forum

Any great anitvirus recommendation?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[ro]Nosteal
try PC Optimizer Pro, it's the best!
I'm losing thousands of dollars per second!
You will never get such a good deal* like that!

*for them
Jellyblob
x
abraker

FuZ wrote:

dont use antivirus and learn to use the internet
Or if you still can't learn that, then learn to use a virtual machine.
Rurree
sarcasm not detected

Panda still best antivirus
The Gambler

Jellyblob56 wrote:

Damn I thought that bait was low quality...
Jellyblob
x
DeletedUser_6709840
My personal choice is Webroot, it's saved me from some nasty viruses and would recommend. It makes sure my yaoi viewing is safe
Mahogany
I have an amazing antivirus

It's called common sense

Realistically all you need is minor internet experience and an adblocker
NaTha
i got kaspersky
NeXt4r_
i have one
clearner service
NeXt4r_

Jellyblob56 wrote:

LMAO
Wuxo
Don't use any, the best antivirus are you, yourself. If you're careful which sites you visit, and if you don't watch po*n you don't really need realtime protection.
Use malwarebytes to scan your pc once a month and you should be fine
Jeremii
PC came bundled with Windows Defender
Can't disable realtime protection
*excludes .exe, .com, .zip from analysis*
I'm fine now

But yeah, if you keep Windows Defender it's more than enough, using MalwareBytes periodically to do a fullscan is always useful
Jellyblob
x
FuZ

Jellyblob56 wrote:

going to bump this thread to remind everyone that not having an antivirus is fucking retarded.
No reason to take the risk when you can just download a free piece of software that barely takes up any space that can save your computer from permanent harm or general inconvenience.
You should be safe on sites you go to though even with a anti-virus ofc but you shouldn't go without one that's fucking stupid.
Paying for antivirus is also stupid.
why would i waste cpu and ram usage for nothing?

having an antivirus is useless unless you're a dumbfuck. when i had one all the alerts i received were false positive because of pirated games or things like that
Mahogany
^

Adblock + Common sense is the only antivirus you need
Jellyblob
x
Mahogany
Every frame counts. A lot. Do you even play videogames?
Rurree
You guys take this shit way too seriously lol
Endaris

peppy wrote:

Virus scanners aren't necessary in this day and age.
Niyani
I use Avast Free Antivirus + AdBlock.

Always we need to use anti-virus to be safe on the Internet, because any malware you can steal your data. For example downloading programs, videos, music, or a simple image can have a virus.
Jellyblob
x
FuZ
but its useless
Mahogany

Jellyblob56 wrote:

inb4 not everyone has supercomputers
you can find avast in your task manager and end the task and open back up when you're browsing
inb4 it's pointless
Sometimes people don't just go on youtube/facebook/twitter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also

>supercomputer
>970

pick one

Jellyblob56 wrote:

Closing a single background program that only takes 0-5% cpu isn't going to boost you from 45 frames to 60
More frames = less mouse lag = Much better experience at 0 cost
roufou
just use a malwarebytes scan whenever you feel like you've explored risky terrain

don't need to keep it launced 24/7
Arzenvald
not fan of scanning, avira real time protection is bae
Topic Starter

ajeemaniz wrote:

not fan of scanning, avira real time protection is bae
DING DING DING RETARD ALERT
Jellyblob
x
Mahogany

Jellyblob56 wrote:

I have almost 3 times more hours than you and that's on steam games alone.
>Implying I haven't spent absurd amounts of time playing games off of steam. I've spent over 1k hours playing FF12 on my PS2, and that's just a single game.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

My computer must be a super computer compared to yours
>970
>Supercomputer
>970
>Supercomputer

You're killing me here

Jellyblob56 wrote:

And if you don't already know: If you have a 60 Hz monitor you can only display 60 fps, 120Hz will display 120fps, etc. So no, not every frame counts.
You don't know shit about frame latency. Educate yourself. Some games deal with frame latency better than others, but I still find it hard to enjoy anything below 300fps if I'm playing competitively.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

It may change the input delay by a few milliseconds which really doesn't matter unless you already have a hefty amount of input delay from having shitty gear.
It's the difference between having a smooth enjoyable experience and a horrible stuttery mess.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

Having 2000 frames on a 60hz monitor the difference is almost non-existent.
It absolutely makes a massive difference.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

it's a really good idea to have an antivirus
No shit it's a good idea to have an antivirus, but you don't need one like some people seem to believe, if you have an adblocker and a modicum of common sense.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

get fukin educated
why are you so insecure that you're trying to fight me instead of having an actual discussion
Jellyblob
x
Mahogany

Jellyblob56 wrote:

>compared
>compared
>compared
A 970 is not a super anything in any comparison

It's a reasonable GPU for playing modern games and that's it.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

>Implying that that 1k hour makes up for over 5000 more hours I have over you
>Implying the only game I've ever played before getting a PC was FF12

Jellyblob56 wrote:

>Implying that you still have a decent amount of hours compared to me even though I had xbox live on the 360 alone for 5 years before moving to PC
>Implying I haven't played on PS1+PS2 for 8 years before getting a PC

Jellyblob56 wrote:

Then how on earth can you survive on a 60 hz monitor
I don't, I have a 144hz monitor I use for anything competitive

Also, you don't understand a thing I'm saying, because that was in reference to frame latency, not refresh rate.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

No, it isn't. There is barely any difference at all.
There's plenty of difference. Limit osu to 120fps and the difference between that and uncapped is immediately apparent.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

I've been staring at computer screens all my life and I can barely make out the difference. Yes it's there, but it's not going to affect whether you kill the baddie or not or whether you get a headache or not.
casual

Jellyblob56 wrote:

All CS surfing is is moving your mouse and syncing keys
You just described every game ever made, congrats

Jellyblob56 wrote:

this isn't my first computer so I've had a bit of experience with different framerates and different Hz monitors
Nor is this my first computer, I've also had plenty of experience with different framerates and monitors.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

That's an massive overstatement. It doesnt. It becomes exponentially less apparent as the frames go higher same goes for Hz
If you're used to extremely high framerates, it is extremely apparent. Of course diminishing returns applies, but it's very noticeable to a trained eye.

Jellyblob56 wrote:

that was my finishing move. Wasn't supposed to be too personal
finishing move what???
Jellyblob
x
OzzyOzrock
microsoft security esssentials 1995 works best imo
Mahogany

Jellyblob56 wrote:

If your pc loses frames from a background program that barely uses up anything, then yes. It is. And yes, it is a pretty reasonable GPU for it's price and preformance.
Any program will use up CPU power which then can't be used for the game resulting in fewer frames

It literally doesn't work any other way, unless the programmer of the game is fucking retarded in which case you shouldn't be playing it

Jellyblob56 wrote:

If your pc loses frames from a background program that barely uses up anything, then yes.
see above. Frame Latency is a bitch

Jellyblob56 wrote:

yeah but there is less of doing anything else such as shooting so you can focus more on that.
yeah but in comp CS there's less of doing anything such as surfing so you can focus more on shooting

Jellyblob56 wrote:

very?
yes, very
FuZ
jellybob send me your gtx 970 and ill install an antivirus

also you're all fucking casuals kys

Jellyblob
x
NeXt4r_
ohhh i got another one windows XD PRO OPTIMIZER 2016 COME WITH BEZT TOOLBARS WHEN YOU OPEN WINDOWS ECCHI
Arzenvald
oshit forgot its ot kms w
baidu antivirus & baidu pc faster
-Kyu
SMADAV

lol
Jellyblob
x
show more