Total Posts
show more
Logic Agent
congrats
Arzenvald
bamf when
grats btw /w/
HappyRocket88
After a long time, you finally did it! Pretty much deserved award! \:3/ Congratulations!
Renumi
gratsu
Ashton
Good job
Kyouren
Gratzz for your first ranked map! >w</
Renumi
uh
wot blanket 00:12:950 (1,2) - in hard
Topic Starter
beaw

Renumi wrote:

uh
wot blanket 00:12:950 (1,2) - in hard
Inb4 DQ
Renumi
dq pls player experience is at risk how can we advance and grow more as a community of mappers and players when this is made present as official in game content I am unironically disgusted someone please do something about this as I feel extremely uncomfortable having said issue in this map how did two bns look at this pattern or diff if at all no disrespecterino and allow i feel so humiliated to be a part of this community I'm done I'm leaving this game goodbye I can't
_handholding

Renumi wrote:

dq pls player experience is at risk how can we advance and grow more as a community of mappers and players when this is made present as official in game content I am unironically disgusted someone please do something about this as I feel extremely uncomfortable having said issue in this map how did two bns look at this pattern or diff if at all no disrespecterino and allow i feel so humiliated to be a part of this community I'm done I'm leaving this game goodbye I can't
"disrespecterino"
Mir
Hi I have some concerns about some of the difficulties.

[LGV]
  1. Firstly, why does LGV's Hyper use kicksliders, but the topdiff doesn't? Kicksliders are generally considered difficult, and if they're used in a lower diff doesn't it make sense to use it in the higher diff? That said, the usage in LGV's diff is really hard to play anyways, because the kicksliders like 00:28:950 (1) - are emphasizing a held sound, which makes little sense if any. These specific ones should all be 1/2 sliders like the top diff if you really want my opinion on it. 00:31:750 (1,2) - are fine for reference.
  2. 00:40:150 (5) - NC? Not many 1-downbeat combos go over 4 for the most part, so this looks really weird, especially when the downbeat isn't NC'd.
Now for the real concerns:

[Top Diff]
  1. 00:22:550 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - There is no 1/4 in this part, and the hitsounds are not appropriate for this either. They sound really harsh and are on every 1/4 beat. This shouldn't be a stream in the first place.
  2. 00:27:750 (1) - so you use one NC structure here that seems to be on every strong bass beat, which is fine, by all means do that. But it's inconsistent with 00:32:150 (1) - this part of the song, where you do it every downbeat. As you said in the comments of your map, the rhythm is boring and there are no interesting changes, thus the NC structure should be kept similar.
  3. 00:25:750 (1) - 00:26:950 (1) - 00:27:750 (1) - so these make sense because they're on the bass kick or whatever, which is fine, but then 00:28:950 (1,2) - shouldn't this be a slider to keep the rhythm consistent? Same goes for 00:35:350 (1,2).
    1. 00:41:750 - From here the rhythm structure completely changes from following the bass kicks to... something else? What is it following? If you're gonna say the snares then 00:46:350 (6) - should be a slider. Either way, changing the whole rhythm of the map while the song is still the same (the only change is the pitch, the rhythm is still the same) is inconsistent and should be changed.
  4. 00:48:150 (1,2,3,4) - Mapped with much lower density despite being the buildup to the end of the cut, should all be 1/2 because you weren't against doing that in the beginning 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  5. As a general point, the map flows really awkwardly in my opinion due to how you put some of the sliders, like what is 00:33:750 (1,2,3) - this or 00:35:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -? This is really bad flow especially considering you don't do it consistently. If you intend to emphasize a sound with uncomfortable flow, all instances of that sound should be mapped the same. That isn't the case considering 00:31:350 (2,3,4) - 00:30:550 (2,3,1) - Generally the flow isn't consistent enough. EDIT: Okay maybe I wasn't really clear here, but what I mean with uncomfortable is the slider velocity used is generally slower than the speed at which the player is jumping, and when you move to a sliderhead through it's own body you're going to be moving backwards through said body. If the speed at which you enter is slower than that which you follow the slider in, the flow would seem uncomfortable. That's exactly what's going on here. Sorry if this wasn't clear enough before.
  6. Also, I'm not one to moan about aesthetics, but the visual distance between objects in places makes the map look really bad, some examples: 00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:30:950 (1,2,3,4) - 00:30:150 (1,2,3,1) - (3 should be stacked under the first 1's tail actually, but whatever) Also: http://i.imgur.com/Iw239RD.jpg Should say enough really, you didn't use the space given to you, and thus the map looks cluttered and the aesthetic suffers because of that.
  7. Concerning the "theme" here, which seems to be back-and-forth as you told me months ago when I checked this map, it's executed inconsistently. 00:34:550 (4,5,6) - Should be back-and-forth too and 00:44:950 (1,2,3,4) too etc.
  8. And the final point is object placement seems really, really random, like I can barely see patterns if I tried to. Examples: 00:25:750 (1,4,1) - 00:29:950 (5,1,2,3,1) - 00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:49:750 (1,2,3,4) - and the patterns you do try to make eg. 00:43:350 (1,2,3,4) - are executed really poorly and could definitely be improved.
[Hard]
  1. 00:13:750 (3,4) - Consistently misplaced emphasis. 3 is clearly stronger than 4, but 3 has less emphasis than 4? 00:15:350 (7,8,1) - Same for this, 1 is clearly stronger, but 8 is emphasized more for some reason.
  2. 00:20:950 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Is this supposed to be a pattern? What about this 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ? I can't see anything clearly recognizable. It looks really, really random.
  3. 00:22:550 (1,2,3) - Again, clearly no 1/4 here but mapped 1/4.
  4. 00:35:750 (3,4,5,6,1,2) - This is just ugly. 00:36:150 (5,1) - Is never done anywhere else either.
  5. 00:40:950 (5) - Reason for skipping these beats? There's no special sound to emphasize here.
  6. Same complaints about the aesthetics as the topdiff, this difficulty actually uses the playfield better, so that's good. But 00:28:150 (4,5,6,7,1) - this could be tidied up as one of the few patterns in this diff. 00:31:350 (4,5,6,1) - No equal visual spacing whatsoever. 00:35:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Do I even have to comment on this one?
Stacks in Advanced: 00:43:350 (5,4) - 00:46:550 (1,5) -

I could keep saying the same sort of things about the lower difficulties, so I'll stop here with the specifics.

Generally this mapset does not seem to have any structure whatsoever in terms of aesthetic or theme in general. Somehow this got qualified so there must be some reasoning behind this, but reading the thread I'm not really convinced in all honesty.
Topic Starter
beaw

Mir wrote:

stuff
Uhm where were you before this was qualified
It seems you only care now that it's qualified
You could've mentioned this before
You know, like before it was qualified and stuff
Mir

Stingy wrote:

Mir wrote:

stuff
Irrelevant.

