now, gonna start mapping a new diff...
Nelka714 wrote:hi there
- imo ar4 is a bit too much for easy. how about ar3? Sure
- 00:26:691 (1,4) - 4 isn't perfectly stacked with 1 tbh. I stacked it ._. idk how did it manage to unstack one grid itself but fixed it anyways ;p
looks fine, i guess
- how about ar5? Okay
- 00:08:819 (1,2,3) - the rhythm feels weird, for me. how about this? http://puu.sh/qY8cs/107f3390f3.jpg OH FINALLY a good suggest for this rhythm, why didn't I think of that at first lmao
- 01:24:138 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - probably just me, but the rhythm feels weird 'cause it has same sound as 00:08:819 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - , but mapped with different rhythm. also, might want to nc 2 'cause your other diffs did nc there. Well yeah, there's a little difference between this and the intro, I probably think this gives more intensity for the downbeat even though it's barely audible. But it really is if you heard it a little more deeper. So yeah, keeping it~
- 00:54:777 (4,5) - imo it will plays better if you either ctrl+g the rhythm or just make them a 1/2 repeat slider.
same with 00:59:883 (4,5) - 01:04:989 (4,5) - 01:10:096 (4,5) - etc that similar with these.
Oh, that rhythm is quite really okay and fine though. Emphasizes density correctly. But I undoubtedly think the current one has more emphasis on the vocals imho, as how the vocals land on the red tick it's very much deserved to be clickable. So I think a slider here should be suitable for the track here. So worries, it doesn't hurt a lot of the rhythm composition tho ;p
probably also applicable on your other higher diffs with similiar patterning? idk It's just look-alike normal diff but spaced out more it's k llo C;
- 00:03:394 (1) - i prefer to just make them 2 circles instead. just my opinion. Hmm yeah, I did that in Advanced diff so maybe I should do here for a tiny consistency.
- 00:54:138 (3,4,5) - imo rhythm like this feels better. http://puu.sh/qYdpn/7cc67c0074.jpg
same with 00:59:245 (3,4,5) - 01:04:351 (3,4,5) - and the others similiar pattern.
Uhmm Nearly the same reasoning as in the previous diff.
- 01:02:436 (7,8,9,10,11,12) - 01:15:202 (4,5,6) - 01:17:755 (5,6,7) - looking at how these sections at Advanced are more "dense" than Hard, you might want to make them more dense/swap the density/others. Ahh, since I was mainstreaming the vocals here, it is not necessary to be the same thing as Advanced more likely. Each diff should have different density and notes conspiracy. I don't think this should be implemented imo.
- 01:14:404 - Advanced didn't skipped this beat, but Hard did. add note on it? Okay
- 00:32:915 - is the beat skipped on purpose? Yeah, it's a little calm part so I'd give it some space for a tiny rest.
- 01:14:404 - same thing as in Hard. Okay
- 01:15:202 (5) - 01:15:840 (7) - kinda dislike at how these extended sliders skipped beat on red tick. i would just make them 1/2 sliders. Well, I tried my best. But ended up mainstreaming the vocals a bit. I also did sth similar like this kind of rhythm on my cool diff tho. So a very small consistency is there~
- 01:21:346 (9,10,11,1) - idk, but this feels overmapped. tho, my first intention is that it might be too hard to catch 9 after 01:20:308 (5,6,7,8) - section (3 1/4 repeat sliders every 1/2 gap) for light insane. i would just delete 9 to give 1/2 gap from 8 for easier catch and probably also delete 11 for overmapped issue? Well, for first; It's a light Insane, I did a harder stream at first tho so I'm pretty sure this looks more easier than this one by readability and playstyle. And for second, there's a continuous drumming until the next track, it can obviously be heard. So I think this circle doesn't sound really like "overmapping".
i think that's all
i hope this helps a bit
ViolentBoo wrote:New to modding so don't yell at me :ss Aww it's okay ;333/ I'll be gentle~
01:03:394 (4) - (Optional) I feel like you should add a note here with Finish, clap and soft addition. Just feels better you know? For rhythm consistency with the four other similar tracks. Adding a note might not work good imo. And it'd increase density ofc, so I didn't want an Easy diff to be "hard". So yeah ;p
01:13:606 (4) - (Optional) ^
00:16:479 (1,2) - Move these down a bit so the player doesn't have to go back then fourth in a harsh angle. (Something like this: http://imgur.com/a/OsKEL ) Well, if it's for polishing... yeah I'll do that~
00:44:564 (1,2) - ^ Here it's not as bad, but a slight adjustment would be nice. Ehh, this one... I changed it a bit for structure...
