forum

I have questions to ask about the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XxImysticzxX
I only play Mania 4K and I have a few questions.
Where are you supposed to look at in the screen? I look at the middle but I am not sure if that is what you are supposed to do
When the notes fall down, do you follow the notes or do you just focus your eyes on the middle and let the notes pass your eyes? Do you try and not focus your eyes on your notes and focus more to the background and let your fingers press the buttons for you?
Am I playing with a good scrolling speed? I play with 28 but I see players playing with 31 and 32
Why am I so inaccurate? I get more rainbow 300s than normal 300s but I see players that get an insane amount of rainbow 300s while their normal 300s count is incredibly low.
I can play 4 star maps a bit but 5 star maps are really hard to play. How can you improve? I have been playing the game a lot recently but playing more hasn't helped much
I am also playing with this skin if that matters t/247348
I have read the "How to improve" thread but I still have many questions
I'm ranked in the 9000s but I still think I am pretty bad. I have so many questions and want to learn how to improve.

TL:DR
I am a noob that wants to learn to improve. Please teach me how!!!
Kempie

XxImysticzxX wrote:

Where are you supposed to look at in the screen? I look at the middle but I am not sure if that is what you are supposed to do
When the notes fall down, do you follow the notes or do you just focus your eyes on the middle and let the notes pass your eyes? Do you try and not focus your eyes on your notes and focus more to the background and let your fingers press the buttons for you?
Am I playing with a good scrolling speed? I play with 28 but I see players playing with 31 and 32
Why am I so inaccurate? I get more rainbow 300s than normal 300s but I see players that get an insane amount of rainbow 300s while their normal 300s count is incredibly low.
I can play 4 star maps a bit but 5 star maps are really hard to play. How can you improve? I have been playing the game a lot recently but playing more hasn't helped much
I'm ranked in the 9000s but I still think I am pretty bad. I have so many questions and want to learn how to improve.

Play songs that are slightly out of your comfort zone, but within reach. There's no magic here. Push yourself a little, but don't overdo it. Regarding accuracy; try using HR on songs you're comfortable with, then try to get a high MAX/300 ratio.

Scroll speed is highly subjective and depends on the skin you use. I currently use 21/22 for 7k, 23/24 for 4k. Reading becomes harder for me when I increase it any further. I'll start following the notes with my eyes because I'm no longer able to comprehend the song by focussing on one point of the screen, which ultimately results in a lower accuracy and more misses. If you find yourself following notes, maybe try a lower scroll speed.
Topic Starter
XxImysticzxX

Kempie wrote:

XxImysticzxX wrote:

Play songs that are slightly out of your comfort zone, but within reach. There's no magic here. Push yourself a little, but don't overdo it. Regarding accuracy; try using HR on songs you're comfortable with, then try to get a high MAX/300 ratio.

Scroll speed is highly subjective and depends on the skin you use. I currently use 21/22 for 7k, 23/24 for 4k. Reading becomes harder for me when I increase it any further. I'll start following the notes with my eyes because I'm no longer able to comprehend the song by focussing on one point of the screen, which ultimately results in a lower accuracy and more misses. If you find yourself following notes, maybe try a lower scroll speed.
I will try playing HR from now on to try and improve my accuracy. I have tried playing songs that are outside of my comfort zone but when the notes get overwhelming, I usually end up pressing random buttons because I don't know what to press. I get S and A in 4 star but in 5 stars, I can barely get an A or I would get a B
Drum-Hitnormal
In my opinion is better to stare at middle of the screen and never move your focus. not sure how pros do it but it works well for me.

and maybe align the tracks well centered with ur keys and ur eyes? u can change position and width of the tracks in ur skin.ini file
Yuudachi-kun
I edit the position of my combo to tell me where to stare.
Topic Starter
XxImysticzxX

dudehacker wrote:

In my opinion is better to stare at middle of the screen and never move your focus. not sure how pros do it but it works well for me.

and maybe align the tracks well centered with ur keys and ur eyes? u can change position and width of the tracks in ur skin.ini file
When you stare at the middle of the screen, have you ever found your eyes following the notes instinctively? And if this doesn't occur to you, may I ask for what scroll speed you play on?
Ayaya

XxImysticzxX wrote:

dudehacker wrote:

When you stare at the middle of the screen, have you ever found your eyes following the notes instinctively? And if this doesn't occur to you, may I ask for what scroll speed you play on?
Most top players does what Khelly said, they usually focus their eyes at where their combo counter is (you can move this in the skin.ini, it's best to have the combo in the middle/upper part of the screen and never at the bottom half). For me I don't follow follow the notes, just keep eyes around the combo counter.

Scroll speed is a preference, you should never try a scroll speed that is uncomfortable for you just because someone else use it. But if you want to know about scroll speed, the average scroll speed people use the most would be 25-27 fixed. If you want the perfect scroll speed for you, you should just use HD on a map and then try to keep your eyes in the middle, if the notes feel like it coming down to slow for you then turn up the speed and if it feels fast then lower it (try to worry about how comfortable it is and not accuracy when testing this). Later in the future you can slowly work your way up to a faster scroll (I would recommend not going above 30 since not many player does this and also the higher the scroll speed you have, the more staiain it puts on your eyes to keep up)

Once you finish choosing the scroll speed, you can go to Drace's thread look at the fine tuning section to tweak the hit timing that best suite you (don't feel like explaining this so you should just read it for yourself).
Drum-Hitnormal

Ayaya wrote:

dudehacker wrote:

Most top players does what Khelly said, they usually focus their eyes at where their combo counter is (you can move this in the skin.ini, it's best to have the combo in the middle/upper part of the screen and never at the bottom half). For me I don't follow follow the notes, just keep eyes around the combo counter.

Scroll speed is a preference, you should never try a scroll speed that is uncomfortable for you just because someone else use it. But if you want to know about scroll speed, the average scroll speed people use the most would be 25-27 fixed. If you want the perfect scroll speed for you, you should just use HD on a map and then try to keep your eyes in the middle, if the notes feel like it coming down to slow for you then turn up the speed and if it feels fast then lower it (try to worry about how comfortable it is and not accuracy when testing this). Later in the future you can slowly work your way up to a faster scroll (I would recommend not going above 30 since not many player does this and also the higher the scroll speed you have, the more staiain it puts on your eyes to keep up)

Once you finish choosing the scroll speed, you can go to Drace's thread look at the fine tuning section to tweak the hit timing that best suite you (don't feel like explaining this so you should just read it for yourself).
damn thanks for advice.
also karen most moe character in anime
Kurenai Erfolg

XxImysticzxX wrote:

Where are you supposed to look at in the screen?
Many people recommend looking at the middle, so... middle?

XxImysticzxX wrote:

I guess letting the notes pass so that you don't have to move your eyes?
I think I focus on the notes since I move my eyes up and down rapidly as I play.

XxImysticzxX wrote:

Just stick to whichever you are comfortable with.

XxImysticzxX wrote:

The only way to improve your accuracy seems to be playing more. Try HR everything, maybe that'll help.

XxImysticzxX wrote:

This question has been asked a lot. You can look into people's answers regarding this problem.
Topic Starter
XxImysticzxX
So I finally get what everyone on this thread is saying. Adjust the combo counter to the middle of the screen. Focus your eyes on the combo counter so your eyes don't follow the notes. To improve accuracy, play hard rock and try to get a high rainbow 300/300 ratio. I hope others reading this have also learnt something. Thank you everyone! :D