forum

Kenji Yamamoto - Dark Samus [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
ArisuKarin
Wow! Alot has changed sence the begining when their was only 3 stars, now theres 20+!!
But, for some reason, i don't know why, the timing seems really slow...just by a smidge. 125.20BPM might do it! (try it)
Yes, the timing is really slow and sounds off, alot,.... @_@
Topic Starter
marshallracer

ArisuKarin wrote:

Wow! Alot has changed sence the begining when their was only 3 stars, now theres 20+!!
But, for some reason, i don't know why, the timing seems really slow...just by a smidge. 125.20BPM might do it! (try it)
Yes, the timing is really slow and sounds off, alot,.... @_@
err, sorry, but the Timing seems alright to me ... not sure about it anyway ^^
and yes, big progress, but still alot work to do
ArisuKarin

marshall_racer wrote:

On the Takio Beatmap its fine but on "ArisuKarin's Insane" and "Normal" and "Hard" Its off :?
BPM:125.20
Offset: 676
Slider Velocity: 1.40
Please just try it!! :cry:
Topic Starter
marshallracer

ArisuKarin wrote:

marshall_racer wrote:

On the Takio Beatmap its fine but on "ArisuKarin's Insane" and "Normal" and "Hard" Its off :?
BPM:125.20
Offset: 676
Slider Velocity: 1.40
Please just try it!! :cry:
can it be, that you still have the old mp3?
Raging Bull
General:
Do you have Ready and Go? The "Ready 1 2 3 Go" thing. Try to make the countdown more consistent by adding Ready? and Go image. It looks funny with my K-ON!! image with your dark image :3
Change Taikobg to 800x600 or 1024x768
And change your BG to 1024x768

Normal:
00:10:312 (1,1) - I don't like a note right after a spinner on easy. Think of a way different way to map without spinner?
01:17:431 (1,1) - ^

Hard:
01:21:267 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2) - Don't like how the spacing goes for Hard. Maybe move them slightly closer?

Insane:
Nothing bothered me.

Good luck.
Shohei Ohtani
Welp, time to mod this

Overall:
Claps on 2 and 4 generally fit for every song. This one included. This mod post will be done assuming that you hopefully add claps on the 2nd and 4th beat of every measure (unless unfitting).

Arisu:
Your map is a little too blockular. A lot of patterns go in a straight line, and a lot of sliders are straight. Although straight is good sometimes, it'd be cool if there was a little more curving sliders and curving patterns.
00:21:818 (2) - Ugly slider D:. This might just be better like this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/106721
00:50:943 (2) - Add clap on beginning of slider.
00:51:303 (3) - Like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/106723
00:55:138 (3) - This just needs a new idea. I don't like this slider at all D:.
01:15:514 (1) - Just make it a regular J slider or something, instead of what you're doing here.

Hard:
00:45:310 (2) - This slider isn't lopsided, but it'd probably be nicer if you put more sliderpoints on it, so it looks a bit nicer~.

Easy:
00:27:571 (5) - This would be better as just a basic curved slider instead of whatever it is now.
00:45:310 (1) - I don't like this slider D:. But I guess you can keep it unless someone else complains.
00:50:584 (1) - You could probably do a more proportionate slider here.
Did you seriously just copy the end of hard (or hard copied the end of easy) and added/removed notes? That's uncreative D:. Remap one of the two so they aren't too similar~.

Whee.
HakuNoKaemi
[Easy]
00:27:571 (5) - I don't know why.. but i saw it good like this XD
I don't like how you used Whistles from 00:42:913 to 00:58:254
Make somone check the Hitsound of this...

[Hard]
use Less Overlaps, make graphic better and most of the map don't folllow music

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
isn't following music that much too -.-", too much overmapped triplets and streams...
kurohana
ok, my mod :D

[General]

nothing to say :D

[Easy]

a circle after a spinner is a bit hard for easy... open AImod to check this

[Hard]

nothing to say ^^

[Insane]

00:30:927 (2) a bit confusing...
00:57:775 (6,7,8) spacing, set these 3 notes at the end of the slider 5, in the upper right corner you see yellow numbers, they must be prev:0,00x and next:0,00x
disable grid snap for it

cant say anything to taiko

good luck and star ^^
Topic Starter
marshallracer
so many modposts at once D:

CDFA wrote:

Welp, time to mod this awesome

Overall:
Claps on 2 and 4 generally fit for every song. This one included. This mod post will be done assuming that you hopefully add claps on the 2nd and 4th beat of every measure (unless unfitting). rly? please say you're kidding me D:

Arisu:
Your map is a little too blockular. A lot of patterns go in a straight line, and a lot of sliders are straight. Although straight is good sometimes, it'd be cool if there was a little more curving sliders and curving patterns.
00:21:818 (2) - Ugly slider D:. This might just be better like this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/106721 yessir
00:50:943 (2) - Add clap on beginning of slider. done
00:51:303 (3) - Like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/106723 yup, good idea
00:55:138 (3) - This just needs a new idea. I don't like this slider at all D:. changed
01:15:514 (1) - Just make it a regular J slider or something, instead of what you're doing here. changed

