forum

How to improve aim :<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ngungodandon
My aiming skill seems suck.WHen i jump and there're about 3-5 circles most of the time 1-2 cirlces will be missed,and i cant do anything about it beside training alot and even saving up for a mech key,nothing change. (I have been playing for about nearly one year) Is it normal with my level or that is just "im suck"?
Tks a lot :D
Oh and how to improve stamina with a girl's hand :?
repr1se
You're seeing the pattern as a single motion. Break it down into individual jumps, and read each jump. Use Half Time if you have to.

As for stamina, play full size maps. I see a lot of TV Size maps and DT maps on your top plays. Those will help your speed and jumps, but not your stamina. Once again, full size maps (3 to 4 minutes). Try marathons too, and play them all the way through.
Yolshka
I read everything individually and still miss half the jumps.
repr1se

Yolshka wrote:

Change sensitivity or use letterboxing. A brighter cursor can help too, if you don't know where the cursor is.
Rektango
stamina?
play more

seriously tho play more jumpy and longer maps
c-atsuit
whats the difference between a girls hand and a guys hand anyways
repr1se

c-atsuit wrote:

One beats meat, the other tenderizes meat.
vinnicci
Idk but square jump practice maps are good aim and rhythm training.
N0thingSpecial
Play longer maps, train your consistency, don't mash, have a healthy diet, quit the game, go to school/get a job, fall in love, get married, have a family, grow old, die peacefully.
Zain Sugieres

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play longer maps, train your consistency, don't mash, have a healthy diet, quit the game, go to school/get a job, fall in love, get married, have a family, grow old, die peacefully.
Instructions not clear, dick stuck in the microwave
dung eater
Try to concentrate on every circle. Try playing higher cs and lower ar maps.
wajinshu
playmore
Sayorie
Play more, or pray more to the RNG gods. yes, aim is rng too
Frikandel
Play longer maps just above your skill level, don't retry when you miss.
deidarabochi
relax mode can be good for focusing aim. try playing maps 1-2 stars higher difficulty than the standard difficulty you play at on relax mode (preferrably a jumpy map) to practice aiming. HT is also an option, and since HT makes the map longer it somewhat helps practice stamina too

a tip I could give is maybe try watching the specific area of the screen where you hit the jumpy circles instead of watching the whole screen. focusing on an area of the screen helps you more accurately hit circles in that area, while hinders you from seeing things outside the area of the screen. eventually youll get the hang of it and start hitting jumpier patterns.

ultimately its just practice practice practice
Kirito104

ngungodandon wrote:

My aiming skill seems suck.WHen i jump and there're about 3-5 circles most of the time 1-2 cirlces will be missed,and i cant do anything about it beside training alot and even saving up for a mech key,nothing change. (I have been playing for about nearly one year) Is it normal with my level or that is just "im suck"?
Tks a lot :D
Oh and how to improve stamina with a girl's hand :?
Seriously, play more, learn more and stop complaning
Spooky_Myon
Just find a method that works for you, for me I force my brain to move my mouse to jump accurately to that area until it becomes muscle memory, not sure if that works for you but still worth a try?

But if you are jumping on a map that has high speed, of course there is a higher chance for you to miss, so hence practice jumps with lower speed maps first if that is the problem.

If you want a list of good jump maps, here are the list of them.
Lagel

repr1se wrote:

c-atsuit wrote:

One beats meat, the other tenderizes meat.
I think you mean one kills the chicken while the other stuffs it
Topic Starter
ngungodandon
thanks a lot everyone ^^
Topic Starter
ngungodandon

repr1se wrote:

Yolshka wrote:

Change sensitivity or use letterboxing. A brighter cursor can help too, if you don't know where the cursor is.
I throught letterboxing increases tablet's latency :?
CXu

deidarabochi wrote:

relax mode can be good for focusing aim. try playing maps 1-2 stars higher difficulty than the standard difficulty you play at on relax mode (preferrably a jumpy map) to practice aiming. HT is also an option, and since HT makes the map longer it somewhat helps practice stamina too

a tip I could give is maybe try watching the specific area of the screen where you hit the jumpy circles instead of watching the whole screen. focusing on an area of the screen helps you more accurately hit circles in that area, while hinders you from seeing things outside the area of the screen. eventually youll get the hang of it and start hitting jumpier patterns.