It matters more now that it is qualified, whether I noticed before or not really doesn't matter. When a map is qualified, it's put out for the whole community to judge it. Don't blame me for modding your map, you should blame your map for making me mod it.
Yuii-
Also, shouldn't the current offset have -15 to the current timing or so? I feel like it's a tad off.
Ashton
sorry stingy, but I have to agree with Mir.

I think Mir explains all of the points in my previous mods in a much more constructive way + more
Renumi
actually agree as well /: (soz)
riffy

Mir wrote:

Don't blame me for modding your map, you should blame your map for making me mod it.
Why should we blame anyone? A mod is a mod, you make it sound like something negative, yet, the whole point of having a map qualified is to get more people to check it. Getting a map disqualified is not a bad thing, ignoring potential ways to improve the map is.

Please, reply to the suggestions properly, Stingy. It is perfectly fine to agree with the modder as well as to disagree with them. Try to be reasonable and focus on quality rather than on keeping an icon.

I don't think we need "I agree" comments here, unless you have something else to add to the points discussed. Thank you for the feedback, though. I'll leave the rest up to the mapper.
Mir

Bakari wrote:

Mir wrote:

Don't blame me for modding your map, you should blame your map for making me mod it.
Why should we blame anyone? A mod is a mod, you make it sound like something negative, yet, the whole point of having a map qualified is to get more people to check it. Getting a map disqualified is not a bad thing, ignoring potential ways to improve the map is.
True, it's not a bad thing. But the way Stingy replied was very accusative, and I didn't really appreciate that. I apologize.
Topic Starter
beaw
Mir's DQ

Mir wrote:

[LGV]
  1. Firstly, why does LGV's Hyper use kicksliders, but the topdiff doesn't? Kicksliders are generally considered difficult, and if they're used in a lower diff doesn't it make sense to use it in the higher diff? That said, the usage in LGV's diff is really hard to play anyways, because the kicksliders like 00:28:950 (1) - are emphasizing a held sound, which makes little sense if any. These specific ones should all be 1/2 sliders like the top diff if you really want my opinion on it. 00:31:750 (1,2) - are fine for reference. I don't think I like kicksliders in my map. That's why I didn't put them. It was his GD, so his style is going to be different
  2. 00:40:150 (5) - NC? Not many 1-downbeat combos go over 4 for the most part, so this looks really weird, especially when the downbeat isn't NC'd.

[Top Diff]
  1. 00:22:550 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - There is no 1/4 in this part, and the hitsounds are not appropriate for this either. They sound really harsh and are on every 1/4 beat. This shouldn't be a stream in the first place. There are 1/4.
  2. 00:27:750 (1) - so you use one NC structure here that seems to be on every strong bass beat, which is fine, by all means do that. But it's inconsistent with 00:32:150 (1) - this part of the song, where you do it every downbeat. As you said in the comments of your map, the rhythm is boring and there are no interesting changes, thus the NC structure should be kept similar. The NCs follow the higher synth.
  3. 00:25:750 (1) - 00:26:950 (1) - 00:27:750 (1) - so these make sense because they're on the bass kick or whatever, which is fine, but then 00:28:950 (1,2) - shouldn't this be a slider to keep the rhythm consistent? Same goes for 00:35:350 (1,2).
    1. 00:41:750 - From here the rhythm structure completely changes from following the bass kicks to... something else? What is it following? If you're gonna say the snares then 00:46:350 (6) - should be a slider. Either way, changing the whole rhythm of the map while the song is still the same (the only change is the pitch, the rhythm is still the same) is inconsistent and should be changed. You can hear this rhythm in the music. Although it's the same, you can "hear" the emphasis differently in the music.
  4. 00:48:150 (1,2,3,4) - Mapped with much lower density despite being the buildup to the end of the cut, should all be 1/2 because you weren't against doing that in the beginning 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The map is about to end. Why hype it up?
  5. As a general point, the map flows really awkwardly in my opinion due to how you put some of the sliders, like what is 00:33:750 (1,2,3) - this (3) point to (4).or 00:35:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -? This flow uses directional emphasis. It actually is consistent.This is really bad flow especially considering you don't do it consistently. If you intend to emphasize a sound with uncomfortable flow, all instances of that sound should be mapped the same. That isn't the case considering 00:31:350 (2,3,4) - 00:30:550 (2,3,1) - Generally the flow isn't consistent enough. ? I really don't see a problem with any of this
  6. Also, I'm not one to moan about aesthetics, but the visual distance between objects in places makes the map look really bad, some examples: 00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:30:950 (1,2,3,4) - 00:30:150 (1,2,3,1) - (3 should be stacked under the first 1's tail actually, but whatever That make it hard to read and there's no change for direction; the change is what I wanted.) Also: http://i.imgur.com/Iw239RD.jpg Should say enough really, you didn't use the space given to you, and thus the map looks cluttered and the aesthetic suffers because of that.
  7. Concerning the "theme" here, which seems to be back-and-forth as you told me months ago when I checked this map, it's executed inconsistently. 00:34:550 (4,5,6) - Should be back-and-forth too and 00:44:950 (1,2,3,4) too etc. Not back-and-forth, it's "sharp".
  8. And the final point is object placement seems really, really random, like I can barely see patterns if I tried to. Examples: 00:25:750 (1,4,1) - where's the problem? 00:29:950 (5,1,2,3,1) - ?00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ?? 00:49:750 (1,2,3,4) - and the patterns you do try to make eg. 00:43:350 (1,2,3,4) - are executed really poorly and could definitely be improved.
[Hard]
  1. 00:13:750 (3,4) - Consistently misplaced emphasis. 3 is clearly stronger than 4, but 3 has less emphasis than 4? 00:15:350 (7,8,1) - Same for this, 1 is clearly stronger, but 8 is emphasized more for some reason. Emphasis is directional
  2. 00:20:950 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Is this supposed to be a pattern? What about this 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ? I can't see anything clearly recognizable. It looks really, really random. No not really
  3. 00:22:550 (1,2,3) - Again, clearly no 1/4 here but mapped 1/4. Please listen closer.
  4. 00:35:750 (3,4,5,6,1,2) - This is just ugly. 00:36:150 (5,1) - Is never done anywhere else either. It makes the occurrence of overlaps less spread.
  5. 00:40:950 (5) - Reason for skipping these beats? There's no special sound to emphasize here. It's the end of the phrase, so it ends with an easier rhythm
  6. Same complaints about the aesthetics as the topdiff, this difficulty actually uses the playfield better, so that's good. But 00:28:150 (4,5,6,7,1) - this could be tidied up as one of the few patterns in this diff. 00:31:350 (4,5,6,1) - No equal visual spacing whatsoever. 00:35:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Do I even have to comment on this one?