00:58:287 (4) - Add finish sound hit. It'd sound too much for the hitsound emphasis, especially the next cymbal on 00:58:606 (1) - It'd be too loud imo. The issues below are likely the same thing as here.
01:03:394 (4) - ^
00:57:968 (7) - ^
01:03:234 (8) - ^
Thanks for the mod, but I guess no changes for this one :/
Nelka714 wrote:hi there
- 00:11:053 (1) - imo it would be better as a circle and slider to make the downbeat clickable. http://puu.sh/qYeSO/a9d4625c01.jpg well, I get what modders are saying here, but I as following vocals there as you can notice from the next circles
- 00:13:606 (1,2) - i prefer to swap the nc so the nc change happen at downbeat. NCs are meant for emphasizing downbeats in the song, which is also where the musical stanza starts. I see no problem for those spots NC-wise tbh :/
same with 00:18:713 (1,2) - 00:26:372 (1,2) - 00:27:649 (1,2) - 00:34:351 (3,1) - 00:48:074 (1,2) -
- 00:56:053 (1) - 00:56:691 (3) - kinda dislike at how these and other similiar sliders skipped beat on red tick. how about changing them into 1/2? I was following vocals there and in particular the chorus voices that yell "hey" after the main vocalist
i think that's all
i hope this helps a bit
jawns wrote:Yo, a mod from my queue!
Starting with the Cool difficulty...
You could think about following the drums at 00:00:521 (you could use repeat sliders if you don't want to start on a stream), and the guitar between 00:01:160 (1) - and 00:04:989 (1) - , though it might be a bit late to change that now. What you've mapped makes sense as well, I just think mapping the whole intro could be interesting, especially if you did something to differentiate between the lead guitar and the drums. No change necessary though.
Well, that explained a bit why mustn't I fully map the intro smh. Easier to read the first note, and easier to click the best note over it. Really not changing it.
00:05:787 (4) - I would have 2 hit circles here, since there are two very clear snare drum hits.
I don't really think two circles would really fit best on this one. I know it gives a little more impact of the drums. But really, the ongoing upbeats which on 00:05:947 - actually lands a greater hit. I don't matter snares as much as they suddenly turned into percussion in the next few tracks. So what's the use of following them and turn these into repetitive 1/2? I'd better not intend to do that.
00:08:819 (1) - and onward, I feel like you don't follow the drums as well as you could. For example, 00:08:979 (2) - isn't very important for the melody, so I think that could be a stream/two kick sliders/something that follows the drums. 00:09:298 (4) - this slider goes over a white tick with a clear drum hit, which is a bit weird. 00:09:617 (5) - There's a very important note in the melody on the slider end, I think it should be emphasized with a hit circle instead.
Well, for the slider (2). I probably think kick sliders won't make sense while trying to follow audible rides even though following the background drums, it wouldn't work correctly at least to me. Slider (4) shouldn't be made shorter or harder as long as it basically follows the rides that was going from upbeats to 1/2s a bit unanticipated, so it shouldn't overtake the emphasis just for both tracks. So mainstreaming one track is enough.
00:12:330 (4) - Important note on the slider end that should be emphasized. Maybe something like this?Ahh sure, I might give that a little good try. Well, changed it's placement on my own way because the structure wouldn't budge too much ofc ;p
00:15:840 (1,2) - I feel like these could be emphasized even more if you increased the distance a little bit.
Well, the distance spacing is quite a little sufficient for the structure according to the SV change. So increasing the distance spacing isn't really necessary for creating some jumps on this one.
00:20:947 (10) - Very clear drum hit on the slider end, should be a hit circle in my opinion.
Almost the same explanation as on 00:05:787 (4) -, but this one's for the vocals. It actually lands a bit in a low density on slider end, It'd take away the good and equal emphasis if I replace this slider into circles. More like "undermapped".
00:26:053 (10) - The guitar and drums are interesting here, you could consider mapping those
Yeah, I was considering this. But since the track's density was totally binding the same substance continuously for the "cooler, coolest, get low..." part. Why shouldn't we do something 'continuous' as well for greater emphasis and a bit consistency? As I planned a backward patterning in order to do that. So yeah, not the best one but still good to go. Especially for structure flowing and playability.
