1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

Pentori wrote:

[Hitsounds]
00:23:143 (1) - why do you start hitsounding snares now when you completely ignored them in the last section? you even missed one on 00:22:993 - also the hitsound you're using for these seems totally unfitting Cuz the hit-clap stands out too much without vocals, therefore I've only started putting hit-claps when the music is just gonna hit vocals. It's a normal snare drum hit-clap, I think it should be fine
00:25:693 (4) - just seems like a random clap to me
00:26:893 - missing whistle that u normally used for ur downbeats eg. 00:29:293
00:33:193 - 00:33:793 - missing claps?
00:36:343 - if u hitsounded this, where are the ones on 00:36:643 - and 00:36:043 - ?
00:36:493 - 00:38:893 - missing whistles
00:38:143 - 00:38:293 - 00:38:593 - missing claps
u have missing claps and whistles everywhere, it really feels lacking

[Sound of Flowers]
01:51:230 - 03:56:030 - wtf are these snapped to
00:12:493 (1) - really powerful downbeat yet this is mapped completely different to 00:14:893 (1,1,2)
00:13:093 (1) - what is this even following?
00:37:543 (7) - i dont see a reason to map this, it isn't in the music
00:53:293 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - this is just so weird.. completely different to what you did at 00:34:093 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:06:493 (5) - this should be nc'ed to be consistent with your half measure ncs
01:08:893 (6) - ^
01:38:593 (6) - nc? the spacing all looks the same here, yet the rhythm is different
01:44:743 (4) - this literally reverses on nothing, there is no sound on 01:45:118 - vocals are on red, instruments on blue
01:47:893 (3,4,5) - triplet usage seems incorrect here. nothing supports this in the music and the most important beat is the first note of the triplet
01:57:643 (8) - why map this as a kick? this assumes you're giving each note equal emphasis but there is no snare here compared to the other sliders
02:01:093 (3,4,5,6) - these jumps seem so random, i would've expected a slider here for the held vocal. there is nothing to emphasise with jumps
02:04:093 (5,6) - this doesn't seem to follow anything, why should 02:04:543 - be clicked in prominence to 02:04:693
02:14:893 (1) - using a reverse slider doesn't seem smart here, 02:15:493 - is so much more powerful than 02:15:343
[]
i think this is enough for now. i really hope you can improve the quality of this mapset before you try to push this forward again
I've applied all your suggestions, I'll try to get a few more mods before pushing this forward again. Tks a lot for your mod!
posted

Lasse wrote:

