1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Well laziness is not a good excuse.

I don't know if this is gonna give you problems, so... good luck.
posted
[Easy]
fine with me

[Normal]
Generally I wouldn't use so many whistles. In some places they sound really good:
00:17:734 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4)
00:48:780 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5)
...and in some places they sound off:
00:43:548 (3,4,5,6)
00:56:106 (5,6,1,2,3,4)
Thats just personal preference though.
01:25:931 (2) - move back 1/2 (white tick) and add 2 repeats to better match the song (I know it tries to follow the faint background lyrics but it plays weird imo); have to adjust surrounding spacings afterwards

[Hard]
Rare to see a "Hard" without any 1/4 spamming or trollolo-jumps these days ;) Plays a bit weird because of some "strange" hitsounds but overall this is pretty good imo. Reminds me of the 2008 maps (in a very good way!)


~star
posted

Astom wrote:

Well laziness is not a good excuse.

I don't know if this is gonna give you problems, so... good luck.
It's not only laziness. I don't see a real problem here.

p3n wrote:

[Easy]
fine with me

[Normal]
Generally I wouldn't use so many whistles. In some places they sound really good:
00:17:734 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4)
00:48:780 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5)
...and in some places they sound off:
00:43:548 (3,4,5,6)
00:56:106 (5,6,1,2,3,4)
Thats just personal preference though.
01:25:931 (2) - move back 1/2 (white tick) and add 2 repeats to better match the song (I know it tries to follow the faint background lyrics but it plays weird imo); have to adjust surrounding spacings afterwards fixed in a bit another way

[Hard]
Rare to see a "Hard" without any 1/4 spamming or trollolo-jumps these days ;) Plays a bit weird because of some "strange" hitsounds but overall this is pretty good imo. Reminds me of the 2008 maps (in a very good way!)

~star thanks! I keep in mind your hitsound suggestions.
posted
Hard

00:14:769 (6) - idk if you want to deal with this or not, but this note should start 1/2 tick earlier. It reads perfectly as it stands now, and it does not sound bad either, so you don't have to change (but imo, i still like it better if the slider started 1/2 tick earlier)
00:25:932 (5) - move 1/2 tick earlier? if you apply this change, you may consider adding a note at 00:26:28 as well.
00:26:455 (1,2,3,4,5) - you may consider following the that instrument in the background (whatever that is idk...) and use the red ticks.
00:33:606 (5) - sounds better imo if you end this at 00:34:303. This wavy slider is kinda ugly anyways lol. one side is a lot bigger than the other >_>
00:36:048 (x) - add note?
00:36:396 (x) - ^?
02:22:617 (7) - add whistle to the end of the slider
02:25:408 (7) - ^?
02:26:106 (1) - add whistle
02:30:641 - i would use normal hitsounds till the end of this slider at 02:31:338 (3) - , but that's just me
02:53:838 (5) - add finish at the end of slider?

Normal

00:28:548 (x) - add note with clap
00:30:990 (5) - This pattern (00:28:896 (1,2,3,4,5) - ) just doesn't fit. I know this ruins symmetry, but combo 5 sounds a lot better 1/1 tick later at 00:31:338 (5) -
01:31:338 (4,5,6) - perhaps you could follow vocals a little more, just because you use 1/2 ticks in this beatmap, so if you already do, why not match it to something in the music? :3
02:30:990 (2) - i would use soft hitsound for the beginning of this slider.. (with whistle)

Easy

01:25:408 (1,2,3) - move all of these notes 1/1 tick and add a note at 01:27:152?

Nice map! :3

Edit:

gyt wrote:

I used 86 BPM at first and 2.1 slider velocity. Then I doubled BPM like Ekaru said. viewtopic.php?p=789784#p789784
And I'm too lazy to remap difficulty, because of a nonstandard slider velocity.

Astom wrote:

for any chance did you change it on your .osu file? (manually), I don't know if that is allowed and maybe is going to be considered hack.

idk i just saw this lol. if you press ctrl and click the the SV arrow things in the timing section, it increases/decreases by .01 (same goes for the distance snapping, except it uses shift). If you hold alt+shiftand scroll up or down with ur mouse wheel, you increase/decrease the distance snapping by .01 I actually used this in an Easy guest diff I made)

you can also increase/decrease the offset or bpm that way without actually going into the timing and control point window thing.
posted

winber1 wrote:

Hard

00:14:769 (6) - idk if you want to deal with this or not, but this note should start 1/2 tick earlier. It reads perfectly as it stands now, and it does not sound bad either, so you don't have to change (but imo, i still like it better if the slider started 1/2 tick earlier)
00:25:932 (5) - move 1/2 tick earlier? if you apply this change, you may consider adding a note at 00:26:28 as well.
00:26:455 (1,2,3,4,5) - you may consider following the that instrument in the background (whatever that is idk...) and use the red ticks.
00:33:606 (5) - sounds better imo if you end this at 00:34:303. This wavy slider is kinda ugly anyways lol. one side is a lot bigger than the other >_> well, I see - I map things in really weird way, but no for all^ (also this slider isn't wavy and ugly for me - it's slider art, lol
00:36:048 (x) - add note? bad vocal here (it doesn't fit red tick, I think)
00:36:396 (x) - ^?
02:22:617 (7) - add whistle to the end of the slider
02:25:408 (7) - ^?
02:26:106 (1) - add whistle ok for whistles
02:30:641 - i would use normal hitsounds till the end of this slider at 02:31:338 (3) - , but that's just me I don't fully understand - sounds good for me
02:53:838 (5) - add finish at the end of slider? no, because it doesn't sound cool with next patterns