Hard:
00:45:310 (2) - This slider isn't lopsided what does that mean? D: #modhelp is awesome :3, but it'd probably be nicer if you put more sliderpoints on it, so it looks a bit nicer~. ok

Easy:
00:27:571 (5) - This would be better as just a basic curved slider instead of whatever it is now. changed
00:45:310 (1) - I don't like this slider D:. But I guess you can keep it unless someone else complains. this slider was even suggested some pages ago lol
00:50:584 (1) - You could probably do a more proportionate slider here. nah
Did you seriously just copy the end of hard (or hard copied the end of easy) and added/removed notes? That's uncreative D:. Remap one of the two so they aren't too similar~. changed stuff on Easy, shouldn't look too similar now

Whee. *rolls*
k, first done

Raging Bull wrote:

General:
Do you have Ready and Go? The "Ready 1 2 3 Go" thing. Try to make the countdown more consistent by adding Ready? and Go image. It looks funny with my K-ON!! image with your dark image :3 K-ON!! ft. Metroid ... sounds awesome xD but i try to get make one
Change Taikobg to 800x600 or 1024x768 waiting for Rikers to provide his promised new one
And change your BG to 1024x768 k

Normal:
00:10:312 (1,1) - I don't like a note right after a spinner on easy. Think of a way different way to map without spinner? removed the first note after that spinner ... waiting for the first one bitching about that one xD
01:17:431 (1,1) - ^ ^

Hard:
01:21:267 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2) - Don't like how the spacing goes for Hard. Maybe move them slightly closer? how close D:

Insane:
Nothing bothered me. yay

Good luck. surely needed
k, 2 more to go through

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

[Easy]
00:27:571 (5) - I don't know why.. but i saw it good like this XD interesting idea, done
I don't like how you used Whistles from 00:42:913 to 00:58:254 other modders suggestions, not my fault
Make somone check the Hitsound of this... /me dies

[Hard]
use Less Overlaps, make graphic better and most of the map don't folllow music whyyy D: :cry:

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
isn't following music that much too -.-", too much overmapped triplets and streams... it's playble and partly follows the music :P
seemed kinda like a random mod :P

kurohana wrote:

ok, my mod :D hi :3

[General]

nothing to say :D awesome

[Easy]

a circle after a spinner is a bit hard for easy... open AImod to check this changed with CDFA's mod

[Hard]

nothing to say ^^ awesome

[Insane]

00:30:927 (2) a bit confusing... you mean because it's hidden? well, changing it then ...
00:57:775 (6,7,8) spacing, set these 3 notes at the end of the slider 5, in the upper right corner you see yellow numbers, they must be prev:0,00x and next:0,00x
disable grid snap for it i just put them at the beginning of the slider, putting them precisely on the end of the slider is impossible for me D:

cant say anything to taiko how about Rikers' skin? :3

good luck and star ^^ thanks
wow
RobotoRaccoon
Mod :o

General
• No Taiko Background?

[Easy]
• Just random slider art?
• HP -1
00:27:571 (5) - Isn't snapped on the grid
• Do you even have Gridsnap on?
00:42:913 (1) - Make it a slider with less red waypoints?

[Hard]
• AR -1

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
• Tick Rate 2
• Maybe HP +1?

Star 8-)
Overall, a good map
Oh and something to me looks weird with the score numbers :\
Topic Starter
marshallracer

RobotoRaccoon wrote:

Mod :o

General
• No Taiko Background? old one was bad, looking for a new one

[Easy]
• Just random slider art?
• HP -1 done
00:27:571 (5) - Isn't snapped on the grid nazi >_< ... but fixed :3
• Do you even have Gridsnap on? always
00:42:913 (1) - Make it a slider with less red waypoints? nah

[Hard]
• AR -1 no

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
• Tick Rate 2 k
• Maybe HP +1? yeah, sounds good

Star 8-)
Overall, a good map
Oh and something to me looks weird with the score numbers :\ hmmm ...
kanpakyin
As per your request:
Here's my Taiko mod.

[Rikki-Don's Dark Taiko]
  1. No BG on this diff?
  2. 00:04:079(10)-Add a Kat here?To fit your previous pattern.
  3. 00:11:511(24.26)-Big notes is not inappropriate here.Remove them seems better.
  4. 00:33:342(146162)-I can't understand why you put a long stream here.A simple 1/2 notes are good enough here. (I prefer something like dkdkdkdkd)
  5. 00:42:913(x)-Please snap the Kiai Time properly on 00:42:913!Also I think slider speed change is inappropriate,well,but it's fine during gameplay though.
  6. 00:48:426(229-232)-I suggest you remove this 2-plet,It's extremely weird here,It doesn't fit the music.
  7. 01:14:195(373.374)-Weird rhythm,better to add a note on 01:14:075-(I prefer k on it)
  8. 02:09:689(277)-Kat here?
  9. 02:10:887(284-286)-NO,Just NO,Don't make a tripet when the speed change start.It'll make confused during gamelay.
    My Ratting:(For reference only)
  10. Rhythm:3.5/5
  11. Patterns:3/5
  12. Totally:6.5/10

That's it
Rikers

kanpakyin wrote:

As per your request:
Here's my Taiko mod.