I could keep saying the same sort of things about the lower difficulties, so I'll stop here with the specifics.

Generally this mapset does not seem to have any structure whatsoever in terms of aesthetic or theme in general. Somehow this got qualified so there must be some reasoning behind this, but reading the thread I'm not really convinced in all honesty.
riffy
I'll give these suggestions a look as well, give me some time. Probably later today.
Shiirn
okay so like for real

your emphasis on the top diff is completely fucking random and nonsensical and it doesn't seem to know when to use 1/2 sliders and when to spam circles and there's literally no coherence or relevance to the song.

You should really go over the map and actually note where the synth is weaker or straight up doesn't exist and actually re-do the map so that the 1/2 sliders are actually following the squeaky melody rather than......whatever completely messed up jumble you have right now.

Just because the map is playable and plays fine doesn't mean it's good or even follows the music. This is a shitdump song, but doesn't need to have a shitdump map.
Shiranai
Getting a disqualification is not always a bad thing, why most mappers with their first qualified try to avoid that so much :shrugs:
Anyway congrats, hope for the best.
Mir

Stingy wrote:

Mir wrote:

[LGV]
  1. Firstly, why does LGV's Hyper use kicksliders, but the topdiff doesn't? Kicksliders are generally considered difficult, and if they're used in a lower diff doesn't it make sense to use it in the higher diff? That said, the usage in LGV's diff is really hard to play anyways, because the kicksliders like 00:28:950 (1) - are emphasizing a held sound, which makes little sense if any. These specific ones should all be 1/2 sliders like the top diff if you really want my opinion on it. 00:31:750 (1,2) - are fine for reference. I don't think I like kicksliders in my map. That's why I didn't put them. It was his GD, so his style is going to be different That doesn't really disvalue the point about spread though. Just because it's a GD doesn't mean it should use more difficult elements than in higher difficulties.

[Top Diff]
  1. 00:22:550 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - There is no 1/4 in this part, and the hitsounds are not appropriate for this either. They sound really harsh and are on every 1/4 beat. This shouldn't be a stream in the first place. There are 1/4. Okay, so there may be 1/4. Why blend both the drum, tick tick noise (idk what it's called the gross sound lol), and the barely noticeable background sounds into a fully clickable stream that has the highest aim and tapping strain in the map.
  2. 00:27:750 (1) - so you use one NC structure here that seems to be on every strong bass beat, which is fine, by all means do that. But it's inconsistent with 00:32:150 (1) - this part of the song, where you do it every downbeat. As you said in the comments of your map, the rhythm is boring and there are no interesting changes, thus the NC structure should be kept similar. The NCs follow the higher synth. Then follow the higher synth in the beginning? My point still stands, the rhythm is the same, only the pitch changes. NCs are mainly used to indicate a change in rhythm, not in pitch.
    1. 00:41:750 - From here the rhythm structure completely changes from following the bass kicks to... something else? What is it following? If you're gonna say the snares then 00:46:350 (6) - should be a slider. Either way, changing the whole rhythm of the map while the song is still the same (the only change is the pitch, the rhythm is still the same) is inconsistent and should be changed. You can hear this rhythm in the music. Although it's the same, you can "hear" the emphasis differently in the music.
    Fair enough (however threadbare your argument seems), but the way it's mapped doesn't provide any emphasis whatsoever through object placement, and makes the already repetitive map even more repetitive, and this is a fundamental flaw in your map.
  4. 00:48:150 (1,2,3,4) - Mapped with much lower density despite being the buildup to the end of the cut, should all be 1/2 because you weren't against doing that in the beginning 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The map is about to end. Why hype it up? That's exactly why you hype it up though, the song itself is hyping it up. If you're going to follow the song accurately you're going to map a build up here, not 1/1 circle jumps.
  5. As a general point, the map flows really awkwardly in my opinion due to how you put some of the sliders, like what is 00:33:750 (1,2,3) - this (3) point to (4).or 00:35:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -? This flow uses directional emphasis. It actually is consistent. 00:28:950 (1,2,3) - No directional emphasis, 00:34:550 (4,5,6) - no directional emphasis, 00:42:950 (5,6,1,2) - no sharp movements, really comfortable, not directional emphasis, 00:44:550 (5,6,1) - not strong enough to really be "emphasis" since all sounds are emphasized the same. This is really bad flow especially considering you don't do it consistently. If you intend to emphasize a sound with uncomfortable flow, all instances of that sound should be mapped the same. That isn't the case considering 00:31:350 (2,3,4) - 00:30:550 (2,3,1) - Generally the flow isn't consistent enough. ? I really don't see a problem with any of this Yeah, well I just explained it.
  6. Also, I'm not one to moan about aesthetics, but the visual distance between objects in places makes the map look really bad, some examples: 00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:30:950 (1,2,3,4) - 00:30:150 (1,2,3,1) - (3 should be stacked under the first 1's tail actually, but whatever That make it hard to read and there's no change for direction; the change is what I wanted.) - Yeah but it's not hard to read and you LITERALLY JUST SAID YOU WANTED DIRECTIONAL EMPHASIS. Also: http://i.imgur.com/Iw239RD.jpg Should say enough really, you didn't use the space given to you, and thus the map looks cluttered and the aesthetic suffers because of that.
  7. Concerning the "theme" here, which seems to be back-and-forth as you told me months ago when I checked this map, it's executed inconsistently. 00:34:550 (4,5,6) - Should be back-and-forth too and 00:44:950 (1,2,3,4) too etc. Not back-and-forth, it's "sharp". - Fair enough, but look above and I pointed out areas where it's clearly not sharp movement.
  8. And the final point is object placement seems really, really random, like I can barely see patterns if I tried to. Examples: 00:25:750 (1,4,1) - where's the problem? 00:29:950 (5,1,2,3,1) - ?00:33:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ?? 00:49:750 (1,2,3,4) - and the patterns you do try to make eg. 00:43:350 (1,2,3,4) - are executed really poorly and could definitely be improved. - So you don't see a problem with SEEMINGLY RANDOMLY PLACED NOTES.
[Hard]
  1. 00:13:750 (3,4) - Consistently misplaced emphasis. 3 is clearly stronger than 4, but 3 has less emphasis than 4? 00:15:350 (7,8,1) - Same for this, 1 is clearly stronger, but 8 is emphasized more for some reason. Emphasis is directional
  2. 00:20:950 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Is this supposed to be a pattern? What about this 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ? I can't see anything clearly recognizable. It looks really, really random. No not really - "No, no, it's not really supposed to be a pattern." Then it's badly mapped, period. Everything should be related to everything else somehow through patterning. That's called structure - and you just admitted you have no problem with a structureless map?
  3. 00:22:550 (1,2,3) - Again, clearly no 1/4 here but mapped 1/4. Please listen closer. - See above
  4. 00:35:750 (3,4,5,6,1,2) - This is just ugly. 00:36:150 (5,1) - Is never done anywhere else either. It makes the occurrence of overlaps less spread. - But you never do this anywhere else, how can it be less spread if this is the ONLY INSTANCE OF IT?
  5. 00:40:950 (5) - Reason for skipping these beats? There's no special sound to emphasize here. It's the end of the phrase, so it ends with an easier rhythm - No but that's not what the song is doing... the song is still at the same intensity so this slider is literally misrepresenting the song.

