forum

Accuracy practice mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
The point of this new mode is that you don't get just 300/100/50/misses if you hit the note. Instead of that you get from 0 to 300 points, depends on how accurate you are.
For example, let's take a map with OD8. In ordinary play you get 300 if you clicked less than 30 ms earlier/later from the note timepoint, 100 if less than 74 ms and 50 if less than 118 ms. With new gamemode you will get 300 (totally perfect hit) for hiting the note less than 30/(300-100)=0.15ms, 299 points from 0.15 to 0.30 ms and so on. So if you hit -15.62 ms from note's timepoint, you'll get 196 points.
This mode will describe players' accuracy in much better way. Here is the document that illustrates score system for different OD.
NeXt4r_
tldr (too long didnt read)
Bara-

faiswusuf wrote:

Really dude
It's only 8 lines...

I like this, but I don't think practice mode will ever come, let alone something as this
Topic Starter
XEPCOH

Bara- wrote:

faiswusuf wrote:

Really dude
It's only 8 lines...

I like this, but I don't think practice mode will ever come, let alone something as this
there can be another scoreboard for this mode (no pp for this, just for fun)
Endaris
While the idea itself is interesting, it is nonsense to go for an approach fully based on floating numbers imo.
Upon reaching a certain proximity in hit accuracy (that is also dependent on the speed and density of the song) it is not possible to tell a difference between the hit and the song even if it is a couple ms off unless checking multiple times at various speed (aka how you time an offset).
As such it doesn't seem right if you don't get 300 points for hitting 4ms off because when hitting 4ms off, chances are that the deviation from the framebuffering and random deviations from your inputdevices played the biggest role in the "bad" result.
I totally support a reduced score for everything that is clearly outside of the core of the 300-area though.
Underforest
I'm neutral about this idea. Honestly, I don't think this mode can be added.
You have the special and difficulty reduction mods for playing and also...

peppy wrote:

If you wish to practice play maps, you are welcome to use the editor test mode.
Starrodkirby86
For now, if you want to analyze some of your hit errors to improve your accuracy, one quick way would be to hover your mouse over the ranking graph to see your average hit error throughout the map and your Unstable Rate. You can also upload your replay to this site, and you can see average timing error and also your hit error for notes that aren't a 300.
Ashton

Underforest wrote:

I'm neutral about this idea. Honestly, I don't think this mode can be added.
You have the special and difficulty reduction mods for playing and also...

peppy wrote:

If you wish to practice play maps, you are welcome to use the editor test mode.

I agree with forest

Try Mcosu for practice?
JPili
I wish this was the way osu scored us, tbh. Reward those players with crazy accuracy. It'll probably never happen though since it'd trigger so many people if they changed the way scoring works.
Chrli

faiswusuf wrote:

Smh, whats the point in posting then? Just leave it and get out tbh.

Anyway as for this idea, seems cool to have a mode like this but I don't think itl be added either. Although I would like to have a good accuracy practice which shows me how well I do perfectly :L
abraker

Don Omar wrote:

Here is the document that illustrates score system for different OD.
So everyone knows, those just follow a linear equation. Personally, I would have made them follow a bell curve. Here is an example in Desmos that I did which constructs a Bell curve for the acc you want the hit to be worth at 16.6 ms from center (or for whatever ms value you put in the last function on the bottom).
_Yiiiii
Good idea for players but not suitable for a game, real game need no practice mode and pls enjoy the game : )
Stitchie
If you want to practice accuracy, why don't you just play HR or edit the map to OD10? If you can SS a OD10 map then you can't get better anyway. Or if you are really into accuracy you can try OD11 with DT+HR. UR bar should show you if you click to early or to late. I don't see how this mode would actually make you better. But as a fun mod it would be cool, but not necessary i think.
Bara-
I always love it when people bump threads they disagree on...
You know, bumping it will only make it come back again
Stitchie

Bara- wrote:

I always love it when people bump threads they disagree on...
You know, bumping it will only make it come back again
Lol the thread was at the top for me. I guess there aren't many feature request posts here.
Bara-
I meant the one above you :p
He talks how this is not suited for a game, and that a practice mode in real games would be bad
Remyria

Stitchie wrote:

If you want to practice accuracy, why don't you just play HR or edit the map to OD10? If you can SS a OD10 map then you can't get better anyway. Or if you are really into accuracy you can try OD11 with DT+HR. UR bar should show you if you click to early or to late. I don't see how this mode would actually make you better. But as a fun mod it would be cool, but not necessary i think.
mcosu goes up to like...14 in all OD/HP/AR etc. I think