00:30:761 (7,8,9,10,11) - This doesn't follow the drums very well. There is a clear triple in the drums starting at the slider end of 00:30:840 (8) - but you mapped a triple starting at 00:31:160 (9) - instead, which is very confusing. You could have something like this instead:or just leave out the 00:30:761 (7) - :Ahh sure, I didn't even think of that before xd But I kept the placements for the spacing and consistency. But still, replaced it to triplets.
00:31:319 (11) - The slider head is not emphasized a lot in the music, but the slider tail is. The slider tail should be a hit circle, you can consider making the slider head into a slider tail as well
You mean, Ctrl + G on 00:31:319 (11,12) - ? I don't really think it's a good idea, after all of the sudden changing rhythm from mainstreaming upbeats jumping into a different comparison. That's really out of bound. I don't think this'll be a big deal over rhythm composition, should've been done than told.
00:34:351 (1,4) - Again, important notes on slider ends. You could fix this by making 00:34:032 (9) - into a repeat slider, make 00:34:032 (9) - single notes and make 00:34:032 (9) - a slider.
Well, right here again. The same two reasons on the other above mods ofc.
00:40:734 (5,6,7) - These should be emphasized a lot more, since it's a lot different from just the vocals before. First I think it should be NC, second I would probably space them out more.
Yeah, gonna space it out only a little because of the triangle form 00:41:372 (7,8,9,1) - I'm intending to do, but won't be adding an NC since the consistency is having one NC in every two tracks unless it's SV change. Considering this as a 'fix'.
00:46:479 (5,6,7) - These drums are different from 00:45:840 (1,2,3,4) - so I think they should be mapped differently.
Well, it's already being mapped differently for the drums starting from 00:46:399 - for sure. Previous notes were only a follow-up by structure and patterning. There won't be a problem though.
The chorus seems good to me
01:26:612 (15) - I would delete this note, since you don't really follow the drums for most of the outro, so it's a bit confusing. Either that, or you could focus a bit more on the drums in the outro in general.
Alright, removed circle.
Even though I did have a lot of small criticisms, I think this is my favourite difficulty of the set. It's an interesting map for an interesting song. Definitely a big fan of this one.
All in all I think this is a very good set, with some very solid and interesting maps. Good luck!
Axon wrote:Sorry for late mod, school has priority over modding queue tho. It's alright~ you've done nothing wrong ;pEasy
00:10:096 (2) - I don't hear any significant rhythm this note is placed on. At least it lands upon the downbeat, the rhythm composition you've suggested is really god but it skips the bigger note. Nearly mine as well, but I'd like to keep it for easier 1/1 rather than hearing complexity music.
00:12:649 (2) - tbh this slider should start at 00:12:489 - I've never started a single slider on red ticks, ofc it'd be too hard since it's defaulted rhythm is 1/1 based. So I couldn't simply break it though. You can also hear the deep piano in the background that's landing on each downbeat, so yeah.
00:15:202 (2) - should start on 00:15:042 - The same reason as above.
01:26:372 - very strong sound, do not ignore it. Okay, replaced into a slider.Normal
00:17:755 (4) - Should probably start at 00:17:596 - It'd break a huge consistency with the rhythm I've made previously and next. Like on 00:11:372 - or 00:19:032 (1) - . You could've seen it, so I wouldn't just follow vocals all of the sudden on this part.
00:33:713 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - This is really awkward flow. What makes this symmetry flows really awkward? It wouldn't play that bad imo.Hard
00:29:564 (2,3,4,5) - the first time i saw it, i misread it. Don't worry, this diff sets AR8. The slider may disappear before circle (5) could show up on gameplay. So readability here shouldn't be a problem.
sorry, but my extra mods suck, they would be useless to you.
Thanks for checking out~
Venix wrote:For queue!Normal Suggestion
GeneralIt's correct! \o/http://www.shi-no-kakaku.com/2016/04/customiz-coolest-2016-sakamoto-desu-ga.html
- I prefer 521 offset for timing point That's where the drum starts streamings, true. But the current offset indicates downbeats more effective than that. So this shouldn't be implemented.
- 01:20:308 (2,3) - you can place this better Done it on my own way.
- Try hit AR4 Since the song is at high bpm and diff with a few density, I don't really think decreasing AR would be really necessary. I was also gapping between Easy and Advanced by two-rates of AR.
