Topic Starter
Arphimigon
<3 yas you are! <3
Vivyanne
you got my record spinning

its time to let up and go

Topic Starter
Arphimigon
Ok lets not turn this thread into a meme, not for this.
WORSTPOLACKEU
Professional

I think no matter what you do the streams are not gonna play properly, they are too linear in correlation to the rest of the map.

01:41:733 (1) - Spots like this, you could make sliders there instead with the big sounds coming up and make it flow much better than with circles only in a stream like that. Like you did here 00:51:411 (9,10) -
01:41:250 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This also plays horrible with this flow 01:41:008 (2,3,4) -

Here 00:55:282 (1) - you shouldn't keep going that way, just put sliders, it doesn't play well especially considering you are going in so many angles and you make a square 00:55:765 (5,6,7,8) - after which is really hard to play after all that and the flow is just weird.

01:02:056 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - If you are going with vocals you have a vocal here 01:03:387 - 02:36:290 -

01:45:241 (6,7,8) -

02:22:862 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This doesn't play well at all, too many switches between linear and circular there, it's just not good, I suggest you stick to one or switch with GOOD FLOW to the other in a strong section. Also feels weird leaving 02:22:862 (7,8,9,10) - out not completing the previous pattern with that sound.

02:27:701 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Too linear, I miss sliders there.

Generally, I think you need to work more on the Linear/Circular thing, you switch a lot and it makes it play uncomfortable, I understand the idea behind it but the execution is kinda awkward at points and doesn't play well, even if you put AR10 it will still be weird, the circle only sections feel like a totally different map cut out and pasted in here, has no relation to the other parts.
Topic Starter
Arphimigon

WORSTPOLACKEU wrote:

Professional

I think no matter what you do the streams are not gonna play properly, they are too linear in correlation to the rest of the map.
I think you need to redefine your definition of "properly" because "easy = good" is bad attitude, and otherwise the change in type of movement makes the streams more of a challenge like they are meant to be. Explain your "properly". Oh wait, you just dislike linear sections? Not a good enough excuse. Is not like these vocals deserve snaps.

01:41:733 (1) - Spots like this, you could make sliders there instead with the big sounds coming up and make it flow much better than with circles only in a stream like that. Like you did here 00:51:411 (9,10) - There is a tap for every vocal, so it would be completely wrong to add sliders there, the sliders come up at 01:45:604 (1,2) - for reference here
01:41:250 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This also plays horrible with this flow 01:41:008 (2,3,4) - "Plays horrible" means nothing, literally nothing, and I won't change anything for a "plays horrible" arguement.

Here 00:55:282 (1) - you shouldn't keep going that way, just put sliders
see earlier point: there is a tap for every vocal, bar the long 1/1 sliders, so no
it doesn't play well especially considering you are going in so many angles and you make a square 00:55:765 (5,6,7,8) -
01:41:250 (3,4,5,6) - kiai 2 had a square, 02:23:346 (1,2,3,4) - kiai 3 had a square, they all have at least one. Anyway, you're saying that having a square is weird flow? 90 degrees is weird? Explain yourself here, is it too snappy -> linear or vice versa? You can play squares pretty smoothly by doing a circular motion on them (which would've been much easier if people didn't say "omg ar8.5 too low I cant read" but it's still possible and works in all the cases where squares are, and if you snap them then hitting the other shapes shouldn't be too hard to snap either
after which is really hard to play after all that and the flow is just weird.

01:02:056 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - If you are going with vocals you have a vocal here 01:03:387 - 02:36:290 - There are no "hittable" sounds here, maybe slider ends, but nothing actually hitable in the slightest in comparison to the other vocals in the entire map

01:45:241 (6,7,8) - Pls add smth here

02:22:862 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This doesn't play well at all, too many switches between linear and circular there, it's just not good, I suggest you stick to one or switch with GOOD FLOW to the other in a strong section. Also feels weird leaving 02:22:862 (7,8,9,10) - out not completing the previous pattern with that sound. Whenever I have put those vocals + that same instrumentation together, I have stuck with 5 notes, see: 00:57:701 (7,8,9,10,1) - 01:44:153 (7,8,9,10,1) - 02:30:604 (7,8,9,10,1) -
You ruined your entire arguement with the words "GOOD FLOW", simply put, if you want entirely linear or circular, say so, don't make the points seem seperate o/. But if you mean that as your definition of good flow, then I could argue back and my definition of good flow is something with proper global-to-local functionality on a pattern to grid basis, of which in this case a square placed in the upper corner is easy to play after linear due to it being in a nicer place to play as a curve.

