Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
NaomiMinette
Your comp doesn't have an SD card slot?

EDIT: Wait, hold up... Why is only Europe getting this? http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_network_3ds_promotion_to_offer_free_super_mario_bros_deluxe_download_in_europe
Azure_Kite
It's totally to make up for all the awesome games that get to the US that don't make it to Europe.
Trash Boat
CDFA, if your PC doesnt have a SD slot, buy a SD Adapter(its like a pendrive but with an empty space on the other side, to plug the SD card), attach the SD card, insert the adapter in an USB slot, copypaste, switch SD cards, copypaste again and voila. in case your PC doesnt have an USB slot, use another person PC, making sure that its clean
Shohei Ohtani
I found the SD port. This is my brother's laptop that I've been using, so I didn't realize that it had the ability to do that.

yay.

tfw I realize the default SD card is only 2GB
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

It's totally to make up for all the awesome games that get to the US that don't make it to Europe.
I'm still jealous :( I've never finished that game back when I was a kid... I know it's just SMB(1), but those added challenges...

CDFA wrote:

tfw I realize the default SD card is only 2GB
2 GB for normal 3DS's. XL's have a 4 GB. No idea about 2DS's, though.
Azure_Kite
Well, it'll be great for my little brother, I suppose. I never got around to finishing all the Challenges, either (Damn you, Yoshi Eggs)
NaomiMinette
So the Bravely Default demo is out. It's pretty much everything I expected it to be after seeing the videos/Nintendo Directs about it.
gift1992
too bad the you have still to wait for it in the USA, i can say in my opinion its really great.
NaomiMinette
I liked the job system in FFV (not sure which one that would be in other regions, but I hope you get what I mean), so it was interesting seeing it brought back.
Quaraezha
Soaprman
I guess they'll probably be like that in the NA version too. I'm kind of glad they did it just because of all the internet arguments that spawned from it.
gift1992
and best thing is, you can choose between english and japanese voices.
also, i can say that only for the europen version, the game comes in english,german,french,spanish,italian and japanese texts.
NaomiMinette
Hooray, I don't have to listen to horrible dubbing \o/

Jokes aside, does the game have a lot of variety in it? Like I know the demo doesn't show all the classes and stuff, but the battle system gets really bland after a while.
Tsukimi Luna
Screw censorship.....

Looking really forward to it tho

Still playing fire emblem and loving it
And i see Henry
gift1992
hm i'm playing on normal difficulty and to be hones, yes the fights getting bland after a while then you know how to fight you cen win mostly in the first round, and the boss fights are not really challenging, mybe i'm just leveling too much, oh and you unlock the classes through the game, so you will not have all available at the begining, but it maks fun to experiment with different combinations. and i like the characters.
oiiopo
I just got Bravely Default recently and I'm playing through on hard difficulty. I guess if the random battles get tiresome you can just turn them off, but so far the enemies have proven to be a good challenge. I'm loving the boss fights though! There hasn't been one where I didn't get wiped out yet, but I could win just by analysing the boss's behaviour and adjusting my party to compensate. I've never played an RPG which was this strategic before :)
NaomiMinette
Attention all Kirby fans: for those who watched (and liked/loved) Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Nintendo Video is showing a mini special. The first part is out now but probably won't be around for long, so watch it while you can!

(I have no idea if this is only airing at specific regions or not, so please don't ask me!)
[ Dalliance ]
The Bravely Default demo is amazing. I should probably go watch the Kirby video as soon as I can
Critical Dude

Articeo wrote:

The Bravely Default demo is amazing.
Just hearing that reminds me of how I keep telling myself that I'll try the demo but in the end I always delay it or some other topic gets in the way ._.
Tsukimi Luna
I'm in love with Fire Emblem..... I wish i had more friends playing this game with me
Mango
Pokemans X and Y was the whole reason I bought a 3DS. Don't use it much anymore cept for time to time Animal Crossing NL.
NaomiMinette
Figured I should post this here.

The latest Etrian Odyssey game is now going for half off in the eShop. I don't know which regions have this sale, though.
Tsukimi Luna

Wooohooo Finally
I beat the 5 star map and got my limit breaker <3

Limit breakeeeeeeeeeeeeer
I can attempt apotheises soooooon
NaomiMinette
Not sure if anyone would get it, but there will be a Yoshi's New Island bundle that will have a... well... Yoshi's New Island-themed 3DS XL preinstalled with the game. Both the bundle and the game will come out on March 14 for North America and Europe, March 15 for Australia, and sometime during summer for Japan.

