existence is pathetic.

posted
Be nice, guys.

There is no necessity to offend others, to talk about someone's personal circumstances. Modding is for discussing what needs to make a map much better with mapper, is not for fighting other modders. even if you do it continuously, nothing will solve and nothing will be better.

Let's calm down and await mapper's response.
posted
Okay himei, now I see your intentions much clearly. Actually, it is something good to leave feedbacks on things that you believe that could be further improved, because it's solely the community's responsibility to assure beatmap quality! ;) I never intend to discourage you from taking this kind of actions. Just I wanted to advice that you could be more friendly when selecting your words because everyone who appreciates your mod post do have feelings afterall :3 Hope my intention was delivered properly.

Regaridng the actual map, I'll be mentioning stuffs that I agree with the mods that fixing would benefit a lot.
Black and White.
  1. Seveal player based feedbacks are demanding to change the hitsound settings. While it is not technically problematic because we define hs usages based on default settings, a lot of players actually turn off the custom hitsound settings and use one from their own. As the map is now dq'ed, you can take advantage of this opportunity for all playerbase to enjoy this beatmap as intended!
  2. 00:00:963 (5,6) - 00:03:530 (5,6) - 00:01:926 (3,4) - The pattern choice were pretty similar itself, but the flow choice quite differed. The first two were similar, and the final one differed. And considering the rhythm organization you've done here, giving a similar flow on 1st & 3rd looks to work better. ctrl+G of 00:01:284 (6) would assure consistency and giving a proper difference based on your rhythms.
  3. 00:09:947 (1) - It's really a good point that this strong beat of the song had the weakest emphasis in this set of pattern and was having the same expression with 00:07:380 (1,2) while the song being different.
  4. 00:15:402 (1,2,1,2) - Looks like a lot of modders were complaining about the rhythmic transition towards here. Looks like there were major spacing difference as I can see, so it may work as it is. But I'd like to talk this regarding to 00:10:268 (1,2,1,2). Flows, aesthetic concept, rhythmic concept etc were all the similar with the only difference of the spacing. This felt as a variation between similar patterns, instead of different patterns reflecting the different part of the song. You'll want to give a concept difference to make your intentions work even better.
  5. 00:20:215 (1,2,3) - vs. 00:30:482 (1,2,3) - The pattern construction way too differed, while the song was being similar enough. You'll want to assure some consistency between this since a back'n forth pattern that ends with a 1/1 interval wasn't really common stuff in this map. Rather making both a zigzag with no overlaps, or a back and forth would work better.
  6. 00:25:027 (1) - This was the only 1/4 slider with a red anchor and was really inconsistent.. Shame on myself on missing this.
  7. 00:42:354 (6,7) - vs. 00:43:637 (1,2) - Refering from your response, it seems it was pretty intentional for these to be different while you were aware of the similarity of the song. However since (1,2) are just regular jumps, they didn't really stand out to deliver your intentions properly imo. Also this setting made the stack of (6,7) pretty abrupt.
  8. 00:45:081 (3) - So unlike the previous consecutive jumps which was supported by the drums inside the music, that instrument disappeared here so you'll want to make the spacings in a different way to reflect that change.
  9. Regarding the HAI HAI 1/4 kick concepted patterns, hope you can be giving more consistency when music difference wasn't so major based on the community feedbacks. Some were parallel, some were rotating, some were switching flows, and it looks like people were feeling the existence of "why" behind each decisions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone to make a better place in osu!. I've also got a better understanding about this map. (hopefully)
posted
we're just got some hitsounds problem, but why are we so sensitive? the mapset is really cool
posted
btw @himei, offending the map creator in an obvious way and then telling that the mapper shouldnt be offended of your mod afterwards doesnt work. you already did that to me and im not even surprised to see you here doing the same.

i love the map, hope you can make your way to re-qualify. i like the way you mapped highest diff
show more
Please sign in to reply.