What manga are you reading right now?

posted
Total Posts
show more
California
liar game
gamble fish
Sallad4ever
Reading Hayate no Gotoku all way from Vol 01 till the newest. I'm kinda lost interest in this manga starting from Vol 10 up but then the Athena arc really gives nice turn from the usual comedy, great.
The Ribbon Red

Sallad4ever wrote:

Reading Hayate no Gotoku all way from Vol 01 till the newest. I'm kinda lost interest in this manga starting from Vol 10 up but then the Athena arc really gives nice turn from the usual comedy, great.
Ah, Athena huh?

Well anyways, Hayate is a common harem. So don't expect a really deep and serious plot since it's a 4th-wall breaker-comedy harem.
smoogipoo
A couple...

Switch Girl
Ware wa Ken-Ou!!
Dengeki Daisy
Nisekoi
Bloody Cross
Watashi ni xx Shinasai!
GE - Good Ending
Infinite Stratos
Unbreakable Machine Doll
Rosario + Vampire 2

They barely get released though, Nisekoi and GE are weekly, Rosario is bimonthly, and idk about the others, they seem to release at random intervals...
Sallad4ever

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Ah, Athena huh?

Well anyways, Hayate is a common harem. So don't expect a really deep and serious plot since it's a 4th-wall breaker-comedy harem.
Haha it's not like I expect a deep plot from hayate, I read the series for the comedy but it get dragged so much I starting to get bored. That's why when I get to Athena arc it gives a nice turn from the comedy even if it doesn't have very deep plot
-Athena-
Someone called? <3

(/me squeals)
The Ribbon Red

Sallad4ever wrote:

Haha it's not like I expect a deep plot from hayate, I read the series for the comedy but it get dragged so much I starting to get bored. That's why when I get to Athena arc it gives a nice turn from the comedy even if it doesn't have very deep plot
True. But you know, they'll get back to the usual harem comedy right? (If you're still reading the Athena arc)

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Someone called? <3

(/me squeals)
I knew you would come.
Sallad4ever

The Ribbon Red wrote:

True. But you know, they'll get back to the usual harem comedy right? (If you're still reading the Athena arc)
So true
The Ribbon Red

Sallad4ever wrote:

So true
It's just a matter of time, or in your case, matter of your reading time.

Though there are some non-mainstream harem out there, I'm not really interested into harem right now (being single and all). And I forgot to read Umineko, damnit.
-Athena-
Hayate no gotoku was already good to begin with, but the end of the world (Athena) arc just made it go up 10 levels in awesome, it went downhill and started fluctuating at a low level from then, though stuff seems to be picking up now.

Btw not talking about anime, not as good as the manga because no Athena, and I didn't like the art for the second season AT ALL, the openings and endings also took a hit, that wonder wind song was annoying, and the rest don't hold a candle to the originals, Honjitsu Mankai watashi iro was good though.
The Ribbon Red

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Btw not talking about anime, not as good as the manga because no Athena, and I didn't like the art for the second season AT ALL, the openings and endings also took a hit, that wonder wind song was annoying, and the rest don't hold a candle to the originals, Honjitsu Mankai watashi iro was good though.
This.

They probably saving Athena for the 3rd Season, or just saving it 'till needed. I mean, Hayate (Anime) doesn't really have a clear plot to begin with (since they only force a plot in the 3-4 last episodes in S1 & S2).

To put it simple, the anime is a typical stereotype harem show.
Mizzii
Kimi ni Todoke and Vampire Knight :3
The Ribbon Red
Finished Umineko EP 1. Moving to EP 2.
Tetsu_old
Rokudenashi Blues.
vizzy
I just caught up with Hayate no Gotoku, Yotsuba&! and Unbalance x Unbalance.
Accelerator-kun
Too many.
The top 3 in order of urgency:

1. Higurashi When They Cry
2. D.Gray-Man
3. A Certain Magical Index
Mogsy
Oyasumi Punpun
Shigeshoushi (The Embalmer)
Liar Game

Trying to get back into reading manga, starting with some series that I've been recommended endlessly.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Too many.

2. D.Gray-Man
The usual, huh?

BTW, which arc are you now in Higurashi?
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Too many.