There's my reply. I hope we can come to an agreement on this.

EDIT: I like how your reply has "Mir's DQ" on it. Like you know this can get dq'd for these reasons.
Topic Starter
beaw

Shiirn wrote:

okay so like for real

your emphasis on the top diff is completely fucking random and nonsensical and it doesn't seem to know when to use 1/2 sliders and when to spam circles and there's literally no coherence or relevance to the song.

You should really go over the map and actually note where the synth is weaker or straight up doesn't exist and actually re-do the map so that the 1/2 sliders are actually following the squeaky melody rather than......whatever completely messed up jumble you have right now.

Just because the map is playable and plays fine doesn't mean it's good or even follows the music. This is a shitdump song, but doesn't need to have a shitdump map.
wtf shiirn you can't come out of nowhere and come onto my map
Ashton
about the "I don't think we need i agree comments" is it not okay to give support to a person trying to DQ the map?

anyways, I think i'll run over some things Stingy denied.

You can't say "I don't like kicksliders, but the GDr does, so it's totally fine!" No it isn't, LGV's hyper has more note density then the highest diff, BUT the only reason the SR is higher for Kris-Kris-Krispe-Kreme is because of the spacing. Just because it may be LGV's style it doesn't mean your diffs can be inconsistent.

00:22:550 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - there are not any 1/4, although because of the wobbly feel of the map, it sounds like 1/4. Here are the actualy notes:

00:22:550 -
00:22:750 -
00:22:950 -
00:23:150 -
00:23:250 - (this is the only 1/4)
00:23:350 -
00:23:350 -
00:23:550 -

00:23:750 (1,2,3,4,1) - although there ARE sounds on the 1/4 here, it's 1/6. And each 1/6 should be clickable, but obviously, that would be too hard for this difficulty.

00:28:950 (1,2) - this should be a slider, you didn't respond to this: "00:25:750 (1) - 00:26:950 (1) - 00:27:750 (1) - so these make sense because they're on the bass kick or whatever, which is fine, but then 00:28:950 (1,2) - shouldn't this be a slider to keep the rhythm consistent? Same goes for 00:35:350 (1,2). "

00:33:950 (2,3) - your making the player go directly down diagonally, while your other "back and forth" patterns don't follow that same zig-zag motion. same with 00:34:750 (5,6) - this, going directly upwards diagonally.

I don't think saying things like: "Not back-and-forth, it's "sharp"." is good. I mean, you told me "it's a back-and-forth flowy map" so you have contradicting points, here.

you also replied with "No not really". Thats a very subjective way to reply to a mod. Try to look at the map how others would want to look at it. Do you wanna explain your almost absurd reasoning to every single player (who has a good sense of the game) who plays this map? If not many other people can understand your reasoning, except for a select few, and if majority says one thing is "wrong" then it would be best for you to change it rather then keep on making excuses.

Here are some things you've responded with:

" where's the problem?"

"?"

"??"

"Please listen closer" (it's okay, but maybe you should take your own lesson. There's no 1/4"

"? I really don't see a problem with any of this"

"The map is about to end. Why hype it up?" (usually the most 'hype' place is at the end"

"There are 1/4." (again, this is subjective, if you see the majority saying it isn't 1/4, then most likely, it isn't 1/4.)"

those are not proper responses.

Also, you haven't responded to my previous mods, the only people who responded were Bakari.

edit; it took me like 10 minutes to mod this and there's already 6 posts ahead of me... smh
Nao Tomori
top diff:

00:22:550 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is clearly overmapped, the sounds it is mapped to start on 1/2 and END on blue ticks. there isn't a new sound, there isn't anything warranting an object. kicksliders will work, better.

00:28:550 (4) - there isn't any reason for this to be a slider.

earlier you used sliders on sounds like 00:28:950 (1) - but now it's a circle and the slider is before that.

00:39:150 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - others mentioned this but i also strongly recommend thinking more closely about when you use stacks and when you don't. i don't see any pattern here.

00:43:750 - i think you should take a look at when you use sliders, consider only using them for the strong bass sound like the one on this slider end.
Okoratu
what i think could be changed after a dq

-> actually correcting the offset to be -12~-15 of the current (currently the map has an online offset)

what i think the map generally "suffers" from is that it is mostly trying to be the same everywhere, which is not what the song is doing. The song is highlighting different sounds, which aren't being made stand out in any way, instead everything is within the variations of "this is similar" except for a few patterns.

The song is very monotonous but that doesn't mean that that is all it is, examples where you actually break your own structure are 00:21:750 (1,2) - which is a lot larger to then be a lot smaller while being placed on a buildup, 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4) - is consistently large, 00:20:150 (1,2,3,4) - is about consistently large and so is 00:20:950 (1,2,3,4) - but one just gets a noticably bigger jump for seemingly no reason (that is made apparent by the context of the map itself)

the song makes other places stand out too, such as 00:26:550 (4) - 00:26:950 (1) - 00:28:950 (1) - 00:30:150 (1) - 00:30:950 (1) - where big drums are giving the otherwise repetitive song a bit of difference, which you seem to somewhat disregard in your map. you can highlight object either through spacing or its absence, or though breaking movement and you don't really utilise either predictably so that other people can recognise it (the factor that it is visually all over the place by avoiding patterning or grouping objects into logically connected units might be contributing)

the only way to address this issue would be to redo the entire difficulty with this in mind though.

other things that are kind-of-dodgy:
00:45:350 (2,3) - 00:39:150 (1,2) - hitsound volume leaves these more or less inaudible
Hollow Delta
I figured I'd give my own opinion on this due to the recent controversy.

Personally, I like this map. I like the fact it's patterns are creative, yet simple. It plays really well, but like most of you will agree that's not the most important aspect of the map.