02:27:701 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Too linear, I miss sliders there. Miss sliders? If you can't hit those sliders I'm surprised you can hit 3 notes of this map. But you highlighted the stream and the stream doesn't have the same angular play as the rest of the map, so I need to go ahead and remap that stream

Generally, I think you need to work more on the Linear/Circular thing, you switch a lot and it makes it play uncomfortable, I understand the idea behind it but the execution is kinda awkward at points and doesn't play well, even if you put AR10 it will still be weird, the circle only sections feel like a totally different map cut out and pasted in here, has no relation to the other parts.
"Doesn't play well" is something you'd only say if you haven't -practiced- and learnt these skills (I blame modern mapping) and these kinds of angular changes would be perfectly natural (if not enjoyable) if you took the time to practice the skill. If you haven't practised said skill, then maybe you can go learn how to play those kinds of skills better somewhere. As far as I know, you should be allowed to make something different if it's one thing in a map, to make it so that the players of the map need to actually have a said atypical skill in order to pass that map, therefore passing maps has an personal development addition in some form, getting people to be able to enjoy a wider range of things in the long run, and thus diversifying mapping in general. Having all things in a map be fine but have a theme of the map be different makes a map interesting and unique. Not my favourite, but an example of this is Miss You by HanzeR, where the map itself is generally fine to an extent, but it has a 1/4 jump theme that made the map unique and interesting to play for it's time, and because it followed general conventions of rhythm/spacing but had a general playability theme that was different, it was genuinely much more desirable to pass as you actually had the feeling of being able to do something new from the norm of maps.
tl;dr: Want another map the same as most other maps that gives you no actual progression into being able to play new things and get pissed off that you can't play the map because you haven't developed the skillset the mapset is trying to advance you on? Well then this map isn't for you, go play your PP maps <3
Yeen
Holy sh*t, reading how much effort you went into tearing that last mod'er apart, I'm afraid to post MY feedback here, but I'm a simple furry and want the furry gore strip club as a tag on a song I play.

So, without further hesitation, let's begin.

[Beginner]
No real complaints here. I fell asleep. ;)

[Novice]
Here we begin to see some super minor problems.

So, I noticed that you had some inconsistency when it came to exiting and entering breaks. You started on the downbeat once (the 4, of 4/4), then the vocals the second time. Choose one, I'd recommend the vocals since they start first and it's easier to enter from a break on [especially if you're playing on hidden].

Don't be That Guy who makes his map hard to read for us hardcore hidden players :p

Two more little point-outs. I'd remove the slider @ 00:19:233 and go to the brake early, but if you REALLY want to keep it, I'd also recommend removing the slider @ 01:05:685. It appears late into the beat-free zone and could hurt a new players with it's drain alone.

[Amateur]
This is the difficulty I could play most proficiently, and therefore have the most solid feedback

Right off the bat, I really think you should turn down the approach rate of the song by .5 so that things are easier to track. I know, I know, you might be thinking about that sick burn you wrote:

you want another map the same as most other maps that gives you no actual progression into being able to play new things and get pissed off that you can't play the map because you haven't developed the skillset the mapset is trying to advance you on. Well then this map isn't for you, go play your PP maps <3

But stay with me, would ya?

To add to that whole easier to track thing, I wanted to give some advice on that slider multiplier feature you used. Let me start by saying I think it's really great you abused the shit out of it. Not a lot of 'pending' maps have that sort of stuff, so kudos. With that preface, I urge you to reconsider your multiplier numbers. I get you were going for 'edginess' with that 1.5 multiplier on most of your chunks, but could I advise a slight reduction there? I played around with some numbers and concluded that you nailed the 'slower' chunks, should bring 1.5 down to 1.4 on the medium parts (as in, the music is kickin' but the women is not singing) and keep your 1.5 on the full swinging action that song dishes out (namely, when she's singing). Trust me, it works. :D

Another thing I noticed was beat placement. You abused that beat-snapper right in some places, but others I don't think it works. Two that I picked out are:

@ 01:37:379 , shorten the distance between the two slider and the three note.
@ 02:31:088 , shorten the distance between the 1 note and the 4 slider.

On a positive note, the way you abused the beat-snapper @ 01:49:540 with notes 4-7 was great. The natural lapses in beat throughout the song will give you lots of opportunity to make those cool jumps.

So more of the stuff at 01:49:540 (think pattern, and maybe refer to https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Star_Patterns and some of it's sub-sections) and less of the stuff I mentioned before. Sudden leaps at random are never a good idea.

[Experienced]
Your 4.48 star version looks wacked. Probably need to slow down those sliders and fix the approach rate, but what do I know... I'm just a 110k scrub

Didn't look at your professional map. My eyes wouldn't have been able to keep up probably with how much you like messing around with the slider multipliers and approach rates. ;)

PS: I just looked at your professional difficulty. It looks really good! Nice and tight.

Hope I could help,

~Zx

PS: Cool Pingu profile picture m8
Topic Starter
Arphimigon

zxoe wrote:

[Novice]
Here we begin to see some super minor problems.