2. D.Gray-Man
The usual, huh?

BTW, which arc are you now in Higurashi?
I'm still waiting to import the Curse Killing arc T.T
Now that is holiday I will try to finish all arcs in 3 months :3
DestinySonata
I'm reading: "Please Save My Earth* on request of my girlfriend.
Suzu_old_1
Fujimura-kun Mates,Gamaran,The Breaker New Waves and Girl's of the Wild's
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Once you finished importing it, kill that dude for me, will you? (If you catch my drift)
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Once you finished importing it, kill that dude for me, will you? (If you catch my drift)
Yeah
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Yeah
Too bad time's gonna move backwards...
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Yeah
Too bad time's gonna move backwards...
Next time, someone else will do this for us.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I suppose...

ひぐらしのなく頃に
epacse ton nac uoY
From the first OP.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I suppose...

ひぐらしのなく頃に
epacse ton nac uoY
From the first OP.
If you mean the character in that scene, yup :3
Shirotaku
I'm reading The World God Only Knows :D
It's a really REALLY good manga
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

TWGOK? My friend reads that.
"Harem"
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

TWGOK? My friend reads that.
"Harem"
It's not an harem.
And it's cool ;)
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

It's not an harem.
And it's cool ;)
That's what the quote's for. And it's quite decent, though I cannot imagine a guy who finds real girls repulsive to be involved so deeply with them.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

It's not an harem.
And it's cool ;)
That's what the quote's for. And it's quite decent, though I cannot imagine a guy who finds real girls repulsive to be involved so deeply with them.
It's a supernatural genre, it's not a normal romance, and it's also a very funny parody of the videogame world. Try to watch the first episodes if you can, the original name is "Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai". I like it, it's not heavy, it's just some fun between the other slaughtering anime that I like ^^
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

It's a supernatural genre, it's not a normal romance, and it's also a very funny parody of the videogame world. Try to watch the first episodes if you can, the original name is "Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai". I like it, it's not heavy, it's just some fun between the other slaughtering anime that I like ^^
I did. How would you think that I know Keima's a god?
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I did. How would you think that I know Keima's a god?
So, if you know the story, why you said that it's quite decent and why focused on the fact that you can't take it in a realistic way? I can't find something really bad in this show/manga so I think it's very good.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

So, if you know the story, why you said that it's quite decent and why focused on the fact that you can't take it in a realistic way? I can't find something really bad in this show/manga so I think it's very good.
Well, the introductions a bit weird. It's interesting to see an otaku+hikikomori stepping out of his comfort zone to face the conflicts. But having to "date girls with crevasse in their hearts" took me a while to adjust.

But I suppose they repay it back with an interesting "god-stuck-inside-humans" dilemma that gives them memories of Keima "dating" them.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Well, the introductions a bit weird. It's interesting to see an otaku+hikikomori stepping out of his comfort zone to face the conflicts. But having to "date girls with crevasse in their hearts" took me a while to adjust.

But I suppose they repay it back with an interesting "god-stuck-inside-humans" dilemma that gives them memories of Keima "dating" them.
You are trying to take it too seriously, yes, there is some accuse to hikikomori but you just have to enjoy the charm of the protagonists, trust me, don't think too much, just enjoy the show.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

You are trying to take it too seriously, yes, there is some accuse to hikikomori but you just have to enjoy the charm of the protagonists, trust me, don't think too much, just enjoy the show.
Hey, telling a story of a Hikikomori stepping out of his comfort zone to save those who're dear/strangers to him are very impressive. I bet no one has ever thought of that before this manga came out. But the concept that I had a hard time adjusting to is how the problems are solved by dating the girls. Though I'm fine now, seeing as the god-dilemma problem made the previous concept much more worthy and intriguing.

And that's my point of view for the manga. It's not that I look down on it. Hell, I'm praising it LOL.
Randy96
Fairy Tail
Spice and Wolf (the novel, not the manga though)
Amefuri Koneko
Started reading "Tsubasa Chronicle", feels so different compared to anime.
Mogsy
Read through Alien Nine in a single sitting. Starting King of Thorn.
show more