forum

Utsu-P - TRAUMATIC

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sharkie

Monstrata wrote:

Sharkie's EXPERT

00:12:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - If you're following vocals, then shouldn't you be emphasizing notes like 00:12:125 - 00:12:625 - 00:13:125 - with sliders instead? It feels like the slider rhythm is 1/2 a beat too late. There's a polarity shift here at 00:12:000 (1,2) - if you're looking at vocals. Instead of 1 2 3, it becomes 1 2 > 1 2 3 | 1 2 3 | 1 2 3 // The polarity shifts back on 00:13:875 - so this would fit better as a circle.
Remapped.
00:24:125 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - The same idea applies here^
Remapped.
00:21:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Not really sure what rhythm you're following here xd. The 1/1 slider seems kinda odd too.
Same as the beginning pharse, 00:09:000 (1,2) - following snare here.
Topic Starter
Cryptic
Updaterooni.
Monstrata
I'm going to rebubble since those places were remapped. Was just expecting a Ctrl+G or something lol. Just poke Strategas to give Sharkie's diff a final rundown.
Strategas
gz
Topic Starter
Cryptic
Thanks <3
Round 2 bois
Ancelysia
this song is terrifying but so good
fieryrage
regratz!
Ancelysia
also

remove the widescreen support thing because theres no sb
Exote
yay not even half an hour nuked already gg
Topic Starter
Cryptic

iiOkward wrote:

also

Its not on on any diffs though...?
Ancelysia

Cryptic wrote:

iiOkward wrote:

also

Its not on on any diffs though...?
Oh, osu! must've been messing with me.. Oh well. Don't listen to me :p
Pachiru
Hello Cryptic,

I'm not hating or else, so don't take what I'll say as an hating comment, that's just what I'm thinking of the mapset, and not a mod or a DQ thing, okay? I'll not being like "mapping shit 2k17" or "haitai 2017" #disqus

First, the basics diffs are very clean, I like them, especially Sharkie's diff, but when I watched the 6* and 7* diffs on the editor, I thought like it was a bit overdone, and it got some non-sense jumps. I know that's an intense song, with high BPM, but I think that some jumps don't have their place on it. If you have some reason of those insanes jumps, I would love to know why you did it, because it might be a reason besides those insane jumps.

I'm not saying that you should rework the map or else, because the map is qualified, so it means that it meet the BN ranking requirements, and I'm glad for you that you qualified your song, moreover, that's your mapping style, so I can't judge for everyone since I would map it on a different way.
I would like to add that I'm not able to play your three diffs, so my opinion is only about editor viewing, so my point of view might be different from other players!

Otherwise, the ryhthm use is pretty clean and that's a pretty nice set ;)

Have a good day, and gratz for qualify!
Topic Starter
Cryptic

Pachiru wrote:

First, the basics diffs are very clean, I like them, especially Sharkie's diff, but when I watched the 6* and 7* diffs on the editor, I thought like it was a bit overdone, and it got some non-sense jumps. I know that's an intense song, with high BPM, but I think that some jumps don't have their place on it. If you have some reason of those insanes jumps, I would love to know why you did it, because it might be a reason besides those insane jumps.
Hey I appreciate the nice comment and thank you! I'm not entirely sure which jumps you may be referring to, but I'll point out the largest ones in the map and try to explain the reasoning behind them succinctly.

Overall, most of the spacing follows guitar pitch and drum intensity. The note density follows moreso vocal intensity. On the Extreme, 00:12:000 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - that could be viewed as a seemingly random pattern, but the jumps roughly increase/decrease with the guitar pitch as well as change flow on each word. The same concept is here: 00:25:500 (1,2) - but I gave it more spacing for aesthetic purposes as well as to make it a bit larger than some of the previous jumps in the pattern since the pitch itself is higher. These (00:27:750 (2,3) - ) are the most intense drums on the entire map and therefore given the largest spacing. On Traumatized the reasoning are about the same, with 00:15:000 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:27:000 (1,2,3,4) - being exceptions. Originally, the 2 and 3 were stacked which properly fit the music in my eyes, but I ended up changing it to be easier to play with Monstrata's mod (which is also the reason this map went 6.9x to 7.04).

I think that covers everything? If you have any questions please let me know!
Ambrew
Abysmal.
Pachiru
Indeed, I looked further with your explications about the 3 highest SR diffs, and I understand why you did it like that, that have more sense to me now since you explain it.

Thanks for taking time to answer,

Have a good day :)
Renumi
suffocating while im still breathing
Weber

Ambrew wrote:

Abysmal.
are you gonna do something about it or
nextplay
MY SONG IS SHIT Nice Tag xd
Seni

Weber wrote: