forum

[Archived] Can't import beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
silverkid12
For some reason unknown to me, i can't import any beatmaps. I've tried many different ones like No Logic by Megurine Luka, Period by Chemistry, and a couple others, but I keep getting the same message in the bottom right corner:
Unable to import beatmap (insert beatmap name here), attempting to move to failed folder.

plz help me! D: i also attached a picture of what my osu! screen looks like.

peppy
Do they get moved to your failed folder? As of the next version, there will be debug output in debug-import.txt in your osu! folder after a failure. Please include the contents of this after the next build is available and I will investigate further.
Topic Starter
silverkid12
um...i have absolutely no idea whether it made it or not...how do you access the failed folder?
Luna

silverkid12 wrote:

um...i have absolutely no idea whether it made it or not...how do you access the failed folder?
It should be in the Songs folder.
If there is no Failed folder, they didn't get moved there.
Topic Starter
silverkid12

_Void_ wrote:

silverkid12 wrote:

It should be in the Songs folder.
If there is no Failed folder, they didn't get moved there.
forgive me for my ignorance, but where is the Songs folder? i haven't seen any Songs folder...is it another folder that comes with downloading osu! ? because i haven't seen it...or in the window for that matter.... (>_>)
Luna
Open your osu! folder (C:Program Filesosu! or something like that).
The Songs folder is in there
Topic Starter
silverkid12
ok, they do get moved to the failed folder, i can see that. but i don't understand how this will help...
Echo
In the folder where you see the Songs folder, do you see a file called "debug-import.txt"? Open it and make a post with the contents of the file.

If you don't see the file, make an import fail before trying to look for it again.
Topic Starter
silverkid12
#x.#R: Cannot find central directory
at #x.#xb.#Pn()
at #x.#xb..ctor(String )
at #x.#Pc.#Wr(String , String , #Qc , #Rc , String , String , Boolean )
at #ge.#ii.#ZX()

thats what it says in that txt file.
Randy96
Topic Starter
silverkid12
alright, i understand, but how would i know which is the corrupted file?