forum

osu! ScoreV2 Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Caput Mortuum
blame the combo system
autoteleology
You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the score system.

The score system is there to rank people as accurately as possible relative to each other. It is being changed because the current system provides very inconsistent information from map to map and rewards combo disproportionately over accuracy, not to mention the score difference between mediocre and amazing plays is marginal at best.

The score system is not there to make you feel good or encourage you (especially when you didn't actually achieve anything). That burden of motivation is on you and you alone. What you are proposing is essentially a watering down of the system so that everyone gets a participation trophy at the expense of compressing the scores into meaninglessness. You want to take away the impact of working hard for and eventually earning a great score so you don't have to feel bad about not being good at the game after eight whole hours of gameplay.

When everyone gets a reward, the reward is meaningless. Earn your rewards.
Kyreo

Philosofikal wrote:

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the score system.

The score system is there to rank people as accurately as possible relative to each other. It is being changed because the current system provides very inconsistent information from map to map and rewards combo disproportionately over accuracy, not to mention the score difference between mediocre and amazing plays is marginal at best.

The score system is not there to make you feel good or encourage you (especially when you didn't actually achieve anything). That burden of motivation is on you and you alone. What you are proposing is essentially a watering down of the system so that everyone gets a participation trophy at the expense of compressing the scores into meaninglessness. You want to take away the impact of working hard for and eventually earning a great score so you don't have to feel bad about not being good at the game after eight whole hours of gameplay.

When everyone gets a reward, the reward is meaningless. Earn your rewards.
I'm not saying we should reward anyone, just that people need to be encouraged to play. The difference between what you call a mediocre and an amazing play will still exist whatever it takes. A very good player will do something like 980 000 to 1 000 000 points, that is to say an average achievement of 98% to 100% of the map while a "mediocre" (you're somewhat condescending just by saying so) with 500 000 points will have an average achievement of 50% of the map. It is totally legit to me. Besides, I'm not for "earning a great score", just something coherent with the true achievement. Having a 90k under 1000k is not representative of what I've done, clearly. It's representative of what I could have done a few days before when I was less experienced.

And yea, the scoring system is here to rank people. Still, it is more than possible while being logic at the same time. Scorev2 will not help e sport & competition at all. Why? Imagine a second: there's a 1 million limit. If someone already did the maximum score, then someone else, & again... How are these people ranked? Who will be displayed as the first? With the "limitless" system of scorev1, you could manage to surpass the first of the ladder by adding mods, doing better at accuracy or combos or by spinning faster. The limitless system is the one rewarding the best players who always manage to be in the ladder. With a one million limit, how many maps do you think we will have with numerous rank 1? Scorev1 already ranks the best players on top of the ladder.

Ps: I've a question; what about the leveling system? Since you progress thanks to the scores you make, will it be changed aswell?
Full Tablet

Kyreo wrote:

I'm not saying we should reward anyone, just that people need to be encouraged to play. The difference between what you call a mediocre and an amazing play will still exist whatever it takes. A very good player will do something like 980 000 to 1 000 000 points, that is to say an average achievement of 98% to 100% of the map while a "mediocre" (you're somewhat condescending just by saying so) with 500 000 points will have an average achievement of 50% of the map. It is totally legit to me. Besides, I'm not for "earning a great score", just something coherent with the true achievement. Having a 90k under 1000k is not representative of what I've done, clearly. It's representative of what I could have done a few days before when I was less experienced.

And yea, the scoring system is here to rank people. Still, it is more than possible while being logic at the same time. Scorev2 will not help e sport & competition at all. Why? Imagine a second: there's a 1 million limit. If someone already did the maximum score, then someone else, & again... How are these people ranked? Who will be displayed as the first? With the "limitless" system of scorev1, you could manage to surpass the first of the ladder by adding mods, doing better at accuracy or combos or by spinning faster. The limitless system is the one rewarding the best players who always manage to be in the ladder. With a one million limit, how many maps do you think we will have with numerous rank 1? Scorev1 already ranks the best players on top of the ladder.