[Rikki-Don's Dark Taiko]
[*]00:11:511(24.26)-Big notes is not inappropriate here.Remove them seems better. I don't like how it sounds now.
[*]00:33:342(146162)-I can't understand why you put a long stream here.A simple 1/2 notes are good enough here. (I prefer something like dkdkdkdkd) To fit the music, sir. Unless someone else complains about this, I will not change it.
[*]00:48:426(229-232)-I suggest you remove this 2-plet Wha?
[*]02:10:887(284-286)-NO,Just NO,Don't make a tripet when the speed change start.It'll make confused during gamelay.
At least it doesn't have a billion speed changes like in some standard maps, shiiiit.

My Ratting:(For reference only)
[*]Rhythm:3.5/5
[*]Patterns:3/5
[*]Totally:6.5/10[/list]
Everyone's a goddamn critic.

Here's the bg
SPOILER

This is close enough, amirite?

Dammit marsmallow, this timing still sounds off. = w=
Topic Starter
marshallracer
goddamn, why is everyone pooting complaining about the timing, it's on Time.
go and ask experts or redownload that new mp3 ... gosh ...

still, i love you for your Taiko-set Rikash <3

edit for Rikash : 1024x768
you were told ... often enough about the proper bg size xDD
TristanShi
Oops! sorry i forgot to star this map last mod = =

Here comes the background for the taiko diff.

TS@TBRT

See my signature for BG extraction reminders

File dimension: 1024x768

Topic Starter
marshallracer

TristanShi wrote:

Oops! sorry i forgot to star this map last mod = =

Here comes the background for the taiko diff.

TS@TBRT

See my signature for BG extraction reminders

File dimension: 1024x768
Oh thank you <3
edit : i see that this bg isn't compatible with the Taiko SB ... well, thanks anyway :3
edit 2 : ok, i see ... when done, i make a optional "SB Pack" in the description, but for now, i leave it as it is
Kei
Metroid *¬* Star!
TristanShi

marshall_racer wrote:

Oh thank you <3
edit : i see that this bg isn't compatible with the Taiko SB ... well, thanks anyway :3
edit 2 : ok, i see ... when done, i make a optional "SB Pack" in the description, but for now, i leave it as it is
Well, sorry that I didn't realized that the diff contains SB. :cry:

I have added the SB ver. BG in the previous post!

Please check it out! 8-)
Topic Starter
marshallracer

TristanShi wrote:

marshall_racer wrote:

Oh thank you <3
Well, sorry that I didn't realized that the diff contains SB. :cry:

I have added the SB ver. BG in the previous post!

Please check it out! 8-)
Thank you <3
Rikers

marshall_racer wrote:

goddamn, why is everyone pooting complaining about the timing, it's on Time.
go and ask experts or redownload that new mp3 ... gosh ...
I'm a timing expert kthnx.
TristanShi
No kds plz ._.
Enough kds = =
Please deny two of them = =
Mercurial
My mod is here.

Samus *-*

Easy

1.44.040 (3) Remove, I suggest this.

Hard

00.25.893 (2): New Combo

ArisuKarin's Insane

00.50.334 at 00.58.254: This part sounds really good <3

I don't mod Taiko xD

Great song for a great game <3

Black Star.-
Topic Starter
marshallracer

MercurialSpectre wrote:

My mod is here.

Samus *-*

Easy

1.44.040 (3) Remove, I suggest this.

Hard

00.25.893 (2): New Combo

ArisuKarin's Insane

00.50.334 at 00.58.254: This part sounds really good <3

I don't mod Taiko xD

Great song for a great game <3

Black Star.-
thanks, but it doesn't really help, sorry
but thanks for effort
BrokenArrow
Taiko diff mod by request

Rikki-Don's Dark Taiko

[General]

Ich liebe den Skin, aber könnte man den noch ein wenig verändern bzw. verbessern, sodass man besser sehen kann was don und was kat ist?

Stell die Schwierigkeit der AR, HP drain usw. auf 5 (ist standard)

Die Kia time ist in der Taiko diff an einer anderen Stelle als bei den Standard diffs...soll das so? Ansonsten vielleicht changen~

Zur Map:

Gefällt mir gut, vielleicht kann man den Teil von 00:10:552 - 00:11:990 anders mappen bzw. die Big Dons entfernen, finde nicht das die an der Stelle passen..

00:35:242 (162) - kat?
00:48:786 (239,240) - kd anstatt dk?
02:08:730 (273) - kat?

Ansonsten, gute Arbeit, haste'n stern :D
OzzyOzrock
[Easy]
Blah blah too boxy, don't do that.

SERIOUSLY
[Hard]
You add too many circles with no sliders to flow often enough.

