forum

Feeling bad at the game, rank 14k and still be bad...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

-JaZe- wrote:

Don't worry about it, I've been as high as 7k and still felt the same things you do. I would randomly freeze up and not hit the key, or miss notes that didn't require me to move my cursor, or randomly miss an entire slider. I missed notes on 4 star songs so often I wondered what was wrong with me.

I feel a lot better about my play now (even though my rank is quite a bit lower) and here's what I did:
1. Stop thinking about rank, comparing yourself to others, what playcount is good, and having to get pp in general
2. Play a huge variety of songs. Pure stream, jump practices, alternating, high BPM, low BPM, high AR, low AR, dubstep, HR, DT, whatever. Don't give up on a map just because you aren't doing well on it.
3. Finish maps even when you screw up

The key idea here is that if you tunnel on pp, you aren't really going to get the range of skills that help you become a flexible and consistent player. This isn't to say that pp and skill are mutually exclusive (they're obviously not), but that playing songs that won't earn you pp is a really valuable experience.
Hello, first, thanks a lot for your answer and spending your time for me ! that's cool !
so, yeah, maybe your right, but, idk, like, i have lot a friends that are so good players and can fc a map so easy whitout try harding anymore, and, 10k play count so, rip me xD
But, yeah, i'm gonna try to follow your advices, that sounds so obvious and i don't even know why i did not do it before and why i'm still being mad when i miss, so, yeah, i'll try, ty dude !! ;) ;) ;) ;)
KupcaH
Quit while you can! Quit while you can! Quit while you can!
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

KupcaH wrote:

Quit while you can! Quit while you can! Quit while you can!
huhuhuhu
Fxjlk

Reeqooh wrote:

i have lot a friends that are so good players and can fc a map so easy
If you keep comparing yourself to others and search outside yourself for gratification you will never find it because there is always someone better than you.

Focus on the journey rather than the goal, enjoy the moment and how it makes you feel to play the game.

Enjoy the song not the pp/difficulty rating.
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Reeqooh wrote:

i have lot a friends that are so good players and can fc a map so easy
If you keep comparing yourself to others and search outside yourself for gratification you will never find it because there is always someone better than you.

Focus on the journey rather than the goal, enjoy the moment and how it makes you feel to play the game.

Enjoy the song not the pp/difficulty rating.
Yeah your right, but i feel so mad when they can fc this so easy with three times less play time than me :x
thanks for your answer !! :roll: :roll:
N0thingSpecial
I'm 8k and I have trouble FCing 4.8*, just stop comparing yourself, I sometimes get shit on by 20k rank players in multi just because they have better aim as I'm more or less an acc player still can't OD10 doe

Try new ways to enjoy standard, try a mod, try different types of map, try quitting the game
Fxjlk

Reeqooh wrote:

Yeah your right, but i feel so mad when they can fc this so easy with three times less play time than me :x
If you have a negative thought that is disruptive to your progress then stop thinking about it.
Endie-
It doesn't matter how high you get, you'll always feel bad.
Xyrus_old_1
Shitmisses will always happen :(

Endie- wrote:

Sayorie
Forget pp, enjoy game. osu! is not a competition, unless you treat it like so.
Frikandel
HA!

well I've not been improving for like almost a year now. Any pp I got was pure farm and/or luck. I will NEVER be able to fc farm nomods. not even the easiest faking ones like no title all diffs.

So yes, I have to break the osu habit somehow! Stop playing! Stop wasting my time. Maybe you too!
LoliPantsu
if ur ever feeling down just go in #osu and find some random 500k's profile and laugh at his pp
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I'm 8k and I have trouble FCing 4.8*, just stop comparing yourself, I sometimes get shit on by 20k rank players in multi just because they have better aim as I'm more or less an acc player still can't OD10 doe

Try new ways to enjoy standard, try a mod, try different types of map, try quitting the game
Thanks for your answer dude ! ;) i'll try it !
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Reeqooh wrote:

If you have a negative thought that is disruptive to your progress then stop thinking about it.
Yeah i think your right, i'm like running right into a wall everytime i think about others :-(
Thanks dude 8-)
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

Endie- wrote:

Yeah maybe, but i feel like i'm so fucki*g bad at this game LUL
thanks for answering :o
mizuki-chan
i always feel bad when i see that someome in my friend list has SS on a map i can barely pass with C rank
KupcaH
Instead of "feel bad", play more and try to beat that score.
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

mizuki-chan wrote:

i always feel bad when i see that someome in my friend list has SS on a map i can barely pass with C rank
welcome to my life :(
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