Ps: I've a question; what about the leveling system? Since you progress thanks to the scores you make, will it be changed aswell?
The scale used for scores is completely arbitrary, changing it doesn't affect the balance of the rankings (For example, you could change it so all values become the logarithm of their previous values, and nothing would change in terms of relative rankings). That said, I consider 9% of the maximum score for a play like that not a bad representation of the worth of the play. If someone managed to get 9% score in some map after about 8 hours of practice, it wouldn't be strange they only managed to achieve a 90% score after over 100 hours of practice.

The score limit doesn't actually have any effect on the score ranks, it is just a linear scaling to make the maximum 1 million. For example, if doing "perfectly" (all 300s with no combo breaks) on a map would give 8 million without the score limit, and a some other play gives 4 million, then the scores become 1 million and 0.5 million respectively with the score limit. The only effect the score limit has on balance is indirectly affecting the worth of spinners (the longer the map, the more important it becomes to overspin), but that is an issue that should be addressed (though, I haven't tested this recently, and I don't know where to look for the exact current formula of scorev2)

The leveling system doesn't have much importance. They could keep it the way it is currently (using a calculated scorev1 in the background for the experience), or change it (maybe giving experience per play proportional to the score and the length of the map).
autoteleology

Kyreo wrote:

I'm not saying we should reward anyone, just that people need to be encouraged to play. The difference between what you call a mediocre and an amazing play will still exist whatever it takes. A very good player will do something like 980 000 to 1 000 000 points, that is to say an average achievement of 98% to 100% of the map while a "mediocre" (you're somewhat condescending just by saying so) with 500 000 points will have an average achievement of 50% of the map.
Akanagi
I can't see how ScoreV2 is a good idea.

If you want to put on emphasis on accuracy which is undervalued in the present score system, you could just make the 300s be worth like 1k-1,5k points and make 100 / 50s still be the same. That way you can still surpass someone with a way higher combo than you by being way more accurate, while players that can hold both accuracy and combo will be rewarded with the maximum amount of points.

Slider accuracy maybe SHOULD have been a thing from the start, but changing such a fundemental thing now that the game is 10 years old is not a very good idea.
Look at the many ways you can fail a slider as compared to how you can fail a note. The only way to "fail" a note is to miss it, while (with slider acc) you can not only sliderbreak or miss a sliderend, now you can also get a ridiculously low score for hitting it too early while still having the risk of breaking it.

I don't see why you'd want to compress score down to 1 million either, getting the really high scores is what makes the game fun for some people (like me) and being forced to the never-changing 1million top score feels boring to me.

If slideracc comes, you can be absolutely sure that the mapping-meta will change towards way less sliders than what we're used to. Players will want to avoid to sliders when this change gets live, therefor mappers start catering towards those players by tailoring maps toward that preference.
Most maps will probably have very little passages with sliders and the popular slider methods that we got to see this and last year will vanish as probably noone really wants to play them anymore since sliders (again) have so many more ways of killing your combo now than a regular note would ever have.

Again, if you want to reward accuracy more, than just increase the score for perfectly hitting a note. The discrepancy in points between a high-acc low combo player and someone who has bad acc but holds a big combo will shrink, but will still be favored toward combo, but not to the degree it is now (hitting 100 more combo than someone is already a huge lead right now)

Yes, I know hitting a 100 in the beginning is neglible right now as opposed to getting a 100 at the end. Score V2 MAY BE a good fix for tournaments, but I really don't think it's the right way for solo play, nor the mapping meta.
Full Tablet

Rayne wrote:

If you want to put on emphasis on accuracy which is undervalued in the present score system, you could just make the 300s be worth like 1k-1,5k points and make 100 / 50s still be the same. That way you can still surpass someone with a way higher combo than you by being way more accurate, while players that can hold both accuracy and combo will be rewarded with the maximum amount of points.
That wouldn't actually change things much.
With the current judgment values, accuracy percentages usually range from 80% to 100%, if you changed the value of 300s to 1500 (which is equivalent to changing 100-to-20 and 50-to-10 while keeping 300s constant), that range would only change to from 72% to 100% (if you changed it so 100s and 50s are worth 0 points, it would only change to from 70% to 100%). Combo would still heavily outweigh accuracy, since numerically there is little difference between a very low accuracy percentage and a high accuracy percentage, compared to how much score varies because of combos.