Maybe it depends on each player, but I wouldn't recommend using relax for anything other than relaxing. The thing with aiming is that it's very much tied together with your tapping hand, and using relax means just grazing the note will let you hit it. In actual gameplay, you have to make sure your cursor is over the note at the time you're tapping, which relax will not help you with at all. This might result in more fling-cursor-around rather than actually getting better at aiming.

Reading each note individually or breaking them up into 2 or 3 notes at a time helps, but there's nothing wrong with reading patterns as a whole either, as long as it works out for you. Maybe it's because I started playing quite a while ago, but I still rely on pattern recognition a lot when reading, rather than reading individual notes. Other than that, play some jumpy maps (that you enjoy playing regardless of what you do. Jump training maps tend to get boring after a while. It really helps a lot if you're playing mostly because you enjoy the song/map, and the training part is secondary. This way getting better never becomes a chore, and is mostly just an added bonus to having fun.) and watch your own replays afterwards to see what it is you're doing wrong (are you misaiming? moving your cursor away too fast from the note? Tapping too early/late? Stuff like that) and then try play the same map again, but use what you learned to readjust yourself on the jumps you just missed. If you hit them, remember the feeling of how your hand moved and syncronized with each other. One thing that helps building muscle memory is doing it right, and then remembering how to do it, as opposed to just playing a bunch of maps and hope your hand just gets better after a while from doing the wrong thing over and over.

Alternatively, grind tag4's until you win.

Edit: If you can't disable aero in windows (which you can't in w8 or w10 afaik) you need to run osu! in fullscreen. You can use letterboxing while in fullscreen anyway, so latency shouldn't be a problem.
Aktsumi
relax will hurt you in the long run I find it pretty difficult to snap to the notes when I play on relax
Topic Starter
ngungodandon

CXu wrote:

deidarabochi wrote:

Maybe it depends on each player, but I wouldn't recommend using relax for anything other than relaxing. The thing with aiming is that it's very much tied together with your tapping hand, and using relax means just grazing the note will let you hit it. In actual gameplay, you have to make sure your cursor is over the note at the time you're tapping, which relax will not help you with at all. This might result in more fling-cursor-around rather than actually getting better at aiming.

Reading each note individually or breaking them up into 2 or 3 notes at a time helps, but there's nothing wrong with reading patterns as a whole either, as long as it works out for you. Maybe it's because I started playing quite a while ago, but I still rely on pattern recognition a lot when reading, rather than reading individual notes. Other than that, play some jumpy maps (that you enjoy playing regardless of what you do. Jump training maps tend to get boring after a while. It really helps a lot if you're playing mostly because you enjoy the song/map, and the training part is secondary. This way getting better never becomes a chore, and is mostly just an added bonus to having fun.) and watch your own replays afterwards to see what it is you're doing wrong (are you misaiming? moving your cursor away too fast from the note? Tapping too early/late? Stuff like that) and then try play the same map again, but use what you learned to readjust yourself on the jumps you just missed. If you hit them, remember the feeling of how your hand moved and syncronized with each other. One thing that helps building muscle memory is doing it right, and then remembering how to do it, as opposed to just playing a bunch of maps and hope your hand just gets better after a while from doing the wrong thing over and over.

Alternatively, grind tag4's until you win.

Edit: If you can't disable aero in windows (which you can't in w8 or w10 afaik) you need to run osu! in fullscreen. You can use letterboxing while in fullscreen anyway, so latency shouldn't be a problem.
Im using a CTH 490,and have heard lots of people said that it has some latency issues...Is it okay to play with it?
CXu
To be fair, until you reach a fairly high level it doesn't even matter that much. I played with input latency for like 5 or 6 years without even noticing.