forum

Tablet config issue for Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Montoto
Hi there, i have a doubt about the configuration of my tablet. is a Genius i405x, the config menu is just like the osu tablet one as i know. The thing is that the menu have 3 main options:
1) 16:9
2)4:3
3) manual

With the first two options i didnt get any good results, and with the last one i cant get a config that feels confortable, do you know any guide that explains proportions to follow or something like that to congure it ?

Thanks and sorry for my english that isnt to good

*Edit: Here i made an screenshot that shows the driver menu
https://gyazo.com/bfb73b6c7a2d7a842dce0aa4213c1507
Sayorie
Any screenshots so we can understand better?
Topic Starter
Montoto

Arthraxium wrote:

Any screenshots so we can understand better?
I just uploaded a screenshot, its a manual config that i dont know how to calculate
Sayorie
Wacom interface has a 'force proportions' option, but I'm not sure if it's the same with that 'auto adjust'.
You might want to keep the same resolution ratio with your screen resolution; e.g. if you are using 16:9 screen, use 16:9 area. Then just proceed to resize the area to your preference.
The trick here is to experiment again and again to find your fitting.
TakuMii
I have a Genius tablet too, and frankly, the built-in config settings are garbage. I ended up creating an Excel spreadsheet that would calculate my tablet area coordinates for me while keeping proper proportions:

(it compares my area to popular tablets too!)

It's a bit messy, so I don't really want to release the spreadsheet publicly just yet, but I'd be perfectly fine calculating coordinates for you. Just give me your tablet's full area coordinates, your screen resolution, and how wide you want your area to be (or if you want to use a 1:1 scaling factor like I did, in which case I'll just find whatever size is closest).
Topic Starter
Montoto

YayMii wrote:

It's a bit messy, so I don't really want to release the spreadsheet publicly just yet, but I'd be perfectly fine calculating coordinates for you. Just give me your tablet's full area coordinates, your screen resolution, and how wide you want your area to be (or if you want to use a 1:1 scaling factor like I did, in which case I'll just find whatever size is closest).
From the begining thanks a lot for caring.

My tablet has an 4 x 5,5 inches as full area, my tv and osu resolution is 1366x768 but im kind of lost on the wide of the area, i think that the half of the full area should not be a bad choice so (like 2x2,75). i shoud be able to calculate the difference if i got wrong on the area wide.

Anyway, thank you a lot and let my know if you ever make the public release of the spreadsheet
TakuMii
Oh, I meant full area coordinates as in these:

Set your tablet to full area, and tell me what those numbers are. Everything else shouldn't be too hard to find with a quick Google search :P
(also, do you want the active area right in the middle, or on one of the sides?)

And no problem! It's not too time-consuming for me to just punch in some numbers and provide some numbers for you to use. I'd probably have to completely redo the spreadsheet though; I've learned a lot of useful stuff about Excel since I made this, so I want to put that knowledge to good use :?
Topic Starter
Montoto

YayMii wrote:

Oh, I meant full area coordinates as in these:

Set your tablet to full area, and tell me what those numbers are. Everything else shouldn't be too hard to find with a quick Google search :P
(also, do you want the active area right in the middle, or on one of the sides?)

And no problem! It's not too time-consuming for me to just punch in some numbers and provide some numbers for you to use. I'd probably have to completely redo the spreadsheet though; I've learned a lot of useful stuff about Excel since I made this, so I want to put that knowledge to good use :?

Ok, i hope i understood this time haha

https://gyazo.com/a3c6f70000c12fb5ef80c71dbea63837

Is that what you need?
TakuMii
Yep, that should be fine.

Give one of these coordinates a try:

I'm not sure how accurate your tablet will be with the smaller areas, but it shouldn't hurt to try :P
Topic Starter
Montoto

YayMii wrote:

Yep, that should be fine.

Give one of these coordinates a try:

I'm not sure how accurate your tablet will be with the smaller areas, but it shouldn't hurt to try :P
Thanks a lot, i will try them, if i see that one of them its close to fit i will notice you by private msj if you dont mind.

Again, thanks a lot for your time