Topic Starter
Buster
Why are you guys hating old beatmaps
There not bad and there pretty nostalgic if your a old player
i hate no idea why new players hate old beatmaps
Yuudachi-kun
I like 2008 maps
TakuMii
A lot of them were actually bad though. The ranking criteria was a lot looser back in the '00s, so a lot of crap managed to make its way through. As for new players hating on perfectly fine old beatmaps: they're probably just bad at reading.
repr1se

YayMii wrote:

A lot of them were actually bad though. The ranking criteria was a lot looser back in the '00s, so a lot of crap managed to make its way through. As for new players hating on perfectly fine old beatmaps: they probably just bad at reading.
PinkNightmares
Because people can't read.
Bara-
They're boring
Some maps are called insane, while they are just circles places only on the beat without any jumps, and not making sense. And the hitsounds are crappy too
And then there are CS6 hards and CS8 Insanes which also doesn't play that nice...
O-Moei
I like old reading maps 😄 i like EZ😍 i like FL 😚. New maps nowaday driving new players to newer era that they would not understand how artistic on playing old maps 😅

Yeah well, it's only about their own taste anyway. They are free to like or hate whatever they want. None of our business anyway xD

Me ?, Ill keep playing EZ on every beatmaps (old or new) as it is my favourite lol
Catgirl
the only old maps i dislike are easy/normal difficulties. honestly so many of them have rhythms that either don't make sense or aren't intuitive to hit for that difficulty level. another problem is symmetry was huge back then so a lot of times you'll see very large jumps on easy difficulties that just don't fit at all.

for most insane difficulties and higher, i do enjoy a lot of older maps because they give a different kind of challenge in playing than the maps nowadays give. some are bad of course, but the ones that are good really seem to stand out as being different, and that's what i like about them.
Caput Mortuum
Depends on what old are we talking about

If it's from the beginning to about 2011 maybe
I hate them
I despise them

They're either only following vocals for the entire song, has unreasonably low (by current standards) ar, insane sv, small cs, bad hitsounding, or weird sliders
Frikandel
Some old maps are alot of fun. A bit hard to read sometimes.
Risa
Old maps and their highly linear patterns may not be the most fun to play but i definitely find them way more fun than the mindless jumps that most of today's maps are.
I Give Up
I like map play all map
Pemlory
Old maps usually are not jumpy and mainly focus on vocal or the rythm or both. maps nowadays are more into jumps , usually with ar 9 but nowadays new player are aiming at like above ar9. as a new player (2 years playing is still a new player just my opinion) i don't find old now new maps are perfect, it's okay to hate them both type of maps have their flaw, old maps have bad hitsound (that is around 2008-2012 maps), weird spacing and kinda corny circles pattern. modern maps have bad timing during jumps which is pretty much common, usually they got inspired by modern famous mapper laphpnya maps or skystar,etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-rpITOchk <-- that one is the example about his opinion and other mapper opinion mapping nowadays.
it is funny to see player nowadays say "old maps are easy but they can't play it properly" or "they are old not worthy" well at least that's an opinion.

If you always stay at you comfort zone, you won't improve at all. you behavour toward the game and player in it will affect your skillwise

stay calssy circle people and have fun :)
pandaBee
Are you a necromancer?
beanbox88
Most maps focus on jumps nowadays. So when newer players find that they can't FC 1 or 2 star maps first try they become frustrated. Old maps hard harder to read and are usually very linear. Focusing on vocal rhythms rather than the drum beat.

This is coming from someone who currently hates old beatmaps right now, but I am trying to beat some of them with little success.
abraker
don't necro