forum

Various Artists - singason

posted
Total Posts
show more
Enon
It would be more nice if some nice SB could be included!

Nice map, Nice song!
Topic Starter
melon boy
Fixed everything and popped.

Ready for bubbles and all that!

EDIT: 04:18:904 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - Changed this to all NCs instead. The lyrics are something along the lines of 'let's let a big flower bloom' so I wanted a pattern reminiscent of a flower. Hope this is okay!

EDIT2: Changed back to NC every second circle cause it looks pretty. Still think my reason makes it okay.
Sonnyc

Sonnyc wrote:

03:32:788 (2,1,2) - Having such a similar spacing concept made the 1/3 rhythm of (1,2) unintuitive. Using a different spacing concept to indicate the different rhythm is recommended.
I don't think something was done for this issue I've addressed. Mind voicing out your reason of keeping it? As some suggestion, just ctrl+G 03:33:284 (2) - and adjusting the pattern of 03:33:284 (2,1,2,1,2,3) - to fit your flow idea a bit better would be enough.
Topic Starter
melon boy

Sonnyc wrote:

Sonnyc wrote:

03:32:788 (2,1,2) - Having such a similar spacing concept made the 1/3 rhythm of (1,2) unintuitive. Using a different spacing concept to indicate the different rhythm is recommended.
I don't think something was done for this issue I've addressed. Mind voicing out your reason of keeping it? As some suggestion, just ctrl+G 03:33:284 (2) - and adjusting the pattern of 03:33:284 (2,1,2,1,2,3) - to fit your flow idea a bit better would be enough.
Ah, sorry about that.
I tried doing a couple different things but it didn't feel quite right, and I think circles after repeat sliders like this - if the distance is relatively small - are very intuitive just from based on the approach circle. And you wouldn't ever expect 03:33:119 (1,2) to be spaced with 1/6 because of the nature of the map.

No change. Hope this is reasoning enough!!
Topic Starter
melon boy
Added video and some extra combo coloring, so you might want to check that as well when it is!

Also, is it possible to upload above the size limit without changing diff name to Marathon? If so please tell me 'cause I have a video with higher quality.
Kibbleru

Fuccho wrote:

Added video and some extra combo coloring, so you might want to check that as well when it is!

Also, is it possible to upload above the size limit without changing diff name to Marathon? If so please tell me 'cause I have a video with higher quality.
unfortunately not.

still waiting for sonnyc bubble 2 lol
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Kibbleru
qualified
Topic Starter
melon boy
Thanks guys!!
Haruto
Oh Congrats Fuccho!!
Kalibe
this song is lovely, grats!
Enon
^ same!
_handholding

Kalibe wrote:

this song is lovely, grats!
pingal1ty
121,14 is the right bpm. Seems not much difference with 121 but for consistency as its a long song seems important, try raise OD to 8-9 and you'll notice its not good at some points.
Topic Starter
melon boy

pingal1ty wrote:

121,14 is the right bpm. Seems not much difference with 121 but for consistency as its a long song seems important, try raise OD to 8-9 and you'll notice its not good at some points.
Are you saying that after trying it out in the editor? A change in BPM that big will move the last objects by almost an entire beat. The current BPM is fine as it is, it's just that a lot of the instruments are a little off 'cause it's recorded in studio. This is especially noticeable in the piano solo, but there isn't much to really do about that.
pingal1ty

Fuccho wrote:

pingal1ty wrote:

Are you saying that after trying it out in the editor? A change in BPM that big will move the last objects by almost an entire beat. The current BPM is fine as it is, it's just that a lot of the instruments are a little off 'cause it's recorded in studio. This is especially noticeable in the piano solo, but there isn't much to really do about that.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhmfn3b26 ... est%5D.osu
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8197613

Excuse the couple misses, I'm human :<

I readjusted on that test version all the timming points to match the slider speed, since changing the bpm makes everything messy, I also used the resnap function in the editor so all circles should be placed where they should really be.

I had this same issue with my map, firstly thinking it was 150bpm and then it was 149.86. The difference is very very minimal but it does make a tiny difference, just try yourself on that test I sent you and you'll see.
Topic Starter
melon boy

pingal1ty wrote:

Fuccho wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhmfn3b26 ... est%5D.osu
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8197613

Excuse the couple misses, I'm human :<

I readjusted on that test version all the timming points to match the slider speed, since changing the bpm makes everything messy, I also used the resnap function in the editor so all circles should be placed where they should really be.

I had this same issue with my map, firstly thinking it was 150bpm and then it was 149.86. The difference is very very minimal but it does make a tiny difference, just try yourself on that test I sent you and you'll see.
03:10:256 - Go into your test diff, listen to this, and tell me that is on beat.
03:15:292 - Then it just shifts everything over 1/6 of a beat and is just as messy until the end where it gets about right again.

I'm telling you, 121 BPM is the right one, enough BNs and experienced mappers have been through to check already. If anything is wrong, it's mininal and, as you said, can only be felt with very high OD, which this map doesn't have.
pingal1ty
03:10:256 - Go into your test diff, listen to this, and tell me that is on beat.
03:15:292 - Then it just shifts everything over 1/6 of a beat and is just as messy until the end where it gets about right again.

I'm telling you, 121 BPM is the right one, enough BNs and experienced mappers have been through to check already. If anything is wrong, it's mininal and, as you said, can only be felt with very high OD, which this map doesn't have.
I mean.... I told you the bpm is wrong and I took the time to change few stuff to make it work, and proof it to you, don't expect to be a perfect work, its just a concept proof, 121.14 is more accurated than just 121, and if something is off just go and fix it
Topic Starter
melon boy

pingal1ty wrote:

I mean.... I told you the bpm is wrong and I took the time to change few stuff to make it work, and proof it to you, don't expect to be a perfect work, its just a concept proof, 121.14 is more accurated than just 121, and if something is off just go and fix it
What I'm trying to explain is that a change of as much as 0,14 BPM on a song this long is never going to be correct when the timing already is as accurate as is it.
You're either going to end up with objects near the end being an entire beat off rhythm or you're gonna end up with what happened in your test difficulty where this can be found various places: 03:15:209 - Image & 04:26:284 - Image
You've just randomly moved the objects over a tick to compensate for the wrong timing. I'll say it again, 121 BPM is the right BPM.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.
pingal1ty
You're either going to end up with objects near the end being an entire beat off rhythm or you're gonna end up with what happened in your test difficulty where this can be found various places: 03:15:209 - Image & 04:26:284 - Image
You've just randomly moved the objects over a tick to compensate for the wrong timing. I'll say it again, 121 BPM is the right BPM.

I haven't moved anything, I just used the built-in editor option to "resnap all notes".
Topic Starter
melon boy

pingal1ty wrote:

I haven't moved anything, I just used the built-in editor option to "resnap all notes".
Do you not see what's wrong with the notes from your test diff in the images I posted? There's no way 121,14 is viable in any way.

I won't make any change to the BPM 'cause it isn't wrong.