Also, for those who don't have a 3DS/3DS XL/2DS yet, now might be a good time to get one, at least starting March. I think it's limited to North American residents, though.
deadbeat
i'm just gonna give this a small bump. got the new Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright game. it's really good. you should all get it!
NaomiMinette
Except I've never played either series... (YES, I KNOW I'M MISSING OUT, BUT I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO RIGHT NOW >_>)

So uhh... without going into too much detail, is anyone getting Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS or Vita) other than me? Just wanted to see if it's worth creating another thread for it or not.
Quaraezha

Blazevoir wrote:

Except I've never played either series... (YES, I KNOW I'M MISSING OUT, BUT I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO RIGHT NOW >_>)

So uhh... without going into too much detail, is anyone getting Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS or Vita) other than me? Just wanted to see if it's worth creating another thread for it or not.
Currently downloading the Demo for the Vita version
Heard a lot about it and the Demo already offers a lot of content.
It has this "Classmating" feature, which should be self-explanatory. :^)

The sequel is not related to the first game story-wise anyway so don't worry about getting the first Conception if you're worried about that.
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I read about that on its wiki. Still a shame the first game never got localized, though :(

Meanwhile, this is some really interesting news.
desudesud
So. Bravely Default. Pretty much best JRPG I've ever played.

sits in corner with nobody to streetpass on BD
Jinxy
I tried the demo for Conception. It's quite good in giving a preview for the important functions, but so many silly innuendos jeez

The combat's not really my thing, and I don't like buying too many game at one go, so I'll forgo it for Layton v.s. Wright
NaomiMinette
Oops... I forgot to mention: if you save after you beat the Conception II demo, you get bonuses that get transferred to the full game. I think they differ depending on which system you get it on, though.
Azure_Kite
It's getting an R18+ Rating here. Is it really that bad/full of innuendo?
NaomiMinette
That's why I said "without going into too much detail" on one of my previous posts. Granted, the demo didn't actually show anything, still...
Ciunek
Isn't Australia pretty strict in their gamechoice though? I still remember stuff like GTA not being available there and wiki lists crapload of other games, too.
Quaraezha
I got to play a bit of the Conception II Demo

The Classmating feature in the game is hilarious.
Classmating
The way it works is that males with high "Ether" classmate with females with high "Star Energy"
The females make a "Star Womb" in which "Star Children" are born
You can then make a team of three Star Children to fight with you in battles.

Now you happen to be a gifted male with an absurdly high ether count
So pretty much all the girls you interact with have the highest Star Energies.
NaomiMinette
You forgot to mention
It's 3 teams of 3 Star Children, and depending on who is paired with who, you can unleash team attacks.
Synchrostar

xVirtualNinjax wrote:

So. Bravely Default. Pretty much best JRPG I've ever played.

sits in corner with nobody to streetpass on BD
then you wireless with me~
bmin11
Sorry for the bump. Thought this thread would be the best to ask for.

I'm thinking of buying a 3DS, but through eBay. Do you guys recommend this? What are the risks and a follow up procedures on said risks? This is my first time trying out eBay, so I'm clueless here.
Azure_Kite
So, is everybody looking forward to the new 3DS?

Features include more powerful hardware, a second (smaller) circle pad for the right hand and ZL and ZR trigger buttons. Did I mention that Xenoblade has been announced as an exclusive for this new iteration?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/xe ... tendo-3ds/

Personally, I'm of two minds in regards to this. Firstly: HELL FUCKING YEAH! PORTABLE XENOBLADE!!!!

Then in the second I'm like: This is exclusive to another device that is being marketed as literally "New 3DS". That's not going to be confusing for consumers or anything.

This also means we could potentially be seeing a dilution of game releases over time for the original 3DS, as developers upscale their games to the new tech. Of course, this may be managed similar to the DSi era of portables, but at present it's sounding more like the transition from Game Boy to Game Boy Color.

Thoughts?
bmin11
Welp, what a timing. A new 3DS announced just as I made a bid on eBay. This really fucked me over. Those new features are big enough to make older models obsolete. It can't be compared to DS -> DSi era. It will literally make a difference in playable games.
show more