Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
Azure_Kite

Pyro Wolf wrote:

I've tried it in-store and it made my eyes hurt, so I guess I'm one of those few people that can't use a 3DS. Maybe I'll be able to get one after the price drops or nintendo makes a 2DS

You are aware you can turn 2D off? Why do people think it'll only play games in 3D?
Zetta
I got one for my birthday.

The AR games are amazing, a little FPS laggy if you move too fast though which sucks. You also need a fair bit of light to get them working.

I only have super monkey ball and rayman but they suck. :/

Waiting for Zelda, Dragonquest and pokemanz to be honest.
Topic Starter
Mianki

Zetta wrote:

I got one for my birthday.

The AR games are amazing, a little FPS laggy if you move too fast though which sucks. You also need a fair bit of light to get them working.

I only have super monkey ball and rayman but they suck. :/

Waiting for Zelda, Dragonquest and pokemanz to be honest.
You should have asked for SFIV or Ghost Recon :P
Pyro Wolf_old

Azure_Kyte wrote:

You are aware you can turn 2D off? Why do people think it'll only play games in 3D?
Yeah, I know, I'm just not willing to pay for the extra technology I'm not able to use.
Emilescute
I'll buy it this month probably. Mostly because Tales of the Abyss are said to come out on it and I want the Ocarina of time. Yeah mostly cuz there games i want for it.
rust45
In case you didn't know, the 3DS has an internet browser now. Just have to update to get it. It's kinda hard to type on it though.
Topic Starter
Mianki
I'm soo envious of my friend, who is working for Nintendo Finland and he already has the Ocarina of Time on the 3DS ;_;
Azure_Kite
Messing around with the e-store now.

I have the Pokedex3D and Excitebike (I'm sure like everyone else with a wifi connection)

I find Excitebike's 3D effects a tad underwhelming, as it also zooms out on the screen, reducing it's impact. Oh well.
LuigiHann
I suppose I should have expected a bit less from a "3D Classics" game, but I was hoping that ExciteBike would look more like the ExciteBike visualizer in the 3DS music player. That would have been nice. I think the 3D Classics line will work better with more typical side-scrolling games, rather than isometric ones like ExciteBike.

Got Link's Awakening and Shantae, and a couple of other DSi games. Why did they have to use select+start to load games in the original resolution? Those flat buttons are such a pain to hold down. Any other combination of buttons would have been preferable, or better yet, an actual setting that could be saved. Oye.

The 3D trailers were cool. Looking forward to the new Paper Mario
NoHitter
Tried to out in a shop while I was in Singapore.
My eyes hurts with the 3D. I guess the 3DS is not for me.
Zekira
There's an option to turn the 3D off...
-kevincela-
Well,you need to practice with the 3d,it's normal that the first time your eyes will hurt,but after 2-3 hours,you will see perfectly in 3d!
So,there's no problem if you can't see well the 3d of the 3ds,you just need a bit of practice :D
Topic Starter
Mianki

-kevincela- wrote:

Well,you need to practice with the 3d,it's normal that the first time your eyes will hurt,but after 2-3 hours,you will see perfectly in 3d!
So,there's no problem if you can't see well the 3d of the 3ds,you just need a bit of practice :D
"Getting used to it" would be better way of saying it imo :P
gat1toneku
hmm i'll probably wait for 2 or 3 years and see what games will be there then
also they probably will release a newer and better version of 3ds

same goes with the ps vita
awp
price drop of $80 USD coming August 12th

hooray I wouldn't pay 250 for one but I might pay 170
Ekaru

awp wrote:

price drop of $80 USD coming August 12th

hooray I wouldn't pay 250 for one but I might pay 170
The compensation for us early adopters is 20 free GBA and NES games (50/50 split), BTW. About $50 total was saved over here due to a Target deal anyways. So, 20 free games - all of which are pretty solid first-party titles so far - for $30 is satisfying for me.

Anyways, yes, this was badly needed. $170 is similar to the price of what the various DS models were, so this is a very good price.

