forum

[resolved] Cursor lag or glitches

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Problem Details:
My cursor is experiencing lagging or glitching of some sort. This happens when i spin circles or do jumps. I've tried to restart osu many times and even let mt pc rest for several hours plss help i'm going crazy ;-;
If anyones experienced the same problem pls help ;-;
ANY ADVICES AND THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED!!
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I'm sorry for the quality but is is alli got :'c
It's easier to show you what i mean so here

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Topic Starter
Domo3311
I forgot i describe the problem haha sorry
Basically when i move across the screen pretty quickly theres this imaginary line that my cursor goes through and moakes the circles look like its cut off or theres lines on the screen
Veross
Possible solutions I know :

- Turn off windows ink
- This forum could also help solution
- Turn rawinput to 1 in your osu!.PCNAME.cfg file
- make sure offset is set to 0 in the same file
- download latest driver

Hope it helps ! Just test them one by one !
:D :D
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Ive tried everything except for the cfg file one as i don't have any apps to read the file or i just don't know how to do it :/
And as for downloading the latest driver i assume this is for tablet? The problem occurs on both mouse and tablet for me,
Thanks for the help though!
Veross
Hey ! Just right click and open with notepad :)!

Where to find the .cfg file
What you need to change in RAWinput line

While you're at it, do this :
In the renderer line : Write opengl or directx (Try both) Not at the same time tho
Verify if offset is set to 0

Don't worry if it looks different on your side ,Ii use notepad++
Dntm8kmeeatu
It's hard to see but it looks like basic screen tearing.

It happens when a program runs at a different framerate than your monitor. Only way to fix it is to use V-Sync (Which is not recommended) Most players just learn to deal with it.

To test though, Enable V-Sync, Does it fix the problem? If so, It was indeed Screen Tearing.
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Turns out my offsete was already 0 and the raw imput was 1 too. As for driectx and opengl i did some research and osu! doesnt have the option to change it anymore and changed the option to "compatibility mode." Can you explain the method using the renderer line more in depth? I got confused on what to do haha Dx
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Turns out it was due you screen tearing. But this problem occurred only a couple days ago and ive had the same set up for 5 months. Is this natural? And if you have the time may you explain why vsync is not recommended?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Domo3311 wrote:

Turns out it was due you screen tearing. But this problem occurred only a couple days ago and ive had the same set up for 5 months. Is this natural? And if you have the time may you explain why vsync is not recommended?

You most likely just didn't notice it.

As for why it's not recommended. It limits your frame rate to your monitors refresh rate (Normally 60hz). This causes a feeling of input delay to most players. If you struggle to get more than 60fps, Turning on V-Sync wont really effect you. But if you play on any framerate higher, Than it can feel horrible and make it unplayable. For the best experience, Run fullscreen (Not borderless) and turn your frame limiter (f7) to unlimited.
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Okay thank you all for your time!! I guess i will just have to deal with it but im getting used to it already :)
Dntm8kmeeatu

Domo3311 wrote:

Okay thank you all for your time!! I guess i will just have to deal with it but im getting used to it already :)

No problem. Going to mark resolved for now.