Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

I will be miffed if Wario is not a playable character.
I doubt he will, but I'm just guessing here.

What I'm more concerned about is the DLC content.
Dieathan

mm201 wrote:

That said, I will be miffed if Wario is not a playable character.
So NSMB2 is basically a Wario game skinned as Mario.
Azure_Kite
So yeah. Theatrhythm actually has quite some hard things to it.

I really despise the habit of putting swipe notes directly after a stream of 1/2 touch notes. The game often senses the tap of the previous note as "putting the pen down to swipe", and causes a BAD hit. Trying to swipe while your pen is still down also often causes a BAD hit.

Perfect scores for any difficulty, any combo count is 7999999. The game recognizes CRITICAL hits as 7999999 \ #comboforselecteddifficulty . I'm using a team consisting of the Onion Knight, Terra, Vaan and Lightning at the moment. The difference in use of character selection is rather negligible, from my experience. Save a few "bonus" abilities, such as lightning using Libra to determine one of a single boss's possible drops in a Chaos Shrine score.

It's fun, don't get me wrong, but character growth isn't a drive like it's purported to be in the tutorial. Have fun playing Basic charts forever until you can play harder charts, too. You start off with Series mode, consisting of Basic charts from every Final Fantasy game. Once you clear a Series's songs, you unlock them in Challenge mode, which is essentially free play.

Within Challenge Mode, you can now play the Expert Score for each unlocked song! Once you beat that with an A grade or higher, an Ultimate Score becomes available. Once you finish all songs in a series on Expert Mode, you then unlock the ability to play the harder difficulties of that series in Series Mode. Same goes for Ultimate Charts.

Chaos Shrine is where the fun is. Every chart is randomly generated from a number of "possible" blocks within each segment of the song, allowing for a bit more variety in the charts. They're generally harder than Expert but easier than Ultimate charts, from my experience. When you beat a Dark Note within the Chaos Shrine, you can get different items depending on which boss you defeated and how quickly, etc. Each dark note has 9 possible boss drops from three separate bosses. Which boss you fight is decided by how well you do in the Field Song at the start of each Dark Note.
mm201

Azure_Kite wrote:

Every chart is randomly generated from a number of "possible" blocks within each segment of the song, allowing for a bit more variety in the charts.
Stream mode?
Azure_Kite
Well, squenix says in the manual there's a near endless combination of charts, soo...

Like stream, but at each point per song, different dark note owners will each have separate charts created for them. There is a way to transfer YOUR charts to another player, by using streetpass. Multiplayer games also use the host's version.
RemmyX25

Blazevoir wrote:

mm201 wrote:

I will be miffed if Wario is not a playable character.
I doubt he will, but I'm just guessing here.
:x
bomber34
I read today that the next SSB won't have much more characters really D:
because the main developer said that SSB would need a better direction or ideas than more playable characters.
He also said that more characters mean more unbelance D:
I would link the article but it is in german ...

Other topic:
I am a bit unsure what i should think of Kingdom Hearts after playing the demo ... it was pretty short and i guess it takes sometime to get used to the battlestyle ... I guess i still have to buy it
NaomiMinette
I don't mind if there's less characters in the SSB so long as they get rid of the "clones" and/or less played characters, but I WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IF LUCARIO DOESN'T COME BACK DX /caps

If he doesn't, at least put Zoroark in his place :o
Topic Starter
Mianki
As long as there's Pikachu I'm happy :P
Shohei Ohtani
If Zoroark, Gardevoir, Lucario, and Mewtwo in the new SSB, it would be the best game ever~.

so moe~.
Ekaru

CDFA wrote:

If Zoroark, Gardevoir, Lucario, and Mewtwo in the new SSB, it would be the best game ever~.

so moe~.
Oh you. Pervert.
Shohei Ohtani

Ekaru wrote:

CDFA wrote:

so moe~.
Oh you. Pervert.
ouo
NaomiMinette

CDFA wrote:

so moe~.
/support CDFA
Pokebis
Furfags.
Should we just put every humanoid Pokemon in it?
Lopunny 2012.
Haneii
Hey guys, think you can help me decide which game to buy? Theatrhythm or Rhythm Thief? My initial plan was to get Theatrhythm but then I recently played the RT demo and found it really cute (Although way too easy).
Dieathan

Haneii wrote:

Hey guys, think you can help me decide which game to buy? Theatrhythm or Rhythm Thief? My initial plan was to get Theatrhythm but then I recently played the RT demo and found it really cute (Although way too easy).
Rhythm Thief has a decent story and is part adventure game while Theatrhythm is purely a music rhythm game with no story, just celebrating 25 years of the Final Fantasy franchise.

