show more
_handholding

Okorin wrote:

basically you mapped a different song than give me a break stop now
that doesn't sound right tbh
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

This map is heavily overmapped with 1/8 sliders, none of the beats needs 1/8 to be represented.

In general, it's possible to have lots of sliders like these readable, but while having such a huge amount of note blocks, it didn't keep its readability.
00:54:017 (1,1,1,1) - it's IMPOSSIBLE to notice the slider velocity change by those NCs under the NC density.
objects are also poorly arranged (e.g. 02:56:830 (1,1,1,2,3) - ).is possible to noticed the sv changed, and i dont think is poorly arranged, i map the kiai based on aesthetic, every slider are stacking/blanketing/symmetrical sth

unrankable:
03:03:568 (1,2) - apparently wrongly snapped

some parts can be improved for sure:
00:56:361 (3,1) - 00:58:236 (3,1) - same rhythm but different spacings. it has some extreme examples like 01:07:611 (3,1) - ...etc. Is there anything that allows you to broke the time-distance equality? (there are so many cases like this so pay attention to them)same as ive mentioned, kiai was mapped based on aesthetic, and the inconsistent spacing totally wont effect the gameplay

01:10:189 (5) - Ctrl+G is a better way to fit the drop.

00:39:017 (3,4,5,6) - 00:13:002 (4,5,6) - These two patterns are quite similar, but I can't find a valid reason for the first one. it's nether unique nor dense.these two part arent similar at all, one part is calm but other isnt

01:13:353 - trying to make the pattern by drum ignorance. but after seeing 01:13:939 (7) - it's still weird anyway.01:13:939 (7) - slider here was expressing the different pitch vocal

00:24:252 (4) - 01:26:127 (3) - it's obvious

01:33:861 (1) - 01:39:486 (1) - NC doubled? huh?

01:58:236 (1) - NC inconsistency

02:39:955 (4,5,6,7,1) - not compatible to the whole map: a unique spacing that have never been seen beforei know this is the unique part but i cant find a better way to express the vocal

03:08:314 (1) - 03:13:939 (1) - unreasonable SV difference x1.2 was the based numeric
[]
there are a lot of points which are against the time-difference equality. they are mostly unpredictable due to NCs, Slider Velocities, and note blocks.

didn't spend much time on this but obviously I don't think it can be qualified with its quality.
no reply = fixed

@Irreversible : well imo the sliderend doesnt need to follow a obvious sound, especially kick sliders, kicks can used in emphasis, but also can be used in structured, aesthetic, and these are the essence of this diff, if you rly are sticking your opinion at "sliderend should be following sth" or "overused was overmapped" then how can you explain the kick slider usage of the EX EX diff on this map or the Extra: Aomine diff, dont say those arent 1/8, the concept/idea is the same
Yuuya_ke
Sigma

02:51:674 (1) - why is there no kiai here? all other choruses and difficulties have it starting on this beat

I mean, Monstrata was able to pull off Aomine with those kicks, so I guess you shouldn't be denied being able to use those 1/8's, although they don't necessarily map anything in the song, but instead create emphasis in the chorus.

but this is coming form a shitmapper so
sahuang
Some 1/8 sliders are indeed enjoyable when playing from my side. I agree that some are overdone,but 1/8 slider ends are fine to be mapped to nothing imo cuz it's sliderend so doesn't even require you to click.
I think silence sliderends with 5% volume and also change some really overdone parts would work very well for kiai. There's no need to delete all of them simply because they are "mapped to nothing".

e.g. while 03:07:377 (1,2) - is overdone cuz the song doesn't really suggest 1/8 here, the design of 03:07:845 (1,2) - is pretty cool actually.
03:12:299 (1,2) - is very enjoyable as well..
03:13:002 (1,2) - don't see any reason you use 1/8 cuz it's actually not that intense lol

Just don't abuse 1/8 sliders, proper using in this song is 100% ok.
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
hmmm..
i agreed silence the sliderend might be a good choice in some case
Chaoslitz

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

dont say those arent 1/8, the concept/idea is the same
They aren't 1/8, because it is mapped in original bpm, you mapped it with 256, so they are 1/8s

Not saying it is not allowed to use 1/8 to emphasize, but is using 1/8 sliders in the entire kiai really emphasizing anything? Yes sliderend doesn't need to snap on sounds everytime, but is it mean that you can extend every single notes in to a kick slider for emphaszie? That's why we have been saying this is not only overmapping but overused in overmapping
Shiguma

Chaoslitz wrote:

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

dont say those arent 1/8, the concept/idea is the same
They aren't 1/8, because it is mapped in original bpm, you mapped it with 256, so they are 1/8s

Not saying it is not allowed to use 1/8 to emphasize, but is using 1/8 sliders in the entire kiai really emphasizing anything? Yes sliderend doesn't need to snap on sounds everytime, but is it mean that you can extend every single notes in to a kick slider for emphaszie? That's why we have been saying this is not only overmapping but overused in overmapping
What does this even mean LOL

If he "mapped it with 256" then they are 1/4th kicksliders, which is used in so many maps. The kiai is like that obviously because he wants a certain feel for players, and I think it works really well.