SERIOUSLY.
[Insane]
Also Boxy and whatnot but it's ok

Just eheheheh and stuff
You need a slider like this

But this one sucks

GRRRRR WHY AGAIN YOU
lolcubes
Hey there, answering your request. \:D

[General]:
  1. Skin: Certain elements are too big compared to the template skin size (which is kinda the maximum of allowed dimensions). I guess some small difference over the maximum is still kinda allowed if it's reasonable, but double size certainly isn't.
    click to see which ones
    followpoint.png is 64x64 while template skin has 32x32. You should resize this.
    score-0.png
    score-1.png
    score-2.png
    score-3.png
    score-4.png
    score-5.png
    score-6.png
    score-7.png
    score-8.png
    score-9.png All these are 55x46. The biggest element in template skin is 45x60 in this set, so it would be best if you could resize them a little. Also check how they look in game, it's like there is a very tiny border at each side of a number. Not too critical I think, but if you could resize them, would be great.
  2. Diffs have different preview times: 4512 @Insane, 4514 @Easy, 4514 @Hard, 4563 @Taiko. Would be great if you could make them all the same.
  3. All of your diffs are using 1.4 SV. I guess that's fine and it works, but I just can't figure out why would you want such velocity throughout the whole mapset heh.
  4. Inconsistent kiai times throughout the diffs. I suppose guest diffs (and taiko) are allowed to have different kiai times, but your own ones must have them the same. First kiai in easy is slightly longer than the kiai in hard. You should make them the same.
[ArisuKarin's Insane]:
  1. Slightly overmapped, would be great if you could think of something interesting instead of those random triplets you see on occasion (00:08:394 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) for example, they don't really follow the music, not the notes 2,5 and 8).
  2. 00:14:986 (2) - I strongly suggest to remove this note, it's the only note which makes this stream look like overmapped stuff. Doing so, the stream would cover the background music perfectly. I won't point out which notes to remove anymore, unless it's a complete stream we're talking about, people usually dislike that. ;x;
  3. 00:58:015 (7) - I wonder why you chose to place a finish here instead of at 00:58:254 (8). To me, it sounds better having it on 8 instead.
  4. 00:58:254 - Drag this break a little forward so it's like at this picture. This way you wouldn't get that fast pass/fail circle/cross and would feel better (atleast to me).
  5. 01:15:034 - This had me wondering a little, why is there no note. I suggest you place a note here and at 01:15:274. This would make it more interesting.
  6. 01:43:081 (1) - Don't think you need this new combo for anything. It doesn't really follow the music either.
[Hard]:
  1. 00:45:310 (2) - Remove finish at the end, it doesn't sound good and for people who play in the rhythm is kinda distracting.
  2. 00:57:775 (1) - Maybe extend this slider all the way to 00:58:254 so it has 5 repeats? It would fit the music much better. You can start the spinner right after it as well without losing anything significant.
  3. 01:08:802 (4) - I don't understand how you came up with your hitsounds patterns, but I would say a whistle here sounds good, better than without it atleast.
  4. 01:25:102 (2,3) - I understand you wanted variety cause such a song is dull, but I found this confusing. If possible think of something else, I don't like how they end on blue ticks.
  5. 01:27:020 (1,2) - ^
  6. 02:01:539 (1) - Hmm, try normal finish here instead? Soft kinda feels weak after such a buildup.
[Easy]:
  1. 01:51:950 (3) - New combo? Just so it's more consistent with the combos in this area.
  2. 01:53:868 (5) - ^
  3. 01:57:703 (1) - This slider comes too soon after a spinner for an easy difficulty. To make things worse, it doesn't start near the middle of the screen. I suggest you remove the spinner before this and think of something else. ;x;
  4. 02:01:539 (1) - Just like in hard, try normal finish here instead?
[Rikki-Don's Dark Taiko]:
  1. Nothing major, but the custom Don guy is covering the letter "D" in the background. Kinda looks weird. Up to you if you fix this, doubt anyone will care much.
I suppose that's it. Have you considered making a normal? Or atleast convert your easy into normal but still keeping it under 3 stars? I am usually against easy-hard-insane mapsets, they seem like you made easy so it follows the ranking guidelines for the map to be rankable instead of having a nice difficulty spread. Hard was just as hard as Insane though, probably has to do something with the save SV hehe.

Well the mapset looked solid, I didn't agree on some stuff but that's just me I guess.
Solid maps, and good luck! The skin was really great @taiko btw.
Topic Starter
marshallracer

lolcubes wrote:

Hey there, answering your request. \:D

[General]:
  1. Skin: Certain elements are too big compared to the template skin size (which is kinda the maximum of allowed dimensions). I guess some small difference over the maximum is still kinda allowed if it's reasonable, but double size certainly isn't.
    click to see which ones
    followpoint.png is 64x64 while template skin has 32x32. You should resize this.
    score-0.png
    score-1.png
    score-2.png
    score-3.png
    score-4.png
    score-5.png
    score-6.png
    score-7.png
    score-8.png
    score-9.png All these are 55x46. The biggest element in template skin is 45x60 in this set, so it would be best if you could resize them a little. Also check how they look in game, it's like there is a very tiny border at each side of a number. Not too critical I think, but if you could resize them, would be great.
    removed scorenumbers, resized followpoint
  2. Diffs have different preview times: 4512 @Insane, 4514 @Easy, 4514 @Hard, 4563 @Taiko. Would be great if you could make them all the same. gave them all a new pt
  3. All of your diffs are using 1.4 SV. I guess that's fine and it works, but I just can't figure out why would you want such velocity throughout the whole mapset heh. it was my first map and i was new to mapping, i didn't even know that SV is that important ;_;
  4. Inconsistent kiai times throughout the diffs. I suppose guest diffs (and taiko) are allowed to have different kiai times, but your own ones must have them the same. First kiai in easy is slightly longer than the kiai in hard. You should make them the same.
fixed

