forum

Shihoko Hirata - Reach Out to the Truth

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yunacat
Finished my difficulty! There's only one thing about it though. I changed the offset to 575. Try it! D: I was about to post what I had before but I saw Zekira's post about the offset and realized it wasn't changed at all. I tried the offset, but it 1) messes what I made up, 2) comes on the kiai, not the first notes, and 3) since it skips the first note, anything before the offset is adjusted improperly o-O I looked at the other difficulties and they pretty much start on the same note mine does (and similarly at that) so 575 seems to work well. Not that the other one was entirely wrong, it's just this one works a whole lot better.

Also, side note: I agree with Giorgos on the "ninja spinner" in Hard. I'd put a slider or something there. The spinner is just too short/fast... I understand why it's there, but yeah... x:

(A mod and a difficulty in one post?)

Anyway, here's mine!

Download: Shoji Meguro - Reach Out to the Truth (NoHItter) [Yuna's Taiko].osu
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Added Yuna's Taiko.
Waiting for animask's diff.
DJPop
~Easy~
Fine.

~Normal~
00:01:289 (3) - make the curve more smooth

~Hard~
01:02:348 (4) - make the curve more smooth

Taiko is fine.

+Star
Sleep Powder
HellDawn
8-)
Louis Cyphre
Artist - Shihoko Hirata, not Shoji Meguro
Topic Starter
NoHitter

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Artist - Shihoko Hirata, not Shoji Meguro
The composer of the song was Shoji Meguro.
Shihoko Hirata just sang the song. I also added Shihoko Hirata in the Tags.
Selee
In osu, I believe, the vocal should be the artist instead of composer.
Louis Cyphre
DistopiaGround, music by Demetori, that means that Demetori is the artist? Nope. Change to Shihoko Hirata please.
Shiro
Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what youy did) and why. Remember these are all suggestions.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game :)

General
  1. The timing felt really off while testplaying. Unfortunately, I find it fine in the editor, so I can't help =x
Easy
  1. The difficulty settings seem rather high for an Easy. Mind reducing them a bit ? =x
  2. The slider tick rate is too high and the slider speed too low. This results in invisible ticks (like 00:11:878 (2) - ). Change the tick rate to 1 ?
  3. I find the hitsounds to be quite loud.
Normal
  1. 00:00:584 (1,2) - What a difficult beginning for a Normal o.o starting off with stacked 1/2 at 170 BPM is rather harsh... If you want to keep the 1/2, at least make a slider.
  2. 00:10:466 (2) - The two repeats might surprise (they did surprise me)... Maybe try making a pattern that warns there are four beats so the next repeat sliders are less surprising ?
  3. 00:26:878 (1,2,1) - That's very nazi, but they aren't spaced evenly. It made me hesitate while playing, I thought the rhythm was 3/2.
Hard
Seems fine. I find it really hard for a Hard, but it's just an opinion.

Insane
seems fine

Yuna's Taiko
Topic Starter
NoHitter

Odaril wrote:

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what youy did) and why. Remember these are all suggestions.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game :)

General
  1. The timing felt really off while testplaying. Unfortunately, I find it fine in the editor, so I can't help =x I should get someone else to check it then.

Easy
  1. The difficulty settings seem rather high for an Easy. Mind reducing them a bit ? =x -1 to all of them except Circle Size
  2. The slider tick rate is too high and the slider speed too low. This results in invisible ticks (like 00:11:878 (2) - ). Change the tick rate to 1 ? Done
  3. I find the hitsounds to be quite loud. They're the same hitsounds with the other diffs.
Normal
  1. 00:00:584 (1,2) - What a difficult beginning for a Normal o.o starting off with stacked 1/2 at 170 BPM is rather harsh... If you want to keep the 1/2, at least make a slider. Changed to slider.
  2. 00:10:466 (2) - The two repeats might surprise (they did surprise me)... Maybe try making a pattern that warns there are four beats so the next repeat sliders are less surprising ? I think they're fine. Normals should add a little bit of difficulty.
  3. 00:26:878 (1,2,1) - That's very nazi, but they aren't spaced evenly. It made me hesitate while playing, I thought the rhythm was 3/2. Fixed. Didn't see that xD
Hard
Seems fine. I find it really hard for a Hard, but it's just an opinion.

Insane
seems fine

Yuna's Taiko
SapphireGhost
Hi there! Please feel free to have a very happy and energetic super fun mod of yumminess! We're here to make your day better!

[Easy]
01:24:937 (4) - This slider slightly overlaps with (3) and is really close to going off-screen, so if you could put it somewhere else that would be cool.