It doesn't even make sense to discuss this because it is done in maps all the time, and Can Do: Aomine is ranked with the same concept, as is EX EX. Don't call them 1/8th sliders if you're going to say he mapped 256, then they are 1/4th and literally normal.
Chaoslitz

Shiguma wrote:

It doesn't even make sense to discuss this because it is done in maps all the time, and Can Do: Aomine is ranked with the same concept, as is EX EX. Don't call them 1/8th sliders if you're going to say he mapped 256, then they are 1/4th and literally normal.
so did they double the bpm and mapping kick sliders?

It is mapped with 1/4 sliders in 256bpm (1/8 in 128, which is the original bpm), the same concept applies in the entire kiai which the 1/8s do not exist so thats why it is not appropriate
Shiguma
They play like kicksliders, it is done for emphasis. As snownino has said, why are other maps okay with kicksliders that don't exist and then this one singled out? It is done all the time in other maps, it is done here for a certain play style, you do not click the sliderends, they play like 1/4ths.
Nerova Riuz GX
Let's face the real problem here: you dropped the basic time-distance equality to fit the aesthetics you want.
about the concept, you might be able to claim it's correct but we're actually talking about how they were executed.

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

@Irreversible : well imo the sliderend doesnt need to follow a obvious sound, especially kick sliders, kicks can used in emphasis, but also can be used in structured, aesthetic, and these are the essence of this diff, if you rly are sticking your opinion at "sliderend should be following sth" or "overused was overmapped" then how can you explain the kick slider usage of the EX EX diff on this map or the Extra: Aomine diff, dont say those arent 1/8, the concept/idea is the same
I'll go through those maps you have mentioned above and explain why their stuff make sense but not yours.
[]
Ocelot - TSUBAKI [EX EX]:

READABILITY is always a problem that have been discussed for a long time, but they actually have some things in common:
All of the stacked slider heads are not blocked by slider bodies. (e.g. 01:10:633 (1,2,3,4,1) - ), which means that you're still able to "guess" the correct start point.

about the sliders, it's 199 BPM and mapped with tons of 1/4s. it works with the concept of extended sliders, obviously. And if you listen to the song carefully, there are 1/4 sounds around there (e.g. 01:15:458 (1,2,1,2) - ), so that's NOT ABUSING.
[]
GRANRODEO - Can Do (TV Size) [Aomine's Extra]:

The concept here is pretty close, Monstrata used kick sliders to represent the feeling of being fast.
BUT, the biggest difference here is the executions.

Take this for an example: 01:11:737 (1,2,3,4) - , no blocks on slider heads, so it works completely fine because slider tails can be ignored.
And the most important thing is, HE STILL KEEPS THE TIME-DISTANCE EQUALITY.
just like 01:19:237 (2,3,4,5) - , they still works like normal jumps - no forced antijumps.
[]
now go back to your map.

it should be 128 BPM based on how the drums work, so normally you don't have to put 1/8 in this map.

Let's assume that you're trying to imply the same concept from Monstrata's map: does it make sense?
It's hard for me to agree that you have to be FAST under the song's momentum.

and, for those overused slider tails, are not supposed to be noticed.
but under the blocks you have made, it's quite hard to get rid of their existence.

tl;dr you mixed those two different concepts and made a worse one which is not good for executing
[]
I also have some questions on your reply too:

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

In general, it's possible to have lots of sliders like these readable, but while having such a huge amount of note blocks, it didn't keep its readability.
00:54:017 (1,1,1,1) - it's IMPOSSIBLE to notice the slider velocity change by those NCs under the NC density.
objects are also poorly arranged (e.g. 02:56:830 (1,1,1,2,3) - ).is possible to noticed the sv changed, and i dont think is poorly arranged, i map the kiai based on aesthetic, every slider are stacking/blanketing/symmetrical sth making aesthetics without keeping the basic time-distance equality is totally putting the cart before the horse.

00:56:361 (3,1) - 00:58:236 (3,1) - same rhythm but different spacings. it has some extreme examples like 01:07:611 (3,1) - ...etc. Is there anything that allows you to broke the time-distance equality? (there are so many cases like this so pay attention to them)same as ive mentioned, kiai was mapped based on aesthetic, and the inconsistent spacing totally wont effect the gameplay same above

00:39:017 (3,4,5,6) - 00:13:002 (4,5,6) - These two patterns are quite similar, but I can't find a valid reason for the first one. it's nether unique nor dense.these two part arent similar at all, one part is calm but other isnt but in the same shape. you didn't plan to make some difference to emphasize the "calm", right?