[ArisuKarin's Insane]:
  1. Slightly overmapped, would be great if you could think of something interesting instead of those random triplets you see on occasion (00:08:394 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) for example, they don't really follow the music, not the notes 2,5 and 8).
  2. 00:14:986 (2) - I strongly suggest to remove this note, it's the only note which makes this stream look like overmapped stuff. Doing so, the stream would cover the background music perfectly. I won't point out which notes to remove anymore, unless it's a complete stream we're talking about, people usually dislike that. ;x; wow, good idea
  3. 00:58:015 (7) - I wonder why you chose to place a finish here instead of at 00:58:254 (8). To me, it sounds better having it on 8 instead. fixed
  4. 00:58:254 - Drag this break a little forward so it's like at this picture. This way you wouldn't get that fast pass/fail circle/cross and would feel better (atleast to me). done
  5. 01:15:034 - This had me wondering a little, why is there no note. I suggest you place a note here and at 01:15:274. This would make it more interesting. done
  6. 01:43:081 (1) - Don't think you need this new combo for anything. It doesn't really follow the music either.
you're right, fixed

[Hard]:
  1. 00:45:310 (2) - Remove finish at the end, it doesn't sound good and for people who play in the rhythm is kinda distracting. fixed
  2. 00:57:775 (1) - Maybe extend this slider all the way to 00:58:254 so it has 5 repeats? It would fit the music much better. You can start the spinner right after it as well without losing anything significant. sounds good
  3. 01:08:802 (4) - I don't understand how you came up with your hitsounds patterns me neither, but I would say a whistle here sounds good, better than without it atleast. forgot to hitsound that, fixed
  4. 01:25:102 (2,3) - I understand you wanted variety cause such a song is dull, but I found this confusing. If possible think of something else, I don't like how they end on blue ticks. well, i personally like it
  5. 01:27:020 (1,2) - ^ ^
  6. 02:01:539 (1) - Hmm, try normal finish here instead? Soft kinda feels weak after such a buildup.
sounds pretty good

[Easy]:
  1. 01:51:950 (3) - New combo? Just so it's more consistent with the combos in this area. yeah, makes sense
  2. 01:53:868 (5) - ^ ^
  3. 01:57:703 (1) - This slider comes too soon after a spinner for an easy difficulty. To make things worse, it doesn't start near the middle of the screen. I suggest you remove the spinner before this and think of something else. ;x; replaced the spinner with something different
  4. 02:01:539 (1) - Just like in hard, try normal finish here instead?
yup

[Rikki-Don's Dark Taiko]:
  1. Nothing major, but the custom Don guy is covering the letter "D" in the background. Kinda looks weird. Up to you if you fix this, doubt anyone will care much.
i heard people don't like it much anyway, but i keep it like that

I suppose that's it. Have you considered making a normal? Or atleast convert your easy into normal but still keeping it under 3 stars? I am usually against easy-hard-insane mapsets, they seem like you made easy so it follows the ranking guidelines for the map to be rankable instead of having a nice difficulty spread. Hard was just as hard as Insane though, probably has to do something with the save SV hehe.

Well the mapset looked solid, I didn't agree on some stuff but that's just me I guess. nope, it's not only you ;P
Solid maps, and good luck! Thanks The skin was really great @taiko btw. Rikers will be happy
Thanks cubes :3
Vortex_old
Hey marshall_racer

You can do it, if you want
Things you should do
Things you must do

EASY
00:18:462 (2,3,4) Slider instead of circles?
01:45:718 (3) I think this should also end with a hitsound.

At all, difficulty Easy is very good :) nothing more to say.

NORMAL+
00:45:310 (2) Slider is to long --> makes boring.
00:55:378 (1) Remove new combo and add new combo here: 00:56:097 (4).
01:04:487 (6) This slider doesn't look very nice :P Take care of the similarity of the Lines ;).

This map is also very nice :) keep workin'!

INSANE (Guest Diff)
00:19:900 (1) Make this slider more symmetrical.
01:14:555 - 01:15:274 (4,5,6) Make a distance between (4) and (5,6) --> should be a little jumper.
01:36:608 - 01:37:807 (5,6,7) Much of the same patterns = unnecessary and boring I think. Make some other patterns here.

Overall, you can make your map harder without thinking alot about, because now its to easy for an Insane map I think :P
Example: You can put your slider velocity higher or something like this :).

Keep workin'

Kind regards
Vortex / ZantoLP
Topic Starter
marshallracer

Vortex wrote:

Hey marshall_racer

You can do it, if you want
Things you should do
Things you must do

EASY
00:18:462 (2,3,4) Slider instead of circles? no
01:45:718 (3) I think this should also end with a hitsound. uhhm ... it ends with a clap

At all, difficulty Easy is very good :) nothing more to say.

