Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
Soaprman

Azure_Kite wrote:

My only gripe is that the names for the download titles are inconsistent.

PAL : Nintendo Letter Box
NTSC : Swapnote

PAL : Pullblox
NTSC : Pushmo

seriously, wtf :/
Curious about pushmo... I have the NTSC one and in the game they actually refer to the puzzles as pushmos. Is that name changed in the PAL version?
mm201
3DS doesn't use NTSC or PAL. :?
Soaprman
why you gotta be so technical dog??? sheeeeesh
mm201
Because that misunderstanding vindicates them for using region locking. They get away claiming it to be a format incompatibility instead of "if (Cartridge.Region != ThreeDS.Region) throw new FuckOffException();" which it is.

They also like to claim it's related to parental controls or piracy, which is just bullshit.
Rantai
And here I thought it was all about the money/prices.
mm201
It's a plain mistake they think will make them more money but they're wrong.
Or third parties (guilty of the above mistake) are forcing them. Some combination of the two probably. It's the same flawed reasoning that applies to region locking in general.
Rantai
I read they do (in relation to pricing) it to 'protect' local businesses from imports.

Regardless, it still sucks.
mm201
You mean, the same local businesses who don't make foreign releases, and could multiply their sales by allowing imports?
Rantai
Yeah, those guys.

Silly people.
-kevincela-

Azure_Kite wrote:

My only gripe is that the names for the download titles are inconsistent.

PAL : Nintendo Letter Box
NTSC : Swapnote

PAL : Pullblox
NTSC : Pushmo

seriously, wtf :/
Yeah,that sounds pretty strange. Here in italy BTW the Nintendo Letter Box is called just "PostBox"
wule
I read all of the replies but only few guys showed games they playing or owned, so I have to add you all :/

and heres my FC: 0989-1772-0446
Mainly I play Mario Kart 7 atm, and BioHazard (maybe you called ResidentEvil) at times. add me plz if you play these two :D
NaomiMinette

atk1992 wrote:

I read all of the replies but only few guys showed games they playing or owned, so I have to add you all :/

Mainly I play Mario Kart 7 atm, and BioHazard (maybe you called ResidentEvil) at times. add me plz if you play these two :D
You MUST join us :P http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=68448
bomber34

atk1992 wrote:

I will add you soon ^^
My games:

[Edit:] I will give my thoughts on my games too ^^ just for fun and just my opinion
TLoZ: Ocarina of time 3D : Still a very awesome game but if you already played the original you should buy it with 90% of having fun with ... idk everything is still great but i played the original so often i just rushed through the game.
Starfox 64 3D : Oh boy this game has the best 3D effect next to Super mario 3D land ... only bad thing: can't change audio to lylat language nor to any other unless your changing the 3DS itself. But still i love . DO A BARREL ROLL!
Super Mario 3D Land: First thought it was decent. 3D effect is very good but it was to easy and the levels aren't that memorable for me maybe because i hoped it is better than my fav. Super Mario 64. But the length of getting 100% and most epic Final Bossfights in any Mario for me make this a very good game :D
Mario Kart 7: Nice as always. Especially the online races are awesome and there is nothing better than racing against other people in the osu! community ;) Only bad thing: Wuhu Mountain (my german version back to english translation ^^) glitch and not that much things to unlock ... also no mission mode like MK:DS
Sonic Generations: This Game is hard. I can't play with 3D effect because it is so fast i get headache. But it is really fun and challenging

games i may buy soon:
DoA Dimensions
RE Revelations
MGS Snake eater 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
NaomiMinette

bomber34 wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Sonic Generations
I have these games. Maybe we can race against each other on Sonic Generations? :P
Drakari_old

bomber34 wrote:

atk1992 wrote:

I will add you soon ^^
My games:

