forum

Corresponding Names Related to your Rank or pp

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +25
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm
I would like to request a corresponding "rank name" (i don't really know what you call this one) other than our rank we see in numbers.

Example: (just to get my idea, though I don't have that talent in giving names for corresponding ranks)
If I have gathered more than 10000pp (it could also be based on the highest pp earned, 5 highest pp earned, or 10 highest pp earned to be fair with those who doesn't play to much) (let's say in osu!mania) then my rank would be like "osu!mania Master", "osu!mania Challenger", or something more unique like "osu!mania Royal" (not imitating in other game is better, though i just imitated two of those examples)

Of course there should be also for beginners (like "osu!mania starter") and for other modes too.

It would be better if we can choose to show this "rank names" along with our username than showing our default rank in numbers to other players in multiplayer

Since it looks to long, it can also be shortened like "o!m Royal"

For me, a rank is more decent to see in this way. But I don't mean neglecting our default rank form.

I hope you all get my idea.

I believe that through this, more players will be encouraged to aim higher

(I will update this post as soon as I gathered all my ideas)
Sandy Hoey
Similar ideas have been requested before. Here are a couple that are similar. You can read through them and see if any fit what you want

t/336955?hilit=tiers
search.php?fid[]=4
t/115405
p/738435
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Similar ideas have been requested before. Here are a couple that are similar. You can read through them and see if any fit what you want

t/336955?hilit=tiers
search.php?fid[]=4
t/115405
p/738435
Thank you for that reply

But I am sorry because my idea is different from all those links you've given me, though they have little similarities.
I am suggesting here more unique and pleasant rank names which could help entertaining the players to be implemented in osu! NOT IN MULTIPLAYER ONLY and SHOULD NOT IN FAVOR OF EXPERT PLAYERS
In my opinion, terms like this should not be too competive because we already have our "rank in numbers" for that when players want to compare theirselves to others.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MOST OF THE PLAYERS IN osu! JOINED BECAUSE IT IS MORE COMMUNITY FRIENDLY THAN SOME GAMES THEY PLAYED AND THEY PLAY MORE FOR FUN ( I think everyone knows that )

AND THERE ARE ALSO SOME PLAYERS WHO HAD GREATLY REDUCED THE TIME FOR PLAYING OTHER GAMES TO FOCUS ON PLAYING OSU

My point is, improving the competitiveness of osu is not bad at all but we need to help maintain the fairness and friendliness of this game to all players

I hope you all understand.
Rea

Frozen_Rhythm wrote:

Thank you for that reply

But I am sorry because my idea is different from all those links you've given me, though they have little similarities.
I am suggesting here more unique and pleasant rank names which could help entertaining the players to be implemented in osu! NOT IN MULTIPLAYER ONLY and SHOULD NOT IN FAVOR OF EXPERT PLAYERS
In my opinion, terms like this should not be too competive because we already have our "rank in numbers" for that when players want to compare theirselves to others.
So a title with perhaps a symbol too that ranges between certain ranks? So you can "promote" and "demote" giving it more drive to push harder? I like the idea, I think as the ranks come closer to number 1 the titles should change in more rapid intervals though, as it becomes gradually harder to rank up too.
lazygirl
Like the idea, but it'd make sense to have it in like top percentage of players, like top 0.1% gets a rank, top 1%, top 5% etc. making it less discouraging for newer players.

Take my vote
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm

Rea wrote:

Frozen_Rhythm wrote:

Thank you for that reply

So a title with perhaps a symbol too that ranges between certain ranks? So you can "promote" and "demote" giving it more drive to push harder? I like the idea, I think as the ranks come closer to number 1 the titles should change in more rapid intervals though, as it becomes gradually harder to rank up too.

Thank you for voting!
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm

lazyboy007 wrote:

Like the idea, but it'd make sense to have it in like top percentage of players, like top 0.1% gets a rank, top 1%, top 5% etc. making it less discouraging for newer players.

Take my vote

Thank you for voting!
Endaris
Please avoid multiple posts in a row. You can always add more quotes to your post by scrolling down in the post-creation window and clicking additional quote-buttons of posts there.
You should also avoid writing in CAPS if you don't want people to think that you're a mindlessly screaming baby.

Personally I don't think this idea is good. It replaces an accurate measurement of rank with an arbitrary measurement that will - more than the accurate measurement - give players the feeling that they're not moving on. It also works as a tool of disinformation in multiplayer if you only see a title instead of the rank even though the skill difference between rank 10322 and 18799 will in most cases be noticeable.
It adds nothing of actual value to the game: There is no positive difference in saying that I am an "osu!std veteran" (which means that I'm in the interval from 15-20k) opposed to just saying that I'm 18k.

tl;dr: Call a spade a spade.
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm

Endaris wrote:

Please avoid multiple posts in a row. You can always add more quotes to your post by scrolling down in the post-creation window and clicking additional quote-buttons of posts there.
You should also avoid writing in CAPS if you don't want people to think that you're a mindlessly screaming baby.

Personally I don't think this idea is good. It replaces an accurate measurement of rank with an arbitrary measurement that will - more than the accurate measurement - give players the feeling that they're not moving on. It also works as a tool of disinformation in multiplayer if you only see a title instead of the rank even though the skill difference between rank 10322 and 18799 will in most cases be noticeable.
It adds nothing of actual value to the game: There is no positive difference in saying that I am an "osu!std veteran" (which means that I'm in the interval from 15-20k) opposed to just saying that I'm 18k.

tl;dr: Call a spade a spade.
Thank you Endaris.
DeletedUser_500696
I like this idea, in addition to yours maybe call it a 'title' system where you are free to pick one of the titles you've earned to show on your profile under your username. Like a dynamic badge. Your available titles to choose from includes the rank related titles as well as some titles related to unlocking achievements perhaps. For instance, if you unlock the achievement "s-ranker" then you can choose to have that title show under your ign.
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm
Thank you - Kurisu-
Remyria

-Kurisu- wrote:

I like this idea, in addition to yours maybe call it a 'title' system where you are free to pick one of the titles you've earned to show on your profile under your username. Like a dynamic badge. Your available titles to choose from includes the rank related titles as well as some titles related to unlocking achievements perhaps. For instance, if you unlock the achievement "s-ranker" then you can choose to have that title show under your ign.
THAT would be awesome, being able to put your favourite medal on top of your profile :o
Topic Starter
Frozen_Rhythm
yeah, It would be better to have such medals as icons.
unko
EW no stop trying to push lol poop onto osu