forum

[Archived] cannot detect a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rey Fullbuster
i succesfully download a beatmap, but my osu can't detect a beatmap, i always hit F5 but theres nothing :( please help me
Sakura
We need more info about your problem, also if it's happening with an specific beatmap try this thread
Aditionally make sure that you're importing the beatmap correctly, have this happened with other beatmaps you download?
Luna
Are you using Internet Explorer? In that case, you need to import the beatmaps manually by dragging the *.osz files onto an open osu! window (I think doubleclicking works as well but I never tried).
Also, you might want to check in your Songs folder if there is a "Failed" folder. If there is one, see if the beatmaps were moved there~
Topic Starter
Rey Fullbuster
im using google chrome
Topic Starter
Rey Fullbuster
i download a beatmap completely but the osu can't detect a beatmap. but when i closed the osu program . i download a beatmap, and finally my osu can detect a beatmap :)
Noboty
I have the same problem, however, mine has a filetype of "OSU file". When I try to load those, the game says its can't detect it. When I load a map with the filentype "OSU beatmap," then it works. Any reason why beatmaps with the former filetype can't be used?
RandomJibberish
Not sure why you are downloading .osu files, if that's what you mean - They don't include the mp3, background etc so osu! won't read them on their own. If you are trying to download a single difficulty for a map you already have, put the .osu in the map's folder.
Noboty

RandomJibberish wrote:

Not sure why you are downloading .osu files, if that's what you mean - They don't include the mp3, background etc so osu! won't read them on their own. If you are trying to download a single difficulty for a map you already have, put the .osu in the map's folder.
I figured that out on my own after playing around some more. Sorry for asking.