forum

Pick Mode and Beatmap when making a Multiplayer game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +91
Topic Starter
Backfire
I personally would like to have this so that it wouldn't be such of an annoyance to make the game, pick the mode and the song (maybe just the mode, because I realize alot of people have thousands of beatmaps), and some people join for the song or mode before I can change it, then they get mad and leave.

Also, I looked this up and couldn't find it, if it was already requested, I apoligize.

Edit : To be somewhat more clear, have a clickable section under the name that says mode, and has standard, taiko, and CTB.
Here's a picture of what it might look like. *courtesy of XepherX3* And another interpretation by the same person
Another Edit : Perhaps along with this, be able to choose if you wanna play coop, head to head, team vs., etc.
Sander-Don
classy
DJ Angel
this will help me a lot, real nice idea
Zelos
Hellz yeah.
Topic Starter
Backfire
:D I love you all ^^
OzzyOzrock
ok
AozakiTouko_old
Yeah I can go for that. -Shrugs.-
deadbeat
not a bad idea :D
Topic Starter
Backfire

deadbeat wrote:

not a bad idea :D
Thank you! :D
Ishmon
not bad
Kitsunemimi
Oh yes, I really like this idea. I often forget about changing the mode before starting, and people would tend to join my games and try to download the song I was just listening to, so it would be great to have these options while creating a game~ Support from me!

I ran out of stars.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Oh yes, I really like this idea. I often forget about changing the mode before starting, and people would tend to join my games and try to download the song I was just listening to, so it would be great to have these options while creating a game~ Support from me!

I ran out of stars.
Thank you c:
Sakura
You can already set the map before creating the room iirc, since it's the map you're listening to at that momment.
The choose mode upon room creation idea would be nice tho
Topic Starter
Backfire

Sakura Hana wrote:

You can already set the map before creating the room iirc, since it's the map you're listening to at that momment.
The choose mode upon room creation idea would be nice tho
Well I know that, but wouldnt it be nicer to do it right then and there? I figured the beatmap thing might not go through, but the mode thing I would like the most.
Verdisphena
Yeah
Sleep Powder
Pretty useful, but how useful is it really? Once you make the room you have an option available to change the actual mode.
Initially (for the first few seconds) there will be people who will become confused as to what mode or what map will be played once you change it. After you pick the song and the mode, everything will be made clear to all the players in your room. Usually, picking the song shouldn't take too long if you made the room yourself anyways. Some people will leave the room if they don't want to play that map or mode.

Do most people make a multiplayer room without an idea of a song to play?
Topic Starter
Backfire

animask wrote:

Pretty useful, but how useful is it really? Once you make the room you have an option available to change the actual mode.
Initially (for the first few seconds) there will be people who will become confused as to what mode or what map will be played once you change it. After you pick the song and the mode, everything will be made clear to all the players in your room. Usually, picking the song shouldn't take too long if you made the room yourself anyways. Some people will leave the room if they don't want to play that map or mode.

If you have a large variety of maps and take a while to pick maps, thats the people who usually dont know. I know alot of people who take a while to pick. Sometimes I take a while, and people get aggrevated. I dunno just HOW many people wouldn't know what to pick, but it'd be much more user friendly and alot less time would be wasted. Thank you for your feedback ^^
Gcode
I totally agree with this, i sometimes have a song I do not want to be playing when I make a multi room, and pressing random doesnt yield results as much as id want it to. Other times the song is right but the difficulty isnt, and this idea would help with both.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Gcode wrote:

I totally agree with this, i sometimes have a song I do not want to be playing when I make a multi room, and pressing random doesnt yield results as much as id want it to. Other times the song is right but the difficulty isnt, and this idea would help with both.
The difficulty thing is a bother too, I totally didnt think of that :o
LizzyChii
This is a really cool idea! You should totally try it out! :)
Sakura

Backfire wrote:

animask wrote:

If you have a large variety of maps and take a while to pick maps, thats the people who usually dont know. I know alot of people who take a while to pick. Sometimes I take a while, and people get aggrevated. I dunno just HOW many people wouldn't know what to pick, but it'd be much more user friendly and alot less time would be wasted. Thank you for your feedback ^^
Go Play > Solo > Pick map > back > hit the stop button on the osu! playlist > Play > Multi > Create room > Magic!
Or if anything you can just select a song on the osu! playlist before creating the room...
Topic Starter
Backfire
Sakura - But that still doesen't pick the mode and play type. Just the song.
Gabi
uhh, no this is completely unnecessary since it can be done within seconds after creating the room anyway.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Gabi wrote:

uhh, no this is completely unnecessary since it can be done within seconds after creating the room anyway.
:U But it's something that's in so many other multiplayer games and game making menus, Im not sure why it's NOT in it. But, I'll respect your opinion. Thank you for looking at it, I guess ^^;
OnosakiHito
Support +1
J U D G E
Wouls love to have this ^^
Topic Starter
Backfire

OnosakiHito wrote:

Support +1
Thanks ono, I appreciate it c:
And thank you too, Nusou. :D
Agnes
Supporting this idea.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Agnes wrote:

Supporting this idea.
Wewt! An Agnes star means more than everyone elses >w< Just cause she's super awesome ^^
show more