forum

I am struggling with triples on 10.3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fex
I've been playing DT for quite some time now, and I am struggling with triples and quintriple streams etc etc. I tap with my index and do the triples starting with my middle finger, since its my dominant. But for some reason I am not quick enough and are looking for advices from people experienced with DT, I can tap well enough with my index finger since I am not having struggles with only single circles.

Advices and recommendations from people experienced with DT 10.3 would be appreciated.

Please do not say I am too low ranked, as this was my decision to try become a DT player.
N0thingSpecial
I just mash and pray I get 300s
Yuudachi-kun
Off topic: I didn't start dt until I had ~4500pp and didnt start playing 10.3 until the mid 5000's.

Just something

Just something to say
Zain Sugieres
play more high bpm maps with triples and bursts and you should eventually get used to them
Topic Starter
Fex

Khelly wrote:

Off topic: I didn't start dt until I had ~4500pp and didnt start playing 10.3 until the mid 5000's.

Just something

Just something to say

"Please do not say I am too low ranked, as this was my decision to try become a DT player."
Yuudachi-kun
Not saying snything

Just telling you when I felt comfy to play such things
CXu
If you start your tapping with your index fingers, but do streams/triples starting with your middle finger, this means that you have to wait for the 2nd note in that stream/triple to appear, and then adjust your hand so you hit with your middle finger first. This means that you essentially have less time to react to them.

Also fuck ar10.3
7ambda

CXu wrote:

If you start your tapping with your index fingers, but do streams/triples starting with your middle finger, this means that you have to wait for the 2nd note in that stream/triple to appear, and then adjust your hand so you hit with your middle finger first. This means that you essentially have less time to react to them.

Also fuck ar10.3
I agree.

gotta learn ar12.5
Bauxe
Dude you're rank 16k.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

Dude you're rank 16k.

Just saying
Yolshka

CXu wrote:

Also fuck ar10.3
Huh, i wonder how that works on doubles, i tap with index including triples and streams, but i start doubles on middle.Sometimes I start streams with middle, but it only feels wierd if i pay attention otherwise I don't usually notice, but definitely feels awkward.
although i often catch myself alternating on consecutive doubles.
My max AR is 9 tho.
Snow901

Bauxe wrote:

Dude you're rank 16k.
tfw you're in the top 0.2% of players in the world but still told to "git gud".
Yuudachi-kun

Snow901 wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Dude you're rank 16k.
tfw you're in the top 0.2% of players in the world but still told to "git gud".
What if I told you making an account and playing kuba ohms - my love doesn't make you a player.
Zozimoto
Try to alternate a bit.
c-atsuit
why dont you do triples starting with your index if you tap with your index? thats kind of odd. instead of starting triples and streams with your middle finger. start with your index and see how that works out for you. it will probabl feel weird but it is more convenient than starting with your middle. alternatively, you could just play more 10.3 and try to get used to it.
Sayorie

Zozimoto wrote:

Try to alternate a bit.
Wait, are you trying to single-tap triples?
DeathHydra

Bauxe wrote:

Dude you're rank 16k.
Welp... Someone said it xd
-Makishima S-
Dude is not only rank 16k but also...

12 days ago
SILENCE
42 hour(s) Inappropriate behaviour in #chinese.

13 days ago
SILENCE
10 hour(s) racism in #japanese

13 days ago
SILENCE
5 hour(s) Inappropriate conversation in #chinese

xDDDDDD
Topic Starter
Fex

c-atsuit wrote:

why dont you do triples starting with your index if you tap with your index? thats kind of odd. instead of starting triples and streams with your middle finger. start with your index and see how that works out for you. it will probabl feel weird but it is more convenient than starting with your middle. alternatively, you could just play more 10.3 and try to get used to it.
Because I am not used to it, and if I start using my index over middle finger I'd have to use too much time to recover, although I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
Topic Starter
Fex

[Taiga] wrote:

Dude is not only rank 16k but also...

12 days ago
SILENCE
42 hour(s) Inappropriate behaviour in #chinese.

13 days ago
SILENCE
10 hour(s) racism in #japanese

13 days ago
SILENCE
5 hour(s) Inappropriate conversation in #chinese

xDDDDDD
Lost faith in osu! for a while, I swear, I only wrote the Pokemon Everyday song ;A;
Topic Starter
Fex
The Gambler
Play more triples... First try 200 BPM triples and increase speed from there.

There are some 200 BPM DT maps out there but they're mapped in the "old style" and tend to be quite cancerous though.

Bauxe wrote:

Dude you're rank 16k.
Didn't stop me back then :)

Now I'm on hiatus for the time being