doubt 00:39:343 (2) - on the highest diff is supposed to be 3/8 considering vocals are on the white tick and drums on the blue tick, your current slider ends on neither
Fixed
posted
17:15 - G I D Z -: hey
17:15 Yahuri: hi
17:15 - G I D Z -: I posted in ur queue
17:15 Yahuri: gotcha
17:15 Yahuri: ill DL it now
17:15 - G I D Z -: k
17:16 Yahuri: im gonna testplay, spectate if you wish
17:16 - G I D Z -: kk
17:21 - G I D Z -: lol shaky hands?
17:21 Yahuri: idk
17:22 Yahuri: ive been mapping more than playing recently lol
17:22 - G I D Z -: same
17:23 Yahuri: well during the play
17:23 Yahuri: i noticed a lot of places where there couldve been jumps
17:23 Yahuri: but there werent
17:23 - G I D Z -: cuz I dun wanna spam jumps
17:23 - G I D Z -: if u look at the description of my map lol
17:24 Yahuri: true, but if you look here
17:24 Yahuri: 01:24:343 (2,1) - this is the start of the kiai and the jump is just barely there
17:25 Yahuri: even the buildup has some stronger jumps
17:25 - G I D Z -: the Kiai is actually less intense
17:25 - G I D Z -: it calmed down after the build up imo
17:26 Yahuri: ok, but i think at least just the beginning should have a bigger impact
17:27 Yahuri: cymbal crash is really loud
17:27 - G I D Z -: isnt that the point of a crash cymbol lol
17:27 - G I D Z -: if u mean volume wise
17:28 - G I D Z -: I dun think its that loud? o.o
17:28 Yahuri: i mean that the cymbal crash intensity could use a larger jump
17:28 - G I D Z -: oh
17:28 Yahuri: also this is pretty large compared to the start as well 01:32:743 (4,5) -
17:30 Yahuri: 01:32:893 (5,6,7,8) - make DS of 5-6 larger or about the same start-of-slider distance cuz having it lower doesnt really make sense
17:30 Yahuri: *lower than 6-7-8
17:31 - G I D Z -: ok
17:31 - G I D Z -: done
17:32 Yahuri: 01:45:193 (5,6,7) - DS might confuse people, 5-6 is pretty large but then 6-7 is lower with a 1/2 beat spacing
17:33 Yahuri: but if you dont want to change DS, find some other visual indication to make it easier to read
17:33 - G I D Z -: ok
17:33 - G I D Z -: I kinda moved 6 to slider end
17:33 - G I D Z -: of slider 5
17:34 Yahuri: ok
17:35 Yahuri: 01:50:893 (1,2) - 01:48:493 (1,1) - these both have the same lyrics, so why not make the patterns the same as well?
17:36 - G I D Z -: lower pitch on 01:50:893 (1,2) -
17:37 Yahuri: yeah but its relative
17:37 Yahuri: the pitch doesnt change much from 01:50:893 (1,2) -
17:37 - G I D Z -: its like an octav lower lol
17:37 Yahuri: i meant
17:38 Yahuri: from 1 to 2
17:38 - G I D Z -: oh
17:38 - G I D Z -: hmm
17:38 Yahuri: naaaaa--nnn
17:38 - G I D Z -: yea
17:40 - G I D Z -: ok
17:40 - G I D Z -: made something similar to 01:48:493 (1,1) -
17:41 Yahuri: 02:00:493 (1,2,3) - dont like the flow here very much, the angle is pretty wide from 1-2-3, and then 3 flows down rather than up
17:41 - G I D Z -: lol
17:42 - G I D Z -: I fixed that while u were looking at another pattern
17:42 - G I D Z -: I felt that it had weird flow too
17:42 Yahuri: lol
17:42 - G I D Z -: :p
17:42 Yahuri: 02:21:193 (2,3,4,1) - DS confusing, relative same DS but different timing
17:43 - G I D Z -: fixedf
17:44 - G I D Z -: moved it on the right of 02:21:193 (2,3) - to make triangle shape
17:44 Yahuri: ok
17:45 Yahuri: 03:06:193 - i think this should have a click on it, vocals are somewhat strong and extended
17:46 Yahuri: ^ deserves click more than this i think 03:06:343 (4)
17:46 - G I D Z -: trying to emphasize drums there
17:46 Yahuri: well 4 isnt a drum
17:47 Yahuri: but the end of reverse 3 is
17:47 Yahuri: :p
17:47 - G I D Z -: it actually is a ghost snare note
17:47 - G I D Z -: same for 03:06:793 (6,7) -
17:47 Yahuri: isnt that just hi-hat?
17:47 Yahuri: for 4, i mean
17:48 - G I D Z -: nop
17:48 Yahuri: if you say so lol
17:48 - G I D Z -: 16 beat makes no sense in the song lol
17:48 Yahuri: ?
17:48 - G I D Z -: so Im sure the drummer is on a 8 beat rhythm
17:49 - G I D Z -: I mean the beat the drummer is playing
17:49 Yahuri: this is in 4/4 tho
17:50 - G I D Z -: nvm lo
17:51 - G I D Z -: 8 beat is also in 4/4
17:51 - G I D Z -: its a drum thing dw
17:51 Yahuri: lol
17:51 - G I D Z -: even if its a hi-hat
17:52 Yahuri: 03:21:493 - this note is stronger than the start of the slider, make click
17:52 - G I D Z -: I think its important to emphasize it as it is the main leading rhythm for the drums
17:52 Yahuri: ok
17:53 - G I D Z -: ok
17:53 - G I D Z -: added note
17:53 - G I D Z -: deleted 03:21:643 -
17:53 Yahuri: 03:22:543 (4) - this is not snare, remove clap
17:53 - G I D Z -: ops
17:53 - G I D Z -: k
17:55 Yahuri: 03:36:943 (2) - same (i think)
17:55 - G I D Z -: its feint
17:55 - G I D Z -: but its there lol
17:55 Yahuri: 03:40:093 (4,5,6,7,8) - DS of 4-5 very low compared to 5-6-7-8
17:57 - G I D Z -: fixed
17:57 Yahuri: 03:43:093 (1,3,1) - make striaght line with the start of these for aesthetics?
17:57 Yahuri: 03:47:893 (1,2,3,4) - why is 1 the only slider with a different angle
17:58 - G I D Z -: k
17:58 - G I D Z -: oops
17:58 - G I D Z -: fixed
17:59 Yahuri: 04:21:493 (2,3,4,1) - parallelogram for aesthetics OR make straight line with 4-3-1
18:00 - G I D Z -: 04:21:493 (2,3,4) - Move it away to the left a bit to make triangle with 04:21:643 (3,4,1) -
18:02 Yahuri: back to beginning cuz i skipped right to the kiai lol
18:03 - G I D Z -: lel
18:04 Yahuri: 00:53:293 (1,1) - looks a bit messy, could be a blanket but it isnt
18:05 Yahuri: 01:07:543 (5,1) - make jump DS same as 01:08:743 (5,1) - ?
18:05 Yahuri: 01:09:793 (6,1) - same
18:06 - G I D Z -: fixed blanket
18:07 - G I D Z -: 01:07:543 (5,1,2,3) - Theres more of a burst in this part compared with 01:08:743 (5,1) - imo
18:07 Yahuri: ahh
18:07 Yahuri: gotcha
18:09 Yahuri: anyways thats pretty much it
18:09 - G I D Z -: ok
18:09 - G I D Z -: tks for helpful mod \:D/
18:09 Yahuri: ending thoughts: sometimes DS and changing slider velocity makes it hard to read
18:09 - G I D Z -: pls post for kds ~
18:09 Yahuri: alrighty
18:09 - G I D Z -: I think its mostly the beginning
18:10 - G I D Z -: I mapped this some time ago so yea
18:10 Yahuri: XD
18:10 - G I D Z -: when I was still crazy about SV changes ;-;
18:10 Yahuri: its interesting, but work on the implementation more
18:10 - G I D Z -: hmm
18:10 - G I D Z -: ellaborate?
18:11 Yahuri: like
18:11 Yahuri: make sure they make sense
18:11 - G I D Z -: ah
18:11 - G I D Z -: yea
18:11 Yahuri: and make sure that the visual patterns you use are good indicators of where they are timing-wise
posted

Yahuri wrote:

17:15 - G I D Z -: hey
17:15 Yahuri: hi
17:15 - G I D Z -: I posted in ur queue
17:15 Yahuri: gotcha
17:15 Yahuri: ill DL it now
17:15 - G I D Z -: k
17:16 Yahuri: im gonna testplay, spectate if you wish
17:16 - G I D Z -: kk
17:21 - G I D Z -: lol shaky hands?
17:21 Yahuri: idk
17:22 Yahuri: ive been mapping more than playing recently lol
17:22 - G I D Z -: same
17:23 Yahuri: well during the play
17:23 Yahuri: i noticed a lot of places where there couldve been jumps
17:23 Yahuri: but there werent
17:23 - G I D Z -: cuz I dun wanna spam jumps
17:23 - G I D Z -: if u look at the description of my map lol
17:24 Yahuri: true, but if you look here
17:24 Yahuri: 01:24:343 (2,1) - this is the start of the kiai and the jump is just barely there
17:25 Yahuri: even the buildup has some stronger jumps
17:25 - G I D Z -: the Kiai is actually less intense
17:25 - G I D Z -: it calmed down after the build up imo
17:26 Yahuri: ok, but i think at least just the beginning should have a bigger impact
17:27 Yahuri: cymbal crash is really loud
17:27 - G I D Z -: isnt that the point of a crash cymbol lol
17:27 - G I D Z -: if u mean volume wise
17:28 - G I D Z -: I dun think its that loud? o.o
17:28 Yahuri: i mean that the cymbal crash intensity could use a larger jump
17:28 - G I D Z -: oh
17:28 Yahuri: also this is pretty large compared to the start as well 01:32:743 (4,5) -
17:30 Yahuri: 01:32:893 (5,6,7,8) - make DS of 5-6 larger or about the same start-of-slider distance cuz having it lower doesnt really make sense
17:30 Yahuri: *lower than 6-7-8
17:31 - G I D Z -: ok
17:31 - G I D Z -: done
17:32 Yahuri: 01:45:193 (5,6,7) - DS might confuse people, 5-6 is pretty large but then 6-7 is lower with a 1/2 beat spacing
17:33 Yahuri: but if you dont want to change DS, find some other visual indication to make it easier to read
17:33 - G I D Z -: ok
17:33 - G I D Z -: I kinda moved 6 to slider end
17:33 - G I D Z -: of slider 5
17:34 Yahuri: ok
17:35 Yahuri: 01:50:893 (1,2) - 01:48:493 (1,1) - these both have the same lyrics, so why not make the patterns the same as well?
17:36 - G I D Z -: lower pitch on 01:50:893 (1,2) -
17:37 Yahuri: yeah but its relative
17:37 Yahuri: the pitch doesnt change much from 01:50:893 (1,2) -
17:37 - G I D Z -: its like an octav lower lol
17:37 Yahuri: i meant
17:38 Yahuri: from 1 to 2
17:38 - G I D Z -: oh
17:38 - G I D Z -: hmm
17:38 Yahuri: naaaaa--nnn
17:38 - G I D Z -: yea
17:40 - G I D Z -: ok
17:40 - G I D Z -: made something similar to 01:48:493 (1,1) -
17:41 Yahuri: 02:00:493 (1,2,3) - dont like the flow here very much, the angle is pretty wide from 1-2-3, and then 3 flows down rather than up
17:41 - G I D Z -: lol
17:42 - G I D Z -: I fixed that while u were looking at another pattern
17:42 - G I D Z -: I felt that it had weird flow too
17:42 Yahuri: lol
17:42 - G I D Z -: :p
17:42 Yahuri: 02:21:193 (2,3,4,1) - DS confusing, relative same DS but different timing
17:43 - G I D Z -: fixedf
17:44 - G I D Z -: moved it on the right of 02:21:193 (2,3) - to make triangle shape
17:44 Yahuri: ok
17:45 Yahuri: 03:06:193 - i think this should have a click on it, vocals are somewhat strong and extended
17:46 Yahuri: ^ deserves click more than this i think 03:06:343 (4)
17:46 - G I D Z -: trying to emphasize drums there
17:46 Yahuri: well 4 isnt a drum
17:47 Yahuri: but the end of reverse 3 is
17:47 Yahuri: :p
17:47 - G I D Z -: it actually is a ghost snare note
17:47 - G I D Z -: same for 03:06:793 (6,7) -
17:47 Yahuri: isnt that just hi-hat?
17:47 Yahuri: for 4, i mean
17:48 - G I D Z -: nop
17:48 Yahuri: if you say so lol
17:48 - G I D Z -: 16 beat makes no sense in the song lol
17:48 Yahuri: ?
17:48 - G I D Z -: so Im sure the drummer is on a 8 beat rhythm
17:49 - G I D Z -: I mean the beat the drummer is playing
17:49 Yahuri: this is in 4/4 tho
17:50 - G I D Z -: nvm lo
17:51 - G I D Z -: 8 beat is also in 4/4
17:51 - G I D Z -: its a drum thing dw
17:51 Yahuri: lol
17:51 - G I D Z -: even if its a hi-hat
17:52 Yahuri: 03:21:493 - this note is stronger than the start of the slider, make click
17:52 - G I D Z -: I think its important to emphasize it as it is the main leading rhythm for the drums
17:52 Yahuri: ok
17:53 - G I D Z -: ok
17:53 - G I D Z -: added note
17:53 - G I D Z -: deleted 03:21:643 -
17:53 Yahuri: 03:22:543 (4) - this is not snare, remove clap
17:53 - G I D Z -: ops
17:53 - G I D Z -: k
17:55 Yahuri: 03:36:943 (2) - same (i think)
17:55 - G I D Z -: its feint
17:55 - G I D Z -: but its there lol
17:55 Yahuri: 03:40:093 (4,5,6,7,8) - DS of 4-5 very low compared to 5-6-7-8
17:57 - G I D Z -: fixed
17:57 Yahuri: 03:43:093 (1,3,1) - make striaght line with the start of these for aesthetics?
17:57 Yahuri: 03:47:893 (1,2,3,4) - why is 1 the only slider with a different angle
17:58 - G I D Z -: k
17:58 - G I D Z -: oops
17:58 - G I D Z -: fixed
17:59 Yahuri: 04:21:493 (2,3,4,1) - parallelogram for aesthetics OR make straight line with 4-3-1
18:00 - G I D Z -: 04:21:493 (2,3,4) - Move it away to the left a bit to make triangle with 04:21:643 (3,4,1) -
18:02 Yahuri: back to beginning cuz i skipped right to the kiai lol
18:03 - G I D Z -: lel
18:04 Yahuri: 00:53:293 (1,1) - looks a bit messy, could be a blanket but it isnt
18:05 Yahuri: 01:07:543 (5,1) - make jump DS same as 01:08:743 (5,1) - ?
18:05 Yahuri: 01:09:793 (6,1) - same
18:06 - G I D Z -: fixed blanket
18:07 - G I D Z -: 01:07:543 (5,1,2,3) - Theres more of a burst in this part compared with 01:08:743 (5,1) - imo
18:07 Yahuri: ahh
18:07 Yahuri: gotcha
18:09 Yahuri: anyways thats pretty much it
18:09 - G I D Z -: ok
18:09 - G I D Z -: tks for helpful mod \:D/
18:09 Yahuri: ending thoughts: sometimes DS and changing slider velocity makes it hard to read
18:09 - G I D Z -: pls post for kds ~
18:09 Yahuri: alrighty
18:09 - G I D Z -: I think its mostly the beginning
18:10 - G I D Z -: I mapped this some time ago so yea
18:10 Yahuri: XD
18:10 - G I D Z -: when I was still crazy about SV changes ;-;
18:10 Yahuri: its interesting, but work on the implementation more
18:10 - G I D Z -: hmm
18:10 - G I D Z -: ellaborate?
18:11 Yahuri: like
18:11 Yahuri: make sure they make sense
18:11 - G I D Z -: ah
18:11 - G I D Z -: yea
18:11 Yahuri: and make sure that the visual patterns you use are good indicators of where they are timing-wise
Tks for helpful mod o/
posted
Hello from Modding Queue