P.S. Also, Super Mario 3D Land is confirmed for November, and Mario Kart 7 for December.
Towjow
I bought the 3ds just for The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time, was worth the money. If I was still in LA on the 12th august, I would have totally waited to purchase it on that date.
Azure_Kite
Legend of Zelda has been the most substantial 3DS Purchase I've made so far. It's pretty much had a graphical overhaul (OHGOD TEXTURES) and it includes both the original and Master Quest.

I also got an Ocarina of Time, but no luck playing it, yet.
awp
I plan to get one at that price, but I'm probably just going to play DS games on it for now until Starfox/Cave Story/Mario/Kiddick
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I plan to get one at that price, but I'm probably just going to play DS games on it for now until Starfox/Cave Story/Mario/Kiddick
That's exactly what I've been doing, actually. The circle pad is so much more comfortable than the DS's control pad.
Towjow
I would pay extra 100$ for Camelot to release Golden Sun for 3DS :c That'd made quite a lot people purchase the 3DS I believe.
Azure_Kite
I'm still waiting for Cave Story. That'll be all I play for some time when it's released.

Nintendo Australia wrote:

Nintendo Australia plan to offer an exclusive Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program to consumers who have purchased the Nintendo 3DS at the original launch price. The program will enable those Nintendo 3DS owners to download 10 NES™ games and 10 Game Boy™ and Game Boy Advance™ games for free from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before the price drop on 12 August. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

1. Starting 1 September, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™ Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.
Well, there's something.
Mogsy
Just got my 3DS. I'm actually very happy about this purchase.
OzzyOzrock
Ahaha! GBA games yeeeaaah!

Super CIcuit go go go racing mario yeah!
07 Ghost
Golden Sun ftw, also hope they release some advanced wars.
mm201
The true, albeit obvious, reason for leaving out the GBA slot revealed.
Drakari_old
I would recommend it if you want the games. I've tried it and the 3D works well (Which is important when you wear prescription glasses, the other alternatives don't fit very well), but it's really just a gimmick that doesn't add a lot to the gameplay. It is nice to look at, but I personally would prefer higher detail over 3D so I'm going with the PSV when it comes out.

Or I may end up getting both, with that price drop I can probably afford it... Cave Story 3D might be worth that. Would be a shame to waste the XL I already have though, maybe there's a good trade-in option somewhere.
awp
apparently I'm immune or at least pretty resistant to 3D headaches. I played for an hour or so and didn't feel anything. Also dicking around on the 3D camera is neat as long as you don't allow common sense to spoil the novelty of it
Haseo_old
I don't approve of Portable 3D Devices. Although it'll be better if it gets shipped to PH bleh.
NoHitter

Haseo wrote:

I don't approve of Portable 3D Devices. Although it'll be better if it gets shipped to PH bleh.
Uhh you can buy a 3DS in the Philippines?
MickX
Initially I got hyped real badly for it, but then it all subsided when the retail prices first popped up. No way in hell I would pay €249,90 for a console that's worth €189 in US currency. The initial list of games didn't please me at all either.

Still not willing to spend my money on it. Maybe once the presumable 3DS Lite comes out... nah, rather wait for the Wii U.
awp
The 3DS is already pretty small - almost uncomfortably so, I'd argue. Very little of the inner surface area is not occupied by screens or buttons
rust45

awp wrote:

The 3DS is already pretty small - almost uncomfortably so, I'd argue. Very little of the inner surface area is not occupied by screens or buttons
Yeah, it's actually about as small as a DS Lite. It's probably a tad bigger but it still fits into my old DS Lite case.
LuigiHann
I doubt they'll do a Lite version specifically, but there'll presumably be a Version 2 of some kind eventually. It's just the way they do handhelds. I do wonder about this one though, just because the 3DS has so under-performed compared to their expectations. I don't know if that suggests a revision sooner or no revision at all, but I imagine it'll have a big impact on their plans one way or the other.
K2J
Azure_Kite
That's not very pretty.
Cookie pro_old
Yes, I buy it already and I and a wonder;) graphics beautifull but the pictures are a little bad and the games you buy them at 50 euros each (that comes to mind issues for the ds 3d r5) :)
awp
The Nintendo Game Gear 3D
K2J
Naw, not a Game Gear...

awp
naw man it has the look and feel of a game gear now
show more