1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
After mapping for a while, yeah i realize slider acc is not very good. I guess being a mod is a good solution.

edit: eh, not really. There are maps with zero sliders.
Maybe give sliders their own score value and splitting the OD slider for the editor? Regular OD for circles, spinners, etc and Slider OD, with the RC forcing high Slider OD for maps with simple 1/2 rhythms.

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
posted

Eraser wrote:

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.
posted
In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it. If you play a map perfectly you get the 100% score witch is 1000000. I don't get what is the point of having 2 percentages showing on the screen like one being based on your accuracy and the other based on your accuracy and combo.
I'm sure that this https://i.imgur.com/nBxoJxF.jpg looks so much better than https://i.imgur.com/71iYFk1.jpg also show exactly how hard and long that beatmap was and it makes you fell more like a pro.
It's also gonna to be fun to see what happens to all those EZ/HT FCs tries since your score will be capped to the 1000000*mod modifier, makes you wonder if they where worth the effort.

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
posted

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.

Z4ckFairX wrote:

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
My issue with this isn't that I don't think it is the right idea. My problem is that it's ten years too late to make this decision. This would be like removing the AWP from Counter-Strike. It's not even a question anymore of whether or not it makes the game better, the issue is that the game is no longer what people expect of Counter-Strike, and it changes the meta into something completely unrecognizable from the past. This is a really stupid choice to make when you have a formula that has been established for so long and lots of things have grown around this formula.
posted
One recomendable stuff is not forcing a cap of 1M score regardless of the difficulty/length of a map ... if all marathons, easy, Tv sizes, etc have a limitant of 1M score people that used to play longer maps because of feeling more rewarding and worth it because of the score would just quit with indignation that an easy or even a VERY SHORT map (*cof cof, elmo & monster cookie eater AND OKDAD) would give as much score than map with even x6000 combo or longer.

For that case, you could implement limitant of scores of like 2M, 5M, 10M, 20M, 50M, 100M and so on depending the general length of a map.

Being for example...
1 - 199 clickable elements: 1M
200 - 499 clickable elements 2M
500 - 999 clickable elements 5M
1000 - 1499 clickable elements 10M
1500 - 2499 clickable elements 20M
2500 - 4000 clickable elements 50M
Over 4000 clickable elements (super long marathon) 100M.
posted
1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
posted
Tbh, I've always preferred playing on V2 just because of the multiplayer aspect of the game and how it has affected the competitive aspect of the game with multiplayer of course and the rise in the amount of tournaments. I remember back in the ol' days when OWC was still using ScoreV1 for tournament scoring, was just hilarious to see the massive leads teams got from one player carrying the team xD. Just too bad that it's still unranked, had so many awesome scores that weren't scored cuz I was playing V2 ;-;
posted

Philosofikal wrote:

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.
Then stop calling it score and drop the zeroes. For that purpose it might be even better if it was represented as a decimal number from 0.0 to 1.0 with as many decimal places as you want.

Eraser wrote:

1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
Personally, I look at score to avoid uniformity.

Philosofikal wrote:

Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.
  1. Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
  2. AFAIK osu! times your hits down to the millisecond, but replays are recorded only at 30fps (60 for newer ones). So even when you have a replay it still isn't enough to tell when hits happened.

So no, the data needed is gone, conversion is impossible.
posted
Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
Only 500 are available for public.
posted
How about, we keep the slider 50 a slider 50 and not make it a miss? :idea:

Oh and for score v3 (maybe consider it for v2 already), it might be a nice idea to keep half of your combo when you break it. So you lose like hallf of ur combo at every miss.
posted
Can we give slider accuracy its own skinning files for the 300/100/50 so they can be skinned out? It could make it easier for players used to the old sliders to adjust or just not be bothered by it. Thinking about how sliderends were originally a part of the game and how now most players decide to skin them out gave me this idea.
posted
does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
posted

Toffee wrote:

does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
Still an SS
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... ith_score/
posted
I heard rumors that the new scoreV2 will only be placed on maps what are ranked after the patch is made, keeping all the old scoreboards untouched. Is this true or not?

also disable hidden sliders when the FL mod is in use with HD. Thanks
posted
Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
posted

jaaakb wrote:

Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
At this point I'd even be for making missed sliderends count as misses. Getting 100s from those isn't fun.
posted
Everything looks cool besides slider acc, HR and DT were pretty underweighted
posted
is the score counting system be 64-bit, 9,223,372,036,854,775,807? because i saw someone who has accumulated over the 32-bit maximum value and his scores became negative.
posted
Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.
posted

Rayne wrote:

Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.
In lazer sliders have 2 accs one for the circle like a normal hit circle and one at the end of the slider. In the current osu score v2 it's not implemented like that so it's actually easy to tell what u missed.
Please sign in to reply.