[Sound of Flowers]
00:05:293 (1) - You can do the same thing previously. The slidertick involves a sound that you already mapped out. I think keeping it the same way is better than to skip over that sound
00:07:693 (1,2,3) - I think you mixed the rhythm around. I believe the most effective one would be http://puu.sh/sQQLu/a07d6e3d50.jpg
00:17:368 (2) - This I believe is overmapped not a sound that I would deem worthy here. Even if there was the sound that is being dragged over goes to it. I believe just taking this out is good
00:20:593 (2) - Is this a random clap?
00:23:593 (2,3) - Spacing here is closer than you actually expect. 00:23:893 (3,4,5) - You can fill in or not fill in it's up to you. Reason I say spacing is small is because this is already 2.8 00:22:543 (2,3) - with that time signature while the one you have is also 2.8 with a different signature. Should be rather close to this 00:23:143 (1,2) -
00:28:393 (6,1,2) - I think you can do something with this since it's just out in the open. I'll give you an idea to start off with http://puu.sh/sQRFL/9c2eb0de55.jpg
00:30:793 (1,2,3,1) - Just some more nonsense http://puu.sh/sQRKj/ccf837a071.jpg
00:32:893 - Really strong harp like sound. This should be an important one to map out
00:40:993 (1,1) - Something like this could work out better for you. Since that square pattern coming up fits with the rotation very well and compliments each other http://puu.sh/sQRPs/8f5d65e7ce.jpg Also if you changed the SV a little down it'll be perfect
00:42:793 (6) - You can remove this entirely. It really adds the subtle feel to the song without having too much. Or you can make 00:42:493 (5) - A 1/2 slider to bring out that sound with a hold
00:47:593 (2) - If you do this it adds a sudden pace to the song. Try to remove that and extend the previous slider (1) into that snare and if you want you can add a note 00:47:743 (2) - to do the same thing you did.
00:49:993 (1,2,3,4) - The rhythm you had before had a strong emphasis where a sliderend was taking place. Since 00:49:993 (1) - and 00:50:443 - sound almost identical. You can try http://puu.sh/sQSmm/4887d2178d.jpg and see how that works for you (You can add a note on the blue tick if you wanted too)
00:51:493 (1) - Ending on that piano key on the red tick is more efficient than ending it on the vocal. It sounds really poor when actually listening to it
01:07:393 (4,5) - Tbh you don't actually need these to create a strong emphasis. 01:07:318 (3,1) - The pause is just great enough to give a strong feedback when playing. If you'd like you can also add a note 01:07:543 (4) - to play with it
01:09:043 - The sound here isn't mapped out but at 01:09:343 (2) - it is. I think you should map them both out for consistency since that double doesn't do you any justice. Somewhat like this http://puu.sh/sQSM6/0d9e62c468.jpg
If you didn't change above 01:08:893 (1) - Add clap on sliderend 01:09:643 (5) - Remove clap here You will love it
01:24:043 - I don't think removing a note here creates good gradual emphasis leading into the kiai. I see a lot of maps do this but with jump patterns to give the intro to kiai a better effect
01:24:493 (1) - I wasn't expecting kiai to slow down a lot more than the whole entire map is. I was expecting more single notes with jump patterns that makes the kiai compliment the song more 01:35:743 (5,6,7,8) - Needed a little more of this 01:51:793 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - This is nice
The rest is good or can be changed to things previously mentioned since it's just the same singing and sounds as before.