[Edit:] I will give my thoughts on my games too ^^ just for fun and just my opinion
TLoZ: Ocarina of time 3D : Still a very awesome game but if you already played the original you should buy it with 90% of having fun with ... idk everything is still great but i played the original so often i just rushed through the game.
Starfox 64 3D : Oh boy this game has the best 3D effect next to Super mario 3D land ... only bad thing: can't change audio to lylat language nor to any other unless your changing the 3DS itself. But still i love . DO A BARREL ROLL!
Super Mario 3D Land: First thought it was decent. 3D effect is very good but it was to easy and the levels aren't that memorable for me maybe because i hoped it is better than my fav. Super Mario 64. But the length of getting 100% and most epic Final Bossfights in any Mario for me make this a very good game :D
Mario Kart 7: Nice as always. Especially the online races are awesome and there is nothing better than racing against other people in the osu! community ;) Only bad thing: Wuhu Mountain (my german version back to english translation ^^) glitch and not that much things to unlock ... also no mission mode like MK:DS
Sonic Generations: Hanven't played it :D then i write something here even though nobody will read this then ^^

games i may buy soon:
DoA Dimensions
RE Revelations
MGS Snake eater 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
DoA dimensions is good, to the extent of my experience with it.

Slightly incomprehensible story though. Not too bad but it doesn't flow well.
wule

Blazevoir wrote:

atk1992 wrote:

You MUST join us :P http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=68448
Sure,I'm coming now 8-)
wule

bomber34 wrote:

I will add you soon ^^
My games:

Sonic Generations: Hanven't played it :D then i write something here even though nobody will read this then ^^

games i may buy soon:
DoA Dimensions
RE Revelations
MGS Snake eater 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
added you bomber, but it seems you havn't added me yet x)

you bought all Nintendo games except the blue-hedgehog xD. I bought ZeldaOOT3D too but just aimed to the free soundtrackCD, so didn't play it at all (of course played the original in N64). also I'm hesitating whether to get Starfox or Gundam cuz I wanna play an action game.
here's games I'm owning now, my Mario 3D Land was rob'd by my fucking brother when the 1st day I bought and bring it home!!! :x

and thx to blazevoir/Mianki/Rantai for adding me, lets MK7!
bomber34

atk1992 wrote:

you bought all Nintendo games except the blue-hedgehog xD. I bought ZeldaOOT3D too but just aimed to the free soundtrackCD, so didn't play it at all (of course played the original in N64). also I'm hesitating whether to get Starfox or Gundam cuz I wanna play an action game.
here's games I'm owning now, my Mario 3D Land was rob'd by my fucking brother when the 1st day I bought and bring it home!!! :x

and thx to blazevoir/Mianki/Rantai for adding me, lets MK7!
Well i don't know what Gundam is but I love Starfox as much as on the N64 (my friend got it so i only could play it sometimes when i was at his place ^^)
as i said i think the 3D effect is really good :D and i can recommend it to all highscore hunters. But as much as i love the gameplay there are 2 things that sucks about SF64 3D :(
1. No online mode even though playing with friends (if my friends would even have a 3DS) or against CPU is cool . CPU will kill you :D
2. No language option ... I don't wanna change the 3DS system to get the english version D: and no lylat language :(

Don't worry i will add you soon :D but you have to promise me to spam me on swapnote ^^
NaomiMinette

atk1992 wrote:

thx to blazevoir/Mianki/Rantai for adding me, lets MK7!
I'd be more than happy to play MK7 with you, but I have no idea when you get on :? I also don't like leaving my 3DS on (even in Sleep Mode) or leaving it on the charger (500 charges = less battery life, and I've pretty much been charging it every week).
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

atk1992 wrote:

thx to blazevoir/Mianki/Rantai for adding me, lets MK7!
I'd be more than happy to play MK7 with you, but I have no idea when you get on :? I also don't like leaving my 3DS on (even in Sleep Mode) or leaving it on the charger (500 charges = less battery life, and I've pretty much been charging it every week).
Ok i am not atk1992 but i also say my time if it helps you ... ok it helps me too ;) i wanna play MK7 with you guys :D
best chance for me Friday 8pm - 3am and saturday 6,7 pm - 3am that is all GMT + 1 so idk you have to calculate this for yourself since i don't know the time period of you guys but for americans i guess there are at least 6h difference. :(
NaomiMinette
I'm GMT -6, so you're 7 hours ahead of me, bomber.