I think what Okorin said about the map 'trying to be the same everywhere' when the song itself isn't the same throughout was a good statement. But personally I think the simplicity of the map is what makes it so special.
Weedy
i disagree xd

being monotonous just means that you were too lazy to put forward effort to emphasize stuff
like a 1/4 slider for bass drum, different ds, etc
squirrelpascals
NOO I HAVE TO SS THIS WITH FL AGAIN

In all seriousness, I don't think there should be so much concern about the qualification of this map. The dq for the offset is of course necessary, however. While were here though I guess I'll give you some improvements you can make for Krispy Kreme

- As far as structure goes, I think you can stack 00:28:350 (3) - on slidertail and space 00:45:550 (3,1) - . Maybe find a better placement for 00:34:750 (5) - too?

- 00:32:150 (1,2) - Maybe too much of a jump here. This spacing belongs more on the slider before it.

- You use sliders on kicks and whenever there's a 1/2 gap between the weird sound which is fine. Considering that pattern, maybe 00:28:550 (4) - and 00:34:950 (6) - can be 2 circles? This is a minor one tho

That's all I think is really necessary.
Weedy
cream puffs gd, wip, made in ~10 minutes, up to 1st kiai thing
osu file format v14
[General]
AudioFilename: Mr. Grim.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 23350
Countdown: 0
SampleSet: Normal
StackLeniency: 0.7
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
WidescreenStoryboard: 1

[Editor]
Bookmarks: 21350
DistanceSpacing: 1.9
BeatDivisor: 4
GridSize: 8
TimelineZoom: 1.5

[Metadata]
Title:Itz Mr. Grim
TitleUnicode:Itz Mr. Grim
Artist:Atik
ArtistUnicode:Atik
Creator:Stingy
Version:pika's cream puffs
Source:
Tags:It's Its Mister EDM Dubstep Wub Bass Trap HootOwlStar HOS LGV894 LGV PolkaMocha
BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:496005

[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:7
CircleSize:5
OverallDifficulty:8
ApproachRate:9
SliderMultiplier:2.1
SliderTickRate:1

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"529236.jpg",0,0
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples

[TimingPoints]
550,-133.333333333333,4,1,1,20,0,0
3350,-100,4,1,1,20,0,0
3750,-133.333333333333,4,1,1,20,0,0
6550,-90.9090909090909,4,1,1,20,0,0
6950,-117.647058823529,4,1,1,20,0,0
9750,-83.3333333333333,4,1,1,20,0,0
10150,-105.263157894737,4,1,1,20,0,0
12950,-76.9230769230769,4,1,1,25,0,0
13350,-100,4,1,1,25,0,0
13750,-200,4,1,1,25,0,0
13950,-100,4,1,1,25,0,0
14550,-71.4285714285714,4,1,1,25,0,0
14950,-90.9090909090909,4,1,1,25,0,0
15350,-181.818181818182,4,1,1,25,0,0
15550,-90.9090909090909,4,1,1,25,0,0
16150,-66.6666666666667,4,1,1,25,0,0
16550,-83.3333333333333,4,1,1,25,0,0
17750,-62.5,4,1,1,25,0,0
18150,-76.9230769230769,4,1,1,25,0,0
19350,-100,4,1,1,25,0,0
20950,-90.9090909090909,4,1,1,25,0,0
23750,-166.666666666667,4,1,1,25,0,0
24150,-100,4,1,1,25,0,0
24550,-83.3333333333333,4,1,1,25,0,0
24950,-62.5,4,1,1,25,0,0
25150,-62.5,4,1,1,25,0,0
25350,-90.9090909090909,4,1,1,25,0,0
25750,-76.9230769230769,4,1,1,25,0,1

[Colours]
Combo1 : 255,163,70
Combo2 : 128,0,64
Combo3 : 128,0,3
Combo4 : 183,43,46
Combo5 : 202,26,0
Combo6 : 255,13,13
Combo7 : 255,85,28
Combo8 : 255,131,6

[HitObjects]
73,277,150,6,0,L|183:264,1,105
258,313,550,6,0,L|268:232,1,78.7500030040742
360,289,950,2,0,L|370:208,1,78.7500030040742
462,263,1350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
407,93,1550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
291,221,1750,6,0,L|375:209,2,78.7500030040742
203,175,2350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
141,98,2550,2,0,L|136:-1,1,78.7500030040742
291,221,2950,2,0,L|296:320,1,78.7500030040742
79,212,3350,6,0,L|191:194,1,105
294,142,3750,6,0,L|290:220,1,78.7500030040742
388,183,4150,2,0,L|384:261,1,78.7500030040742
493,228,4550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
373,85,4750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
308,284,4950,6,0,L|400:256,2,78.7500030040742
218,245,5550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
131,199,5750,2,0,L|55:221,1,78.7500030040742
302,187,6150,2,0,L|377:164,1,78.7500030040742
62,133,6550,6,0,L|-58:128,1,115.50000352478
226,106,6950,6,0,L|117:81,1,89.2500017023087
389,169,7350,2,0,L|286:189,2,89.2500017023087
467,93,7950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
474,214,8150,6,0,L|494:317,1,89.2500017023087
301,186,8550,2,0,L|281:83,1,89.2500017023087
351,18,8950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
362,38,9150,1,0,0:0:0:0:
374,58,9350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
383,122,9550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
316,311,9750,6,0,L|301:186,1,125.999996154785
92,227,10150,6,0,L|210:251,1,99.7499973363877
386,289,10550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
307,219,10750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
189,246,10950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
379,296,11150,1,0,0:0:0:0:
332,107,11350,6,0,P|328:57|331:-6,2,99.7499973363877
374,223,11950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
291,311,12150,6,0,B|256:325|256:325|186:321,2,99.7499973363877
314,249,12750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
291,184,12950,6,0,B|281:117|281:117|293:31,1,136.499993751526
370,21,13350,5,0,0:0:0:0:
448,55,13550,2,0,L|439:113,1,52.5
417,214,13750,2,0,L|434:251,1,26.25
364,116,13950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
329,248,14150,1,0,0:0:0:0:
371,127,14350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
423,307,14550,6,0,B|326:322|326:322|249:303,1,146.999995513916
165,266,14950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
70,319,15150,2,0,L|89:380,1,57.7500017623902
176,274,15350,2,0,L|169:318,1,28.8750008811951
288,315,15550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
79,329,15750,2,0,L|98:390,1,57.7500017623902
297,324,15950,1,0,0:0:0:0:
100,248,16150,6,0,B|23:237|23:237|-58:249,1,157.500006008148
91,147,16550,2,0,L|58:10,1,125.999996154785
202,177,16950,2,0,L|169:40,1,125.999996154785
308,198,17350,2,0,L|275:61,1,125.999996154785
248,269,17750,6,0,B|303:288|303:288|464:262,1,168
202,177,18150,2,0,P|150:255|161:320,1,136.499993751526
326,105,18550,2,0,L|171:45,1,136.499993751526
381,200,18950,2,0,B|422:146|422:146|431:59,1,136.499993751526
325,253,19350,6,0,L|335:315,1,52.5
191,238,19550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
58,225,19750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
310,247,19950,6,0,L|320:309,1,52.5
275,235,20150,2,0,L|285:297,1,52.5
240,223,20350,2,0,L|250:285,1,52.5
10,174,20550,5,0,0:0:0:0:
322,252,20750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
33,187,20950,6,0,L|44:260,1,57.7500017623902
179,156,21150,1,0,0:0:0:0:
330,125,21350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
59,204,21550,6,0,L|70:279,1,57.7500017623902
102,181,21750,2,0,L|113:256,1,57.7500017623902
146,158,21950,2,0,L|157:233,1,57.7500017623902
329,46,22150,5,0,0:0:0:0:
53,216,22350,1,0,0:0:0:0:
403,102,22550,6,0,L|422:163,1,57.7500017623902
335,169,22750,1,0,0:0:0:0:
335,169,22850,1,0,0:0:0:0:
335,169,22950,6,0,L|354:230,1,57.7500017623902
267,236,23150,1,0,0:0:0:0:
267,236,23250,1,0,0:0:0:0:
267,236,23350,6,0,L|286:297,1,57.7500017623902
199,303,23550,1,0,0:0:0:0:
199,303,23650,1,0,0:0:0:0:
199,303,23750,6,0,B|164:314|143:315|143:315|126:306|126:306|101:317,1,94.499997116089
25,271,24150,6,0,P|9:198|8:171,1,52.5
274,86,24350,2,0,P|268:111|260:136,1,52.5
102,212,24550,6,0,P|125:165|152:137,1,62.9999980773926
366,262,24750,2,0,P|383:287|395:317,1,62.9999980773926
213,231,24950,6,0,P|210:266|207:232,1,84
306,148,25150,6,0,P|301:182|305:148,1,84
165,99,25350,6,0,P|205:96|153:126,1,173.250005287171
so can i map ur extra thing im gud at mapping i think
xd
_handholding
everyone started modding after my post. I feel guilty now :/
Est-
nic map brO
Net0