Key areas to improve on

  1. Work on implementing sounds that coincide with the song. Make things stand out without having to add in a lot.
  2. For Kiai wise instead of the long 1/1 looking sliders and repeats implement with 1/2 sliders and single notes to add more effect.
  3. Some SV are a little fast than others, and they shouldn't be according to the song itself but I'll let others decide.

Pentori wrote:

i think this is enough for now. i really hope you can improve the quality of this mapset before you try to push this forward again
I do agree with what Pentori has said. Just a little more and it'll be pushed forward I promise.
posted

Kocari wrote:

Hello from Modding Queue


[Sound of Flowers]
00:05:293 (1) - You can do the same thing previously. The slidertick involves a sound that you already mapped out. I think keeping it the same way is better than to skip over that sound k
00:07:693 (1,2,3) - I think you mixed the rhythm around. I believe the most effective one would be http://puu.sh/sQQLu/a07d6e3d50.jpg k
00:17:368 (2) - This I believe is overmapped not a sound that I would deem worthy here. Even if there was the sound that is being dragged over goes to it. I believe just taking this out is good Changed to reverse slider
00:20:593 (2) - Is this a random clap? oops forgot to remove from prev mod
00:23:593 (2,3) - Spacing here is closer than you actually expect. 00:23:893 (3,4,5) - You can fill in or not fill in it's up to you. Reason I say spacing is small is because this is already 2.8 00:22:543 (2,3) - with that time signature while the one you have is also 2.8 with a different signature. Should be rather close to this 00:23:143 (1,2) - made it closer
00:28:393 (6,1,2) - I think you can do something with this since it's just out in the open. I'll give you an idea to start off with http://puu.sh/sQRFL/9c2eb0de55.jpg I aligned them differently
00:30:793 (1,2,3,1) - Just some more nonsense http://puu.sh/sQRKj/ccf837a071.jpg changed pattern
00:32:893 - Really strong harp like sound. This should be an important one to map out Following vocals should be fine as well imo
00:40:993 (1,1) - Something like this could work out better for you. Since that square pattern coming up fits with the rotation very well and compliments each other http://puu.sh/sQRPs/8f5d65e7ce.jpg Also if you changed the SV a little down it'll be perfect That jump is intentional to emphasize downbeat vocal.
00:42:793 (6) - You can remove this entirely. It really adds the subtle feel to the song without having too much. Or you can make 00:42:493 (5) - A 1/2 slider to bring out that sound with a hold yea but I am trying to follow the drum snare here as well
00:47:593 (2) - If you do this it adds a sudden pace to the song. Try to remove that and extend the previous slider (1) into that snare and if you want you can add a note 00:47:743 (2) - to do the same thing you did. k
00:49:993 (1,2,3,4) - The rhythm you had before had a strong emphasis where a sliderend was taking place. Since 00:49:993 (1) - and 00:50:443 - sound almost identical. You can try http://puu.sh/sQSmm/4887d2178d.jpg and see how that works for you (You can add a note on the blue tick if you wanted too) hmm, I still prefer my pattern cuz of the bass bass kick at 00:49:993 (1,2,3) -
00:51:493 (1) - Ending on that piano key on the red tick is more efficient than ending it on the vocal. It sounds really poor when actually listening to it k
01:07:393 (4,5) - Tbh you don't actually need these to create a strong emphasis. 01:07:318 (3,1) - The pause is just great enough to give a strong feedback when playing. If you'd like you can also add a note 01:07:543 (4) - to play with it changed pattern
01:09:043 - The sound here isn't mapped out but at 01:09:343 (2) - it is. I think you should map them both out for consistency since that double doesn't do you any justice. Somewhat like this http://puu.sh/sQSM6/0d9e62c468.jpg k
If you didn't change above 01:08:893 (1) - Add clap on sliderend 01:09:643 (5) - Remove clap here You will love it
01:24:043 - I don't think removing a note here creates good gradual emphasis leading into the kiai. I see a lot of maps do this but with jump patterns to give the intro to kiai a better effect Follows the drums nicely rhythm wise imo and I dun wanna put too many jumps lol
01:24:493 (1) - I wasn't expecting kiai to slow down a lot more than the whole entire map is. I was expecting more single notes with jump patterns that makes the kiai compliment the song more 01:35:743 (5,6,7,8) - Needed a little more of this 01:51:793 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - This is nice
The rest is good or can be changed to things previously mentioned since it's just the same singing and sounds as before. I think Kiai's usage is more of making the main part of the song i.e. the chorus. But that doesnt necessarily mean Kiai should be the most intense part of the song imo. As long as it follows the music it should be fine.