In my opinion, combo lengths shouldn't even be considered in the score formula. For the aim portion of score, the amount of combo breaks is a much better indicator than the lengths of the combos.
amax
What will happen to the preexisting scores on maps when ScoreV2 hits? Will they automatically be tweaked to fit the new ScoreV2 rules? (i.e Score limit at 1mil)
FogsFles

smoogipooo wrote:

Hey all,

We're just over two months away from OWC and I want to know what the community likes/dislikes about the current ScoreV2 system so we can get it perfected before OWC comes a-knocking.

THIS IS NOT FINAL
Please, do not discuss Star Rating and PP here.

Here are a few facts/talking points about the current osu! ScoreV2 system:
  1. 70% of score comes from combo, the remaining 30% comes from accuracy.
  2. Spinners award 500 points per tick.
  3. The mod multipliers are as follows: HR - 1.10x, DT - 1.20x, FL - 1.12x, HD - 1.06x
Basically, I'm willing to experiment trying different stuff so throw out any ideas you have. I'll be checking this thread periodically but don't expect me to reply to every comment, and please _please_ don't spam me with PMs telling me to read a comment in here ;___;.

Hello!

First things First, let me tell you a bit about myself. ( And i know i can be a very strong opinionated person ).

I'm Fogsfles, Also know as Papa Foggo or Erik. I have been in the tournament community for over one year now.
I started off in Standard Monthly Tournament (which was on Scorev2). This was back in 11-05-2016. We named our team Anime Tiddles.
Anime Tiddles started to grow into a big community and we we currently have 82 members, with a total of 100+ players who have played for our team.
Anime Tiddles participated in more than 15 tournies, both being Score v1 and Score v2

I have been playing a lot of tournaments myself too. Mostly in teams. So i dare to say i have a lot of experience.
Besides that i also hosted a small tournament, been Mappool picker and commentator.

To put the bragging aside, lets start with the actual discussion.
I am a VERY big fan of score v2. but of course, it has it's ups and it's downs. Let me tell you what i think is good:
+ Prevents a one man carry and requires team effort to win
+ More points for being Rhythmic, as should be in a rhythm game
+ Not TOO punishing for missing a note, but still punishing by a big margin

All of those postive things have a bad side tho:
-Score v2 might not be rewarding enough when a player makes a rediculously good play. Since the score wont go higher then 1.000.000.
-Hitting notes on some map is way more impressive than timing them right. ofcourse, the OD of the map has to do with this a lot. Then again keep in mind that osu is a rhythm game.
-If a player misses 5 times in the beginning or end and has better accuracy then someone who FC'ed it, you might say the FC guy should deserve the win. Then again, everyone has different opinions about that.

It all comes down to who YOU guys, as staff, think is supposed to win. The main thing to take into consideration is combo in opposition to acccuracy.

I would say the mods have good multipliers for the score. With score v2 focussing a bit more on acc 1.1 should be good for HR, and 1.06 for hidden would be great too.
What i don't get is the score multiplier for DT, since everyone in the tourney will play the same maps with DT.

Maybe take in consideration to enlarge the max score a bit, so players can NOT CARRY, but take a greater part in playing really well on difficult maps.

Other than that. IMO score v2 is an (almost) amazing way too decide who the fair winners are for a tournament, may this be 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 or any other possibilities. I't might need some fine-tuning, but i would say Score v2 is a great way to decide who is better in a tournament. (And people should stop using score v1 in their tournies! *sigh*)

I hope people actually read this and maybe you will take my points into consideration.

I will see you around!

-Papa Foggo
Ritzeh
I believe that ScoreV2 should be adjusted to 50% Accuracy and 50% Combo as well as having Accuracy be calculated separately from combo.*

Why?

The issue behind ScoreV2's 70% Combo / 30% Accuracy Ratio:

70% Combo / 30% Accuracy, is leaning towards making aim + consistency the more important aspect of scoring due to the fact that osu! has always been an aim game from the beginning (despite the rhythm aspect of it).