Irrelevant.

It matters more now that it is qualified, whether I noticed before or not really doesn't matter. When a map is qualified, it's put out for the whole community to judge it. Don't blame me for modding your map, you should blame your map for making me mod it.
Take it easy on him. It's easy to understand his reaction. It's hard to get that far in the ranking process and seeing someone who didn't get involved with the project just step on it out of nowhere can really unbalance some ppl. I agree that qualification it's a way to show community the map and all that stuff, but I also believe that the modding effort should be given while the map is still looking for mods and it's a WIP map.

Hypothetically speaking, qualification status should mean that the map was already modded enough to the point that most people involved with it are actually satisfied with the result, as well as being approved by two members of the community that are supposedly to give this map a really deep checking for then get it finally into qualified. As result of that, the map will be exposed to the most experienced mappers(QATS+BN is around 92 ppl) that will have around a week to see through a list of 30 maps +/-, if something wrong actually passed by everyone involved on the mapset.

The moment when people are randomly scroling the qualified section, opening the map, seeing a bunch of things they don't like and completelly ignoring all the modding involved with it before the bubble and posting while qualified it's really frustranting to the owner of the mapset and I do not encourage regular modders in doing that. We should not be healing wounds, but prevented them from happening.

If there are so many mistakes on this map as so many people are now poiting out, then what's up with all the previous modding? Seems like something is wrong with how hypotetically things should work and how they're actually being done. It could be either the modders didn't checking the mappers reply, or the mapper not really replying to modders, etc, etc.

Not trying to speak as an expert or accuse anyone of anything. Just taking the oportunity to take this matter into proper discussion.
Since it's now WIP once again I'll three suggestions, no kds;
[Advanced]
  1. I don’t see the point of making this particular part of the song 00:46:550 - ~00:48:050 – have a faster slider velocity compared to the intensity of the end 00:48:150 - ~ 00:50:850 - . Also, if you consider how you made the spread in your own diffs, you made advanced have a slider velocity change that you didn't repeat on the hard difficulty, that keeps the same speed.
[Hard]
  1. I don’t see much of a reason to make the flow from this 1/2 sliders followed by circles here 00:25:750 (1,2) - /00:30:150 (5,1,2,3) - different in the other sections; 00:26:950 (5,1,3,4) - / 00:29:350 (2,3) - / 00:31:350 (4,5) - . You could probably structure the first kiai in two parts, from the start 00:25:750 – to here 00:28:950 - and up until the end of it. With that, you can make the flow innovation inside each of this or in like a linear/jump/jump idea, or whatever you think about. Just make sure is not as random as it is now.
  2. You first started the pattern with a stack idea 00:33:150 (2,1,2,5) – and then switched it to overlap 00:36:150 (5,1) - . If this was at least consistent with the previous kiai I would not mention it, but it’s not since the previous kiai didn’t even stack anything other then this 00:36:150 (5,1) - , it definitely could use some improvement. To whatever idea you want to keep with (mostly linear motion with almost no stacks; 00:25:750 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2) - ; stacks 00:33:150 (2,1,2,5) - ; or overlaps 00:29:350 (2,3) - / 00:36:150 (5,1) – make sure you’re actually being consistent with them.

I’d like to say for example how well you actually mapped the 1/1 gaps on the advanced diff 00:26:550 (3,1) - / 00:28:550 (5,1) - / 00:29:750 (3,4) - / 00:37:750 (3,1) - / even tho it might be a questionable decision, it was consistent for all the kiai part of the map.
I hope that you can add some of what Mir, Shiirn, Nao Tomori, Whirl and Okorin said to make the top diff more appealing.
Good luck with this mapset, I hope that this dq won't stop you from trying it again o/
Logic Agent

Net0 wrote:

If there are so mistakes on this map as so many people are now poiting out, then what's up with all the previous modding? Seems like something is wrong with how hypotetically things should work and how they're actually being done. It could be either the modders didn't checking the mappers reply, or the mapper not really replying to modders, etc, etc.
that's not how it works though, you can't possibly expect every person to look at a map and get everyones opinion on it before qualification. it's only natural that more people are able to give their opinion when the map is put in qualified, where there's a bigger spotlight. not all mods are high quality mods, and sometimes the best feedback you get "hurts your feelings" the most.
Topic Starter
beaw

Logic Agent wrote:

Net0 wrote:

If there are so mistakes on this map as so many people are now poiting out, then what's up with all the previous modding? Seems like something is wrong with how hypotetically things should work and how they're actually being done. It could be either the modders didn't checking the mappers reply, or the mapper not really replying to modders, etc, etc.
that's not how it works though, you can't possibly expect every person to look at a map and get everyones opinion on it before qualification. it's only natural that more people are able to give their opinion when the map is put in qualified, where there's a bigger spotlight. not all mods are high quality mods, and sometimes the best feedback you get "hurts your feelings" the most.
Okay but he legit modded the map a while ago and pointed out nothing that he pointed out this time. The mods were completely different.
To me, it did genuinely seem like he only cared because I was farther ahead than him.
It's just the fact that he had already looked at it before and said nothing that upset me. He waited until qualification to point out wrong things that he could gave pointed out the first time.
I seriously don't mean to hurt feelings and stuff; that is never my intention. I still like Mir.

