forum

[Archived] "This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't yours!"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hopeful Bagels
Well, I'm trying to upload my new beatmap I created over a couple weeks ago and I finally finished it...but, when I went to upload it, the following message, "This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't yours!" appears and I have no clue on what to do from here. Is there any way to fix this...?

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Xylo-
Okay, so:
1. Make sure your username is in the "Creator" field
2. Close the editor
3. Open .osu file of the difficulty
4. Check if the .osu filename is correct, the format is "artist - songname (creator) [diffname]".
5. Change BeatmapID to 0 and BeatmapSetID to -1.
6. Save changes.
7. Try submitting.

If the problem isn't solved after this, make a second copy of the .osu file and put it elsewhere, and try this:
1. Open the file in the editor.
2. Click "Create a new difficulty".
3. Input the diffname and tags.
4. Try submitting.
Topic Starter
Hopeful Bagels

Xylo- wrote:

Okay, so:
1. Make sure your username is in the "Creator" field
2. Close the editor
3. Open .osu file of the difficulty
4. Check if the .osu filename is correct, the format is "artist - songname (creator) [diffname]".
5. Change BeatmapID to 0 and BeatmapSetID to -1.
6. Save changes.
7. Try submitting.

If the problem isn't solved after this, make a second copy of the .osu file and put it elsewhere, and try this:
1. Open the file in the editor.
2. Click "Create a new difficulty".
3. Input the diffname and tags.
4. Try submitting.
Yeah, about that...it doesn't do a thing...I re-downloaded the music filea dn I am putting the files into that new folder...I'm gonna try that out to see if that works...
Topic Starter
Hopeful Bagels
Yeah...it didn't work. Is there anything else I can do? I really wanna submit my beatmap...
Starrodkirby86
If all else fails, I guess it doesn't hurt to export your beatmap as an .osz, and upload it on puush, osu!mp, or mixtape.moe so we can take a look at it and see what's up.
Xylo-
I forgot to mention: the beatmap folder must NOT have numbers at the start.