- 00:31:798 (1,2,3,4) - make this flow better Right here, I'm actually trying to create a few swirling movements like this one. The thing you were suggesting is really okay, flow isn't bad. And here, It's not "bad" as well after all.
- 01:17:755 (4,5) - suggestion Uhmm, I don't know what you're trying to explain the patterning here. But as far as I know, I'm not a fan of linear structures and others like that too. And besides, the aesthetics between (5) and (1) are a bit lacking of interests. I may keep this for now.
- 00:12:968 (6,7) - blanket here plz I'm probably not leaping into aesthetics on this track, was flowing it as the current based on spacing.
- 01:22:862 - move break stop here Alright
- 00:57:330 (1) - NC There's a huge consistency for new combos that is measured in two tracks. If one is added here, it breaks the whole thing. It's not like the music change needs more NCs or the HP drain rate is high. So this counts to all other NC mods as well. Wouldn't want to repeat myself again.
- 01:02:436 (7) - ^
- 01:07:542 (7) - ^
- 01:12:649 (1) - ^
- 00:24:298 (2) - suggestion That's... probably some awkward small overlap there. The spacing is very odd by 1.54x, I don't really think this is highly suggested as an expection.
- 00:28:766 (8) - NC
- 00:57:968 (1) - ^
- 01:12:649 (7) - ^
- 00:06:904 (1) - NC
- 00:22:064 (2,3) - blank it Alright.
- 00:30:840 (1) - NC
- 00:58:287 (1) - ^
- 01:02:675 (8) - ^
- 01:08:181 (9) - ^
jawns wrote:Voli's Extra:
You could think about following the drums at 00:00:521 (you could use repeat sliders if you don't want to start on a stream), and the guitar between 00:01:160 (1) - and 00:04:989 (1) - , though it might be a bit late to change that now. What you've mapped makes sense as well, I just think mapping the whole intro could be interesting, especially if you did something to differentiate between the lead guitar and the drums. No change necessary though. I see what you mean but I'd much rather keep the intro simple for a clean start and so that you get that ''o damn now we startin'' feel when all the drums kick in etc. - mapping everything in the intro kinda defeats that effect
00:08:819 (1,1) - I would probably add a stream to the end of these sliders to follow the drums. Since the beat snap of those drums in both this part and 00:08:819 (1,1) - is very weird and unintuitive to follow when playing, i prefer following solely the strong sounds in the music to prevent it from becoming an unorganized mess
There are quite a few places where there's an important sound on a slider end, which I think should be emphasized better (like 00:12:649 (1) - 00:15:202 (1) - 00:19:351 (2) - etc) ah, you mean the vocals, right? But it's mapped in a way that the main beat (drums) are always almost clickable while still following the vocals, so sometimes a ''stronger vocal'' might be missed on a slider end but it's not the main thing i've been mapping to. For example you can hear a pitch change + drum on the slider head of 00:15:202 (1) - , thats why it is a slider etc.
00:11:851 (3) - is emphasized a lot more in the music than 00:12:011 (4) - , shouldn't the map reflect that? same thing as above basically
00:22:862 (1) - this beat is very weak in the song, I don't think anything justifies this jump
00:25:415 (1) - ^ yeah I see what you mean but it's a NC (so a new stanza in the music) so it doesn't actually feel like a random jump, its just the start of a new pattern, and if I were to change these the patterns would be completely ruined too
00:25:415 (1) - very important note in the song that is mapped to a slider end. Same goes with 00:34:989 (5) - and 00:35:628 (1) - .
01:14:564 (4) - on the slider end again, the beginning of a line in the vocals begin here, so I think it should be emphasized better. Well all of these are basically because of the same reason I explained above, I guess our view on mapping differs quite a bit (I prefer to emphasize the percussion/main beat over anything with clickable notes, while following vocals is secondary to me). Again, I see what you mean but all of these were intentionally done D:
That's all I really have for this map. Not much and I repeat myself a lot, but it looks like a very solid map. Thanks! Sorry for not accepting stuff but yeah it's just a conflicting view on the map/rhythms of the song I suppose
- 00:02:014 - brake here Sure thing
- 00:39:777 (1,1) - CTRL+G for better balance Balance? But that would make the pattern VERY confusing to play.. D:
- 01:13:287 (1) - NC I prefer not to since the stream doesn't change any shape whatsoever so there's no real reason to NC this, it's clear as it is