forum

[Osu!St.\Mouse] Wireless or Wired?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
45Traeath
Few weeks ago, my wireless died. Well, rather "is RIP-ing", since I only have to get new AA batteries to have it work once more for me XD

Now I'm using a wired and slightly bigger mouse......
A long story, if you're only interested in the question rather than any explanation '-'
And I discovered how higher my SPM could get with it.
I have been using this Map as reference (I can't clear it, but just as reference, you see). AutoMod makes 40k~42k at 477 constant SPM.
In my best condition, I can reach 32k with the wired, while I really have a hard time reaching 16k with the wireless; yet my wrist's/arm's movement is completely the same: screwed up as a desperate guy trying too hard to Spin. (If with those words, it's still unclear, I invite you to watch a replay of my tried-too-hard performance '-')

In both cases, as I grip the mouse with the palm, sometimes, the longer a lateral move becomes, the more my thumb/pikny (depending on direction) is likely to get rolled over, thus my wrist can't make my cursor reach the field's edge. (I'm aware of that bad habit for long, but it's just too hard to change XD)
I just feel like a real need to have at least those fingers down on the table and stuck to the mouse, kind of locking down the mouse, I don't know why '-'
However, I have a better focus-on-move ("get less rolled over") with the wireless one than the other; as I seem to lose focus faster with the latter.
Plus, the wire make my mouse slightly raise in the air from the contact with my keybo', during long upward Sliders.

Are my mouses' dimensions needed to analyze my case? XD
EliteTyrael
You usually want wired because...

1. It has a better response time usually.
2. You don't wanna piss up during a map if it dun goofs.
3. Well do you wanna pay for batteries?/ Waiting for it to charge?
Endie-
I would use a wired mouse if possible
N0thingSpecial
Wired > wireless. Unless you're willing to invest 150 USD for a g900 which said to have same performance compared to wired gaming mouse
Topic Starter
45Traeath
1. Well, that I noticed before posting '-'
[Can't argue on 2nd, though I mess up more with wired XD]
3. 160~200mins for charging? I easily can spend them somewhere else (not outdoors though, but still easily). Previous batteries were always overcharged, hence they died faster and I had to use what's remaining (usually used for the electric shaver).

Endie- wrote:

I would use a wired mouse if possible
Well why not .-.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Wired > wireless. Unless you're willing to invest 150 USD for a g900 which said to have same performance compared to wired gaming mouse
Nah, I'm never ever using a gaming mouse '-'

For the moment, I'll still practice with that wired...
Or with a smaller wired, that might help.
KanoSet
wired
clover
use a trackpad
Topic Starter
45Traeath

Swordyy wrote:

wired
I'll even try to get better, then.

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

use a trackpad
Nah nah, that won't happen '-'
Veross
I'd probably try to go with wired, because I personally wouldn't want my mouse to die on me during a sick FC that I worked hard for