KupcaH wrote:

yeah, but i have 43k play count :d thats a lot i dont want to play more and more xd
mizuki-chan

Reeqooh wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

yeah, but i have 43k play count :d thats a lot i dont want to play more and more xd
if you really dont want to play more , quit would be the only solution lol...
Catgirl
I recommend if you're having trouble improving or playing harder stuff, try taking a break and relaxing a bit with something completely different. That could be playing another game for a day and coming back to osu! the next day. You might feel like the day off was a benefit.

Or if you want to stick to the game, try something different! If playing 5* stuff isn't working out for you, try playing some easy/normals with some mods for some top 50 ranks. Try playing some maps that are easy yet high OD with HR to train accuracy. Try playing EZ mod. Try playing with FL. Try a different game mode like Taiko or CTB but not Mania because it sucks lol. Doing some different things and then coming back to serious playing the next day will help you enjoy the game more!
KupcaH

Catgirl wrote:

but not Mania because it sucks lol!
Mania is superior game.
aitor98

Catgirl wrote:

xD
Yuudachi-kun

KupcaH wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

Mania is superior game.
Ninonuko

Reeqooh wrote:

Be an offline player like me/play unranked
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

Ninonuko wrote:

Reeqooh wrote:

Be an offline player like me/play unranked
Why not, thanks for answer :D
Topic Starter
Reeqooh

Catgirl wrote:

I recommend if you're having trouble improving or playing harder stuff, try taking a break and relaxing a bit with something completely different. That could be playing another game for a day and coming back to osu! the next day. You might feel like the day off was a benefit.

Or if you want to stick to the game, try something different! If playing 5* stuff isn't working out for you, try playing some easy/normals with some mods for some top 50 ranks. Try playing some maps that are easy yet high OD with HR to train accuracy. Try playing EZ mod. Try playing with FL. Try a different game mode like Taiko or CTB but not Mania because it sucks lol. Doing some different things and then coming back to serious playing the next day will help you enjoy the game more!
Yeah idk, i already tried to do that, and it seems to be not working to be honest, but yeah, i'll try it again.
Thanks for answering ! ;)
Topic Starter
Reeqooh
yeah, but i have 43k play count :d thats a lot i dont want to play more and more xd[/quote]

if you really dont want to play more , quit would be the only solution lol...[/quote]

I did not mean to play the game more, i mean, i ( in my opinion ) should not be ranked 13k whith that much play counts :d
but thanks, maybe i should quit yeah, idk ^^ 8-)

rip/quote LUL
gooder101
I think the reason most of the people feel bad at this game is because there is no way to reach perfection but you can improve while being positive so don't whine and challenge yourself while having fun.
Cheers.
DeathHydra
Who cares about playcount and rank ratio. Just play the game. You're simply thinking too much
Insyni

DeathAdderz wrote:

Who cares about playcount and rank ratio. Just play the game. You're simply thinking too much
100% agree with DeathAdderz.

If you feel bad about play count/ rank ratio just look at my profile to feel better.
Yuudachi-kun

Insyni wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

If you feel bad about play count/ rank ratio just look at my profile to feel better.

Play mania instead
K i R a
I would say never give up, because even if your friends can do X that you cant, fc or what ever, if you focus on yourself and try to enjoy the game you will eventually improve.

Look at my profile, i played for 6 years and i'm still 15k, and i'm in the same position as you, i tried everything.

What i suggest you is:

-Try to write down your bad habits and common errors, things you are not good at and look for a solution for them.
-try to play lower difficulties and see if you can fc them.
-Warm up with some DT and play some HR, it will make you improve a lot.
-Play high bpm maps, DT >145 bpm maps (220 with dt), streamy maps and jump maps.
-Compare your results with yourself, if you find you are worse than yesterday look what you are doing wrong or what is different.

And finally: Enjoy the game (and dont break your tablet).

Ah, also... Try to play confortable when you use your pen, if you force it or if you apply strength it will make you play worse, try to play smooth even if you dont aim that good at first, you need to use your own speed, not your strength as speed, less strength = easier to snap.

I hope it helps a bit :)
Skitzyv2

Insyni wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

Lmfao if you care aobut play count/ rank ratio look at mine
3.3k Plays and rank 200k