1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development
  4. Community Voice

Do you delete map elements?

I delete everything on _every_ map (SB/Background/Skin).
11.44% 31
I delete elements on a regular basis.
10.70% 29
I delete elements only when they severely interfere with playing.
47.97% 130
I play the maps as they were made.
29.89% 81
Total votes: 271
Polling ended 2011-04-04 07:26:30
Polling is over and can not be voted on anymore.
show more
posted
I delete everything cuz it's easier to play that way >_> lame, I know, but that's how I play
posted
I'll delete the elements that cause flashy scene, as well as 50/100/300 elements.
posted
I chose the option "I play the maps as they were made" but I actually tend to avoid playing maps with high amounts of SB unless the map is actually enjoyable. (or in special cases where the SB is better than the map) *

Reasons include:
  1. Lag
  1. Distraction
  1. Custom skin elements like cursor or hitsounds.
posted
I typically delete elements when they interfere with playing or when I need a scapegoat for doing badly on a map ~_~.
But I usually just dislike the 300,100,50 images cause typically the colors are different and I rely on the color rather than number to know what i got ;s

animask wrote:

I chose the option "I play the maps as they were made" but I actually tend to avoid playing maps with high amounts of SB unless the map is actually enjoyable. (or in special cases where the SB is better than the map) *

Reasons include:
  1. Lag
  1. Distraction
  1. Custom skin elements like cursor or hitsounds.
you can choose to have your default skin's cursor overwrite any custom one - just fyi :P

too bad its only the cursor T^T
posted
The only sb ive ever removed was in Nightcore - Jump Jump

But I put it into a new folder and then put it back because it's JUST TOO FUN TO NOT WATCH.
posted
The SPINNER blends well to the mouse cursor (even if you change the cursor)... can't see it very well...
I can't get a higher bonuses...

BTW, I still not deleting those spinner skins even if I want to... because I still get a 300...
posted
I only move the SB (when i have lag) to other folder and later i restore it :3
posted
I delete everything in every map because it helps me a lot on increasing the fps so i can move faster, and by faster i mean more normal than a laggy retarded movement.

I'm doing this only because it helps me playing better if the computer has a better performance, i couldn't have cared less about the visual stuff if they didn't do anything to my weak computer :|

When i'll get a better computer ( i don't think it will happen soon though..) i'll stop deleting stuff.
posted
I play the maps as they were made. Maybe because I find it too bothersome to go find the beatmap's folder and delete everything there.
When something lags me, I just wait for my computer to get "better" (restarting often helps), or just play something else. Storyboards generally don't affect me though; whenever I get lag spikes, I get them globally, and I can get through any skin pretty much fine (except of course if it's an horribly horrible skin, but I don't recall any, probably because I don't play as much anime as everyone else).
posted
If I delete the elements.
I think the map will be tedious~~~

maybe it will let me make more "miss" when I'am playing.

but I think It is the important parts of th OSU!

I like them~~~
posted
Maps should be played as they were meant to be. The only exception I would make is if it's as flashy as that map James made a while ago.
posted
You can delete custom skins? I did not even know you could do that. Some custom skins really kill me. I guess I play them as they are meant to be.
posted

statementreply wrote:

1. sb that causes lag
  2. sb that makes me feel sick (eg. with the whole image flashing/rotating/moving)
  3. hit 300 100 50 if the colors look alike
  4. spinner without center
  5. approachcircle and hitcircleoverlay sometimes
  6. ...
posted
I've forget if i have already post here...

Hum , it depends. If it's only "switch-BG", it's okay , but if it's like Strange Program , huh , no no no D:
posted
posted

NeverDie wrote:

on my horrible computer (which I'm sure most players in countries like china have)
...the typical ignorant American/banana

Also yeah I know peppy keeps saying SB lags aren't supposed to happen but, truth is, they do.
posted
China makes most of our electronics and thus can get them for cheaper...
posted
well i didn't delete anything
because i already get used with some annoying elements.
posted
I only delete those super-special-HD quality-awesome videos,when I get tired of 'no-video' them,because my PC is a monster...in a old way,ya know.
posted
well i not delet elements becuase sometimes this elements are need for help in the experience of play that map, but sometimes i only download with the option "download without video" because the video sometimes give lag very bad
show more