The rest looks really cool! So have a delicious five-pointed twinkly object! Have an optimistic and WONDERFUL day ~
JoJo
That's a little challenging to mod an MAT's map.xD
So I guess just some suggestions.

Red-You must fix it.
Blue-You'd better to fix it.
Black-Suggestion only.

[Easy]
Just some spacing problems imo, feel free to ignore them.
00:05:878 (2,1) - 1.24x
00:59:525 (2,1) - 1.22x
01:10:819 (2,1) - 1.34x
01:22:113 (2,1) - 1.22x

[Hard]
AR+1 imo.

[Yuna's Taiko]
The only thing mentioned me : SliderMultiplier 1.40000000596046 ? (Open osu file in text mode)

Don't like nazi so no grid mod.

Good map~ Can't find something more. @.@

No kds.
Star ~ ></
al2e10
For mod4mod.
And I told you, you found me on my mod queue before you are MAT. =]

[Insane]
00:36:231 (7-2nd) - Finish?
00:58:642 (7) - The finish of the slider isn't right on the top of 00:57:407 (1).
01:16:113 (10-2nd) - Finish sound better.
01:25:819 (1) - Finish is better? Like Hard.

[Hard]
00:06:584 (5) - Remove finish
01:16:113 (10-2nd) - Finish sound better, like Insane

The finish started on 00:20:878 to 00:42:937 is putting missy. It is my felling but doesn't have much problem.

[All]
You did much better than when I quited a period.
Love it. And good luck STAR.
(After that, I think it is not enough to get a mod4mod)
arien666
[Easy]
:3

[Normal]

[Hard]
[Talked on IRC] 00:12:054 (5) - [Nazi] How about move 1 grid right?

[Insane]

[Yuna's Taiko]
00:08:701 (12) - kat?
00:11:525 (10) - kat?
00:17:172 (10) - ^
00:53:172 (26) - ^
00:54:937 - Don't cut Kiai please :3
01:03:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18) - Spinner would be better ;_;
01:05:348 - Move this Kiai end into 01:06:231
01:11:525 (30) - kat?
01:34:466 - Reduce volume little ;_;?

meow :3
Yunacat
Arien!!! :3

I changed some of the hitsounds you mentioned except the repeated one (it doesn't sound right with a kat, the others do though). I already mentioned the kiai time wasn't set by me. I don't think I should change it. I did change the really long stream of notes into a spinner cuz it did work better. I reduced the volume at the end for the spinner, and in the end changed the parts with max volume down just a little because it all sounded too loud.

Joshua, I fixed the slider in the .osu file, though it seems to be a common thing the editor does to files (after glancing around a bit). Doesn't really change anything though. ;P

Download: Shihoko Hirata - Reach Out to the Truth (NoHItter) [Yuna's Taiko].osu
arien666
meow is meow
and nyan is nyan
But where's bubble?

/me seeks somewhere ;_;
James2250
All the maps check out nicely, the only concern I have is the Taiko map continues on slightly into the fade out at the end of the mp3 which doesn't sound great while playing. You might want to consider ending that difficulty slightly earlier.

(Wondered what happened to animask's difficulty too)
Call me back after any fixes and I will rank~
Yunacat
The only thing I hear that might go into the fade-out is the spinner (which fades out too). Could you clarify what point you are referring to, James?
Topic Starter
NoHitter

James2250 wrote:

All the maps check out nicely, the only concern I have is the Taiko map continues on slightly into the fade out at the end of the mp3 which doesn't sound great while playing. You might want to consider ending that difficulty slightly earlier.

(Wondered what happened to animask's difficulty too)
Call me back after any fixes and I will rank~
FWIW, I think it sounds fine.
It's up to Yunacat though whether to change or not.
James2250
Yeah I was mainly talking about the spinner, I am guessing you want to keep it as it is then? (which is fine)
Yunacat
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it. o-o
James2250
Ok, sorry for the slightly late reply but if you are fine with the end of taiko then everything looks good

Ranked~
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Just woke up to see this.
Faust
Only Insane appears to be ranked. Bug or some shitty problem with ranking? Could be one and the same, and maybe it's just me.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Oddly enough, yes it does seem that Insane is the only one ranked...
ouranhshc
oh okay, faust aalready mentioned it. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't going crazy
James2250
Reranked~

(Not exactly sure what caused the problem, might of been a database glitch but should all be fixed now)
Louis Cyphre
gratz! Well i'm a bit sad that you cut mp3 =_=
but good job anyway! :3