So, I noticed that you had some inconsistency when it came to exiting and entering breaks. You started on the downbeat once (the 4, of 4/4), then the vocals the second time. Choose one, I'd recommend the vocals since they start first and it's easier to enter from a break on [especially if you're playing on hidden].
Well thing is here, 00:34:959 - this is a downbeat, 01:19:475 - this is a downbeat, and this 02:07:500 - is inexcusable and not a vocal, so in no point after a break is there a part that starts on a vocal >.<

Two more little point-outs. I'd remove the slider @ 00:19:233 and go to the brake early, but if you REALLY want to keep it, I'd also recommend removing the slider @ 01:05:685. It appears late into the beat-free zone and could hurt a new players with it's drain alone. Well, unluckily starting the breaks earlier on any of these places would be awkward with the two sounds that come later (the 1/2 slider), but drainwise, that's what lowering the drain is for, so long parts like that are fine. Also, I went ahead and did a test on exactly how much drain occurs at these points, see the image below. It's less than 10% of the health bar, barely noticable or worth changing anything for.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5881254

[Amateur]
This is the difficulty I could play most proficiently, and therefore have the most solid feedback
Yaaaaa but I'm no about making maps that you can play, but more like have to "learn to play" >.<

Right off the bat, I really think you should turn down the approach rate of the song by .5 so that things are easier to track. I know, I know, you might be thinking about that sick burn you wrote:

<sick burn condensed>

But stay with me, would ya?

To add to that whole easier to track thing, I wanted to give some advice on that slider multiplier feature you used. Let me start by saying I think it's really great you abused the shit out of it. Not a lot of 'pending' maps have that sort of stuff, so kudos. With that preface, I urge you to reconsider your multiplier numbers. I get you were going for 'edginess' with that 1.5 multiplier on most of your chunks, but could I advise a slight reduction there? I played around with some numbers and concluded that you nailed the 'slower' chunks, should bring 1.5 down to 1.4 on the medium parts (as in, the music is kickin' but the women is not singing) and keep your 1.5 on the full swinging action that song dishes out (namely, when she's singing). Trust me, it works. :D Maybe for you, not for me, either way you didn't tell me when the "music is kickin' but not singing" part is because there is a lot of that so I'm unable to pinpoint. Anyway I'm considering reducing velocities for non-kiai parts a bit, however reduced velocity AND rhythm AND spacing all together makes the kiai feel unnecessarily too much of a spike for me, so I'll have to think about it again

Another thing I noticed was beat placement. You abused that beat-snapper right in some places, but others I don't think it works. Two that I picked out are:

@ 01:37:379 , shorten the distance between the two slider and the three note.
@ 02:31:088 , shorten the distance between the 1 note and the 4 slider.

On a positive note, the way you abused the beat-snapper @ 01:49:540 with notes 4-7 was great. The natural lapses in beat throughout the song will give you lots of opportunity to make those cool jumps. There are only like, a few moments where you can add these jumps, 1/4 sliders will have to cut it also to add on to that point, there is nothing wrong with those sliders' spacing, explain your "right" so I can understand it >.<

[Experienced]
Your 4.48 star version looks wacked. Probably need to slow down those sliders and fix the approach rate, but what do I know... I'm just a 110k scrub And I'm a 9k who plays 2007~9 maps, doesn't judge my ability to give feedback! Anyway I want a slightly sub-normal AR mainly because of the fact that it helps for reading weird rhythms and moving the general flow type from snappy to non-snappy. Not sure about the slider speed tho, see no problem with it
Thnx m9
diraimur
small mod on hardest diff
00:54:072 (1) - you nc'd dis but you didnt nc 01:40:524 (8) - or 02:26:975 (8) -
00:55:282 (1) - 01:41:733 (1) - you nc'd dese but you didnt nc 02:28:185 (7) -
01:19:475 (1) - <3
01:29:153 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - <3
02:37:379 (4,5) - followpoints are visible between dese 2 sliders but not between other sliders ;-;
02:38:709 - u missing sound here maybe remove repeat from 02:38:346 (3) - and add a note at 02:38:709 - but u can keep the current one bcz the sound is barely audible and you can place the last note even further since there will be more time between them so ur choice.

ily great mep
Topic Starter
Arphimigon

diraimur wrote:

small mod on hardest diff
00:54:072 (1) - you nc'd dis but you didnt nc 01:40:524 (8) - or 02:26:975 (8) - moved NC to 00:54:314 -
00:55:282 (1) - 01:41:733 (1) - you nc'd dese but you didnt nc 02:28:185 (7) - fixu
01:19:475 (1) - <3 <3
01:29:153 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - <3 <3
02:37:379 (4,5) - followpoints are visible between dese 2 sliders but not between other sliders ;-; Fixu!
02:38:709 - u missing sound here maybe remove repeat from 02:38:346 (3) - and add a note at 02:38:709 - but u can keep the current one bcz the sound is barely audible and you can place the last note even further since there will be more time between them so ur choice. I map da FEELZ and FEELZ tell me NO ZOUND there xdddddddddddddddddddddd

ily great mep
Mazziv
how wahat asdos SO FAST SET APRHI SPEEDMAPPER
Topic Starter
Arphimigon
The actual mapping waz in like 3 dayz
[-obee58-]
ur MOM is a map (^:
strickluke
nice map, isnt cancer cs3
Topic Starter
Arphimigon
Fuck you my cs3.5 maps are cute
Okoratu
any instance where things are consistent should be changed if you decide to do stuff