Key areas to improve on

  1. Work on implementing sounds that coincide with the song. Make things stand out without having to add in a lot.
  2. For Kiai wise instead of the long 1/1 looking sliders and repeats implement with 1/2 sliders and single notes to add more effect.
  3. Some SV are a little fast than others, and they shouldn't be according to the song itself but I'll let others decide.

Pentori wrote:

i think this is enough for now. i really hope you can improve the quality of this mapset before you try to push this forward again
I do agree with what Pentori has said. Just a little more and it'll be pushed forward I promise.
Yea tks a lot for the mod rly helpful o/
posted
hey ther

  • [flowers dont make noise]
  1. 00:16:093 (1,2) - i dont get why this isnt a 1/2 slider like previously
  2. 00:21:193 (1,1,1,1) - i feel like you could increase the spacing between these steadily, or at least between 00:21:793 (1,1) -
  3. 00:22:693 (3,1) - maybe this would be a more approriate rhythm http://puu.sh/sWbNY/7d0c5b6d13.jpg since right now 00:23:293 - feels really empty
  4. 00:36:793 (3,4) - stack? 4 is spaced further from 3 but in 00:37:243 (5,6) - 6 is stacked under 5, and they sound about the same intensity to me
  5. 00:45:793 (1,2,1) - lol 2 is closer to 00:46:093 (1) - (2.69x) than 00:45:793 (1) - (2.72x) pls fix
  6. 01:01:243 (4) - there's barely any sound here, so i think you should do the same thing as 03:05:893 (3) -
  7. 01:14:743 (5) - maybe this sound could be emphasized more like this? http://puu.sh/sWbXl/9ceea31827.jpg and flows ncier imo xd
  8. 01:23:893 (5,1) - the spacing to 1 from 5 as 1/2 seems kinda small for this section
  9. 03:04:393 (9) - i think you should make this a slider, since it resembles the sound at 01:00:193 (3) - and that way you map same vocals with sliders at 00:59:593 (6) - and 03:04:393 (9) -
  10. 03:06:493 (5) - NC like 01:01:693 (1) - ?
  11. 03:08:893 (6) - ^ 01:04:093 (1) -
  12. 03:19:393 (4,5) - once again, i suggest something like this so the two sounds are emphasized differently http://puu.sh/sWeiS/3930f5112c.jpg
  13. 03:27:043 - imo feels very empty without anything here, maybe at least extend 03:26:893 (9) - as a slider?
  14. 03:56:593 (3) - change this to two circles like 01:51:793 (2,3) - ?
  15. 04:42:943 (5) - since ur mapping vocals (?) maybe remove this note

    not sure if it was intentional, but there were a lot of differences between the sections 01:00:493 - and 03:04:993 - , when they sound about identical, so i didn't mention a lot



ok ya so there's my god awful mod, dont give kds if you didnt find useful
posted

Flezlin wrote:

hey ther

  • [flowers dont make noise]
  1. 00:16:093 (1,2) - i dont get why this isnt a 1/2 slider like previously cuz I wanna make 00:16:393 (2,3) - clickable as there are 2 snares sounds that are rather string there imo.
  2. 00:21:193 (1,1,1,1) - i feel like you could increase the spacing between these steadily, or at least between 00:21:793 (1,1) - Thats actually not a bad idea, but I think it'll ruin most of the aesthetics if I try to change that now :<
  3. 00:22:693 (3,1) - maybe this would be a more approriate rhythm http://puu.sh/sWbNY/7d0c5b6d13.jpg since right now 00:23:293 - feels really empty 00:22:093 (1,3) - Following vocals and 00:23:143 (1,2) - to emphasize snare
  4. 00:36:793 (3,4) - stack? 4 is spaced further from 3 but in 00:37:243 (5,6) - 6 is stacked under 5, and they sound about the same intensity to me Its kinda like a cool down pattern for 00:34:093 - , and then I subconsciencely tell them the pattern is finished by stacking at 00:37:243 (5,6) -
  5. 00:45:793 (1,2,1) - lol 2 is closer to 00:46:093 (1) - (2.69x) than 00:45:793 (1) - (2.72x) pls fix Intentional, cuz the next part 00:46:093 (1,2,3,4) - is calmer so I've spaced 00:46:093 (1) - closer.
  6. 01:01:243 (4) - there's barely any sound here, so i think you should do the same thing as 03:05:893 (3) - fixed
  7. 01:14:743 (5) - maybe this sound could be emphasized more like this? http://puu.sh/sWbXl/9ceea31827.jpg and flows ncier imo xd lol should be fine currently as well. Also I've used kick sliders for snare emphasis in Kiai thus its good to keep for players to remember such a pattern subconsciencely before Kiai imo.
  8. 01:23:893 (5,1) - the spacing to 1 from 5 as 1/2 seems kinda small for this section Its fine imo cuz the build up is even more intense than the chorus itself lol. It also happens to be the jump just before the chorus, so its good to decrease a bit of spacing since the next part is less intense.
  9. 03:04:393 (9) - i think you should make this a slider, since it resembles the sound at 01:00:193 (3) - and that way you map same vocals with sliders at 00:59:593 (6) - and 03:04:393 (9) - Hmm, I dun think thats an issue since I've put variety to the map. Also the music is slightly different pre-pattern wise.
  10. 03:06:493 (5) - NC like 01:01:693 (1) - ? Not necessary here imo, theres noth to emphasize like SV change like prev.
  11. 03:08:893 (6) - ^ 01:04:093 (1) - 2 combos look weird and inconsistent lol
  12. 03:19:393 (4,5) - once again, i suggest something like this so the two sounds are emphasized differently http://puu.sh/sWeiS/3930f5112c.jpg But the snare sound doesnt change :v
  13. 03:27:043 - imo feels very empty without anything here, maybe at least extend 03:26:893 (9) - as a slider? Its intentional sinve drums only pick up at 03:27:193 - , I dun wanna overmap :v
  14. 03:56:593 (3) - change this to two circles like 01:51:793 (2,3) - ? ok
  15. 04:42:943 (5) - since ur mapping vocals (?) maybe remove this note ok

    not sure if it was intentional, but there were a lot of differences between the sections 01:00:493 - and 03:04:993 - , when they sound about identical, so i didn't mention a lot Its intentional to create variety.



