forum

200k-100k rank tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yell0w
I just passed 100k by playing tournament pool maps, I hope it's ok though ^^
arcsec
screw it, who wants to team? Because I cba to ask any of my friends, they'll probably be too busy anyway, and plus, this would be nice to do before my summer holidays are out ;-;
Melli

ArmandasxLT wrote:

I just passed 100k by playing tournament pool maps, I hope it's ok though ^^
We count the rank in the moment of registration, also you ranked by playing the map pool and not by pp farming. So you can play with no problems.
Topic Starter
Deivedux
Here you can find player's rules.
arcsec

Krazyninja024 wrote:

Man just realized I'm gonna have to wake up before 10 because of the different time zones to get ready for the tournament lol.
still looking for that other guy? cause I'm up to play with anyone tbh :)
m0rsumbra

Le Pare Repe wrote:

Krazyninja024 wrote:

Man just realized I'm gonna have to wake up before 10 because of the different time zones to get ready for the tournament lol.
still looking for that other guy? cause I'm up to play with anyone tbh :)
Most likely I'm playing with [ Canada ] just add me and we can play in the next tourney lol.
mitkins
Hello everyone, I'm just a random person on osu XD but I play at least 2 1/2 hours of osu a day at the very least. I try to do 1-2 hours before school, and another 1-2 hours after school practicing. I'm not that very good at this game but I'm wondering if there is anyone who would like to partner up, and not just for this tourney but I would like some people to practice with me who Are around my rank so we can have fun sharing good beatmaps and progress together. You don't have to be as dedicated as I am, but for anyone who's willing to be super dedicated I'll reciprocate the hard work. Thank you for time :)
Gordon

deivedux wrote:

Is this for real?
I've changed my mind. I'm overbooked with other things. Ignore my submission to the tournament.
Topic Starter
Deivedux
Guys! Important message: https://www.twitch.tv/deivedux/v/86608479
Another quick thing: Melli will be joining me as the hosting support. If you have any questions before or while in-tournament you can also ask him for some answers.
Topic Starter
Deivedux
Can we guys get 2 more teams by the end of register session?
[ Canada ]
KrazyNinja and I are working on a teamname at the moment. Will Signup soon!
m0rsumbra
Can I get a list of the teams that will be playing? I need to make sure I don't choose a name that's already been done.
Topic Starter
Deivedux
I just made my last edit on the main post. Please read it!
Melli

deivedux wrote:

Another quick thing: Melli will be joining me as the hosting support. If you have any questions before or while in-tournament you can also ask him for some answers.
That's right ^^
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Melli wrote:

deivedux wrote:

Another quick thing: Melli will be joining me as the hosting support. If you have any questions before or while in-tournament you can also ask him for some answers, but he doesn't know as much answers as me.
Mate, so rude :D
I'm crying my soul :(
Uhm.. Didn't know you wouldn't want that...
ninguri
im down for this, let's go
ninguri
Cassie_HU and I in for the win mouses :^)
Hasert
is it a 200k-100k average rank tourney? or must every player be within the range? If it's the former, would anyone want to team up with me (#88932 may drop to #80k)
lolol234

Hasert wrote:

is it a 200k-100k average rank tourney? or must every player be within the range? If it's the former, would anyone want to team up with me (#88932 may drop to #80k)
you definitely have to drop, i'm about 93k and i barely qualify. op?
Hasert
I'm asking whether i could get a guy thats >#120k which would make our average within 100k
ninguri
to make this a little interesting how about 1st and 2nd place can get 1 month osu supp?
if not that's fine but it's just a suggestion :3
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Microsoft Edge wrote:

to make this a little interesting how about 1st and 2nd place can get 1 month osu supp?
That's a great idea, but we don't have money to donate to peppy and I don't want to ask his staff group to be participating in hosting this tournament to give it for free.
ninguri

deivedux wrote:

Microsoft Edge wrote:

That's a great idea, but we don't have money to donate to peppy and I don't want to ask his staff group to be participating in hosting this tournament to give it for free.
Ahh that's completely fine.
Still can't wait to compete, thanks for hold this tourney :3
lolol234
just to clarify, freemod means at least one of your team members has to choose at least one mod right?
Aelin
I'm here, Microsoft Edge and I gonna rek.

Probably not. I'm hyped.
Melli

mus1cholic wrote:

just to clarify, freemod means at least one of your team members has to choose at least one mod right?
For freemod you will be able to play with every mod you want or without it, it's all your choice. Also the tiebreaker will be freemod and will follow all the same rules.
Yell0w

Melli wrote:

mus1cholic wrote:

For freemod you will be able to play with every mod you want or without it, it's all your choice. Also the tiebreaker will be freemod and will follow all the same rules.
Sooo, can you use DT in free mod? Just interested
Melli

ArmandasxLT wrote:

No, you can't. It's not an our rule, it's that osu! it's done this way. Only host can set DT, in freemod you won't be even able to see the DT button.
Yell0w

Melli wrote:

ArmandasxLT wrote:

No, you can't. It's not an our rule, it's that osu! it's done this way. Only host can set DT, in freemod you won't be even able to see the DT button.
Idk, I don't play mp often
Aelin
So are warmups freemod?
Melli

Cassie_HU wrote:

So are warmups freemod?
Yes, all warm-ups will be freemod.
inv41idu53rn4m3
I just remembered something that really could hurt me during a tournament. When playing singleplayer it's just very annoying but in mp it's pretty deadly. I have this problem with my tablet drivers that they sometimes randomly stop responding for a little while (30sec - 2min) and that could really well lose a match for our team.

I guess there's no way to rematch if a piece of equipment fails so I'll just have try to fix it before tomorrow right?

EDIT: Just so you know, I was reminded of this issue today while practicing one of the tourney maps. I was FCing it nicely when my cursor just slowed down and stopped.
m0rsumbra

inv41idu53rn4m3 wrote:

I just remembered something that really could hurt me during a tournament. When playing singleplayer it's just very annoying but in mp it's pretty deadly. I have this problem with my tablet drivers that they sometimes randomly stop responding for a little while (30sec - 2min) and that could really well lose a match for our team.

I guess there's no way to rematch if a piece of equipment fails so I'll just have try to fix it before tomorrow right?

EDIT: Just so you know, I was reminded of this issue today while practicing one of the tourney maps. I was FCing it nicely when my cursor just slowed down and stopped.
Actually, I think I can fix that! Go into your tablet driver settings and turn off the tabletpc setting. Go into osu and also turn it off. I had the same problem but when I did that it worked fine! Good luck!
Topic Starter
Deivedux

inv41idu53rn4m3 wrote:

For Tournament Staff members there is also an abort command to abort the match you are currently playing. So if this will happen at the start of the match, we will be able to abort it if needed and then wait until your drivers will start working again. But if this happens in the middle of the match or even at the end of it, then it won't be fair aborting it for others.
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Melli wrote:

ArmandasxLT wrote:

Even if there will be freemod available, you still won't see DT in your mods list. It's not because of the tournament, it's because of the game itself. So, for example, you put DT and any other people will play without DT, so you will just finish playing all a lot faster than any other person. So peppy made that if you want to play with DT, then it's for the whole lobby or totally without it.