NORMAL+
00:45:310 (2) Slider is to long --> makes boring.nah, i'll keep it
00:55:378 (1) Remove new combo and add new combo here: 00:56:097 (4). yessir
01:04:487 (6) This slider doesn't look very nice :P Take care of the similarity of the Lines ;). i'll keep it

This map is also very nice :) keep workin'!

INSANE (Guest Diff)
00:19:900 (1) Make this slider more symmetrical. made it as symmetrical as possible now
01:14:555 - 01:15:274 (4,5,6) Make a distance between (4) and (5,6) --> should be a little jumper. nah
01:36:608 - 01:37:807 (5,6,7) Much of the same patterns = unnecessary and boring I think. Make some other patterns here. it was intended to be so :\

Overall, you can make your map harder without thinking alot about, because now its to easy for an Insane map I think :P
Example: You can put your slider velocity higher or something like this :).

Keep workin'

Kind regards
Vortex / ZantoLP
thx
CXu
Kinda bad irc-modding GO!
SPOILER
19:30 <CXu> : insane isn't really insane
19:30 <CXu> : =w=
19:30 <marshall_racer> : sheesh
19:30 <CXu> : also you had some cool rhythms/hitsounds in Normal
19:30 <marshall_racer> : i hear that often
19:30 <marshall_racer> : :D
19:30 <CXu> : butbut that sliderslowdown part was kinda weird D:
19:30 <marshall_racer> : err
19:31 <marshall_racer> : heh ^^
19:31 <marshall_racer> : erm
19:31 <marshall_racer> : would you mind modding it?
19:31 <CXu> : sure
19:31 <CXu> : :p
19:31 <marshall_racer> : yay :D
19:31 <CXu> : will be kinda lazy/halfass modding tho
19:31 <CXu> : just looking through pointing out stuff I notice
19:31 <CXu> : xD
19:31 <marshall_racer> : no problem :3
19:33 <CXu> : 01:25:102 (5) - idk newcombo?
19:33 <CXu> : in easy
19:33 <CXu> : 01:44:279 (3) - ^
19:34 <marshall_racer> : 1:25 sounds good for nc
19:34 <marshall_racer> : nc before spinner?
19:34 <CXu> : 01:46:197 (1,1) - Might be a bit close in time for recovery in a spinner, and the spinner is kinda short too.... I
19:34 <CXu> : think.. I didnt really check
19:34 <CXu> : that other nc is to be consistent
19:35 <marshall_racer> : oh, right
19:36 <marshall_racer> : well, it is hard to find there somthing, which fits
19:36 <marshall_racer> : though i could just remove the spinner
19:37 <CXu> : 01:48:115 (1,2,1,2) - just random suggestion. feel free to ignore... 01:48:115 (1) - clap on this
19:37 <CXu> : sliderend,01:49:553 (2) - whistle here, 01:50:032 (1) - clap on sliderend, 01:51:471 (2) - finish
19:38 <CXu> : well idk if you like that kind of hitsounds, then you could use that type of hitsound in similar patterns
19:38 <marshall_racer> : sounds pretty interesting
19:39 <CXu> : Normal: 00:06:477 (1) - These sliders feel so sloooow compared to the spacing used =w= No idea what you
19:39 <CXu> : could do tho, just throwing out my opinion at random here xd
19:39 <marshall_racer> : though the finish confuses me
19:40 <CXu> : 00:42:913 (1) - sliderspeedchange =w= I know it's Normal+, but this part, with spacing and all feels a bit hard
19:40 <CXu> : =w=
19:41 <marshall_racer> : i was already thinking of making something like a SB warning or something
19:42 <CXu> : 00:57:296 - might want to move this inherited section to the blue tick after so to not make the (6) in soft? or if
19:42 <CXu> : you wanted that, then fine =w=
19:42 <CXu> : you could consider adding a finish on that (6) btw
19:42 <CXu> : 00:57:775 (1) - try add clap on all repeats and stuff except the last one, where yuo can add a finish if you wanna
19:43 <CXu> : 01:04:487 (6) - weird sliderspeed change. You might as well change the speed at 01:02:569 - instead?
19:44 <CXu> : 01:19:349 (1,2,3,4) - kinda weird with them normalhitsounds here =w=
19:45 <CXu> : 01:21:267 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I would try with smaller spacing here. this is kinda hard to read imo =w=
19:45 <CXu> : oh tell me if I'm going too fast btw, just throwing out stuff as I go xD
19:45 <marshall_racer> : nah, it's ok
19:45 <CXu> : 01:24:982 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - rhythm <3
19:45 <marshall_racer> : :D
19:46 <marshall_racer> : oh
19:46 <marshall_racer> : i just saw there was a unsnapped inheriting section
19:46 <CXu> : last kiai seems a bit lacking in power compared to the faster section before
19:46 <CXu> : nothing wrong there though
19:46 <marshall_racer> : i just have a bad feeling there are more of them
19:46 <CXu> : also brb need to go out for a bit xD
19:46 <marshall_racer> : k
19:49 <CXu> : back
19:49 <CXu> : insane
19:50 <CXu> : 00:04:559 (1) - 1grid lvl3 left \:D/
19:50 <marshall_racer> : ok
19:51 <CXu> : 00:08:394 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - these three triples have inconsistent spacing compared to each other? consider
19:51 <CXu> : fixing this unless it was intentional
19:51 <CXu> : 00:10:072 - add note?
19:51 <CXu> : you can stack that beneath (1) for example
19:52 <CXu> : 00:19:900 (1,2) - close spacing, but it's kinda fine anyway in this case, just pointing out ;)
19:53 <CXu> : 00:31:407 (1,2,3,4) - hitsounds D:
19:55 <CXu> : 00:39:077 (1) - this part here kinda fits better like this: http://puu.sh/4Hnb
19:56 <CXu> : 00:54:779 (2) - add clap on sliderstart
19:57 <CXu> : 01:36:608 (5) - nc
19:58 <CXu> : 01:38:526 (5) - finish?
19:58 <CXu> : 01:42:601 (1) - nc?
19:58 <CXu> : 01:48:594 (3,4) - semi-weird spacing
19:59 <CXu> : aaaand that's all kinda
19:59 <CXu> : xD
19:59 <CXu> : if you want anything clarified, poke me ;3
Behon
Easy:
- 00:50:104 (1): Try changing the clap to a finish.
- 01:46:197 (2): Maybe add a whistle to the whole thing to go along with the held note in the song?

