forum

Perfect stacks,streams and singletappping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dGeist
I'm an alternate tapper and I'm wondering how is it possible for people to stream or hit stacks (especially more than 175 bpm and 4-5* maps) with relative ease when i have trouble getting perfect for any of them. ( I meant getting 100s for every stream and stack. Misses are understandable.)

Also, to singletappers who can stream or jump in these type of maps

example: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/838030&m=0 stream and stack
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/972457&m=0 stream and jump,

how do you use yr tapping hand to stream as fast as an alt tapper?
Xyrus_old_1

dGeist wrote:

I'm an alternate tapper and I'm wondering how is it possible for people to stream or hit stacks (especially more than 175 bpm and 4-5* maps) with relative ease when i have trouble getting perfect for any of them. ( I meant getting 100s for every stream and stack. Misses are understandable.)
I just kept playing until I got the hang of it. In the beginning, I could not get 300s on anything higher than a triple...then one day, I could clear OD8+ stacks reliably.
Topic Starter
dGeist
Well then , I seem to have a long way to go...

Stack map + streams

Would show you the replay but idk how to show it tho as osr file.

Most of the 100s and 50s are from the streams, stacks and jumps after the stack. I seem to stream and stack jump way before the rhythm takes hold in most of my maps and I'm not sure how to slow down or follow the rhythm perfectly whenever I do these.

I'm using a wireless keyboard (Logitech K400 Plus)now as when I'm using my normal keyboard (cm storm octane)I cant seem to be able to stream as fast as my current kb and also my tapping is very loud which makes me mess up in the rhythm.
Snow901
Play stream maps everyday and you'll get there eventually. It's basically about strengthening the muscles in your fingers over time so you can tap faster and with more control, I think...
Xyrus_old_1

dGeist wrote:

Well then , I seem to have a long way to go...
It can take several months...
Sandy Hoey
It isn't really a matter of speed or how fast you can click them, you can work on that pretty easily just playing and strengthening your fingers. The hardest part is getting to a point where you notice that every note in a stream or stack corresponds to something in the sound. Whne you get to that point it will be a lot easier because won't just see a stream and start smashing you keyboard.
Endaris

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It isn't really a matter of speed or how fast you can click them, you can work on that pretty easily just playing and strengthening your fingers.
This is very wrong. It's not easy at all for fullalternating players to strengthen fingers and gain speed. I'd go as far as saying that this is probably the hardest part about it.
I can't really help out on the matter though as I didn't find a way myself yet to do anything that spams longer bursts 165+ reasonably well.

Things that can help a bit are playing very high bpm (260+), noticeably the fast 0108 maps, reiwai terrorism and meikaruza and grinding burstmaps such as https://osu.ppy.sh/b/366958
Sandy Hoey

Endaris wrote:

This is very wrong. It's not easy at all for fullalternating players to strengthen fingers and gain speed. I'd go as far as saying that this is probably the hardest part about it.
I can't really help out on the matter though as I didn't find a way myself yet to do anything that spams longer bursts 165+ reasonably well.
I guess I can't really say because I singletap, so I'll trust that you know better. But why wouldn't his fingers naturally get stronger if he played streaming maps? Or at least maps with lots of fast triples or really anything?
Endaris
Roughly 99.9% of ranked maps don't feature a density that really pushes your fingers on stacks because even singles give your fingers some time to recover.

x xzx x xzx xzx x x xzx
is great for pushing singletappers as you got the strain on the leading finger (fill in z on the empty spots and you have a stream)
but an alternator will play it this way:
x zxz x zxz xzx z x zxz
which offers a lot of recovery time to alternators opposed to something like
xzx zxz xzx zxz xzx zxz
which is actually good enough for training (depending on bpm)
If you're singletapping you will have tons of patterns in many maps that offer comparable training to your fingers such as the continous triplespam without singles inbetween.
=> just playing stuff only brings your speed to a certain point.
Or to freely quote winber from his not-so-dank-meme-days: "alternating players aren't pushing themselves". There's not much physical effort involved, more of a technical. Until it actually gets to long and/or fast streams where you suddenly notice that you never pushed your physical limit.
As I already mentioned above, I can't really handle stuff that is not isolated+short above 165bpm and I dedicated some time into improving my streaming.
The progression through bpm stays painfully obvious:

box of sad scorescreenshots *cries*
142bpm shortstreams(OD7)
145bpm longstream(OD7)
150bpm medium streams (OD7)
154bpm high amount of medium streams with few recovery time (OD7)
160bpm medium streams (OD8) idk why this one feels so easy
165bpm medium streams (OD7.5) definitely my limit atm
170bpm short+medium streams (OD8) my record goes down here
175bpm HP6.5, I can't pass this
180bpm OD9, this is NOT working out
Literally the same with any other streamy stuff like tower of heaven.
The occurence of streams, their length, bpm and frequency are often the deciding factor whether I can look to FC a map or not - more or less regardless of its SR.
I have a kinda high death rate on Super Nuko World Insane for example even though I can achieve relatively neat acc...

Well, back on topic.
I think speed isn't your only problem, accuracy is one too.
I'd recommend you playing maps from this list while trying to get the best accuracy possible:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
StephOsu
can't actually see if OP is overstreaming or understreaming on those situations, so I can't really comment on anything other than play moe