Even though Combo plays a large role for what determines the player's ability and probability to aim from point A, B, C, etc., it completely disregards Accuracy and Rhythm. Sure most modern maps have a simple 1/2 beat pattern with the occasional slider and triple but because of that 70/30 ratio, maps that can be hard to time are simply cheesed through by just holding a combo for the best score possible.

Furthermore, because of the variety of maps that are provided by the community ranging from simplistic to technical, a 50/50 ratio would prove to be more beneficial in the long run because it essentially removes the bias towards one specific aspect. This prevents players from complaining about scores that have been obviously mashed through to maintain combo instead of keeping a decent rhythm. Additionally, missing in the middle of a map won't be as punishing as it may seem to be right now.

Currently, Accuracy has been calculated based off the current combo of the play (Earlier 300s are worth less than Later 300s). You can argue that a map would be harder to time later in the map because of the possibility of having a difficulty spike near the end. While this may be true, the exact opposite can happen or the middle of a map is the most difficult (typically the chorus), while anything before or after the chorus is far easier in comparison.

As I see it, Accuracy should be calculated strictly on the maximum objects (circles, sliders, spinners) within a given map and 300s/100s/50s should reward their proper values. Which would have circles and spinners be seen as one object each while sliders would be seen as two objects.

The reasoning behind splitting a slider into two objects is to bring in the factor of a Slider-Start and Slider-End so we can have a value for a completed slider. This is also to leave slider ticks as a combo calculation because of how it adds to combo but not accuracy.

I hope my thoughts can spark a discussion about making a definitive scoring system for osu! since ScoreV2 imo is still flawed.

Example of 50/50 ratio with Accuracy being calculated separately
Let's use a 500 combo map as an example.
Here are the values of each judgment: 300 = 100%, 100 = 1/3, 50 = 1/6

Given: Limited to 500,000 points , 450 Circles, 50 Sliders and 0 Spinners, Assume the Player gets 50% of the maximum combo, misses once, and proceeds to get the remaining 49.9% and gets 474 300's, 20 100's, 5 50's, 1 Missed Slider End (Kept Combo) with three of those 100's being on a slider start.

Accuracy Score per Object = 500,000 / 500
Accuracy Score per Object = 1,000

This leaves us with:
300 = 1,000
100 = 333.333
50 = 166.667
Miss = 0
Slider End = 1000

Accuracy Score for a 300 = 1,000 * 425 = 425,000
Accuracy Score for a 100 = 333.333 * 20 = 6,666.66
Accuracy Score for a 50 = 166.667 * 5 = 3,333.34
Accuracy Score for a Slider End = 1,000 * 49 = 49,000

Accuracy Score = 484,000

Now that we have Accuracy Score calculated, we can calculate combo score on estimation because I'm too lazy to use the formula on the wiki.

We can assume that if a note were to be hit, it will be considered as a 100% value because there is no accuracy involved.

Given: No slider ticks, no repeat sliders, and maximum combo is 550. Player gets a combo of 275, misses once, then proceeds to get a combo of 273 (he didn't complete one slider end).

Based off some testing, getting 50% maximum combo is about 25% of the maximum possible score so in our case it would be 500,000 / 4 = 125,000

Then the combo score would pretty much be 125,000 * 2 = 250,000.

Combo Score = 250,000

Finally we can add these two results together and get a final score of 734,000. If this was regular ScoreV2, it would be something like 600,000 and don't forget the fact that accuracy is combo based on regular ScoreV2 as well so if the player were to get those 25 mistimed notes later in the map, the score would be even lower, probably 550,000.
Kiciuk
Best way will be to separate PP and Score, score will still be based on combo so if you FC with good AC you will be top on scores but someone who make for example 1 miss(or slider break) in the middle of the map won;t be punished on PP like its now.
Dovydas
I wonder what's gonna happen to old scores with less than 1M points. Some maps are really short https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118 and have great #1 scores.

If these map scores don't get converted automatically after score v2 comes out then any new player will be able to get 700k points and beat old legendary records that only have 200k points. Most old 4mod easy map scores would become irrelevant. What's the plan on converting the top 1000/500 scores atm?
FlipSide82
..oh
Celine
Would love the option of score v2 on multiplayer mode, even if it's unranked
Caput Mortuum

BWSnoob wrote:

Would love the option of score v2 on multiplayer mode, even if it's unranked
it's there already lol. in the win condition
Radobot
Personally, I do think that ScoreV1 focuses too much on combo to the point where I think that with big enough combo accuracy becomes somewhat irrelevant. This also means that penalty for miss is way too high.

