forum

Struggling with maintaining rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dGeist
I am trying to get to 50k and I am having trouble in getting up the ranks and preventing it from slipping further down. All my maps that I always try to fc seem to be either very fast or tricky due to being 4.6 stars minimum (disputed, some seem too easy)which fcing a tv size map at least one every day is needed to maintain my rank (most of my maps that I play have at least od 7.5 or 8).Worse of all is my accuracy whereby I can actually fc the map but with a vey bad accuracy thus not getting as much pp as expected.(Some of my main top scores are actually fced, that's how bad I am with accuracy.)

Do you think I need to slow down and try to focus on S-ranking lower diff instead? My practice regime now is basically playing trying to fc 5 star maps before going down the star rating until 4.5 stars. Also, my recommended difficulty is 4.22 stars but ill earn nothing due to difficulty being 'too low' for my rank and lose ranks instead.

Furthermore, is it actually normal to only be able to fc an od8 4.5 or a 5star map after a month of continuous trials (as in everyday)?
Thanks.
N0thingSpecial
2kpp, I remember thats when I start FCing 4.5-4.9 TV size with 97%-99% acc to climb, 88% is honestly god awful considering the star rating and the map type.
KupcaH
Get 99% on 4min+ 4.22 star maps.
Sayorie
forget rankings, enjoy game
Topic Starter
dGeist

N0thingSpecial wrote:

2kpp, I remember thats when I start FCing 4.5-4.9 TV size with 97%-99% acc to climb, 88% is honestly god awful considering the star rating and the map type.
Yea seems like because I keep getting at least a 100 on every stream or burst on every single map that I play and I always jump really fast on the 5-6 star maps , thus I was more worried about combo than anything else.
mulraf

dGeist wrote:

I am trying to get to 50k and I am having trouble in getting up the ranks and preventing it from slipping further down. All my maps that I always try to fc seem to be either very fast or tricky due to being 4.6 stars minimum (disputed, some seem too easy)which fcing a tv size map at least one every day is needed to maintain my rank (most of my maps that I play have at least od 7.5 or 8).Worse of all is my accuracy whereby I can actually fc the map but with a vey bad accuracy thus not getting as much pp as expected.(Some of my main top scores are actually fced, that's how bad I am with accuracy.)
oh another low acc pleb. i feel you. i have the same problem. not trying to solve it over here tbh, just going with the flow and fc'ing higher difficulty songs with low acc :x i struggle too. maybe you should try getting some higher acc first. but i'm not one to talk since that's something i could never do myself :P

dGeist wrote:

Furthermore, is it actually normal to only be able to fc an od8 4.5 or a 5star map after a month of continuous trials (as in everyday)?
Thanks.
what? are you crazy?!

I'm definitely no tryhard! not me!

srsly. enjoy game pls.
kurodahatsuharu
If you want to get better, low down your self - esteem and start from the bottom.
chainpullz
Recommended difficulty isn't too low for your rank, you just suck too much to get the acc on them that players of your rank should be capable of.
Yuudachi-kun
Get low acc on high starred maps then come back and high acc lower starred ones
Saracen
I'm stuck at 99k, no matter how much I try ;-;
Silas
I never thought I'd be the one to say this, but your accuracy is just dreadful. Focus on the song and timing your taps, and your rank and pp gain will increase without needing to play higher starred maps any time soon.
what? are you crazy?!
They have a playcount of 300hrs. It's not that crazy if you look at that stat instead of the time played.
Yuudachi-kun
You dont have to acc if you dont want to
-Ene-_old_1
I'm always deranking...somehow everyone around me gets better and I don't...first world struggles
mulraf

sildee wrote:

what? are you crazy?!
They have a playcount of 300hrs. It's not that crazy if you look at that stat instead of the time played.
that was sarcasm :P
mizuki-chan
acc>FC
you played very well if you get good acc on a map
99,50% not FC is far better than 90% FC
Yuudachi-kun

mizuki-chan wrote:

acc>FC
This is completely wrong and you don't have to play this way if you don't want to. If you develop aim and speed from low acc fc'ing higher starred maps then high accing easier maps becomes trivial since you don't struggle to actually fc the map. I think I was stuck with a lot of low 90-95% fcs on 5* maps when I had 4,000pp. Then I improved acc on all the easier maps and gained another 400 because those maps were easy as fuck to fc and all I had to concentrate on was acc.

If you constantly feel you have to get good acc and can't play harder stuff without it you're just holding yourself back.
mizuki-chan

Khelly wrote:

mizuki-chan wrote:

acc>FC
This is completely wrong and you don't have to play this way if you don't want to. If you develop aim and speed from low acc fc'ing higher starred maps then high accing easier maps becomes trivial since you don't struggle to actually fc the map. I think I was stuck with a lot of low 90-95% fcs on 5* maps when I had 4,000pp. Then I improved acc on all the easier maps and gained another 400 because those maps were easy as fuck to fc and all I had to concentrate on was acc.

If you constantly feel you have to get good acc and can't play harder stuff without it you're just holding yourself back.
if i think about it, it actually sounds logic. im impressed now....
chainpullz
Kelly only has shit acc on difficult maps. If you look at maps more aimed at his level of play his acc on those is pretty decent. If you can't even acc the recommended difficulty well enough to get pp then you should probably feel a bit bad. Those maps are considered to be easy for you.
Yuudachi-kun
That 82% 7* one miss play