If you want something new, get Rhythm Thief. If you want something nostalgic, get Theatrhythm.
NaomiMinette
So I decided to try to take pics of fireworks during the fireworks show we had using my 3DS ... This was probably the best shot I got:

Happy 4th of July, USA peeps! :D
Azure_Kite
Okay. I lied. Theatrhythm has a max score of 9999999, and the max grade is SSS rather than S.

In order to get those extra points and grades, you have to play with no abilities equipped. Your characters aren't allowed to use ANYTHING you unlock except their level. Counter intuitive as fuck.

Add to that that when you do this, you lose the ability to summon espers in BMS and chocobos in FMS, and the inability to access extended versions in EMS, it makes me question whether It's worth it. I mean. Those sections are awesome :(
Quaraezha

Azure_Kite wrote:

and the max grade is SSS rather than S.
[horribleidea]
osu! should implement an SSS rank for perfecting a song with all multiplier mods.
[/horribleidea]
rust45

Haneii wrote:

I'm also wondering about Rhythm thief, this game looks fun, but does it have good replay value like EBA and Rhythm Heaven do? And do the games actually get challenging, because the demo was way too easy.
Azure_Kite
Rhythm thief for the most part is extremely easy. There are a few cheap missions that are hard without memorizing the mission, but yeah. Theatrhythm is at least more of a challenge.
Behon
I'm planning on finally getting a 3DS in a week or two, along with Mario 3D Land (Not interested in Kart 7 or the tennis game), Kid Icarus, and Theatrhythm. Any other recommendations as far as stuff that's already out?
Topic Starter
Mianki
Resident Evil: Revelations, Tales of the Abyss. Haven't played those but I hear they're great. And there's Ocarina of Time~
mm201

Behonkiss wrote:

Not interested in Kart 7
Poot you, get it anyway!
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I have both Revelations and Tales of the Abyss. Both are excellent fun.

I'd also look for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D if you're into arcade shooters. It's a lot of fun, and there are a lot of perks to spice up gameplay.
DerekMcD
Anyone got Pokemon Conquest?
Topic Starter
Mianki

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Anyone got Pokemon Conquest?
Wrong thread, try here: t/88118
Ekaru
Abyss is good if you haven't played that game yet. Devil Survivor: Overclocked is also great under the same condition.

Other than that, the games you're getting should last you for a while. A bunch of 3DS games are coming out by the end of the year, so do look out for those.
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

Not interested in Kart 7
Poot you, get it anyway!
You're missing out on one of THE greatest, rage- yet fun-filled online multiplayer games (AKA this), especially if you Skype/Vent with who you're going against like we do.
SuzumiyaBR
Hello

Ranking of Sell Nintendo 3DS

can put site ?

is only that I had to talk
curiosity only
Pokebis

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

Hello

Ranking of Sell Nintendo 3DS

can put site ?

is only that I had to talk
curiosity only
http://www.amazon.com/
rust45
Well I finally got Kid Icarus from Gamefly. First impressions are good. I've only done the first two chapters but online is pretty fun even with my terribad weapons.
Azure_Kite
Can I have the ability to register products with club Nintendo through the e-shop, kthx
Angelique
Hm... I don't think so.. :?
NaomiMinette
>Hears about New Super Mario Bros. 2 having multiplayer
>Originally thought it'd have online multiplayer
>Reads that it's only local
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

When will Nintendo make an online Mario game other than the Kart and (some of the) sports games? ._. *still waits on Mario Party Online, lolololol*
rust45
Problem with Party Online is making people be committed to a game for that long online. When playing locally, it's easily possible to take breaks if everyone agrees. There's no good way to take breaks when playing online unless there was a chat option. Which on a nintendo system is lol.
Drakari_old
I agree with rust, games like mario party and the original-style sidescrollers require too much commitment and interaction to fully enjoy. Still, it wouldn't take too much to add just friend code stuff to organize something with people you know but can't all physically gather... Better with included chat of course, but there are external solutions.
NaomiMinette

rust45 wrote:

Problem with Party Online is making people be committed to a game for that long online. When playing locally, it's easily possible to take breaks if everyone agrees. There's no good way to take breaks when playing online unless there was a chat option. Which on a nintendo system is lol.
Not really. They could make it to where you can save then take a break from there *recalling Mario Party 2 online emulated matches from back then*

I do agree with the chat issue, though... If anything, they'll most likely pull something off on the WiiU (or we can hope they'll enable voice chat on the 3DS).
Behon
Finally picked up a 3DS! My username there is also Behonkiss, and my Friend Code is 1504-6873-3698. Only online game I have right now is Kid Icarus, but that will probably change in the future. PM me if you add me and I'll definitely add you back.
Topic Starter
Mianki
Too lazy to PM, added you~
show more