ok ya so there's my god awful mod, dont give kds if you didnt find useful
All mods are useful :v Heres ur kds~
posted
still pretty disappointed with the hitsounding, because it's not consistent or logical.
like if 00:36:343 - deserves a clap then why don't 00:36:193 - 00:36:643 - 00:36:793 - have a claps too?
if you're going to add hitsounds to a specific drum in the music, u need to cover all the same sounds with the same hitsound. otherwise players will feel as if they are missing feedback.

i feel your method of hitsounding is flawed anyways and could do with a rework. those snare sounds are really quiet so ignoring them would be a better option. instead u can hitsound strong piano notes like 00:23:293 - 00:25:393 - since they are seriously lacking feedback, and save claps for the louder drums like 00:25:993 - 00:28:393 - 00:40:693 - etc. just try to work something else out
[]
also some parts of the map are still overmapped/undermapped, and following the music more closely would be way more interesting to play.
01:09:643 (4) - this note doesn't exist, so a 1/2 gap would be better
01:09:793 (5) - 01:09:793 - is much weaker than 01:09:943 - yet you have the weaker note clicked, as well as a clap on the weaker note when the music doesn't support it.
01:09:793 (5,1) - and then here you have a huge anti-jump to the downbeat. having larger spacing would be more appropriate for emphasis
01:14:593 (4,5) - mapping these as if they are the same sounds when 01:14:743 (5) - is significantly stronger is kinda meh. also as stated before 01:14:593 - doesn't really deserve the clap there since there is no drum in the music

these points occur in other places too, so you should look through the map again with that mindset.
this still needs work imo, unless you can find bns that disagree with me
posted

Pentori wrote:

still pretty disappointed with the hitsounding, because it's not consistent or logical.
like if 00:36:343 - deserves a clap then why don't 00:36:193 - 00:36:643 - 00:36:793 - have a claps too?
if you're going to add hitsounds to a specific drum in the music, u need to cover all the same sounds with the same hitsound. otherwise players will feel as if they are missing feedback. I've went through the map on 25%~50% playback speed and added claps. Though I feel that 00:36:793 - is too quiet for a clap. I've added on 00:36:193 - instead cuz it has a drum kick along with snare. But I dun get wats so inconsistent in the hitsounding when all I am doing is following the drums in the music and no excess claps.

i feel your method of hitsounding is flawed anyways and could do with a rework. those snare sounds are really quiet so ignoring them would be a better option. instead u can hitsound strong piano notes like 00:23:293 - 00:25:393 - since they are seriously lacking feedback, and save claps for the louder drums like 00:25:993 - 00:28:393 - 00:40:693 - etc. just try to work something else out Every drum snare (not ghost hits) after vocals have started should be emphasized imo cuz its mostly wat I am mapping to. Drums and vocals. Though I can try and search for piano sounds like u've mentioned to add more to the dynamics of the map's hitsounds, the thing is that I didnt think of mapping to piano sounds so the hitsounding might be even more inconsistent imo.
[]
also some parts of the map are still overmapped/undermapped, and following the music more closely would be way more interesting to play.
01:09:643 (4) - this note doesn't exist, so a 1/2 gap would be better ok
01:09:793 (5) - 01:09:793 - is much weaker than 01:09:943 - yet you have the weaker note clicked, as well as a clap on the weaker note when the music doesn't support it. I dun wanna use 2 circles or kick slider+circle here cuz it kinda disrupts the flow.
01:09:793 (5,1) - and then here you have a huge anti-jump to the downbeat. having larger spacing would be more appropriate for emphasis The previous ones arent that far either.. The pattern goes in right left right movement so I think its fine.
01:14:593 (4,5) - mapping these as if they are the same sounds when 01:14:743 (5) - is significantly stronger is kinda meh. also as stated before 01:14:593 - doesn't really deserve the clap there since there is no drum in the music changed to kick slider + circle

these points occur in other places too, so you should look through the map again with that mindset.
this still needs work imo, unless you can find bns that disagree with me
I'll keep working on it and also get some hitsound mods before trying to push forward again~ Tks a lot for the recheck o/

Edit:Changed hit-clap and followed Chaos' hitsounding a bit
posted
we have a disscussion about hitsound for these map, i didnt post log cuz some reason
if you want log or a reason, PM me

goodluck with map rank
posted
k feel free to rebubble
also maybe u should get a drum-sliderslide1 since ur using that sampleset now
posted

Pentori wrote:

k feel free to rebubble
also maybe u should get a drum-sliderslide1 since ur using that sampleset now
Alright tks for time on this map :)

edit: Applied drum-sliderslide

UPDATED
posted
re
posted
Already checked by previous modding, so nothing to say to that to me.