01:13:353 - trying to make the pattern by drum ignorance. but after seeing 01:13:939 (7) - it's still weird anyway.01:13:939 (7) - slider here was expressing the different pitch vocal If so, then it's impossible for you to get away from 01:17:689 (7) - it has more differences on vocal.

02:39:955 (4,5,6,7,1) - not compatible to the whole map: a unique spacing that have never been seen beforei know this is the unique part but i cant find a better way to express the vocal making them stacked or keeping consistent spacings are both a better choice than what you did here.

03:08:314 (1) - 03:13:939 (1) - unreasonable SV difference x1.2 was the based numeric this line answered nothing about the question
[]
I guess this post can also be applied to the problem between Chaoslitz and Shiguma as well
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

Let's face the real problem here: you dropped the basic time-distance equality to fit the aesthetics you want.
about the concept, you might be able to claim it's correct but we're actually talking about how they were executed.
[]
now go back to your map.

it should be 128 BPM based on how the drums work, so normally you don't have to put 1/8 in this map. i wont agree with this, there are maps dat got low bpm but mapped with double bpm and 1/8 kicks either, but mine was just a bit more severe since the bpm is higher then others

Let's assume that you're trying to imply the same concept from Monstrata's map: does it make sense?
It's hard for me to agree that you have to be FAST under the song's momentum.why doesnt make sense? im basically mapping in 256 so it makes sense to have faster momentum then a 200

and, for those overused slider tails, are not supposed to be noticed.
but under the blocks you have made, it's quite hard to get rid of their existence.i agree thr slider tail are overused but does dat even matter lol? like if you are the player playing the map like this why will you even want to noticed the slider tail, you should focus on sliderhead instead cuz you click on sliderhead not slider tail xd

tl;dr you mixed those two different concepts and made a worse one which is not good for executing i didnt " mix" it lol, this concepts was actually came out after i seen several map not only these two, and well is probably worse for you but im pretty proud dat ive make this map
[]
I also have some questions on your reply too:

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

objects are also poorly arranged (e.g. 02:56:830 (1,1,1,2,3) - ).is possible to noticed the sv changed, and i dont think is poorly arranged, i map the kiai based on aesthetic, every slider are stacking/blanketing/symmetrical sth making aesthetics without keeping the basic time-distance equality is totally putting the cart before the horse. i dont think is putting the cart before the horse, lots of players were actually pretty enjoyable when they are playing this map, so if they are enjoyable when they play this map why do it still need to keep the basic time-distance? yea maybe keeping the basic time-distance can make the map more neat and clean and even more easier, but this isnt wat i want, this map suppose to be challenging cuz of the complex movement of the 1/8 kicks

00:56:361 (3,1) - 00:58:236 (3,1) - same rhythm but different spacings. it has some extreme examples like 01:07:611 (3,1) - ...etc. Is there anything that allows you to broke the time-distance equality? (there are so many cases like this so pay attention to them)same as ive mentioned, kiai was mapped based on aesthetic, and the inconsistent spacing totally wont effect the gameplay same above

00:39:017 (3,4,5,6) - 00:13:002 (4,5,6) - These two patterns are quite similar, but I can't find a valid reason for the first one. it's nether unique nor dense.these two part arent similar at all, one part is calm but other isnt but in the same shape. you didn't plan to make some difference to emphasize the "calm", right? i didnt emphasis the "calm" cuz im keeping the consist structure, imagine if i change the 1/4 slider to 1/2, it wont be consist with 00:43:236 - or even 01:41:361 - 01:45:111 - etc

01:13:353 - trying to make the pattern by drum ignorance. but after seeing 01:13:939 (7) - it's still weird anyway.01:13:939 (7) - slider here was expressing the different pitch vocal If so, then it's impossible for you to get away from 01:17:689 (7) - it has more differences on vocal. makes sense, fixed

02:39:955 (4,5,6,7,1) - not compatible to the whole map: a unique spacing that have never been seen beforei know this is the unique part but i cant find a better way to express the vocal making them stacked or keeping consistent spacings are both a better choice than what you did here. ill make the same ds here since stack 5 notes plays a bit weird lol

03:08:314 (1) - 03:13:939 (1) - unreasonable SV difference x1.2 was the based numeric this line answered nothing about the question it did lol, i mean the slider without changing the sv were all x1.2
[]
I guess this post can also be applied to the problem between Chaoslitz and Shiguma as well
thx for the respond nerova :>
im always appreciate this kinda discussion :)
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
im gonna push this map forward lol
hi-mei
holy fuk dude, gl on this!
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
oky seems there are no further discussion, ill call bn for rebub :>
Nerova Riuz GX
As a note, under the current BNG rules you must call BNs who didn't nominate before since you didn't make agreements to most of those questions people provided.
Spork Lover
Loved time? :^)
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_

Spork Lover wrote:

Loved time? :^)
ye :>
Loctav
Loved as per mapper's request.
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
:^)