Raniemi
I have to practice maps so I don't mess up the ending zz
Yuudachi-kun

F1r3tar wrote:

they want a low playcount to think they're cool
chainpullz

Raniemi wrote:

Wtf is this shitter who got an A rank on a map.
Barusamikosu
For people trying to create an SS account playing offline is a good way to practice ranked maps while being able to save the score to local rankings and generally not have to worry about mistakes.

Others may just enjoy the lack of stress that comes with playing offline. Not having to worry about PP/rankings/etc. but just playing the game. I like playing unranked maps online for similar reasons.
Raniemi

chainpullz wrote:

Raniemi wrote:

Wtf is this shitter who got an A rank on a map.
That's what happens when I don't play offline :(
Paxas_old
Because this game is a single player
Kayy
otherwise they end up like me, with millions of 1x miss plays
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

They're dumb
For once, I actually agree with you. They're dumb.
Charre
its all about preference really. i have a friend who uses the Relax mod to practice, still uses the z x keys, but similar concept anyway. sometimes people don't feel like having a ranked play on a map they haven't or rarely ever played.
Yuudachi-kun

Charre wrote:

its all about preference really. i have a friend who uses the Relax mod to practice, still uses the z x keys, but similar concept anyway. sometimes people don't feel like having a ranked play on a map they haven't or rarely ever played.

He said offline not unranked
Luqanted

F1r3tar wrote:

practicing in offline mode is sad
Fxjlk
I guess they want to look talented?

Some people develop skills on osu faster because they have played other rhythm games or have done something else with a similar skill set which is somewhat transferable. The other reason is genetics but no one can do anything about that so why worry about it.

Everyone has their own speed, comparing play time/count to rank is a waste of time, they should spend that time playing more.
Risa
If he really did say "you must be training offline alot" he's autistic. Leave him alone.
-Makishima S-
Because 90% of unranked maps are way better and more smooth than garbage rankeds.
You don't need to be online to play unranked maps, it doesn't even count.
So why not?
[ Scarlet Red ]
I think it has to do with not submitting scores. Something about their rank or accuracy and PP can be affected.
Endie-
Some people don't enjoy seeing their playcount/ playtime go up as they feel like they're wasting time.
Yuudachi-kun

Endie- wrote:

Some people don't enjoy seeing their playcount/ playtime go up as they feel like they're wasting time.
Then they're still dumb because playing offline doesn't change the fact that they're playing
_handholding

Khelly wrote:

Then they're still dumb because playing offline doesn't change the fact that they're playing
If they're still playing as you say then does it matter if they're offline or online.

For higher ranked players it does seem logical to play offline if you don't want 10s or 100s of people spectating you
-kags

F1r3tar wrote:

Ninonuko
OMG they're so dumb.
LoliPantsu
because they don't want to be cyberbullied by people in #osu
chainpullz

Ninonuko wrote:

OMG they're so dumb.
SO DUMB :? :? :?
nomikos_old
I've played offline for as long as I can remember. I began playing offline a year and a half ago because I wanted to remove the temptation of playing to solely rank up, and I have come to actually enjoy it more. I find it more fun to play highly technical maps, maps with large CS, and reading that covers a broad range of ARs, instead of only playing AR 10 and AR 10.3. Almost all the maps I play anyways are unranked (even the few ranked ones I'll edit their ARs and stuff,) so I figured that even if I did log on, only 1% of the maps I play would get submitted anyways. Now that I think about it, if I didn't play online, I also probably wouldn't have found my way of having fun with the game kek
-Ene-_old_1
I work nights, and usually watch movies etc when I have nothing to do at work...one of the things I do is play some Osu offline during this time. Not by choice though not allowed to use works internet on my laptop. I do it for fun and to waste time...not to practice per say.