But I also really don't like capped scores. If ScoreV2 is going to be capped at 1 000 000 then it might as well be just a percentage since getting maximum is always the same value.

The problem with ScoreV1 is that it's exponential:

Score = Hit Value + (Hit Value * ((Combo multiplier * Difficulty multiplier * Mod multiplier) / 25))

It's exponential because summing values in which each one is bigger that the previous one results in exponential growth. So the rate of growth increases with each new hit and resets to 0 on miss. And because this rate of growth is unbounded, even a 50 with big enough combo has bigger score gain than 300 with no combo.

Naïve solution would be to not scale hit values with combo, but that would leave combo out of the equation and make combo have no effect on the score.

My suggestion would be to scale hit values with combo, but not linearly. Instead, a function that gradually decreases its rate of growth would be used. This would result in hits achieved with high combo to have bigger impact on the score, but with a limit. This would solve the problem of ScoreV1 that resulted from unbounded combo multiplier.

Some functions that would the satisfy the property of gradually decreasing rate of growth:
  1. combo / (combo + a); where a is from open interval (0, ∞)
  2. combo^a; where a is from open interval (0, 1) [basically a root function]
So the score equation above would change to something like this:
Score = Hit Value + (Hit Value * (((Combo multiplier / (Combo multiplier + 10)) * Difficulty multiplier * Mod multiplier) / 25))
nya10
For tournament setting, I hope osu!standard scoring is like mania, where misscount matters the most (sliderbreak should be counted as miss). Although misscount should matter much more than acc imo. (although this is only suggested for tournament use, not even for new score v2 leaderboard or something, because it's not relevant to current pp algorithm)

Well it might throw off some people, but this way imo rewards player who is more consistent, while missing on the last 1/4 of the map doesn't really have much impact rather than say, missing in the middle.
Cahyono29
no matter what people said,you guys the stuff will never remove the ''slider acc" isn't it?
Caput Mortuum
what if i told you that there are also people who support slider acc?
autoteleology
What if I told you those people are wrong?

I would love to see someone justify how the positives of this change outweigh the laundry list of negatives, such as:

- Did you play for SS ranks? Well, fuck you, go redo half of them at random. Many legendary top plays possibly ruined. Get rekt Barusamikosu.
- Thousands of #1 map ranks will be reshuffled. I'm sure the holders of those records won't mind losing them at random.
- Any map designed to take advantage of the previous mechanics (Adult Toy? Give Me A Break Stop Now? etc) is now substantially altered/ruined.

What positives are we getting in return from this goalpost shifting, aside from "muh rhythm get good noob lol play more"?

Are you sure that the people who like this change are even in the majority, much less the substantial majority? Are you prepared to handle the tidal wave of complaints from thousands of players who have their play history and/or maps negatively impacted and were unaware of this decision until the moment it is foisted upon them if you find you've substantially misjudged your level of support for this?

Why can this just not be a difficulty increasing mod that people can opt into for extra points/pp instead of something that retroactively edits ten years of a game's history with the precision and subtlety of a chainsaw? Why are we punishing players for past plays when we could be rewarding them for new plays instead?
Caput Mortuum
After mapping for a while, yeah i realize slider acc is not very good. I guess being a mod is a good solution.

edit: eh, not really. There are maps with zero sliders.
Maybe give sliders their own score value and splitting the OD slider for the editor? Regular OD for circles, spinners, etc and Slider OD, with the RC forcing high Slider OD for maps with simple 1/2 rhythms.

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
autoteleology

Eraser wrote:

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.
Z4ckFairX
In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it. If you play a map perfectly you get the 100% score witch is 1000000. I don't get what is the point of having 2 percentages showing on the screen like one being based on your accuracy and the other based on your accuracy and combo.
I'm sure that this https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/nBxoJxF.jpg looks so much better than https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/71iYFk1.jpg also show exactly how hard and long that beatmap was and it makes you fell more like a pro.
It's also gonna to be fun to see what happens to all those EZ/HT FCs tries since your score will be capped to the 1000000*mod modifier, makes you wonder if they where worth the effort.

