forum

[Archived] osu! has low framerate with a powerful pc..?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko
Problem Details:
So yesterday I picked up my new computer for college; it's a Lenovo Yoga with the i7 processor, 16gb of ram, and a dedicated graphics card, a NVidia GeForce i think (I feel like an idiot but I'm not even sure what pc specs matter at this point). My assumption was that this was going to be a osu grinding mega machine. But i haven't been able to get osu to run a frame over 60 fps with the often drops too. My old mac with 4gb of ram would run osu at 60-80 fps easily. I'm so confused and a little bit worried. If I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just a scrub who needs better specs someone please let me know. Thanks so much.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Xylo-
First of all, make sure you set your fps to unlimited (you can do it either in options or using F7) and vsync is off. Usually turning fullscreen on also helps with the problem. If none of that works, try compatibility mode and make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date. Also, make sure you run osu! with your dedicated GPU and not the integrated one.
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Xylo- wrote:

First of all, make sure you set your fps to unlimited (you can do it either in options or using F7) and vsync is off. Usually turning fullscreen on also helps with the problem. If none of that works, try compatibility mode and make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date. Also, make sure you run osu! with your dedicated GPU and not the integrated one.
Thank you for the reply. I tried running with the dedicated card and it started running at 30 fps. Compatibility mode makes it run at 60 fps but still.... that is so weak. If anyone has any idea please throw in your two cents, it is much appreciated :)