[Archived] [Editor] sliderwhistles' volume can't be changed mid-slider

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bara-
Problem Details:

Quite simple
Have a slider, equip a sliderwhistle on it
Change the volume in the middle of the slider, and you'll hear that the volume doesn't change

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Not really a video
Download this map
04:18:045 (1) - is the slider which is full of volume-changing greenlines, yet the sliderwhistle has the same volume throughout the whole slider

osu! version: 20160805.3 (latest)
MokouSmoke
I think this is more of a feature request than a problem since I don't think it can actually be done (might be wrong though)

long time ago there was a similar question about changing sliderslide volume mid-slider and peppy basically said he didn't want it to work that way
see: p/1035880
Topic Starter
Bara-
Spinners do allow for a fade-out, so why don't sliders have it too?
I can use 20 different sliderwhistle files, all with a slightly lowered volume via N:C3-22, but that would be a long work around
MokouSmoke
idk.

actually though, I remember recently modding Lasse's GD from this set (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1027907) where he was able to get around this problem by making two sliderslide.wav files and alternating between the two while increasing the volume with green lines. Just look at his slider right before the kiai section. Maybe that could work for you?
Topic Starter
Bara-
I'll try it out tomorrow, since it's too late for me to look at now
It might actually be a good idea
On my Encounter! (Psychic) map, the easy diff also uses 2 different sliderwhistles, because of this issue, but I've never thought changing volume would actually help
Underforest
I can confirm this. That's why I don't use slider whistles :p
Topic Starter
Bara-
It works, if you have set 1-2, and constantly alternate between them, like this

At least it's something ^_^