#2 Bubbled
posted
2017-01-02 20:47 - G I D Z -: ok
2017-01-02 20:47 - G I D Z -: Forgive some of my aesthetics cuz quite old map
2017-01-02 20:48 Kencho: just some rhythm part
2017-01-02 20:48 Kencho: 00:20:893 (1,1,1,1,1) -
2017-01-02 20:48 Kencho: 00:26:893 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2017-01-02 20:49 Kencho: 前後者統一比較好
2017-01-02 20:49 - G I D Z -: u mean same pattern?
2017-01-02 20:50 Kencho: 應該說節奏上
2017-01-02 20:50 Kencho: 後面從vocals開始放slider
2017-01-02 20:50 Kencho: 但前面第一個唔係vocal起
2017-01-02 20:50 - G I D Z -: oh
2017-01-02 20:50 Kencho: 即係話00:20:893 (1) - 改成1/4slider
2017-01-02 20:51 Kencho: 00:22:093 (1) - 改成7/8+1個circle
2017-01-02 20:51 - G I D Z -: note also ok?
2017-01-02 20:51 Kencho: 00:20:893 (1) - 呢個放note都ok
2017-01-02 20:51 - G I D Z -: but there is vocal there
2017-01-02 20:52 - G I D Z -: I just put note at 00:20:893 -
2017-01-02 20:52 Kencho: yea
2017-01-02 20:52 Kencho: 有D難解釋,我入call講下
2017-01-02 20:53 - G I D Z -: ok
2017-01-02 20:53 - G I D Z -: ol
2017-01-02 20:54 Kencho: 00:21:193 -
2017-01-02 20:54 Kencho: 00:22:093 (1) -
2017-01-02 20:55 Kencho: 00:21:418 - 00:21:718 - 00:22:018 - 00:22:318 - mute slider tail
2017-01-02 20:57 - G I D Z -: ok
2017-01-02 20:58 Kencho: 00:40:093 (5) -
2017-01-02 20:58 Kencho: 1/4 slider
2017-01-02 20:58 Kencho: 00:41:293 (1) -
2017-01-02 20:58 Kencho: 3/4
2017-01-02 21:00 Kencho: 00:30:193 (1) -
2017-01-02 21:01 - G I D Z -: 00:30:793 (1) -
2017-01-02 21:02 - G I D Z -: Moved up and right
2017-01-02 21:03 Kencho: 00:32:893 -
2017-01-02 21:05 Kencho: 00:56:893 (5) - NC
2017-01-02 21:05 Kencho: 00:59:293 (5) - NC
2017-01-02 21:05 - G I D Z -: ok
2017-01-02 21:06 Kencho: 01:22:243 - 呢個位空左唔係幾好
2017-01-02 21:06 Kencho: 01:22:093 (9) -
2017-01-02 21:07 Kencho: 換成1/4slider
2017-01-02 21:07 Kencho: http://puu.sh/t8D47/8a347a6070.jpg
2017-01-02 21:08 Kencho: http://puu.sh/t8D5l/7d82ac2036.jpg
2017-01-02 21:09 - G I D Z -: 01:22:993 (5) - copied this slider
2017-01-02 21:09 Kencho: 01:28:093 (5) -
2017-01-02 21:09 Kencho: NC
2017-01-02 21:09 - G I D Z -: fixed
2017-01-02 21:10 Kencho: 01:25:693 (4) -
2017-01-02 21:11 - G I D Z -: 01:30:493 (5) -
2017-01-02 21:13 Kencho: 02:33:643 (5) - 可以detete
2017-01-02 21:14 Kencho: delete
2017-01-02 21:15 Kencho: 02:56:593 - add circle
2017-01-02 21:18 Kencho: 03:45:343 (1) -
2017-01-02 21:20 Kencho: 放在03:44:143 (2) - 上
2017-01-02 21:21 Kencho: http://puu.sh/t8DB0/012aaea7d2.jpg
2017-01-02 21:21 Kencho: 03:45:343 -
2017-01-02 21:23 - G I D Z -: changed pattern
2017-01-02 21:24 - G I D Z -: 03:26:893 -
2017-01-02 21:25 - G I D Z -: 03:27:643 (4) -
2017-01-02 21:26 Kencho: http://puu.sh/t8DM8/964e63d747.jpg
2017-01-02 21:31 Kencho: 00:22:543 (2) -
2017-01-02 21:31 Kencho: 00:22:393 -
2017-01-02 21:32 Kencho: 00:27:793 (4,5) -
2017-01-02 21:34 Kencho: 00:26:893 -
2017-01-02 21:34 Kencho: 00:22:093 -
2017-01-02 21:34 Kencho: 00:22:093 (1) - 用翻1/2
2017-01-02 21:35 Kencho: 00:30:793 (1) - 順便ctrl+G如何
2017-01-02 21:38 Kencho: 01:06:493 (1) - 取消NC
2017-01-02 21:40 Kencho: 01:00:493 - 1.2x
2017-01-02 21:40 Kencho: 01:01:693 - 1.0x
2017-01-02 21:40 Kencho: 03:05:293 - 1.2x
2017-01-02 21:41 - G I D Z -: 03:15:793 -


Approved!
posted
Thanks everyone o/
posted
o

geegrats!
posted

Chaoslitz wrote:

geegrats!
missing gee in tags :geeking:
posted

Gaia wrote:

missing gee in tags :geeking:
nop :<
show more
Please sign in to reply.