Normal+:
- You might want to have less note overlap on non-Hard/Insane difficulties. It can get disorienting.

Insane:
- 01:07:843 (6): Make this a new combo instead of 01:08:083.
Topic Starter
marshallracer

Behonkiss wrote:

Easy:
- 00:50:104 (1): Try changing the clap to a finish. done
- 01:46:197 (2): Maybe add a whistle to the whole thing to go along with the held note in the song? done

Normal+:
- You might want to have less note overlap on non-Hard/Insane difficulties. It can get disorienting. fixed

Insane:
- 01:07:843 (6): Make this a new combo instead of 01:08:083. done
MoonShade
Easy
00:16:065 (1) - use 2 waypoints to make this slider more beautiful
00:19:900 (1) - ^
00:23:736 (1) - ^ (this slider may be ok though)
00:27:571 (5) - e.g. 00:29:010 (6,1,2) - 00:42:913 (1) and 00:45:310 (1) - overlapping
01:25:102 (1) - make it more beautiful

Normal+
- Better than easy, but looks like a hard for me
- Standard spacing 1,30 doesn't feel good, I would suggest that you should try 0,8-1,0 next time
- Too many/hard jumps for a Normal+ in my opinion
00:23:736 (1) - use 2 waypoints to make this slider more beautiful
00:42:913 (1) - bake it more beautiful
00:44:111 (1,2) - 1 grid right
00:45:310 (2) - what about this? 00:56:097 (1) - should be in a vertical line to 00:55:618 (5)
00:56:816 (4,5) - should be on the same spot as 00:55:378 (4,5)
00:57:296 (6) - 01:40:444 (1) - make it more beautiful
01:42:362 (1) - use more waypoints here to make it rounder

Insane
00:29:010 (7,8) - 1 grid left?
00:29:489 (1,2) - little overlapping on the top of the circle doesn't look so good
00:34:763 (2) - ^
00:37:160 (1,2) - spacing (look at your pattern at 00:35:242 (1,2,3,4,5))
00:37:639 (3) - 1 grid right
00:37:879 (4,5) - spacing
00:39:077 (1,2,3) - I don't think this is a very good idea, maybe you should try something different here
01:03:768 (4,5) - little overlapping
01:04:966 (1,3) - overlapping

Nice taiko skin ^^
Topic Starter
marshallracer

MoonShade wrote:

Easy
00:16:065 (1) - use 2 waypoints to make this slider more beautiful noes
00:19:900 (1) - ^ noes
00:23:736 (1) - ^ (this slider may be ok though) ok is ok
00:27:571 (5) - e.g. nah
00:29:010 (6,1,2) - ok
00:42:913 (1) and 00:45:310 (1) - overlapping fixed
01:25:102 (1) - make it more beautiful ok

Normal+
- Better than easy, but looks like a hard for me forget it :<
- Standard spacing 1,30 doesn't feel good, I would suggest that you should try 0,8-1,0 next time hmm ...
- Too many/hard jumps for a Normal+ in my opinion heh
00:23:736 (1) - use 2 waypoints to make this slider more beautiful noes
00:42:913 (1) - bake it more beautiful i won't bake anything >_>
00:44:111 (1,2) - 1 grid right yessir
00:45:310 (2) - what about this? nah
00:56:097 (1) - should be in a vertical line to 00:55:618 (5) ok
00:56:816 (4,5) - should be on the same spot as 00:55:378 (4,5) ok
00:57:296 (6) - ok
01:40:444 (1) - make it more beautiful no
01:42:362 (1) - use more waypoints here to make it rounder no

Insane
00:29:010 (7,8) - 1 grid left? ok
00:29:489 (1,2) - little overlapping on the top of the circle doesn't look so good fixed
00:34:763 (2) - ^ fixed
00:37:160 (1,2) - spacing (look at your pattern at 00:35:242 (1,2,3,4,5)) ok
00:37:639 (3) - 1 grid right
00:37:879 (4,5) - spacing
00:39:077 (1,2,3) - I don't think this is a very good idea, maybe you should try something different here nope
01:03:768 (4,5) - little overlapping fixed
01:04:966 (1,3) - overlapping obvious, duh

Nice taiko skin ^^
theMikeAG
Oooh, Dark Samus. Very Scary. :D

~General~
Isn't this song technically called "Darkness"? Eh, change it if you want, it is still Dark Samus' battle theme. If you're going to change it, be sure to consult this guide to avoid duplication. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24443

Your Offset is wrong. Change it to 675 and Snap objects to new timing.

