Extension has passed.

Submissions are due on Sunday, May 1!
Sleep Powder
Good, I just needed 1 day though lol

Recording tomorrow...
Lanttu
I'd really love to see some bolded names... ;u;
alvisto
OMG I missed this because I just finished my exam, and I didn't notice there is season 3...

Any chance that you would lemme enter this competition please ? xD Cause previously I was on osu!idol season 2, but then that season was dropped halfway D:

Please~~ Thanks :3

EDIT : Oops, just noticed that 1 round has already been over. xD sorry xD
rust45
Ohhhh, so close to the deadline, the tension is killing me!

Also, you're going to use my re-submission right? Cause my first one was horrible compared to that one.
Krisom
Please don't tell me only 9 people sent their submissions in time :<
Xgor

Krisom wrote:

Please don't tell me only 9 people sent their submissions in time :<
I did at least send in time so at least 10 sent them in
Apex_old
I want to join this contest, but I don't have a microphone, s**t.
Anyways, I'd sing "Not Afraid", "Love the Way You Lie", or "Gold Digger"
rust45
*Knock Knock*
Heelllloooo, is dkun home?
Garven
Still have to wait on judges, I'm sure.

Things'll resolve themselves like it did in the last one, don't worry~
Sleep Powder
Results almost done yet?

Oh, we get commentary this round too.
Lanttu

animask wrote:

Oh, we get commentary this round too.
We do? Oh boy oh boy oh boy~ /me runs around in circles
Krisom

Lanttu wrote:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy~ /me runs around in circles
What she said
Beuchi
Uh, just saying this so you guys don't get too hype x3;

Apparently dkun didn't send the songs yet (either that or I didn't receive them, if you already sent them dkun please send me again thanks <3) sooo you'll have to wait a bit more :(
Garven
I wasn't supposed to be correct in my prediction. ;_;
Sleep Powder
Hope this doesn't turn out like osu!Idol 2 :(
OzzyOzrock
COME ON SONNNNNNNN
Topic Starter
dkun
Entries will be sent out.

Sorry for the long delay.
I am not dead.
Sleep Powder

dkun wrote:

I am not dead.
You're dead to me now. Dead.
SargentPie
Um...

I already sent you a link to my voice clip.
why isn't my name in bold?
Do you need a link to the clip again?
Please, I don't wanna be kicked out of this...
alvisto

dkun wrote:

I am not dead.
Did you receive my PM of plea ? :roll: LOL :twisted:

>///<

orz
Krisom
<- Nervous
HOW ARE THE JUDGES GOING D:?!??!
Beuchi

Krisom wrote:

<- Nervous
HOW ARE THE JUDGES GOING D:?!??!
I won't say anything, because you'll kill someone if you discover that dkun didn't sent the entries yet.

Oops :roll:
Lanttu

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Oops :roll:
oh COME ON ALREADY~ D: Kills all the fun when we have to wait three weeks for the results... ;__;
Sleep Powder
This is lasting a lot less than the previous osu!Idol...
OzzyOzrock
VES QUE PASA?
Sleep Powder
If this gets to nowhere, I'm hosting the next osu!Idol.
Nekoroll

animask wrote:

If this gets to nowhere, I'm hosting the next osu!Idol.
If this gets to nowhere, I'm judging the next osu!Idol because I'm reliable, critical, and pretty much will have nothing else to do with my time.
Garven
I'll run one at the same time. Twice the chance for failure and less time wasted~
Krisom
Y'know, you might want to reveal the first theme so at least we can start recording.
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

Y'know, you might want to reveal the first theme so at least we can start recording.
First one is always free choice...
KoromoAmae
If you're still waiting on a single judge, then drop that judge. His punctuality is unacceptable.

If the judges are still waiting on the host to provide the mp3s, then somebody needs to make a new competition, because that is equally unacceptable.

/sounding like a douche
Lanttu
or maybe get a new host to take care of this competition? Because it's been only 2 rounds yet... ;u;

and I really don't want to start YET ANOTHER osu!idol when the last 2 i've entered turned out like this... . . . .
KoromoAmae

Lanttu wrote:

or maybe get a new host to take care of this competition? Because it's been only 2 rounds yet... ;u;

and I really don't want to start YET ANOTHER osu!idol when the last 2 i've entered turned out like this... . . . .
Having someone else take over an already-ongoing competition would be logistically ridiculously difficult to do, but given that only the preliminary is done so far, it might work.

Personally, I was thinking of making a "karaoke grand prix", with 4 judges, which would work as follows:
Each judge ranks the contestants in points from x (the number of contestants) to 1, from best to worst. Each contestant's score per round would be the average of the 4 judges' ranking. Rather than eliminating people, I'd like to do a mario kart style, where points simply carry over each round. That way more people can still participate for fun, and there isn't the stress factor of "I might be knocked out this week!" Each round would be one week long, themed, with no deadline extentions, and if you miss a round you simply get a 0 that carries over into the next. Judges would have 3 days to submit their scoring, and if they aren't on time, they're disregarded for that round. Meanwhile contestants can still carry on with the next theme since there is no elimination. I was thinking 8 weeks would be a decent length, and I'll personally sponsor a 6 month supporter status for the winner if it takes off.

Given that it's been nearly two weeks since submissions were due for osu idol, and we haven't heard back yet, I'm ready to go ahead with this new format if people are interested. Let me know through either PMs or posts, and I'll check daily to decide whether we have enough interest. If it does take off, I will be personally participating, since this is for fun after all, but leaving the judging of my recordings to the other 3 judges.
ddrXero64
I missed the start of this season? FUUU

I would love to know if this is active, and if not when the next one will be. I can't stand when a major game is started and just dropped (sorry, just being honest). If this is becoming inactive for some reason, I highly suggest someone start a new one with active people.

Also because I want to enter this so badly lol. But either way there is validity to what I'm saying (I hope).

Edit

@KoromoAmae: Genius, I gotta say. The idea of people not worrying about getting knocked sounds so much better, I support this idea 100%!
Sleep Powder
@KoromoAmae

This was suggested before (if not then it was just me). A non-elimination game would be great, but the amount of recordings to judge was the main issue. Your idea is well structured, but if 12 people (or more) with 2 1/2 minute entries would take a lot of time to judge. I would suggest using something like upppy or puush so the judges don't need to download anything (I used MediaFire at first then switched lol). I'd be glad to host and gather some judges (possibly the same ones).
Curisu
lol
Lanttu
KokoroAmae; Oh yes please<3 *u*
SargentPie
THIS IS GETTING STUPID
ddrXero64
Then I would suggest someone reputable at least make a thread and get it started. This isn't official I suppose, the judges shouldn't have to be the same or reviewed, I wouldn't mind who judged, and I prefer that all kinds of people judging, old/new people, all musical tastes, etc. I just want to start seeing what I'll have to do. At this rate not much will happen.
show more