[professional]
00:11:250 (7) - no idea if this lands on a 1/12 or maybe im not in my right mind
00:17:691 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - snapping seems completely unpredictable to me, would just prefer if you mapped this as 1/6 doubles
00:57:701 (7,8,9,10) - i think instead of following the weak background vocal, you should stick to what's more dominant imo. And that's the trumpet which is similar to 00:11:250 - , doing a similar slider like that would give people a fair time to prepare for the high-speed tapping and fit 00:56:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - better, i guess.
00:51:895 (11,12,13,14) - 00:59:637 (11,12,13,14) - linear movement for both (like the first timestamp) would be way more expectable, more consistent and more pleasant to play i think.
01:32:782 (8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - you didn't do that many triplets with this hitsounding in a row so far in this part, may consider deleting 01:33:387 (3) - to follow vocals or something
01:41:250 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - i think you got this the wrong way around, the square is the hardest part of the pattern, while the most intense thing would be expected at the end of it, again referring to something else: 00:54:798 (3,4,5,6) - is a ton easier in comparison :S. i think the square fits so well but not for the beginning but for the end of the pattern
01:51:895 (7) - :O you do what i suggested for the other pattern

tldr the squares play way better at the end of patterns i guess
wasn't this ar 8.5?
Topic Starter
Arphimigon
I didn't plan on updating this, but if I do then I'll respond to your moddu!
Okoratu
oh, sad, the basis of this extra is pretty cool ):
Topic Starter
Arphimigon

Okorin wrote:

any instance where things are consistent should be changed if you decide to do stuff

[professional]
00:11:250 (7) - no idea if this lands on a 1/12 or maybe im not in my right mind nah, no 1/12 here
00:17:691 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - snapping seems completely unpredictable to me, would just prefer if you mapped this as 1/6 doubles meh, I guess you're right here, it may not be 1/6 actually (weird) but ye for 100% speed 1/6 is better, last note had to be 1/4 though
00:57:701 (7,8,9,10) - i think instead of following the weak background vocal, you should stick to what's more dominant imo. And that's the trumpet which is similar to 00:11:250 - , doing a similar slider like that would give people a fair time to prepare for the high-speed tapping and fit 00:56:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - better, i guess. i'll need to think about this because I did have a big internal debate over which I wanted to emphasise, and Im still unsure
00:51:895 (11,12,13,14) - 00:59:637 (11,12,13,14) - linear movement for both (like the first timestamp) would be way more expectable, more consistent and more pleasant to play i think. hm, I find that to be pretty linear because I play it as one big circle, but I see your point, will likely change if I update
01:32:782 (8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - you didn't do that many triplets with this hitsounding in a row so far in this part, may consider deleting 01:33:387 (3) - to follow vocals or something I cant believe I'm saying this but "it feels off to me" fookin KILL me
01:41:250 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - i think you got this the wrong way around, the square is the hardest part of the pattern, while the most intense thing would be expected at the end of it, again referring to something else: 00:54:798 (3,4,5,6) - is a ton easier in comparison :S. i think the square fits so well but not for the beginning but for the end of the pattern I went ahead and removed the square and redid the pattern there competely xD edit: actually did a weird square okdad
01:51:895 (7) - :O you do what i suggested for the other pattern well thats because there is no vocal, but I still have doubts I would like to change it in the other case

tldr the squares play way better at the end of patterns i guess agri
wasn't this ar 8.5? It was, but people cant ar8.5, so I make it ar8!
Ok will update map
strickluke
change professional back to ar8.5

Topic Starter
Arphimigon
Learn to play how I want you to play, not beg for me to map how you want me to map.
xXRosalineXx

THE FIRST ONES 720P ITS AROUND 21 MB IF ITS TOO LARGE THE SECOND ONES 480P ITS LIKE 12 MB

http://puu.sh/rCCSE/752a3a54f4.mp4 Caravan720p

http://puu.sh/rCD7b/bee658528e.mp4 Caravan480p

ur probably not tho

Hope you put it in ^-^
Topic Starter
Arphimigon
Map is graveyarded, so can't do o/
xXRosalineXx

Arphimigon wrote:

Map is graveyarded, so can't do o/
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.