Most of this song follows a 1-1-123 pattern. Sadly, none of the difficulties (even the guest difficulty) take advantage of this rhythm. You'll want to incorporate this rhythm into the song, or the beatmap won't fit nearly as well.

Finally, the Score Numbers you're using aren't very good. They're too big and pretty ugly, so I'd remove them from the skin and full submit.

~Easy~
Meh, easy is easy.

~Normal+~
00:05:948 (7,8) - Overlap is kind of bad.
00:13:908 (5,7) - Remove these notes (trust me, this follows the rhythm of the song).
00:15:297 (x) - Add a note here.
00:16:016 (1) - Get rid of repeat and place notes at 00:17:215 and 00:17:454.
(I'll assume you know how to fix things from here. Follow the 1-1-123 pattern during the correct parts and this map will rock)
00:42:864 (1) - This slider needs fixing once you change the offset.
01:02:520 (1,2,3) - This part doesn't fit the song at all. :P
01:40:395 (1) - OW MY EARS. Please remove the slider whistles. OW. Also, this slider needs fixing too.

And that's my mod. Have a good day. ;)
Topic Starter
marshallracer

theMikeAG wrote:

Oooh, Dark Samus. Very Scary. :D

~General~
Isn't this song technically called "Darkness"? Eh, change it if you want, it is still Dark Samus' battle theme. If you're going to change it, be sure to consult this guide to avoid duplication. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24443

Your Offset is wrong. Change it to 675 and Snap objects to new timing. sounds kinda early imo, but k

Most of this song follows a 1-1-123 pattern. Sadly, none of the difficulties (even the guest difficulty) take advantage of this rhythm. You'll want to incorporate this rhythm into the song, or the beatmap won't fit nearly as well. sorry D:

Finally, the Score Numbers you're using aren't very good. They're too big and pretty ugly, so I'd remove them from the skin and full submit. they're not even in the folder D:

~Easy~
Meh, easy is easy.

~Normal+~
00:05:948 (7,8) - Overlap is kind of bad. yeah
00:13:908 (5,7) - Remove these notes (trust me, this follows the rhythm of the song). ok
00:15:297 (x) - Add a note here. ok
00:16:016 (1) - Get rid of repeat and place notes at 00:17:215 and 00:17:454. no
(I'll assume you know how to fix things from here. Follow the 1-1-123 pattern during the correct parts and this map will rock)
00:42:864 (1) - This slider needs fixing once you change the offset. fixed
01:02:520 (1,2,3) - This part doesn't fit the song at all. :P maybe, but i'll leave it
01:40:395 (1) - OW MY EARS. Please remove the slider whistles. OW. Also, this slider needs fixing too. nope and fixed

And that's my mod. Have a good day. ;)
thanks
Axey
hii mod time
just suggestions

[Easy]
01:19:349(1)-add one note?
01:46:179(2)-add whis on whole silder
01:57:073(1,1)-add whis on whole silders ;
01:59:621(1)-remove new combo

[Normal+]
00:13:140(2)-one grid down

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
01:15:993(1)-add whis
01:25:941(4,5)-remove whis on (4) , add whis on silder (5) 's head ; the same with others
Topic Starter
marshallracer

BakaHuang wrote:

hii mod time
just suggestions

[Easy]
01:19:349(1)-add one note?
01:46:179(2)-add whis on whole silder
01:57:073(1,1)-add whis on whole silders ;
01:59:621(1)-remove new combo

[Normal+]
00:13:140(2)-one grid down

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
01:15:993(1)-add whis
01:25:941(4,5)-remove whis on (4) , add whis on silder (5) 's head ; the same with others
gotta get back to this when i get my new hard drive

but thanks :3
theMikeAG
Just to bring this to your attention, the offset in Taiko hasn't been fixed yet. Don't forget to snap to new timing!

No Kudosu for what amounts to an fyi.

SPOILER
This message is too short.
Topic Starter
marshallracer

BakaHuang wrote:

hii mod time
just suggestions

[Easy]
01:19:349(1)-add one note? no
01:46:179(2)-add whis on whole silder is already there
01:57:073(1,1)-add whis on whole silders ; ok
01:59:621(1)-remove new combo no

[Normal+]
00:13:140(2)-one grid down no

[ArisuKarin's Insane]
01:15:993(1)-add whis no
01:25:941(4,5)-remove whis on (4) , add whis on silder (5) 's head ; the same with others no
show more