Converting that, you'd be available at:

- Friday 1 PM - 8 PM
- Saturday 11 AM, 12 PM - 8 PM

for me, anyway, which is fine since I should be on around those times :)
wule
GMT +8 here, totally I‘m free after 17 PM on weekdays and all the time on weekends (not sure when I get up though :oops:) ,but there isn't wifi connection on THUs and SUNs.
just hit me up in-game or at #Videogames on IRC whenever I'm online! before that let's make friends mutual in osu, I've added you bomber & Blazevoir. :oops:

btw I made a table on Google Docs and have color'd bomber's time there. convert your time to GMT+0 and color it with your schedule Blazevoir xD.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... zhMYlBNZ1E
Also for anyone here who wanna join our MK7-community :)
Soaprman
Alright, I went ahead and added myself. There will be exceptions from time to time... the midnight to 4am block might vary in size a bit and I am occasionally available on Friday.
jjrocks
Went ahead and added myself to that doc, also if I forgot to add you as a friend, give me heads up.
Rantai
Just added mine too.

Just a giant block.

Though if my sleep relapses, all times would be shifted by about 8 hours.
jericho2442
might as well add my code to this, dunno why i never did before xD

5241-1893-3184

games ive got is SF4 DOA Ridge racer and Mario kart, so yea o/
NaomiMinette
The doc confuses me... I can't pick both an AM and PM time...

My (new) available times are:

* Monday - Friday: 6:00 PM (18:00) to 2:00 AM CST (GMT-6)
* Saturday & Sunday: 3:00 PM (18:00) to 2:00 AM CST (GMT-6)

Btw jericho (and everyone else who have MK7), post/visit here, too :)
Anonymus_old
I also have a 3DS now, my friend code is 0302-0475-3969. Currently, I only have MK7 to play online. o/
bomber34

atk1992 wrote:

added you bomber, but it seems you havn't added me yet x)
Hope you are happy now ^^ :3 I added everyone on this list ... but i am aware i might miss someone.
Angelique
It looks like you haven't added me yet :o
I really want to get Mario Kart 7 but it looks like I have to save money first... -.-
Bass
Hey I have question. If I have ntsc 3DS(from USA) but I use it in PAL region(Poland) then I won't have problem with connecting it to wi-fi etc.? I just need ntsc games to run them, other things work fine?
mm201

mm201 wrote:

3DS doesn't use NTSC or PAL. :? [...] That misunderstanding vindicates them for using region locking. They get away claiming it to be a format incompatibility instead of "if (Cartridge.Region != ThreeDS.Region) throw new FuckOffException();" which it is.

They also like to claim it's related to parental controls or piracy, which is just bullshit.

And to answer your question, it connects to the same internet, so no, there are no problems using a 3DS from a different region.
Topic Starter
Mianki
NaomiMinette

Mianki wrote:

HNNNNNGGG

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/19/ch ... ease-date/
If I only didn't have a 3DS already... lol. Anyway, totally looking forward to KH3D :D
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

If I only didn't have a 3DS already... lol. Anyway, totally looking forward to KH3D :D
Never bought any KH before :3 woul be nice if someone writes his Opinion about the Game when it comes out.
Btw the design of the KH 3DS is very nice :3

I also tried the new Demos in the eShop :3 I suck at cooking Mama 4 .... it was quite embarrassing to play this xD
and I look forward to RE:Revelations. I loved that demo ^^
jjrocks
NEED CIRCLE PAD PRO TO PLAY RESIDENT EVIL CORRECTLY. I want another demo though :c
mm201
Whyyyyy? Who would use such an awful addon?
jjrocks
I mean, I hate the concept for it but I feel like I cou-oh shoot, I could have just changed the sensitivity of it. Daaaaaang it.

On a side note: I wish they didn't just restrict us to 30 uses :T
NaomiMinette
30 uses...? Explain?
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

30 uses...? Explain?
I guess after you started the demo 30 times it is not avialable for you or so xD or you have to redownload .

Btw I could play RE pretty well with just one Circle pad :3
But i guess it is the same as playing osu! with tablet or mouse . I stick to the mouse :P
show more