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
autoteleology

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.

Z4ckFairX wrote:

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
My issue with this isn't that I don't think it is the right idea. My problem is that it's ten years too late to make this decision. This would be like removing the AWP from Counter-Strike. It's not even a question anymore of whether or not it makes the game better, the issue is that the game is no longer what people expect of Counter-Strike, and it changes the meta into something completely unrecognizable from the past. This is a really stupid choice to make when you have a formula that has been established for so long and lots of things have grown around this formula.
DroidBass
One recomendable stuff is not forcing a cap of 1M score regardless of the difficulty/length of a map ... if all marathons, easy, Tv sizes, etc have a limitant of 1M score people that used to play longer maps because of feeling more rewarding and worth it because of the score would just quit with indignation that an easy or even a VERY SHORT map (*cof cof, elmo & monster cookie eater AND OKDAD) would give as much score than map with even x6000 combo or longer.

For that case, you could implement limitant of scores of like 2M, 5M, 10M, 20M, 50M, 100M and so on depending the general length of a map.

Being for example...
1 - 199 clickable elements: 1M
200 - 499 clickable elements 2M
500 - 999 clickable elements 5M
1000 - 1499 clickable elements 10M
1500 - 2499 clickable elements 20M
2500 - 4000 clickable elements 50M
Over 4000 clickable elements (super long marathon) 100M.
Caput Mortuum
1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
SeishunLL
Tbh, I've always preferred playing on V2 just because of the multiplayer aspect of the game and how it has affected the competitive aspect of the game with multiplayer of course and the rise in the amount of tournaments. I remember back in the ol' days when OWC was still using ScoreV1 for tournament scoring, was just hilarious to see the massive leads teams got from one player carrying the team xD. Just too bad that it's still unranked, had so many awesome scores that weren't scored cuz I was playing V2 ;-;
Radobot
I realized I already said this.

Philosofikal wrote:

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.
Then stop calling it score and drop the zeroes. For that purpose it might be even better if it was represented as a decimal number from 0.0 to 1.0 with as many decimal places as you want.

Eraser wrote:

1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
Personally, I look at score to avoid uniformity.

Philosofikal wrote:

Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.

1. Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
  2. AFAIK osu! times your hits down to the millisecond, but replays are recorded only at 30fps (60 for newer ones). So even when you have a replay it still isn't enough to tell when hits happened.

So no, the data needed is gone, conversion is impossible.
-Makishima S-
Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
Only 500 are available for public.
CADAEMOS
How about, we keep the slider 50 a slider 50 and not make it a miss? :idea:

Oh and for score v3 (maybe consider it for v2 already), it might be a nice idea to keep half of your combo when you break it. So you lose like hallf of ur combo at every miss.
october
Can we give slider accuracy its own skinning files for the 300/100/50 so they can be skinned out? It could make it easier for players used to the old sliders to adjust or just not be bothered by it. Thinking about how sliderends were originally a part of the game and how now most players decide to skin them out gave me this idea.
Lunanor
does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
Barusamikosu

Toffee wrote:

does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
Still an SS
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... ith_score/
worst fl player
I heard rumors that the new scoreV2 will only be placed on maps what are ranked after the patch is made, keeping all the old scoreboards untouched. Is this true or not?

also disable hidden sliders when the FL mod is in use with HD. Thanks
dung eater
Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
Barusamikosu

jaaakb wrote:

Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
At this point I'd even be for making missed sliderends count as misses. Getting 100s from those isn't fun.
Brainage
Everything looks cool besides slider acc, HR and DT were pretty underweighted
nikky
is the score counting system be 64-bit, 9,223,372,036,854,775,807? because i saw someone who has accumulated over the 32-bit maximum value and his scores became negative.
Akanagi
Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.
Z4ckFairX

Rayne wrote:

Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.

In lazer sliders have 2 accs one for the circle like a normal hit circle and one at the end of the slider. In the current osu score v2 it's not implemented like that so it's actually easy to tell what u missed.
show more