1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
posted
Like many I have some wrist pain soreness stiffness etc from tablet, and also in my fingers a little bit too, more specifically in my pinky. Only on my tablet hand. I was wondering, I have wrist wraps that boxers use to keep their hands and wrists safe when boxing, and I was wondering if I used that if it could help with my wrist...? It's purpose is to basically hold your wrist in a certain position to avoid injury, and I think I might have seen other players doing similar things too. Feedback?
posted
That may cause even more strain, as more resistance would be added to your mobility.
I might try using a slightly smaller area instead, and/or experimenting with different grips.
posted
posted
i tried using a sweatband a while ago but for me it didnt help.
posted
Play with socks on it helps a lot.
posted

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Play with socks on it helps a lot.
Uh explain more what you mean lol
posted

awedgoo wrote:

That may cause even more strain, as more resistance would be added to your mobility.
I might try using a slightly smaller area instead, and/or experimenting with different grips.
What are some other good grips you know of?
posted
Improve your posture and you won't be at risk of wrist damage anymore. As easy as that. Better to adjust now than later after you've already damaged your wrist permanently.
posted

Mjenk5150 wrote:

What are some other good grips you know of?
I'm sure you'll find something here:
t/95481&start=0
Some of these grips provide more stability and less mobility, while others give more range of motion but less stability.
You might need to change your area depending on the grip you're experimenting with.
posted

awedgoo wrote:

Mjenk5150 wrote:

What are some other good grips you know of?
I'm sure you'll find something here:
t/95481&start=0
Some of these grips provide more stability and less mobility, while others give more range of motion but less stability.
You might need to change your area depending on the grip you're experimenting with.
Alright I'll check out some of those grips. Also I couldn't agree more with what you have in your user page, about "perfect practice makes perfect" I wish people could understand that haha
posted

awedgoo wrote:

Mjenk5150 wrote:

What are some other good grips you know of?
I'm sure you'll find something here:
t/95481&start=0
Some of these grips provide more stability and less mobility, while others give more range of motion but less stability.
You might need to change your area depending on the grip you're experimenting with.
I never knew such a wide array of grip styles were being employed. I just hold mine the exact same way as holding a pencil and thought others do too lol.
posted

chainpullz wrote:

Improve your posture and you won't be at risk of wrist damage anymore. As easy as that. Better to adjust now than later after you've already damaged your wrist permanently.
Pretty much this right here; I used to have problems with my grip hurting my hand as I played for lengthy periods of time, but I came to understand this was a unique grip style I developed that maximized my performance. You see, I have a standard grip that I can use for extended periods of play 4 hrs or more in a day, and then I have what I call my "sharigan" grip which allows me to achieve a perfect balance between stability and mobility but I can only do it for so long; if I use the grip for a while, then I'll begin to feel it take its toll on my body - in the worst case scenario, I might lose my hand entirely if I overextend too much...
posted

Snow901 wrote:

I never knew such a wide array of grip styles were being employed. I just hold mine the exact same way as holding a pencil and thought others do too lol.
Whats best for writing isn't necessarily whats best for osu!
Some of the best players hold their pens in really weird ways lol.
Please sign in to reply.