forum

Taiko Editor GUI

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +144
show more
Archangel Tirael

XK2238 wrote:

I think the Taiko bar should be placed somewhere near the center, so that it's right above the black name bar in Taiko-diff backgrounds
and BG, video and SB stay as they are
Same idea, but I think it is possible for action to "previous" circles, you can use a scalable timeline.
Roga-don
If something like this appears in osu! I may com back in the taiko mapping world :)
(the osu! editor in its current state is awful IMO for taiko mapping)
Mithos

MMzz wrote:

what's wrong with the current editor?

Wait, nothing.
hitsounds for don/kat/doubles
unable to preview how the song will look in the editor, must go into testing mode (thus forcing saves for slight changes)
it was made for a different rhythm game
some other stuff
Sakura
Bumping and adding tetsutaro's sugestion for Taiko Editor GUI.
Cristian
I've this in my mind for long time but i tough no one would be interesting on my idea...
This is more fun to map and totally support this idea.
Sander-Don
Since it's bumped, more support.
Makar
Support~
Rey Fullbuster
Support this feature :3
lemm
awoo
Makar
Bumping again to give a more detailed explanation on how this could work (sorry I find tetsutaro's a bit confusing to understand):

Taiko Editor GUI

1. Like osu!mania, the editor for taiko specific difficulties automatically changes when this mode is set.
  2. For difficulty settings, you should only have 2 options: HP drain, and overall difficulty.
    1. Maybe add a cap with a max of 7 due to ranking criteria rules?
    2. CS/AR should not show, since they don't affect difficulty. They will be defaulted to 5.
  3. Slider Velocity is set in the timing tab like always, but perhaps there could be slight modifications if it's possible:
    1. Change "Slider Velocity" string to "Scroll Speed"
    2. The description when hovering over it with the mouse should change to fit this. For example, "The scrolling speed of the notes. 1.4 or 1.6 is recommended."
    3. When changing SV via timing tab or timing setup, adjust drumrolls (sliders) to retain the length (time) automatically.
  4. In the compose tab, a taiko bar will show (much like the one that shows when playing) with grid-lines like the osu!mania editor.
    1. The user will have 4 toggles on the left like it is now: Select, Circle, Drumroll (Slider), and Shaker (spinner).
    2. On the right, there will be 2 toggles: Don/Katsu toggle and "Big" toggle (for big don/kat/drumroll)
    3. On the grid, you can scroll left and right with distance determined by the Beat Snap Divisor (like osu!mania)
    4. On the timeline at the top, it will display like normal, but without the notes (like osu!mania)
    5. Place notes like normal, using the mouse and appropriate toggles
      1. Maybe add a feature to hotkey don or kat placement (ex, press x to place and don and z to place a kat)
      2. Adjust free mapping feature to support big don/kat
    6. Distance snap will not be visible, since it is not used in taiko.
    7. The zoom function will zoom in/out on the notes on the grid and timeline (like osu!mania)
  5. In the editor, the sounds for notes will automatically use the taiko hitsounds for your skin.

Benefits

1. Much more user friendly
  2. Quick and Easy mapping experience
  3. Less prone to mistakes
  4. Makes taiko much easier to read in the editor (useful for modding)
  5. People don't have to learn before hand that adding special hitsounds affects what the note is (goes with user friendly).

I'll edit this in the OP. Feel free to give suggestions/improvements and I'll update accordingly.
Love
Popping in one of my only stars left.
Yusri Khairi
Support! \*O*/
boat
No thanks.
Ayesha Altugle
I have suggestion for this

for the hotkeys : z,v for kat in default hotkey
[google:0c8fd][/google:0c8fd] : x,c for don in default hotkey
Makar

vahn10 wrote:

[google:183af][/google:183af] : x,c for don in default hotkey
hotkeys would be customize-able in options.
Ayesha Altugle

Makar wrote:

vahn10 wrote:

[google:335a4][/google:335a4] : x,c for don in default hotkey
hotkeys would be customize-able in options.
yeah this can be customized, you can even set it as your taiko key bindings while you play
Alex311360
Support, would love to see this get implemented.

Would be much easier than just clicking on the screen and changing sound effects for the circles.
DakeDekaane
Bumpity bump.

How about adding the balloon notes? those work different from shakers and drumrolls :I
Stefan
I'm absolutely satisfied with the current Method. Very simple, very efficient. I am not stubborn about this but it's really not needed.

Mithost wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Wait, nothing.
hitsounds for don/kat/doubles
this problem is solved.
Bara-
I requested this a few hours ago, with the exact same things >.<

There was one other thing I said, which you didn't say, maybe add that to the OP?
Add an add stream button, You select number of notes, and the pattern, and say how many times it will happen again (Just like polygonal circles)
So, you have a stream kdddkdddkdddkddd etc. You can just set it to 4 notes with KDDD, 4 times

I wish I had stars left >.<
Soner Wolf
I gave you all my stars. I hope this gets implemented. Those that keep saying "there's nothing wrong with the current editor" fail to see with the eyes of progress. This isn't anything actually wrong with the current editor, but that doesn't mean you should just give up and say it's perfection when it's clearly not.
Bara-
BUMP
I want this
This'll make taiko mapping more nice
Bara-
Bump
I just came across this searching for an other thread
Time to bring this back up
Steffen

MMzz wrote:

Wait, nothing.
I don't do mapping in taiko (probably never will) but I wanna say that the editor mode for other modes (than STD) are kinda "undeveloped" or have some things missing. It doesn't have to be anything wrong with the editor, but there shall be room for improvement though :)
Bara-

baraatje123 wrote:

BUMP
I want this
This'll make taiko mapping more nice
I'm bumping this everytime xD
Myxo
BUMP with an idea:

What about having the ability to view multiple difficulties (K/F/M/O) at once? Similar to this video:

This would help SO MUCH to create a professional difficulty spread. Because difficulty spread and structure between the difficulties is strict for ranking Taiko maps.

I know this would be difficult to create and will not happen soon (I will have to fix my taiko spread manually while switching between the diffs...), but I'm dreaming ;-;
Rilene
Yes, please.

Desperate-kun wrote:

BUMP with an idea:

What about having the ability to view multiple difficulties (K/F/M/O) at once? Similar to this video:

This would help SO MUCH to create a professional difficulty spread. Because difficulty spread and structure between the difficulties is strict for ranking Taiko maps.

I know this would be difficult to create and will not happen soon (I will have to fix my taiko spread manually while switching between the diffs...), but I'm dreaming ;-;
And yes, please.
crystalsuicune
Oh god yes.

Also tweak the live-mapping tool,it lags enough to make mapping impossible
(you can put down the basic rhythm with live-mapping I suppose,but beyond that you'll have to put in your notes manually)