Normal

00:28:548 (x) - add note with clap ok, but I use whistle
00:30:990 (5) - This pattern (00:28:896 (1,2,3,4,5) - ) just doesn't fit. I know this ruins symmetry, but combo 5 sounds a lot better 1/1 tick later at 00:31:338 (5) - It fits for me, oh :(
01:31:338 (4,5,6) - perhaps you could follow vocals a little more, just because you use 1/2 ticks in this beatmap, so if you already do, why not match it to something in the music? :3 It follow this - 01:28:896 (3,4) and a bit music (not vocal)
02:30:990 (2) - i would use soft hitsound for the beginning of this slider.. (with whistle) nah

Easy

01:25:408 (1,2,3) - move all of these notes 1/1 tick and add a note at 01:27:152? 1/1 tick earlier? but I like how it is now

Nice map! :3

Edit:

gyt wrote:

I used 86 BPM at first and 2.1 slider velocity. Then I doubled BPM like Ekaru said. viewtopic.php?p=789784#p789784
And I'm too lazy to remap difficulty, because of a nonstandard slider velocity.

Astom wrote:

for any chance did you change it on your .osu file? (manually), I don't know if that is allowed and maybe is going to be considered hack.

idk i just saw this lol. if you press ctrl and click the the SV arrow things in the timing section, it increases/decreases by .01 (same goes for the distance snapping, except it uses shift). If you hold alt+shiftand scroll up or down with ur mouse wheel, you increase/decrease the distance snapping by .01 I actually used this in an Easy guest diff I made) thanks for info :)

you can also increase/decrease the offset or bpm that way without actually going into the timing and control point window thing.
posted
Hi there, again.



Official Ranking Submission Rules and Guidelines

Uhm now is a rule, and need be fixed, obviously is unreasonable but go and tell that to them.

PD:Maybe you don't change it, but ask a BAT or MAT about it.
posted

Astom wrote:

Hi there, again.



Official Ranking Submission Rules and Guidelines

Uhm now is a rule, and need be fixed, obviously is unreasonable but go and tell that to them.

PD:Maybe you don't change it, but ask a BAT or MAT about it.
Hi! Like winber1 says:

idk i just saw this lol. if you press ctrl and click the the SV arrow things in the timing section, it increases/decreases by .01 (same goes for the distance snapping, except it uses shift). If you hold alt+shiftand scroll up or down with ur mouse wheel, you increase/decrease the distance snapping by .01 I actually used this in an Easy guest diff I made)

you can also increase/decrease the offset or bpm that way without actually going into the timing and control point window thing.
So I don't need to manually edit .osu file for this.
posted
Wtf... I didn't know that, sry <.<

Oh well then there is not problem on your map, go and rank it :3.
posted
General
Maybe you could decrease the volume slightly when the singer repeats the vocals at 02:11:106 and 02:22:269.
Maybe add the comboburst of the two others?

Easy
00:35:873 (x) - Add a note here instead of the break. The break looks awkward - should be removed.
01:33:780 (x) - Same as above.
02:30:292 (1) - IMO it sounds better if this is normal sampleset. (Just plain hit-normal). Also New Combo this due to a glitch.
02:30:641 (x) - Add note here.
02:51:571 (2) - Maybe not overlap this with the previous slider.
02:58:548 (4) - The repeat on the offbeat sounds awkward.

Normal
00:35:873 (x) - Add a note here instead of the break. The break looks awkward - should be removed.
01:33:780 (x) - Same as above.
02:30:292 (1) - IMO it sounds better if this is normal sampleset. (Just plain hit-normal).

Hard
00:22:443 (6) - Maybe shorten this to 00:23:315 then add a note at 00:23:664.
02:31:338 (3) - IMO make this three notes at 02:31:338, 02:31:513, and 02:31:687.

Nice map overall.

Edit:
Bubbled then. Good luck :)
posted

NoHItter wrote:

General
Maybe you could decrease the volume slightly when the singer repeats the vocals at 02:11:106 and 02:22:269.ok, I used 40% here
Maybe add the comboburst of the two others? well, making these comboburst is so boring, but I try maybe. Their "castanet poses" are nice

Easy
00:35:873 (x) - Add a note here instead of the break. The break looks awkward - should be removed. I put slider here
01:33:780 (x) - Same as above.
02:30:292 (1) - IMO it sounds better if this is normal sampleset. (Just plain hit-normal). Also New Combo this due to a glitch.
02:30:641 (x) - Add note here. well, ok^
02:51:571 (2) - Maybe not overlap this with the previous slider. fixed maybe
02:58:548 (4) - The repeat on the offbeat sounds awkward. but I like it :(

Normal
00:35:873 (x) - Add a note here instead of the break. The break looks awkward - should be removed.
01:33:780 (x) - Same as above. ok, also I changed this section a bit
02:30:292 (1) - IMO it sounds better if this is normal sampleset. (Just plain hit-normal).

Hard
00:22:443 (6) - Maybe shorten this to 00:23:315 then add a note at 00:23:664. well, I like it too. Also it's for consistent with 00:33:606 (5) slider
02:31:338 (3) - IMO make this three notes at 02:31:338, 02:31:513, and 02:31:687. try it, it's nice but don't consistent with next patterns, I think

Nice map overall.thx, now I have 3 star labeled maps. Cool :|
posted
Standard. Guessing it should be moved to another place.
Ranked.
posted
I'm deadly late q_q

sorry gyt, and gratz on ranking this
posted
Wow, thanks! :o
posted
Congrats!
posted
I remember modding this forever ago, why'd it take so long :P Anyways congrats!
Please sign in to reply.