forum

Favorite pokemon game

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chaosemerald
Pokémon HeartGold would be my all-time fave, probably because it was my first Pokémon game. It also has one of the best OSTs ever
Rurree
Emerald and Black 2 probably, for me.
Catgirl
pokemon sucks

trust me, i've played enough of it to know

i still like crystal and HG/SS the most casually. emerald and platinum are right behind that. though i still enjoy gen 1 a lot because i know more about the games than 99.999% of people do.
Pachiru
Pokémon Go
Agatsu
^
420Guy
Probably Pokemon Gold and Silver edition.
Old good times.
Hyperstorm723
Gold silver and crystal are the best for me
Tornado
I always wished that Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Firered maps could be mixed together.

That would be so sick
Stefan
I am surprised that you guys don't consider the newer generations. For me at least Omega Ruby is my favorite, it used to be Sapphire but yeah. After all I prefer the new things like physical/special attacks and the choice of pokemon you have.
Endaris
Definitely Pokemon Puzzle League.
Pokemon Snap was also great.
From the handheld-editions I find it difficult to favor specific ones. Probably Crystal? I really like the new combatsystem from Gen 4+5 but in terms of the amount of Pokemon it starts to become too much (and I despise the mega-evolution concept) and Crystal was superb with that multiregion-approach. That being said, I never got to play the remakes of the 2nd Gen so I might like those even more.
The more defensive metagame in the first 3 gens also appears more attractive to me when looking at competitive.
raririn
White 2 and HeartGold ~
I prefer HG/SS rather G/S/C because there is a better version of BGM of Route 201 than in D/P/Pt xD
Also the GB player in HG/SS is quite good as it contains some 8-bit BGM even if it didn't appear in gen-2 games.
I personally do not like OR/AS :/
Renzu
R/S/E
J25_games
Pokemon yellow is the only one I played
Aline
Crystal and Heart Gold/Soul Silver <3
mancuso_JM_
I really like HG/SS, I really want a new Pokemon game with 2 regions. I really like those special events and the last battle is great.

I also like 5th generation games, their stories are fantastic to me.
Izzywing
Conquest and Black 2 / White 2 are my favorites, but considering I love pretty much all the games a ton that's not saying much
johnmedina999
Pokémon Emerald. It was the first one I played and still go back to playing it. Gen 3 overall is my favorite, really. I still have the green cartridge (though no gameboy to play it on).
bobbathan
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Probably because that was my first. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize that there were games and I thought that it was just a TV show and when I saw Diamond on the store shelf for the first time I thought to myself, "Wait, they made Pokémon into a game?! I need it!!!" Replayed it last year and it brought back a lot of old memories.
KemZii
Pokemon Silver!!!
My first and BEST pokemon game
LittlePogi
Kirika
Heart Gold and Soul Silver are probably the best. I cannot recall a game with two regions. Platinum and Diamond hold a special place in my heart too though.
Zhejiang_old
pokemon sapphire and pokemon soul silver
Natu
Crystal
Reverri
  1. Pokemon FireRed
  2. Pokemon Sapphire
  3. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
TeeArctic1
Pokemon DPP was my favourite gen, mostly because one of the starters was a penguin and the soundtrack was sick af

Other than that, I really enjoyed Mystery dungeon: Explorers of sky and HGSS
Asaiga
Pokémon Black White 2
Pokémon Conquest
I Like Shorts
Definitely HG/SS
efina
I only played pokémon black and white and a little bit of pokémon go
I don't really have an opinion on pokémon related subjects anymore but if I had to choose it would be the black and white series
J0nnyB
pokemon yellow the special pikachu edition
Agatsu
bw2
Topic Starter
Buster
wow, I never expect to see this post I made back when I still new to this game
Gemini II
heartgold/soulsilver -> pokemon omega ruby/sapphire -> black/white
Hickacou
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of sky
Virticle_Circle
Pokemon go to the poles
APartOfMe
Black and black 2 were amazing
Kusiu
Pokemon Crystal and Emerald
[Zappy]
I'd say Emerald, so I thoroughly enjoyed ORAS, but gen 5 holds my favorite poke, so I'm pretty torn. S/M; US/UM are fun, but not as much as ORAS, imo.
Aaaaaa, but Sinnoh!
Dammit, I like all of them.
Slyme
Emerald and ORAS are the best..
Wonderswan
gen 5 will always be best gen, tepig will always be best starter
Original Dog
Emerald was my favorite for sure, I'll never forget climbing that tower for Rayquaza in some random restaurant when I was like 6. I think I spent the most time in Diamond though
show more