Edit: Added the word "ago" lmfao
Edit: Fixed more grammar :v
LGV894
What should I do with my diff now? I feel like goving up on it :/

I feel like I've seen this happen to one of Fort's sets before... Mods were mostly focused on structure an minor stuff, then when it gets qualified, it would instantly be disqualified with a remark of "everything about the higher difficulties is wrong, remap everything."

It is truly disappointing and discouraging for the owner considering how mich work they put in trying to polish the map and apply mods. Let alone get mods.
zev

Yuii- & okorin wrote:

tad off 15~.
^
wat 15~ ?

this needs like -25 offset on the current offset it is a tad bit more off, it's clear to hear with these uncompressed hihats.
Mir

Stingy wrote:

Okay, but he legit modded the map a while ago and pointed out nothing that he pointed out this time. The mods were completely different.
To me, it did genuinely seem like he only cared because I was farther ahead than him.
It's just the fact that he had already looked at it before and said nothing that upset me. He waited until qualification to point out wrong things that he could give pointed out the first time.
I seriously don't mean to hurt feelings and stuff; that is never my intention. I still like Mir.

Edit: Added the word "ago" lmfao
Edit: Fixed more grammar :v
My "check" last time
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: Hello there ;w;
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: o.o
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: Hi there
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: Can I snipe your queue
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: ;w;w;w;w;w;
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: Um
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: Go ahead o.o
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: Can I snipe it in PM
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: uwu
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: ._.
2016-10-26 04:09 Stingy: It’s kind of complicated
2016-10-26 04:09 Miryle: tell me here
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: YAY
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: NICE
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: okay
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: I’ve got a mapset
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: then Pentori just looked
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: at
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: and he said it was 100% bad and he hates the song and the mapping is shit and idk what structure is
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: and I want mods to get that EZrank
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: BUT
2016-10-26 04:10 Stingy: I have a collab that is really really good except for my parts
2016-10-26 04:11 Miryle: Mhm
2016-10-26 04:11 Stingy: ;w;
2016-10-26 04:11 Stingy: so if I snipe your queue in this PM will you do it
2016-10-26 04:11 Miryle: Hmmmmmm
2016-10-26 04:11 Miryle: Let me see the map first
2016-10-26 04:12 Miryle: I don't want to mod something that has obvious mistakes in it
2016-10-26 04:12 Miryle: Cuz that'd be a waste of both of our time
2016-10-26 04:12 Stingy: well shit
2016-10-26 04:12 Stingy: thanks
2016-10-26 04:12 Stingy: -w-
2016-10-26 04:12 Stingy: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/496005
2016-10-26 04:12 Stingy: [https://osu.ppy.sh/s/492385 collab]
2016-10-26 04:15 Miryle: Give me a few minutes x.x
2016-10-26 04:15 Miryle: talking to someone atm
2016-10-26 04:16 Stingy: idc take your time
2016-10-26 04:16 Stingy: idc idc idc idc
-- Down here is the relevant stuff --
2016-10-26 04:26 Miryle: okay lets take a look
2016-10-26 04:26 Stingy: ;w;
2016-10-26 04:26 Stingy: ACTION hides
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: Hmm
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: And what did Kibble say?
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: wait wat
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: No structure and mapped like shit?
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: Or Pentori
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: sorry
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: I get them mixed up
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: jesus
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: how did you
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: Don't ask
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: oh wait
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: LOL
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: I told you
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: ayyy lmao
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: he said
2016-10-26 04:27 Stingy: exactly tht
2016-10-26 04:27 Miryle: Okay well
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: 00:19:350 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: this isn't following a pattern
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: and seems largely random placement
2016-10-26 04:28 Stingy: what diff
2016-10-26 04:28 Stingy: also
2016-10-26 04:28 Stingy: I can’t see anything
2016-10-26 04:28 Stingy: I’m IRC
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: highest diff
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: oh
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: You're not actually ingame
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: ?
2016-10-26 04:28 Miryle: whaa
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: no
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: I am not
2016-10-26 04:29 Miryle: Ahh I see
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: are those the jumps before the stream?
2016-10-26 04:29 Miryle: Yes
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: okay
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: yeah it is literally random placement
2016-10-26 04:29 Miryle: Yeah no
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: it’s called honeycomb
2016-10-26 04:29 Stingy: it’s structured
2016-10-26 04:29 Miryle: No it isn't lol
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: with DS
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: and rotate
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: ,w,w,w,w,
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: kIBBLERU DID IT
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: IDK
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: TELLH IM
2016-10-26 04:30 Miryle: Honeycomb is
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: IDK
2016-10-26 04:30 Miryle: Lemme show you
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: THA’TS WHA TKIBBLEML ERKJNG ASID TO ME THAT IS WHAT HE SAID
2016-10-26 04:30 Stingy: NTGJWNFLWNFLQ
2016-10-26 04:31 Miryle: this is "honeycomb"
2016-10-26 04:31 Miryle: or as I say hexagrid
2016-10-26 04:31 Miryle: https://puu.sh/rVMQD/1cfef3feca.png
2016-10-26 04:31 Miryle: note that i only put the notes in the formation and disregarded flow LOL
2016-10-26 04:32 Miryle: What you have right now looks like this https://puu.sh/rVMTk/41289abfde.png
2016-10-26 04:34 Stingy: they’re not loading
2016-10-26 04:34 Stingy: internet please
2016-10-26 04:34 Miryle: rip
2016-10-26 04:36 Miryle: also
2016-10-26 04:36 Miryle: please for the love of krispy kreme
2016-10-26 04:36 Miryle: raise the ar to like 9
2016-10-26 04:36 Stingy: xwx
2016-10-26 04:36 Stingy: I had it at 9 but someone told me to lower it
2016-10-26 04:37 Miryle: Oh
2016-10-26 04:37 Miryle: Hmm
2016-10-26 04:37 Miryle: well you can keep it buuut
2016-10-26 04:37 Miryle: I'd change certain overlapping patterns
2016-10-26 04:37 Miryle: because low ar can make circles after slider ends hard to see
2016-10-26 04:38 Stingy: mhm
2016-10-26 04:40 Miryle: also
2016-10-26 04:40 Miryle: I don't feel that stream should even exist
2016-10-26 04:40 Miryle: to be perfectly honest
2016-10-26 04:40 Miryle: seems overmapped since there aren't any sounds in the song to justify it
2016-10-26 04:41 Stingy: brb gonna listen to it
2016-10-26 04:41 Stingy: tbh
2016-10-26 04:41 Stingy: nvm have to go find stupid earbuds
2016-10-26 04:41 Stingy: ;w;
2016-10-26 04:41 Miryle: also
2016-10-26 04:41 Miryle: how does this bg have anything to do with krispy kreme?
2016-10-26 04:41 Miryle: unrankable
2016-10-26 04:41 Miryle: :^)
2016-10-26 04:47 Stingy: heck ;w;
2016-10-26 04:47 Stingy: Am sorry
2016-10-26 04:47 Stingy: Had to help mother
2016-10-26 04:47 Miryle: np
2016-10-26 04:48 Stingy: Also xwx Krispy Kreme has nothing to do with dubstep
2016-10-26 04:48 Stingy: so is it still unrankable?
2016-10-26 04:48 Miryle: Lol no I'm just joking
2016-10-26 04:48 Stingy: ik same
2016-10-26 04:48 Stingy: D:
2016-10-26 04:48 Miryle: I think I see why Pentori/Kibb idfk at this point said map is shit
2016-10-26 04:49 Stingy: Pentori
2016-10-26 04:49 Stingy: lmao
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: Oh ok
2016-10-26 04:49 Stingy: Kibb is in the collab
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: Pentori* then
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: Ah I see
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: So at first glance
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: I don't really see a "theme"
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: Like
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: your map works and is playable
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: but it's just that
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: It's "playable"
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: But.. it doesn't have much else going for it
2016-10-26 04:49 Miryle: Like, you don't use any creative slider shapes
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: bruh
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: you pretty much stick to one type of pattern
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: there’s like
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: 2 sliders
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: Okay yeah that krispy kreme one
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: sorry
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: I didn't see any others that stood out
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: Well yeah! That was literally the entire point of the mapset
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: like legit
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: what else can I do with the song
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: To stick to one pattern? o.o
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: Idk like
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: uhm
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: ya
2016-10-26 04:50 Miryle: Switch it up a bit
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: the song sticks to one pattern
2016-10-26 04:50 Stingy: = mapping sticking to one pattern
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: ohnonono
2016-10-26 04:51 Stingy: ;w;
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: mapping = sticking to one THEME
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: but patterns can change
2016-10-26 04:51 Stingy: heck
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: at least that's how I learn it
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: learned*
2016-10-26 04:51 Stingy: the ‘theme’ I was going for the last diff was uhm
2016-10-26 04:51 Stingy: back-and-forth
2016-10-26 04:51 Miryle: Back and forth
2016-10-26 04:51 Stingy: yes
2016-10-26 04:52 Miryle: Hmm
2016-10-26 04:52 Stingy: okay the stream
2016-10-26 04:52 Stingy: there is literally
2016-10-26 04:52 Stingy: hi-hats
2016-10-26 04:52 Miryle: wow hi hats
2016-10-26 04:52 Stingy: ,w,
2016-10-26 04:52 Miryle: I can't hear them
2016-10-26 04:52 Miryle: tbh ._.
2016-10-26 04:53 Miryle: I just hear the kicks
2016-10-26 04:53 Stingy: lol
2016-10-26 04:53 Stingy: rip
2016-10-26 04:53 Miryle: also a lot of the hitsounds are like
2016-10-26 04:53 Miryle: SUPER quiet
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: Yes
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: I like quiet hitsounds
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: it ruins the music if hitsounds interrupt it
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: Okay fair enough but
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: I only use hitsounds to BOOST music
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: For players
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: not to hinder
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: They use hitsounds to know
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: how accurate the hit was
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: I play without hitsounds
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: if you don't provide that information
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: it's hard to play
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: also
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: ,w,
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: if you, one person
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: in a minority
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: I knwo I know I know
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: I knowwwwww
2016-10-26 04:54 Miryle: play without hitsounds
2016-10-26 04:54 Stingy: It’s not fair for everyone else
2016-10-26 04:55 Miryle: precisely ._.
2016-10-26 04:55 Miryle: like for me
2016-10-26 04:55 Stingy: but that’s what I’ve learned to cope with so that’s how I’ve always mapped
2016-10-26 04:55 Stingy: ;w;
2016-10-26 04:55 Miryle: I can play without the music
2016-10-26 04:55 Miryle: as long as I have hitsounds
2016-10-26 04:55 Miryle: well that aside (which you should totally fix)
2016-10-26 04:58 Miryle: Hmm
2016-10-26 04:58 Miryle: disclaimer im a noob mapper
2016-10-26 04:58 Miryle: LOL

Ooohkay, let's step back a bit here. First off, I never actually modded it. I gave you the same general pointers concerning the structure and the theme that is lacking currently. I was a noob mapper at the time, clearly, and looking at this set now, I can find much more that's wrong with it. If you look back through the thread, my DQ mod was the first "real mod" I gave this mapset.

If this map were of higher quality I wouldn't have touched it. I would have congratulated you on it. Mark my words on that. It's happened before. I have difficulty ranking maps yes, but what good will it do me if I tear other people's stuff down because of that? If you can rank a map, fuck it, I'll push you harder to rank it.

But ranking this I cannot consciously accept. Have you seen your user rating on this set? I'm not the only one that thinks this. If this had gotten ranked, in the future you would have seriously regretted it. And when you become a better mapper, you will certainly regret ranking this. You have the BNs to get this ranked, which is more than what I can do, but now I want to prevent you from regretting ranking this map by improving it to be the best it can.

I have nothing against you or your map, and to address why I didn't mod it before, it was because I don't usually willingly mod maps of this low quality (I'm sorry but that's really what I thought) and I highly doubted it would get in qualified. When I saw it had survived qualified for four days for the first time after Renumi posted here, I thought "whoa that's cool, let's see how much he improved it." When I opened the map, it had all the same flaws as I saw it when I checked it months ago, so I thought I needed to do something about it.

It's unfortunate that I noticed so far into the qualification process, but that's just how it is. That's what qualification does. It's basically putting your map on a spotlight and saying "this is going to get ranked, what is the community opinion on this?" When you have an average user rating of 6, and multiple people agreeing with my + Okorin's points, there's clearly room for improvement.

I have nothing against you as a mapper, and I really couldn't care less if you had qualified a better map. Whether my friends rank more than me is irrelevant as hell. What I care about is if they rank good maps. And this isn't good yet, sorry. It can be, but it isn't.
LGV894
Neat justification right there, Mir.

Idk anymore, delete my diff if you want to rank this. It doesn't fit the them of the elements of the mapset.
show more